Welcome to Gaia! ::

Naruto: Ultimate Roleplaying (NUR) [CLOSED]

Back to Guilds

A long-lived guild, filled with memories of a time long-gone. RIP NUR. 

Tags: naruto, roleplaying, jutsu, fantasy, discussion 

Reply Naruto Ultimate Roleplaying
Chatroom (Chat thread do not move) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 8693 8694 8695 8696 8697 8698 ... 9223 9224 9225 9226 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

theholyest

Wealthy Fatcat

4,100 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 5:55 am

The Food Chain
i use vileplume always... I have a shiny vileplume named Reiko, and it's my perfect child. it also dies a lot, and would get s**t on by my Gothitelle, Bonquiqui, but ya...

i see your not doing the nuzlock chalenge.
PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 9:58 am

Kino_Afi
Soap Disco
Kino_Afi
Soap Disco
>2012
>using Whismiscott over the countless other superior grass type pokemon
>Lrn2Breloom

>superior grass type pokemon
>superior
>grass

There are a few grass types who are pretty good in a battle. I have taken to using things like stun hacks and confuse hacks on my teams, so someone like breloom with effect spore and poison powder can do a lot for a good tide turner.

Breloom's not gonna poison powder anybody with 70 speed and those 60/80/60 defenses :L

And fighting type is my favorite 3nodding since we're throwing that out there ^
Though my favorite pokemon is yanmega, go figure

A quick fix with Attack EVs, a quick claw, and my trick room combo.
Plus, defense isnt everything. Might I remind you about Alakazam and Gengar? Two of the heaviest Sp. Attack hitters have the lowest defenses. And besides, with affect spore, a slow speed can be a bit helpful, especially if it stuns or sleeps the opponent.

Cute Things In Jars

Anxious Poster

10,675 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Megathread 100

Komerotsu

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 10:02 am

There is allot more to Pokemon than I thought. I thought only attacks that did damage were useful lol.
PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 12:53 pm

Soap Disco
Kino_Afi
Soap Disco
Kino_Afi
Soap Disco
>2012
>using Whismiscott over the countless other superior grass type pokemon
>Lrn2Breloom

>superior grass type pokemon
>superior
>grass

There are a few grass types who are pretty good in a battle. I have taken to using things like stun hacks and confuse hacks on my teams, so someone like breloom with effect spore and poison powder can do a lot for a good tide turner.

Breloom's not gonna poison powder anybody with 70 speed and those 60/80/60 defenses :L

And fighting type is my favorite 3nodding since we're throwing that out there ^
Though my favorite pokemon is yanmega, go figure

A quick fix with Attack EVs, a quick claw, and my trick room combo.
Plus, defense isnt everything. Might I remind you about Alakazam and Gengar? Two of the heaviest Sp. Attack hitters have the lowest defenses. And besides, with affect spore, a slow speed can be a bit helpful, especially if it stuns or sleeps the opponent.

Quick claw would def. work, but I hate relying on luck :L Alakazam and Gengar have high speed, so they're aloud to have that pissy defense lol.
255 speed EVs only puts you at the speed of other 70 speed, max ev pokemon.
Most pokemon are gonna have max speed EVs.
Js, but a pidgeotto (71 speed) with max speed EVs can OHKO breloom with arial ace or fly or something.

Unless you're talking about ingame, in which case that breloom will beat a**.

Kino_Afi

Liberal Seeker

4,450 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Explorer 100

HeadlessKoko

Invisible Regular

12,125 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Inquisitor 200
  • Alchemy Level 2 100
PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 1:03 pm

Focus Sash is a better choice than Quick Claw in a situation against a flying type. You'll only be able to land one hit anyways, so Sash is more reliable.

Choice Scarf can also do the same, but you'll have to be willing to repeat attacks.

All in all, though, you're not supposed to be pitting Breloom up against anything that can 1HKO it. You're supposed to pit it against something that'll allow it to set up with Spore and then just sort of stall from there with Leech Seed and Toxic Orb with the occasional attack.
PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 1:07 pm

Komerotsu
There is allot more to Pokemon than I thought. I thought only attacks that did damage were useful lol.

while playing story mode, all you need is fast and stompy, but in tournament and wi-fi play, it's a whole other story. You need effects, need to worry about which STAB moves are best for certain pokemon, spend countless hours breeding for max IVs, getting a strategy down...it's a lot of logistics, lol

Kino_Afi

true, I guess.
But i could make him work on a sweep team...then again, you can make anyone work on a sweep team. But ya, I dont tend to rely on that type of play too much. My usual winning combo is to start with Forrestress, set up stealth rocks, spikes, and if i'm lucky to get it out, toxic spikes. Use explosion for an early first KO, then go into Pidgeot (choice band for whirlwind) and whirlwind for days. After the team if either stealth cocked and poisoned to all hell, I throw out Gengar, Electivire, Togekiss (max speed, wonderguard, King's Rock, and Air Slash), and Kingdra to clean up the mess.

