Welcome to Gaia! ::

Lyndria

Back to Guilds

This Guild is dedicated to hardcore fantasy and sci-fi Roleplayers alike! Enjoy! 

Tags: Roleplaying, RPing, Fantasy, Sci-fi, Literate 

Reply Archive
Lyndria RP Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 85 86 87 88 89 90 ... 93 94 95 96 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

[Faelan]
Captain

850 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2007 6:55 pm

Karasu saw the portal open up ahead and gained speed, muscles tensing and wings slicing the air with violent grace. She watched as the others disappeared and it began to close. Clenching her teeth in frustration, she beat her wings hard against the dry desert air and suddenly was engulfed in a bone-crushing pressure followed by a peculiar sensation. She opened her eyes to a familiar scene of light filtering through a forest of ancient Oaks and the faint smell of ash and decay. She had missed this place.. But the smell... She knew immediately where it was that the portal had taken them, and heaved a sigh of reluctant averment: it was Talik.

The opaline dragon then turned to face the group before her and her eyes fell upon the unconscious form of her master in the arms of a foreigner. No explanation was necessary.. In an instant, her talons and fangs were unsheathed. It didn't matter when he placed the Elf delicately on the lush grasses of the forest floor. That meant nothing.. She had made her assumptions...
She tried her best to control herself and dug her claws into the soft earth. Drawing in a deep breath, she stepped forth to join the rest of the group, careful not to lock eyes with the stranger. As she looked upon the inert form of her master, the conversation around her seemed inaudible as her anger began, once more, to rise. Her brow furrowed and her steely blue optics slowly rose to meet the outsider's, but she soon realized that her scowl went unheeded. A blindfold..? she silently pondered the meaning of this, but soon realized that the Human was blind. She felt a twinge of pity, yet her fury remained unimpressed... Still, she made more of an effort to calm herself with the knowledge that she would likely regret bringing harm to him..

~~~

Queen Angelleius furrowed her brow slightly as she looked down at the guard. Her expression of stern austerity hardened at the mention of the Shadowed Ones. "A reward.." she repeated the word bitterly after a moment of silent contemplation. "Has he evidence of his so-called victories? I am well aware of the Cult of whom he speaks, but there is no possible way that he could have conquered them single-handedly. Especially, if he is an Elf.." This was the third self-proclaiming warrior in the past week who had come to her courts expecting a prize for his imaginary feats. Ever since she had issued the attack on the Shadowed, every git in the country seemed to miraculously become a hero overnight. She grew weary of this game.. She was not born yesterday, and would not be perceived a fool.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2007 1:46 pm
Marten noticed the tension in Karasu's muscles and reached out with his mind. "It wasn't him, Karasu. The man who took her was of much slighter build and in cultist garb." He didn't mention the damage to Yousei's brain yet; as angry as Karasu was she would likely go berserk if she felt she had failed to protect her ward. "I think Hile, the tall guy next to me, interrupted the kidnapper before he could do serious harm"  

Gredar

Masamune 5.0

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2007 1:55 pm
Mirado watched in great surprise as the dragon appeared before them. She seemed quite agitated at the suspicious Hile. 'Smart dragon,' Mirado thought. 'She knows not to be that trusting of this Hile.'  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2007 11:21 pm
The guard scratched his head and ook another bow, "I'll see if he has any my queen." He kept himself facing the queen as he walked backwards and then finally turned at the door. After a few more minutes he came back to his original post to speak to the elf. "The queen would like ta know if yeh got any proof of yer exploits."

Witium frowned at the request and checked his pockets for anything. All he had on him were blood stains that almost made his wore-drobe red. He narrowed his eyes in frustration, "Doubts and expecting deceit as usual human." The elf quickly put his hand on the guards chest and tensed as hatred spewed forth from his hand. Soon the man's armor had rusted and turned to dust. Witium pulled his hand back and clenched it into a fist as he roared in the guards face, "I have payed the price for killing off that foul cult! I have paid with my life and soul; I certainly will not have you human's deny my reward for this." With push he shoved the guard aside and gave the other one a murderous look as he passed by.

After some time of marching through the castle, Witium had made his way to the guarded doors of the throne room. A well armored guard looked at him sternly, "Do you have proof?" The elf ground his teeth, "Definitely, although it may not be of one she'd agree upon." The elf opened the door's and marched through without bowing or even blinking an eye as he stared dagger's into the queens eyes. His attire now looked severely ragid. His armor had deep dents in it, gashes, puncture holes and chunks that seemed to have been ripped off. The cloth's he wore all showed blood stains that weren't protected by armor. His once long, beautiful hair was now soaked in dirt and sand. The elf's eyes glowed a deep purple as he spoke coldly, "Greetings Queen of Opalescent City." He finally took a small bow before crossing his arms.  

kroska
Vice Captain

[Faelan]
Captain

850 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 7:36 pm
Queen Angelleius watched with some amusement as her guards were humiliated before her. Her pursed and unwavering lips curved to form a smirk. Well, he certainly has abilities.. she thought silently to herself. Perhaps he is telling the truth..

"And I thought Elves were peaceful creatures," the Queen said mockingly as the warrior approached her. She flinched slightly as his violaceous gaze pierced her, but quickly recovered, "And, if you don't mind my correcting you, good sir, I am not merely the queen of Opalescent. I must say, you should view yourself fortunate to be standing where you are.. But that is of little importance now. You mentioned that you desire a reward for your heroic ventures?" She looked upon his filthy and bloodstained form and grimaced faintly with disgust.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 2:28 pm
Not the slightest hint of a reaction could be seen on his face as Karasu landed. He had dealt with dragons once before, so he was well aware that the slightest display of fear or surprise could get you killed. He assumed this was another member of the odd group, because none of the others seemed too terribly surprised. Although he was fairly certain they meant no harm to the girl, having a dragon on their side would make it much more interesting should that assumption be false.

[Sorry for the delay, guys. Parents dragged me down to Atlanta to visit family. Shouldn't be any more interruptions for a long while, though.]  

GreyZone

kroska
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 5:16 pm
Witium slowly set down a bag that was attached to his plate armor. He knelt down to reach inside and swiftly yank out a tattered black book. Again his words rang with a strong stern tone as he spoke. "Yes, that is correct and here's proof," Witium announced as he flicked the book at her feet. The book itself slapped the floor hard once it collided with the stone floor and slide into the leg of her throne.

One of guards leaped out of position and charged Witium. The guard shouted with anger, "How dare you insult the queen with your barbarism!" The blade unsheathed by the guard sung as it cut threw the air; hungering for the elfish blood.

Witium clenched his fist the instant the guard got got close enough to hit. He side stepped closer to the guard as he swung his blade and shot out the back of of his clenched fist straight into the guard's face-plate. Bare knuckles collided with cold metal. As they hit the metal turned to rust and chipped into dust. When the fist hit the man's cheek it decayed the man's skin and tore it from the bone. The guard was now left screaming on the floor with his right cheek bone showing through the injury.

The elf kept his fist tightened and his arm in place as he shouted at the queen. "I lost my home, family and friends to the cult that I killed and I also lost half my life and soul. Through sacrifice I got my revenge, but at a colossal price," Witium explained. He unclenched his fist to point at the book and spoke again, "I used that book to try to raise a friend who helped me destroy the cult and it is also what tore my soul in half. That is my proof and so is that!" His finger shifted to point to the severely injured guard that howled in agony.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 7:10 pm
Miles glanced up and back towards Opalcent, frowning. Something had happened, he was sure of it. "How did Witium make it back there so quickly? It took us months of just sailing to get here," He frowned, going over different possibilities.  

[Z_]
Vice Captain

Aged Noob

8,175 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Invisibility 100

Gredar

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 8:15 pm
Marten raised his eyebrows. "Opalescent is that way?" he asked, looking in the same direction Miles was. "Which direction is that? West?" The monastery he grew up in was north of the city, he was pretty sure. "Miles, if we can get Yousei to the Monastery where I grew up I can minimize the damage. They have a full set up there, alchemy stations, apprentices, herbs, the works. If anyone can help her, it's them."  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 12:08 pm
"Wha?" Miles rolled his head around to face Marten. "You say something?" He questioned, his arms hanging at his side. His fingers twitched as he looked things over in his head.  

[Z_]
Vice Captain

Aged Noob

8,175 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Invisibility 100

Gredar

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 2:43 pm
Marten picked Yousei up, balancing her across his arms. "Is Opalescent that way?" he gestured, his voice halfway between a question and a demand. "They have an alchemical lab there, enough to restore some of the damage to Yousei's brain if we get her there quickly."  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 2:54 pm
"Yeah, I think that's the way," Mirado answered blankly. He, too, was thinking everything over in his head. This Brother-Leader person was not in the hut like Hile said. Mirado looked at his feet, allowing his black hair to drop over his eyes. Hile could not be trusted, atleast not yet. He would have to keep a close eye on him.

His gaze then shifted to Yousei, who lay in Marten's arms. She was quite fragile in her current condition. She would have to be guarded safely.  

Masamune 5.0

[Z_]
Vice Captain

Aged Noob

8,175 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 5:07 pm
Miles shook himself out of thoughts, nodding to him. He hadn't realized they'd stepped through the portal. "The black woode," He frowned, looking back and searching for the portal. "I've lost my home again," He sighed shaking his head.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2007 6:06 pm
Marten noticed Miles' glazed expression and rolled his eyes. Whatever Miles saw in that god forsaken wasteland he would never know. "I'm taking Yousei to Opalescent for treatment. Have Kraid or Karasu take you there once your brain comes back." He walked over to Hile, willing the shadows to open as he did so. Suddenly, traveling through the darkness felt like second nature. The three of them sank silently into the blackness as the sun set.

Nothing felt like it should. Kraid may have had some way of navagating in the inky nothingness that surrounded him, but whatever it was eluded Marten. Feebly he tried to locate the city, tried to find it's direction, and went racing off. Before long he was simply lost, trying desperately to find something he knew, somewhere to come out where he could rest. A patch of light suddenly loomed up, and unable to swerve in time the group crashed into it. Reality suddenly snapped back around them, and the group was sent flying out of the portal and into a snow bank. Marten curled tightly around Yousei, cusioning the blow with his own body. He felt his wings snap under the impact. A bright fire burned in the center of a snowy clearing, apparently he had clipped it's edge. He struggled to his feet, watching as the portal closed behind them. Several men had detached themselves from the fire, heavily built with massive weapons, and were advancing on them. One of them assumed a fighting stance, with what looked like a heavy mallet in his hands, while the other stood unarmed with fists like anvils.

"Speak, demon, or we will cut you down where you stand!"

((Before someone starts complaining about this, take it up with Faelan. This was more or less her decision to separate Hile and Yousei from the main group.))  

Gredar

Masamune 5.0

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2007 7:25 pm
"Marten, be careful." Mirado said right before Marten, Yousei, and Hile vanished through the portal. The portal closed behind them.

Mirado gazed at the others. There was Miles, Kraid, and the dragon now. There was an uneasy silence that compelled Mirado to speak. "So... what now?"  
Archive

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 85 86 87 88 89 90 ... 93 94 95 96 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff