Welcome to Gaia! ::

Fantasy Roleplay Guild; All That And A Box Of Pocky!

Back to Guilds

Reply Immortal Thief Roleplay
The Immortal Thief Roleplay Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 85 86 87 88 89 90 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Saku?
She's so cool and brilliant.
20%
 20%  [ 2 ]
:D She so awesome.
30%
 30%  [ 3 ]
I like her style.
20%
 20%  [ 2 ]
She's okay.
20%
 20%  [ 2 ]
Erm... not my type.
10%
 10%  [ 1 ]
Yuck. No thanks.
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 10

Noir Empress

Beloved Prophet

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2007 8:28 am
Saku was really starting to think investing in a cot or bed for out here would serve her well. It seemed for ages now she had spent more of her time within her sancturary than out of it. Being near the other theives seemed only to bring her trouble and thus retreating from them had been the only option. The whole mess with Juromaru and Yue, while fading to the recesses of her mind, still grated her to have fallen into such a situation to begin with. As far as she was concerned she'd done nothing but be herself. She worked hard to become stronger and outdo the gods-be-cursed hothead and when she did, he became infatuated with the sudden increase in strength. Notice, she said her strength and not her. Juromaru had never wanted her, just the challenge she offered. It was a story that was becoming commonplace in her life and she brushed that particular thought aside before her mind could dwell on it for too long.

She sat on her favorite boulder, legs crossed beneath her body and stared up into the sky. A longing expression crossed her red-gold eyes as a foreign sense of wistfullness filled her. She watched an eagle soaring overhead and it made her heart ache at the sight. By the gods, if she only had wings herself she would take to the sky and never be seen again. But that meant that she did have wings and Saku was as rooted to the earth as her favorite weeping willows. No, she was a ground walker would no doubt always be a ground walker. Then a bit of spark jumped through her mind. That wasn't true, with her speed she could damned near fly.

She rose to her feet in a fluid motion and took off down out of her sanctuary. She leapt near instantly into one of the trees, scaling the mighty oak as if no higher than a fence. She swung over onto a top branch and held herself there for a moment to keep her balance. Then with a grunt propelled herself from one tree to the other. As her momentum increased so to did her speed and the feeling that she was flying took hold. She alternated between jumping higher into the canopy and letting herself make gliding falls. The rush was like being in the air, giving her the sensation of wings that she so longed for. A soft smile curved her lips as she continued on, not even caring where her path would lead her.

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2007 5:46 pm
"Uh, lost? I dunno... I guess." Aoki thought for a second. "Wait, no way out? Onee-san! Employer-san sent us to our doom!" She shimpered.

"Ah? Tall, silver hair? That's my Onee-chan! Can you show me where she went? I don't want to be here forever without Onee-san, Hurtley-kun."

The more she thought about Hurtley, the weirder he was. Although he seemed to know about the maze, his clothes were clean as if he had just stepped in for a walk. Where there other people here, or was he the only one? Hurtley seemed so young, too.

"Hurtley-kun... Are there other people down here? And how'd you get here? And how do you know so much about the maze? And-And..." AOki stopped, she was babbling. "Sorry Hurtley-san... I tend to get caught up with my own questions."

Tsubasa Reservoir

Edaniel
Captain

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2007 9:13 pm
Hurtley just watched the gurl for a moment, allowing her to drone ought sneselessly, a little trigger-happy with the questions before she stopped herself, then he spoke, being very carefuly not to come off as too... villainous.

"No, it's just your an your sister, we don't usually have a lot of guests... and it's not exactly a "maze", just built like a maze. with long and winding halls and deead-ends gallore! It's a lot of fun to live here, as I do. And I think you'll like it too!"

Hurtley turned and began to head down the corridor, the opposite direction of which Shinobu had gone.

"Catch me!" He called out to Aoki, laughing heartily.

~~~

Hoeen took in the deep humid air of the marsh above, allowing the reeds to part as he stepped out, into the middle of the wood, giving his eyes time to adjust to the sudden-yet still rather dim, lighting and taking a good look about his surroundings.

There were many thick and healthy trees and other shrubbery, not to mention flora like a carpet, it was the heart of nature, something Hoeen, in his years spent below the earth, had almost forgotten existed so near.

He then became aware of a presence* nearby.

Hoeen turned, slowly, with calculated movements and began to apporach the hidden person, knowing fully well that they were undoubtedly skilled in the arts of stealth, they may have remained unhidden minus the fact that Hoeen had spent so long a time alone, honing his senses to pick up even the slightest noise. And with very little to distract, in both the deep echoes of the earth and the cool murmur of the forest glade.

"Hello."

•  
  • PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2007 11:15 pm
    [A'ight. So now both hoeen and Hurtley are up in the "Other Characters" section. I got lazy and used an old picture for Hoeen that a few of you may recognise, but only because I really couldn't find much better on the internet.

Plus, it's a nice picture, i've grown fond of it over time, and I'm glad I'm finally getting to use it.

I hpe that having a visual idea of how Hoeen looks will help you to role-play with his character, Izumo, that's mostly why I got it put up just now.]

Edaniel
    Captain

Tsubasa Reservoir

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2007 4:10 pm
    Aoki nodded. "Ah. I don't think I can stay here to long, but I can stay untill I find what I'm looking for."

The thief was surprised when Hurtley began running down the hallway. It had escaped her mind that Hurtley could possibly be an enemy, so blindly, she followed the boy without objection.

"Wait up Hurtley-chan! I can't run amazingly fast!" She yelled, leaving a trail of butterflies in her wake just in case her sister hadn't gone the way Hurtley was leading her. Following the other child, she laughed happily. It had been quite a while since she had had fun. Last time was at least three weeks ago, when Suki and her had started spying on other thieves.

((Can't post for a few days. Some kind of sickness is waging war on my defense system. I really wish I could puke and get it over with, but my body's being horrid to me. ))

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2007 7:02 pm
    [ gonk Poor you, Tsubie! I know how it feels to be sick, I was just a short while ago. Take time and heal.]  

Edaniel
    Captain

Lord Bean
    Crew

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2007 12:29 pm

{{I am back! Some of you might know me, for some of you I am new. I've been with this role-play for quite a while now, was just out for a few months. You can call me Bean, or if you want to Bram which is my real name. Or if you really insist you can call me Lord ^.^ As you can see I play Nia, and yes she is a , and no I am not transsexual, I just like playing her. Well I guess that settles it, let's role-play.}}

Her silent steps were unnoticed as she set foot in the theatre once again. She felt some of the others thieves’ aura in the neighborhood, but she couldn’t quite place them. She walked further into the long hallway, into the place she had once called home. Her right leg was a bit stiff and she had a little because of it. She felt disoriented and the hall started spinning around her, doors, walls, lights, everything blurred together. She felt sick. She fell on her knees, her hands on the ground in front of her. Black spots appeared before her eyes, she realized she was going to black out. She pulled together all the power she had left inside of her and tried to breach her spirit, but she felt she couldn’t. She was slipping away back into the horror that made her this way. Her sight turned black and she fainted.

She knew she was back even before she opened her yes. She felt the sun burning her skin, the hot air lashing her face and the sand between the toes of her bare feet. She slowly opened her eyes, shielding them with her hands from the dessert sun. An endless dessert stretched out for as far as the eye could see; only interrupted by small rock formations and hills. She sat down, knowing that it was of no use to walk. She had done that already hundreds of times, in all directions, but never had she found anything. She felt more miserable than she could ever remember feeling. She thought of the theatre in which she knew her body now lay on the floor. Maybe one of her fellow thieves would find it, astonished about her sudden return as well as her bad condition. She also knew none of the thieves could help her, for even she couldn’t have helped someone in this condition.

The sun burned her skin, turning it slightly red and a bit soar, but she didn’t even attempt to cover it, knowing that her skin wasn’t really burning. Only her soul was. For although it appeared that she was her in person, only her conscience was.

Suddenly she heard a faint ticking, muffled but not too far away. She slowly got up, trying to focus her weakened senses to determine the source. With a shock she realized that the sound came from underneath her, from under the sand. She sank down on her knees and lay her ear on the hot sand. The sand burned her cheek but she did not notice, all she paid attention to was the sound, which was now definitely louder and undoubtedly coming from the earth. She started digging with her bare hands, knowing that whatever it was making that sound was potentially dangerous. On the other hand it was also the only lead that she had to finding an answer to the question where she was and why she was here.

The sand got gradually colder as she dug deeper into it. The sound grew louder and the hoped that whatever it was, wasn’t buried much deeper, seeing that the piles of sand around her were about to collapse and fall back into the pit, making her work useless.