Cute Things In Jars

Anxious Poster

10,675 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Megathread 100

theholyest

Wealthy Fatcat

4,100 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 1:16 pm

Magikarp.
Focus sash
Max attack stat
Max Speed stat.
Flail.

Or my favorite for the lols.

Shedinja with Focus Sash.
Imortality against most attacks, and any that can hurt it, are negated by the sash, giving me time to swap out.

EDIT: of course, none of that is from tournament play, just for the lolz.
PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 1:18 pm

TheWingsOfTheGods
Magikarp.
Focus sash
Max attack stat
Max Speed stat.
Flail.

Imortality against most attacks, and any that can hurt it, are negated by the sash, giving me time to swap out.

Shedinja is just evil....

you should look up the level 1 Aaron roll combo...it's so stupid!

Cute Things In Jars

Anxious Poster

10,675 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Megathread 100

theholyest

Wealthy Fatcat

4,100 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 1:22 pm

Soap Disco
TheWingsOfTheGods
Magikarp.
Focus sash
Max attack stat
Max Speed stat.
Flail.

you mean THIS level 1 Aaron combo?
PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 1:26 pm

TheWingsOfTheGods
Soap Disco
TheWingsOfTheGods
Magikarp.
Focus sash
Max attack stat
Max Speed stat.
Flail.

yup, it's so silly!

Cute Things In Jars

Anxious Poster

10,675 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Megathread 100

theholyest

Wealthy Fatcat

4,100 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 1:36 pm

Soap Disco
TheWingsOfTheGods
Soap Disco
TheWingsOfTheGods
Magikarp.
Focus sash
Max attack stat
Max Speed stat.
Flail.

yup, it's so silly!

I nice trick to do in double battle with shedinja and ditto is as follows:

Have Ditto Transform into Shedinja. Make sure that Shedinja knows "Mimic" so that Ditto will learn it wen it transforms. Next, bring out a Starmie that knows Camouflage, and have ShedinjaDitto Mimic it, and then use it. In most tournaments Camo makes the Pokémon into a Normal type. You now have a Shedinja with some HP that could only be hit by Fighting type attacks. (This theory could also work on a normal Shedinja but it would still only have the 1 HP.)
PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 1:38 pm

TheWingsOfTheGods
Soap Disco
TheWingsOfTheGods
Soap Disco
TheWingsOfTheGods
Magikarp.
Focus sash
Max attack stat
Max Speed stat.
Flail.

yup, it's so silly!

Have Ditto Transform into Shedinja. Make sure that Shedinja knows "Mimic" so that Ditto will learn it wen it transforms. Next, bring out a Starmie that knows Camouflage, and have ShedinjaDitto Mimic it, and then use it.most tourments Camo makes the Pokémon into a Normal type. You now have a Shedinja with some HP that could only be hit by Fighting type attacks. (This theory could also work on a normal Shedinja but it would still only have the 1 HP.)

good idea in theory, but it sounds risky in practice. It only takes one whirlwind/roar to kill that combo, and my team works a lot with field control, lol

Cute Things In Jars

Anxious Poster

10,675 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Megathread 100

theholyest

Wealthy Fatcat

4,100 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 1:44 pm

Soap Disco
TheWingsOfTheGods
Soap Disco
TheWingsOfTheGods
Soap Disco
TheWingsOfTheGods
Magikarp.
Focus sash
Max attack stat
Max Speed stat.
Flail.

yup, it's so silly!

Have Ditto Transform into Shedinja. Make sure that Shedinja knows "Mimic" so that Ditto will learn it wen it transforms. Next, bring out a Starmie that knows Camouflage, and have ShedinjaDitto Mimic it, and then use it.most tourments Camo makes the Pokémon into a Normal type. You now have a Shedinja with some HP that could only be hit by Fighting type attacks. (This theory could also work on a normal Shedinja but it would still only have the 1 HP.)

good idea in theory, but it sounds risky in practice. It only takes one whirlwind/roar to kill that combo, and my team works a lot with field control, lol

none of this is for proper play, just for fun.
PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 1:50 pm

Have you ever had head aches for days, and then the one day you wake up feeling fresh without one someone shouts so much that you then get a head ache? D: My head hurts D:

Tender Sweets

Partying Gekko

3,050 Points
  • Heckler 50
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Partygoer 500

Cute Things In Jars

Anxious Poster

10,675 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Megathread 100
PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 1:53 pm

Tender Sweets
Have you ever had head aches for days, and then the one day you wake up feeling fresh without one someone shouts so much that you then get a head ache? D: My head hurts D:

on occasion.
but get better soon! You should find a quiet place and read a book, that usually helps me
Naruto Ultimate Roleplaying

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 8693 8694 8695 8696 8697 8698 ... 9223 9224 9225 9226 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games