Welcome to Gaia! ::

Fantasy Roleplay Guild; All That And A Box Of Pocky!

Back to Guilds

Reply Immortal Thief Roleplay
The Immortal Thief Roleplay Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 86 87 88 89 90 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Saku?
She's so cool and brilliant.
20%
 20%  [ 2 ]
:D She so awesome.
30%
 30%  [ 3 ]
I like her style.
20%
 20%  [ 2 ]
She's okay.
20%
 20%  [ 2 ]
Erm... not my type.
10%
 10%  [ 1 ]
Yuck. No thanks.
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 10

Bizarre-love-triange

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 5:13 pm
Yue smiled despite herself. It was only natural for him to feel so at home with them, they were one in the same. All of them were, these immortal thieves. She sat down at a table and motioned for him to sit down with her, the restaurant was as she suspected relitivly empty and calm. Someone int he background the sound of music could be heard, faint and calm. What a suiting melody.

"Yes, those of us who you would kill.... Haru, why not let yourself talk to us. Judge us after you have known us?"

She sat contemplating his enigma, damaged brain cells in one that could not be damaged, It really was a piece of the puzzle she had failed to recognize.

"After all, if we are damnable, theres nothing stopping you from trying to kill us again later is there?"

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 7:55 pm
It was like freedom took the place of blood in her veins.

Saku relished the rush of adrenaline that mingled with her elation. Goddess, if she only had true wings... But the theif woman brushed the thought from her mind. It was not like her to be ungrateful for what she had. Not many people could do what she did at that very moment. It took concentration, balance and precision to execute the movements necessary to keep her from toppling to the unforgiving earth. The impact wouldn't kill her, after all nothing could, but it would still be unpleasant. And right about not, she wasn't ready to be a ground walker again. For the time being, she could fly with the winged folk. The contented smile she wore changed not an ounce as she continued upon her way. She was so comfortable with the idea that she was alone that she hardly thought about silencing her movements. It wasn't like anyone was around.

But when she thought of that she realized that someone was around. Saku stopped smiling and became her usual reserved self. She paused midstride, catching onto a sturdier branch. She paused in a weeping willow tree, an ancient but lovely arbor. Its drooping leaves barely hid her from view. Balancing on one of the thicker limbs she searched around for the presence she felt. It was familar to her thus was probably another theif. However, the unwarranted animosity she had felt coming from Haru made her suspicious. Who else would want to try and hurt her next. Thus far, her interactions with the other immortals had been less than friendly. But she let none of those thoughts show themselves as finally her eyes locked upon the source.

Taketo, she said the name in her mind and too herself.

She was surprised to see him. Saku couldn't remember the last time she had seen this other immortal. Any time either of them had been within the theater, the other was out and about somewhere. Strange now that their paths crossed. He didn't look to pleased but she had no reason to think she was the cause. She didn't know how to approach him, as she'd not known how to approach any of the others. Summoning the only action to come to mind, she inclined her head in silent greeting.

Noir Empress

Beloved Prophet

Edaniel
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 10:07 am
Hurtley gave his female companion a skeptical look.

"Are you sure?"

He moved forwards and placed his hands on her shoulders, rapidly spinning the girl about, allowing her to keep her balance, but twirling her on the spot at least 20 times round, and as he did so, all the door in the square room they'd stumbled into were silently closed, and re-opened, bending the very fabric of the maze, making opennings to different places as before, and warping the room.

He stopped her and straightened her up, giving Aoki time to sober up.

"You sister should be somewhere north of here." Hurtley told the truth.

He pointed to one of the wrong doors.

"Let's go that way!"

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 10:12 am
Very suddenly the walls around Shinobu began to change drastically. She fell forwards and braced herself as the dramatic scrape of distorted stone surrounded her, and she hid close to the floor.

Has Kherej led us to our doom? This place is not natural! Shinobu though to herself, teeth clenched, as dust and rubble from the labrynth ceiling fell all around her.

Once the rumbling had stopped, and all had been still for a few minutes, Shinobu stood up once again, cautious as she was, and continued pulling in her rope, knowing by now that she'd been sabotaged, and all that she'd find at the end was a frayed knot.