Then her hand suddenly hit something wooden. She felt how her nail ed and as she pulled it out of the sand her fingers were covered in . Normally this would heal instantly, and such a minor wound wouldn’t even be worth remembering, but her it didn’t, here she wasn’t immortal. She wiped her hand on her kimono and turned into the hole again. A small spot of wood was visible. She started wiping the sand of it and soon she had uncovered a small chest. It was made of some red colored wood and was bound with a metal she couldn’t determine. The chest wouldn’t have been any special, weren’t it for the lock that was on the front. It was made from the same metal as the binding but it seemed to radiate a faint light. It had the shape of an hourglass, but didn’t seem to have a keyhole. She slowly stretched out her hand to wards the lock, vaguely aware that it started to glow brighter. As her fingers touched the lock an explosion of light occurred. She tried to pull her hand away from it, but it seemed glued to the lock, that she felt melting in her hand.
    Hours passed, but nothing changed. She had never been her for such a long period of time. Previously she had always passed out after a few hours and upon waking up she the found herself back at her body, similar to how she always came here. But not this time, this time she just sat there, one hand stuck to the chest, one hand in her lap in the setting, but still burning, sun.

Then as the last rays of sunlight disappeared behind a far away hill something changed again. The lock suddenly started heating up and she desperately tried to pull her hand of it, away from the burning. Then suddenly, with a suddenness that hurt her hand even more, it change to freezing cold, as if she had taken her hand out of a fire and dipped it into an icy cold lake. She would have screamed if she hadn’t learned long ago that screaming was of no use.

She felt how her hand was released from the grip and she slowly retraced her hand, afraid that the skin might have been ripped of by the exposure to such extreme conditions. Surprisingly it was in perfect condition, there wasn’t even a trace of any change. Her eyes went form her hand to the lock which was another surprise, unlike her hand the lock had changed. Instead of a metal hourglass, now a real miniature hourglass was hanging on the front of the chest. Bright white sand slowly fell down to the lower compartment.

The debated with herself on what to do, but decided that things couldn’t get much worse than they were now. She grabbed the lid of the chest with two hands, careful not to touch the locks, and tried to lift it. To her surprise the chest swung open, revealing its contents. She eagerly leaned forward to see what treasure she had found. The whole chest filled with a soft purple pillow, on which precisely in the middle lay a small silver pocket watch. She curiously picked up the thing and observed it. It was not that big at all, not even covering the palm of her hand. It did not have a chain or even a place to attach one. The glass was like liquid and as she touched it she noticed it was freezing cold. It didn’t have any arms but instead a purple gas circled in it. The fact however was the most intriguing, it did not contain any writing but seemed to be a mirror, but when she tried to mirror herself in it she noticed she didn’t see herself and just watched into the far. When a ray of moonlight fell on it, it revealed a network of lines and dots leading to the digits, which were in the same position as on a normal watch.

She felt weak again, the now dark dessert was getting blurry and her head was heavy. She knew that she was about to black out again, and return to her body at the theatre. She quickly let the watch slide into the pocket of her kimono, hoping it would still be there when she woke up. With her hand still in her pocket she passed out.

When she woke up she felt like she had slept for days, something that could well be she realized. She looked around the hallway in which she had returned now. She was surprised none of the others had found her, something she was grateful for. She wouldn’t have liked them seeing her in this condition. She felt even more miserable then she had done before and her finger hurt. As she got up a small weight bounced against her leg. She remembered the watch, she quickly felt it and was glad and worried that it was still there at the same time. She hadn’t expected it to be there, since the other place wasn’t a real place, and the fact that it was could mean that it was dangerous to her. On the other hand she could now observe it and find out what it was exactly and more important what it did, which could lead her to finding out how to stop fainting. She put the watch back into her pocked and started walking up the stairs. Nia was back once again.

[Gonna read this...]  
    PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2007 4:32 pm
    After a couple minutes passed, she'd stopped hearing her sister's voice altogether. It also would'n'tve been nearly so eerie in that maze, if it wasn't for the constant echoes of movement, shuffling along the distant corners as she went. She could hear someone about, but didn't think it would be her sister.

It just didn't seem like her.

Aoki, where are you? Are you even around me anymore? I despise mazes... they'tre just mid-tricks... a kind of reality that just warps the surroundings and confuses the mind, and I doubt I'm even getting anywhere.

Shinobu turned back, looking the direction she'd come and shrugged, she'd decided to follow her rope trail back and start again. Oviously she was much closer to her sister then, because that's when Aoki'd actually been repliying to her, now all she could hear was that worrysome scuffling.

She yanked on the rope, and instead of feeling tension she gained slack.

Not good.

Edaniel
    Captain

Edaniel
    Captain

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2007 4:37 pm
    Hurtley picked up the pace, but only a little. He wasn't lying when he'd said he knew the labrynth well, his ears, much like that of his brother's, had been honed to a less-effective but still potent extent, and he could hear the child behind him, and her sister not too far away, Hurtley knew just where to lead the unsuspecting Aoki to ensure that she'd never come to meeting with her elder.

"Come on!" he called out, pitching his voice upward, excitedly, smiling back at her, "I think I can tell where your sister is!"

Still, technically, not lies.

Hurtley walked slowly into the first room either of the sisters had seen snce they entered the maze. the usual thick hallways openned up into a larger square room, with a few tables, chairs, and a heavy wooden door on the left. He paused here, brushing the wrinkles out of his loose outfit, and turned to welcome aoki as she caught up.

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2007 8:24 pm
    (( Terribly sorry my inactivity, but honestly, I've been rather distracted with other things in my life at the moment. I will, however, post this message to let you know that I have caught myself up with the going's on in the roleplay, and that you can expect a post from me within a few days, providing nothing happens to prevent my making said response. ))

[That'll be cool.]  

Mikujin

TaikuNiwa

700 Points
    • Treasure Hunter 100
    • Dressed Up 200
    • Member 100
    PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2007 3:17 pm
    Taketo suddenly heard the crackle of trees behind him as if someone was flowing through them. The wristle of the tree and the movement of bark chips falling down the base alerted his periphery to his surroundings. He slowly let out of his form and scanned the area around him, finding nothing out of the ordinary at first glance. He quickly shifted his weight backward and jolt behind a tree on the outskirts of the clearing. He quickly shot glance at the empty, serene clearing seeing that nobody was truly following or trying to watch him. Taketo knew this area well, but the thought of someone getting close to him again was something that he planned to cease. He quickly tied some really thin fishing line between the bases of two trees, making a sizeable approach to see if anyone was truly following him.

Taketo shot atop of a tree and pounced backward atop another, landing precisely on a nimble branch. He scanned the area again, finding nothing but foliage and the empty sound of wind passing. His senses were becoming a little more acute now. He then looked a little to his other side...seeing another fellow thief, Saku, idly jumping through the forest. His expression lowered, almost becoming deeply unnerving. He grumbled under his breath over the ridiculous suspicion and fell from his tree and began to head back toward his training ground.

Taketo suddenly noticed something in this particular thief...she was smiling. Something she never really did. He fell into the clearing and just stood there in plain sight, almost in complete awe. Taketo kept watching, seeing her fly like the eagle he saw fly by him earlier.

What is up with her...?

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2007 5:17 pm
    Yue decided that she was hungry. The marketplace was bustling still, it was early yet for most people to be sitting down for lunch. With this in mind she decided that now was a good time to beat the rush for a meal.

"If your hungry Haru, feel free to join me for lunch."

She then turned into a small restaurant located close by the main stream of shopping.

[short but something =] ]

Bizarre-love-triange

Tsubasa Reservoir

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2007 5:31 pm
    Aoki caught up easily, patting the dust and grime from her kimono. Something troubled her, but she decided to keep it quiet. When Hurtley smilled, the girl could only smile sheepishly back.

'Sister was only through the wall... But the other way... I wonder if Hurtley really knows where she is...'

She burried part of her face in her furry white boa, contemplating what to do. Should she really trust him? Someone who could easily be the biggest traitor she would ever meet, or someone who could be as innocent as a newborn. Her head was filled with such thoughts. It was simple, trust him, or don't. Aoki turned away from Hurtley. His cute smile and happy-go-lucky nature told her he looked harmless enough, but on a mission to retrieve a strong magical item, a flea could look harmless and kill you. Aoki hit her head lightly with her fist a few times before turning back around.

"Ano... Hurtley-kun, my sister's voice came from that way..." Aoki said in almost a whisper, pointing the direstion from which they had just come from, golden butterflies trailing down the hall. "She was only on the other side of a wall, from what I could hear..."

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 1:55 pm
    Haru followed her thinking about his past. "My past? Well, I guess I can simply say that my past is very short. From what I know, I am a mercenary, a warrior, and a man who has forgotten most of his past." Haru said to her. "I am told that I was hired to destroy the immortal thieves guild which resided in this forest. Unfortunately, I am not one who can kill an immortal. When I woke up after losing my memory, I found myself impaled by knives and all sorts of weaponry. I was told that the immortals tried to kill me however... I myself am immortal. At least that is what I believe. It is interesting, but I am always curious on how to kill an immortal, one whose wounds heal upon impact and have unmatched powers to that of mortals? No matter how many cuts, bruises, and scars, the immortal never is even phased but then... that wouldn't explain why I have lost my memory." Haru seemed a little deep in thought. "It seems as though I do have a connection with the immortals but also with the captail. However, my memories just will not lead me to the right answer." Haru stopped and then turned to Yue. "It's funny, but I do not feel to hostile to anyone, not even those who should be my enemy. I feel as I can almost just talk to someone freely without regretting the fact I have to kill them later." Haru said almost in a cheerfully calm type manner.  

Ratherion
    Vice Captain

Immortal Thief Roleplay

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 85 86 87 88 89 90 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
    Other Stuff
    Get GCash
    Offers
    Get Items
    More Items
    Where Everyone Hangs Out
    Other Community Areas