And she was not mistaken.

~~~

"Damn it..." she whispered to herself softly, sat up against the wall nearest to where she'd been when she'd finally recoiled the last of her rope.

I want to go and search for my sister... but now I know that we aren't alone, and I could only get myself more lost. Besides... We're just a part of someone's game now, I know it. This maze isn't even a structure, it's probably only a very good illusion, and I'll never mind my sister if whoever it is that made this doesn't want me to.

Edaniel
Captain

Ratherion
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 11:17 pm
Haru glanced at the table and then realized before he sat down that his sword was far too big for him to sit comfortly in a chair so long as it was strapped to his back. Haru took off his sword however he felt very uneasy lowering his guard to this extremity. He paused for a minute as his eyes darted around the room searching for any hostile forms in the area however he could find none except for the girl infront of him. Despite she didn't make a move on him still didn't gurantee Haru's safety. It would stand to reason in his mind that if an immortal thief was around other immortals, they should be somewhat aware of their weaknesses and possibly have an idea how to kill an immortal. Haru couldn't fully drop his guard to someone he didn't even know. However, he still had somewhat of a guard up as he sat down. The sword was set to the side of him in close proximity. "It is my job not to ask questions about who I kill and why they deserve to die. I know only so much to go by but none of it could be true or all of it. Even if your intentions are good or even if they are not hostile, the fact is that I was hired to kill every last person here. I will observe for the sake of believing that you are immortals." Haru said as the song in the background still rang through his ears. Almost everything felt nostalgic, however most things did to him. He always hoped for an answer to his questions but he just hasn't received any answers no matter how much he tried. Haru opened a small booklet to write a footnote however when he did someone bumped into him and the the pages turned from where he was to a note that he didn't remember ever writing. He paused for a second as he glanced at the note and his eyes changed for a second in almost shock as he read it and then he returned to normal. An interesting note... was it I who wrote it or... can I trust a note that I cannot remember ever written? Haru thought to himself then he folded the page and then went to another blank page and wrote the small footnote and put it away. His mind was very lost but he tried to refocus. "Well now that we are here..." Haru said clearing his voice as someone came over to take an order. "I will take a small pot of green tea and a bowl of miso soup." Haru said to the person who came over. Haru appeared still a bit dazed but he had an expression that he didn't want to talk about it.  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 12:31 pm
Yue watched curiously. Something had thrown him off guard,.. in his own book? she thought for a moment she must have made a mistake, it must have been the man who bumped into him that has caused the reaction. The little notebook was after all his, why on earth would something inside of it shock him.

"I will have the same green tea, and a spicy tuna roll"

Her voice was smooth with a hint of distraction, she was now reading off the small folded menu paper.

"Haru, tell me more about this Vendetta you have against the silver haired female"

Bizarre-love-triange

roseofLA

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2007 9:23 am
Yuki sighed slightly, staring up at the sky. It was a rather clear night, and the moon illuminated his target very well. Silently, he pleaded with the gods to be with him on this mission, as he always did right before seizing his prize.

Although tonight, he wasn't stealing anything, as the title 'thief' might suggest. Instead, he was going for the assassin aspect of his job.

Yuki wasn't generally fond of these types of jobs. He preferred the thrill of stealing, where you could carefully map every step out. An assassin job was usually more impulsive, and sometimes bloody. But there had been a job, and someone had to do it, so Yuki had volunteered.

Seventeen-year-old golden eyes fell on the short, black-haired figure. Honestly, this ten year old didn't seem to be too much of a threat, but as the immortal had learned, appearances could be deceiving. The target whipped around, and a golden gaze much like his was now fixed on an area only a few meters from Yuki. That had been close.

A silver strand of hair blew out in front of Yuki's face, and he pushed it back absently as he focused in preparation for the attack in the next few minutes. Steady, calm...like a rock.

The boy willed himself to open his senses to the world, taking in the breaths of wind that whistled gently past his ears, the whispered conversation of a newly-birthed couple, the nearly undetectable sent of some sort of dung more than a few meters away, and waiting for the moment when the breeze shifted the right way.

It jumped almost too suddenly toward his target, and he found himself leaping with it and merging soundlessly with the shadow. The thrill made his blood race, but the emotions on his pale face did not shift once. His target shifted, and it was nearly too late when he realized that the target had been waiting for the attack all along.

A gust whipped his face, and he remembered all too suddenly that the target had shown great potential in mastery of the wind element. Cursing himself for forgetting, Yuki ran around to the other male's front side. The seventeen year old drew his katana.

It was best to get this over with. His target threw a knife at him, and he wondered why he hadn't realized the reason the target--no, he was an opponent now, not a target--had been a threat. Yuki deflected the weapon, and rushed at the other, feinting a thrust to his right.

Luckily, the opponent fell for it, and Yuki was able to get a hit on his left.

The opponent yelped, and Yuki felt himself almost letting his guard down, until he found a sharp dagger flying for his stomach. He dodged neatly, but the dagger tore some of his clothing off, and he noticed a new wound--a small, clean line of blood. It wasn't too serious, but he'd need to close it from infections anyway.

The boy turned golden eyes on his opponent once more, calculating exactly what he'd have to do to finish the target off. He was interrupted in his thoughts by a gust of wind throwing him bodily into the air. Yuki gritted his teeth, willing gravity to help him. Now, he was one with the shadows. A lake that took everything calmly.

The thief leapt forward and caught hold of the target, poised to kill.

A stab with his tanto finished the opponent off, and the winds howled furiously as Yuki melted back into the night, bringing the body with him. He buried it carefully, hiding it under soil and layers of leaves. There, no one could find it now.

The seventeen year old stepped back and whisked himself into the shadows once more, headed this time for the headquarters. The peace and quiet back there would be all he needed after tonight's job.

[ooc] Hello. I'm called thy, and will be playing Yuki, as you may have seen above. I'm rather new both here and to Gaia, and am sharing the account with a friend who spends the money for me, seeing as I don't have much of a taste for fashion. xD [/ooc]

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2007 10:05 am
[Nice to see you made it into the guild just fine, thy. Nice introductory post. ~_^ I've seen it before somewheres... ]  

Edaniel
Captain

roseofLA

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2007 10:14 am
[ooc]Teehee, yes. It would be my roleplay sample with a bit tacked onto the end. xDDD I was too lazy to write another one all over again. [/ooc]  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 8:25 pm
Tomoyo strode through the muddy streets, ignoring the incessant calls of the vendors as they hawked their cheap wares. Instead, she turned into a narrow alleyway, ducking underneath a faded blue curtain to enter a dingy shop. Shelves made of chipped wood filled the meager space, each one cluttered with tawdry relics glinting slightly in the smoky air. An old man sat in the corner, fiddling with an abacus and lighting a stick on incense every once in a while, for all appearance unconcerned with the world outside his store. Behind him was a tattered door, which looked just as decrepit as the rest of the shop.

The thief headed straight for the door, despite the sputtered exclamations of the shopkeeper. With a firm push it slid to the side, opening into a courtyard. Another tug pulled it back into place, cutting off the outraged complaints. Turning back, Tomoyo inspected the site in front of her. The courtyard had been freshly swept, and no weeds grew from the packed earth. A covered walkway lined the yard, with alcoves at every corner. Though the stench of the city and the chatter of the crowds were still present, both had been muffled by thick walls. It was deceptively silent, with no trace of people. “I know you’re there,” Tomoyo said shortly, slinging her pack to the ground and unsheathing her sword.

Instantaneously, the courtyard was swarming with people, armed with every weapon imaginable. Tomoyo spun at the quiet snick of a blade, and rammed the pommel of her sword into the head of the offending attacker. With another twist of the wrist, she blocked the downwards slash of a sword and sidestepped the jab of a spear. The fighters began to bunch around her, forcing her to limit her range of motion. In response, with a show of pure strength Tomoyo swung her sword around her in a wide arc, tossing any blades in her way high into the air. She grabbed a spear that had fallen to the ground and took two quick running steps. Within an instant, she had vaulted onto the roof.

Five seconds was all it took for her to circle the perimeter, throwing off those who had leaped up to follow her. She slammed her foot down on the lacquered tiles, coming to a sudden stop. With another push she was airborn again, flying towards an alcove. With a midair flip she was on her feet the moment she landed, her sword leveled at the man who had been watching from the shadows.

“Very impressive,” he commented softly with a small smile, “I particularly liked the bit with the spear. But really, was it necessary to provoke my people so? If you had come quietly, it would not have affected my opinion of you in the least.”

Tomoyo lowered her sword, eyeing the man coolly. “I dislike being put at a disadvantage. I have a deal for you.”

Lirdianc

Ratherion
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 5:03 am
"The woman with silver hair is the bane of my existence. She is the only one I can see perfectly and I saw her open the day I awoke. I have a bad feeling whenever I think about this woman and I'm sure she is responsible for the deaths of the men. I saw her kill a man without reason. That man was only trying to get out of the forest. Something tells me that I need to at least speak with her and if my suspicions are right kill her for what she has done. An immortal has to have a way to die even if it means that they have to suffer for it." Haru said to her. "She has no right to take advantage of her abilities for pure destructive purposes." Haru said a bit annoyed. However... that note... it would contradict everything that I have believed in so far. It would only confirm that I was not from the city. But that book could be planted... I don't understand what I should believe in... it feels as if I just woke up from a bad dream. I cannot remember my past. How can I trust that I am doing the right thing? I feel as if I am but at the same time I doubt myself. Haru was still a bit off in his own world but the food was coming out and being placed upon the table. Haru picked up his cup of green tea and took a small sip. He was silent now he seemed almost a little different but yet nothing had changed at all.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 8:29 am
Taketo noticed that Saku had gestured at him and gave the same respect back. He slowly nodded his head back to her. He began to become a little jittery, but shrugged it off for the moment. His feeling of despair rolling off his shoulders, for once. He looked back toward the center of his training ground, relieving the tension off his shoulders. Taketo decided not to leave Saku in total silence and even take a break from his failed attempt at training.

"I see you love to fly...but isn't it natural to always want something you don't have?"

Taketo almost felt a little compelled to jolt into a serious conversation with Saku, since he never saw her that much. After all, they were always up to other things. It even felt better to finally have some company after that little 'attack' he had.

TaikuNiwa

700 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Member 100

Noir Empress

Beloved Prophet

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 4:56 pm
Saku was surprised when Taketo opted to have what could be the beginnings of a conversation. Something was different about the usually reserved immortal. She could see it as a darker hue melding with his usual aura. Something was troubling him, though she knew not what. However, she would not pry as it was not in her nature to do so. Instead, she would offer what services she could which at the moment were conversation. In one graceful motion she dropped from the trees and landed with barely a thud on the forest below. Her kimono splayed around her like wings before resettling around her. Her hair was wind tosseled and she had to toss it behind her shoulder so it would not hinder her vision. Still she looked oddly content, it was the most amount of emotion she had shown in a long time.

To his question, she was initiall surprised and at first knew not how to respond Did she love to fly? Could one love something they had never done. While her speed and agility allowed her a motion and sensation akin to flight but in truth it wasn't flying. She had niether wings nor means with which to keep her air born should she stop moving. But she would not complain, she was fortunate to do what she could. Another brief smile graced her features as a breeze rushed over her and she tilted her head to relish the feeling.

"That is true Taketo, but I do not believe fate is so cruel to have us yearn so dearly for something that is beyond our grasp." She paused to watch an eagle soaring over head. "I believe we can grasp that which we desire if we but wish and want enough."

There was something just shy of nonstalgic in her voice, as if she were speaking from some secret part of her soul. It was a tone completely different from her usual apathy.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 1:54 pm
Taketo instilled his gaze away from Saku and toward the open ground that lay before them. His 'secret' spot he usually where he usually fell into times of training as well as times of thought. It was now all given up and discovered by Saku. He slowly felt his heart begin pounding heavily just as it was during the mission. He slowly grasped at his shirt, continuing to gaze blankly. The words coming from Saku's words as well as her figure began to fade and become nothing but uttered silence and a sillhouette shadow. Though he kept his stature and his expression. He stood still and did not give way to this ill presence. A raspy voice came to him...

Why hide, Taketo...? You are nothing but a senseless tool of destruction.

Taketo shook his head and everything just disappeared: the voice, the feeling...It seemed to just roll off his shoulders and wash away, but he felt different and changed. He felt his entire being was in the essence of something else, yet...in his control. He continued to grasp his chest, his heart rate pounding at its normal rate. He finally was able to pick up the strength to respond to Saku.

"And what is it that you truly want aside from flying, Saku?"

Taketo's voice became strong with character and very smooth, very unlike him at all. He slowly drowned into wonder if this was really him speaking...or if it was the precense...Taketo shifted his gaze beyond the tree line to see something. A dark figure shifting amongst the trees then evaporating into the air after just a short walk.

What is going on with me...?

TaikuNiwa

700 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Member 100

Kevkas

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 9:18 am
(( totally claims Juromaru once more to make him disappear... besides my name is still by his character xd ))

Juromaru's eyes blazed with contempt at being ingnored by Saku.

After everything I've done to please her...

He closed his eyes and turned abck around towards the forest. Moments later Saku raced overhead, likely ensnared in some witless activity to forget the moment. He reached up with his right hand and rubbed his forehead.

If there was ANYTHING that he would never understand it would be women. He was at a loss when it came to trying to please them. At least these immortal ones, or maybe it was just the fact that they were thieves... He shook his head, releasing his ensnared mind from the tendrils of thought that were consuming his brain.

Who cared anyway? Yue now had the returned Haru, likely that someone else would eventually catch Saku's eye and bind her in his heart. Rolling his eyes Juromaru placed his left hand on the hilt of his sword, Kiba. As he walked forward he tapped his middle finger against the reformed metal. Each tap in time with his steps...

Tap, tap, tap, tap...

As he walked he found that Kiba was slowly pushing at the reaches of his mind.

tap, tap, tap, tap...

Kill them?! Are you mad?! Even if I were to accept what you're telling me I don't have the power to fight them all at the same time! And that's what the end would come down to I can promise you that!

tap, tap, tap, TAP!

Juromaru's finger was done absentmindedly tapping away, as well as his body had frozen in place. Under the rays of the sun that were filtering through the leaves around him he stood erect, tall, and ridgid.

You can't mean...

But Kiba ment what it had said, the elemental mountains. At the top of the four peaks was the one place on the earth where the elements were in their purest form. If he could gather the power from Efreet's Peak...

With not more than a wicked smile and a glance backwards at his old home, he set off at a dead run. The wind raced in his ears, his blood pounded in his head, but his mind was set, the malice seeping from Juromaru's now tainted aura was leaving behind a trail that anyone might follow, but...

Good Juromaru, that will throw them off long enough, if they follow you that is...

Kiba's now familiar voice was dancing in Juromaru's mind. As the sun faded behind the cliff face he was standing on he looked down at his masterpiece with glee.

Below him at the base of the cliff lay a village, almost two hundred people lived here at one time. Now all that was left of them was nothing but burning corpses, dying children, women screaming, the smoke from the black fires was billowing up the cliff side. A gust of wind blew past Juromaru and lifted the smoke against the setting sun. The sky looked like blood. In the dense forest beyond, he could only imagine the look on the faces of the other thieves as they saw this. He knew that Saku and Yue would know what had happened. Saku because she would be able to tell the magic within the destruction, Yue because her heart would tell her so.

"Saku, Yue, when I return, you'll be the first to know me. Just don't forget me..." with another smile he turned and raced across the plateau that the cliff ended.

Below his tainted aura could be felt everywhere. If anyone followed him, they'd have a hard time tracking him, and unless they got lucky, they'd follow any one of twelve more trails before reaching a dead end.

Immortal Thief Roleplay

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 86 87 88 89 90 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff