Welcome to Gaia! ::

Lyndria

Back to Guilds

This Guild is dedicated to hardcore fantasy and sci-fi Roleplayers alike! Enjoy! 

Tags: Roleplaying, RPing, Fantasy, Sci-fi, Literate 

Reply Archive
Lyndria RP Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

[Z_]
Vice Captain

Aged Noob

8,175 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2007 4:06 pm
Kraid nodded and faded away once more into the shadows before the queen had a chance to spot him.
Miles mounted the dragon and adjusted his weapon to a comfortable position. "I don't think they're going to Opalscent," Miles spoke to her. "Kraid said he was headed there, why wouldn't he just go with us if that was our destination?"  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2007 3:16 pm
((Faelan said she would add this one to the list, it's already been approved. Until the bio is posted, all you need to know is he's a paladin from the same monastery Marten came from, but that's the only connection between them.))

Matthias stood up from where he knelt, restoring the flesh of the guard captain's face. He motioned two squires nearby to carry the man off. "Take him to the monastery. Be careful, too much jarring could cause paralysis." He stood up, then, and returned to his post. He was acting as an envoy that day, from the Order of St Brutus, and would not move unless it was required.

As Witium mentioned the armor, though, anger stirred in his heart. He walked up til he was between Witium and the queen, dropping to one knee with a mailed glove over his heart. "My Liege, I beg you not to submit to this command. He has yet to prove his deeds, and for all we know he could have made deals with demons for his power. Let him stay in the commons, for now, until he can prove his worth and loyalty to the kingdom."  

Gredar

kroska
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2007 9:11 pm
Witium carrased the hilts on his blades with each finger tip. He could behead that dirty human in an instant. This man may jeopardize his acquiring of the equipment he needed. Although; the Queen seemed to have taken a liking to his power. Hopefully her personal goals would cloud her vision when looking at his. Quietly he slid his feet in a position where he could take out the human in front of him easier. With confidence he spoke allowed, "I mean no ill will toward anyone; i just want to make a deal." What a lie; he would purge the land of every human life if he lived long enough. All he needed where those items; the dragon rider armor especially.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2007 3:09 pm
The Queen tried to suppress her hungry expression as the young Elf gave his demands. She had him right where she wanted him. The price for Dragon Rider's armor was a drop in the ocean when compared to the gold which she would accumulate, should her plan succeed. She gave a smirk and opened her mouth to give her reply, but was interrupted by Matthias's pleas. The Queen shot the Paladin a murderous glare, quite annoyed at his attempt to impede the realization of her dreams. However, she quickly regained her austere stature as she spoke to him, acquiring a rather condescending undertone, "Matthias, how endearing it is for you to believe that I could misjudge this man. Certainly, you do not believe that I would make a deal with anyone whom I did not believe to be the most trustworthy and well suited for the position."
She looked to the Elf and smiled as he spoke on his behalf, nodding in agreement. "You see? You can put your anxious mind to rest," she spoke once more to the young Paladin. Before allowing him a chance to reply, Queen Angelleius looked again to the young warrior, "Indeed, you may have all that you have requested, so long as you fulfill all of the missions to which you are assigned. Should you fail to do thus, you shall have the entire Imperial army on your heels." Her features hardened at the mention of these consequences of inadequacy, hoping to ensure that they need not occur.

"Valentius," the Queen addressed an older statesman sitting in a dark corner of the throne room, silently ignoring these affairs for fear of losing his temper. As her call went unheeded, she sternly repeated herself, "Valentius..."
The gentleman reluctantly turned his head toward Her Highness and, through gritted teeth, replied, "Yes.. Majesty?"
"Ah, there you are," she said, somewhat caustically, "See to it that this man receives all that he has requested."

"Yes, ma'am. An' would ya like me ta lay down rose petals for 'im? 'E's just done so much for our community by gracin' us with 'is presence. I think 'e's earned 'imself at least three medals for 'is little tiff with the Guards, wouldn' ya say?" the statesman replied, more caustically.

At this, the Queen nearly lost her regal demeanor, her ivory skin slowly turning pink with suppressed fury. She breathed deeply before replying with flared nostrils and furrowed brow, "I shall not tolerate that acid tongue of yours.. You shall do as your told without any bilk!"

Valentius grinned, "Oh, Thena, you're embarrassin' me, treatin' me li'e this. Reminds me o' how you used ta sweet talk tha King. P'rhaps you should send 'im ta fetch these little presents. Or is that what 'e's gone to do now?"

That was it. The breaking point.. Many of the castle's inhabitants had wondered what had caused the King's sudden disappearance several months prior. Though he seemed to have fallen off of the face of the planet, the Queen's closest advisers would always explain that he was overseas, talking politics with foreign leaders. Still, they kept the affairs completely quiet. The people of Opalescent would not be allowed entrance to the castle without the most dire of reasons, and when they were, they were always given the same explanation concerning the King's absence. Opalescent had grown accustomed to the Queen holding most of the power, so he was not horribly missed. However, nearly all of the servants in the castle had begun to wonder if the Queen, herself, was responsible for her husband's disappearance... She was well aware of these rumors, and as they were mentioned before her, it was almost as if she had been publicly accused. The Queen was on the edge of her throne as she quietly debated how she should respond. The other servants, who had silently witnessed the the dispute, decided it best to surreptitiously disperse at this point. Valentius, however, did not back down. After all, he had no reason to be frightened. He was of the highest possible rank, and Queen had need of his counsel and experience in warfare. Not to mention the fact that she had grown quite fond of him over the years.

Queen Angelleius considered all of these factors as she quietly regained her original position in her throne. After several deep breaths and resentful glares directed toward her favorite adviser, she calmly gave her reply, "Please, show our new Freelance to his room, Valentius.."

The gruff statesman stood up from his chair and crossed in front of the throne, making sure not to lock eyes with anyone as he did so. He gave no gesture for the Elf to follow him, but merely implied that he should do so by passing in front of him.

Yousei noticed the feathered man address the ruthless warrior as though they were companions, and looked quizzically up at him as he laid his cloak over her and amiably reached for her hand. She slowly lifted her arm to grasp it, her body strongly protesting against this action. Immediately after rising to her feet, her knees buckled and met the cold earth once more. As she made her second attempt to stand, she tried to make sense of her immense fatigue. She was well aware of the fact that she had been dreaming, but how did she manage to appear in this place with these two violent, yet amicable strangers..? A war, perhaps...? Whatever the reason, she did not like it.. In fact, as Yousei contemplated this occurrence to herself, she realized that she was quite unaware of her own identity. Try as she might, she could not place a name, nor any history.. Again, she turned to the man supporting her.. Perhaps, he would know...

"Ex.. Excuse me, sir.. H-How do I.. know you..?" she inquired, shivering. Her features tingled with numbness as she spoke.

Karasu unfolded her great wings as both passengers were securely seated. She then swiftly leapt into the air, aiming for the heavens above. The ivory dragon would attempt to gain altitude until the air was barely thick enough to sustain them, and to gain speed until her passengers could hardly hold their place on her back. At this rate, they would be in Opalescent in a matter of hours.
In response to Miles's inquiry, the dragon simply replied, ~I do not know, and I do not care to know..~ After a short pause, she then inquired of him, ~If you truly do not believe them to be in Opalescent, where exactly do you imagine they are?~

[Faelan]
Captain

850 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

Masamune 5.0

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2007 3:23 pm
Mirado's black hair was whipped into his face by the wind. Using his left hand he brushed it aside and allowed it to be blown backwards. His eyes finally opened, only to widen furthur at the sight before him. They were miles above the earth and flying at an incredible speed. Everything below was blurred and far-off, almost dream-like. He had never been this high up, even at the snowy mountains.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2007 3:53 pm
Miles shook his head, unsure of the answer. "All I was told was the nearest village," He called over the sound of the wind. "I wish I knew". He pulled his cloak around himself, shivering. The experience of flying was nothing new to him, but the cold was so much unlike the desert climate he had been torn from so suddenly. He frowned once again, thinking about the home he'd left behind.

Kraid watched Valentius pass and looked to Witium. "Will you follow him?" The phantom asked, Visible to none but the elf as he stepped forward.  

[Z_]
Vice Captain

Aged Noob

8,175 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Invisibility 100

kroska
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2007 4:18 pm
Witium smiled at the queen as both their plans began to unfold. A small grin lay on his face as he turned to follow the adviser. He would kill him off soon enough too. Kraid's voice rang in his ears and he looked over slightly to see the black figure moving with him. He gave a sharp grin, but stayed silent as he followed. At least he would have an audience to his wake of destruction.

He spoke softly to the adviser, "Not much for strangers these days?" The grin was still on his face the whole time. Finally he would have all that he required.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2007 4:54 pm
The smooth stone walls echoed with the sound of the heavy, oaken door shutting tightly behind them. Their footsteps were muffled by the long, scarlet carpet upon which they tread. As Valentius heard the Elf speak behind him, he gritted his teeth once more and paused for a moment before aversely giving his reply, "Nah, I love 'em. They usually don' talk ta me."
He was hoping that this statement would get the message across: he wanted nothing to do with this man.

After ascending the steps of the nearest stairwell, they continued down a seemingly perpetual halloway for some time until finally coming to a halt before a well-polished, oak door. Valentius opened the door and gestured for the young warrior to enter. "There ya go," he said harshly. "I guess I'll go an' fetch yer armor for ya. Stay here an' don' screw with anythin'." And with that, he marched irately down the hall toward the castle Armory.

[Faelan]
Captain

850 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

kroska
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2007 5:06 pm
Witium stepped into the rather cold room. It had a nice enough bed and dresser; though it had a feeling of sorrow about it. He turned around to face the closed door and closed his eyes. Both hands loosly gripped each hilt, "What a perfect time to kill me..." The elf kept his eyes shut in meditation as he waited for his armor. The dirty humans would give him the rope to hang them with. It was so ironic. He couldn't but smile as he thought. The queen thinks she's getting something out of me; hmf, she'll get to see her worthless kingdom fall and then the sharp steel of my sword. If Kraid were to talk to him again he'd smile to the deathless man, but not say a word.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2007 5:16 pm
Mirado was shook from his trance-like state by Miles's voice. He began to pay attention again. "Hm... If they're not at Opalescent we can just move out from there and check the surrounding villages. Other than that I wouldn't know where else to check. It's not like they left us any clues."  

Masamune 5.0

Gredar

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2007 9:20 pm
Matthias sat silently as the queen ignored his advice, more puzzled than angry. Truly he hadn't expected her to listen to him completely, as he was a paladin and more adept at battle than matters of state, but he had expected her to at the very least only meet the man halfway. Perhaps a new suit of armor and lodging, not expensive armor and a good room to stay in.

As the day closed he returned to his own room to take council with the order. He stepped up to a small mirror, placing his hand on it and speaking "Matthias, Paladin of the Order of Saint Brutus requests council with Augustus." The mirror silently shimmered into a window, through which an elderly man now spoke. "What is it, my son?" he asked, taking off his ceremonial headpiece. "The Queen puzzles me, your eminence." He relayed the story of the strange newcomer and the queen's apparent disregard for his uncouth manner and violent tendencies. The monk stroked his beard in thought. "This is odd" he said, finally. "In the days of her father a man like that would have been, at the very least, ignored until he showed proper courtesy. I have long believed something ill is growing inside the kingdom, though I know not what. Keep an eye on the Queen, as well as the newcomer - they may provide vital information for our next actions." Matthias nodded and removed his hand from the mirrors edge, ending the spell.

Marten looked into Yousei's eyes, trying to find a spark of recognition. "My name is Marten." He paused to brush a few feathers off his shoulder, which, he realized, had detached themselves from his wings. The impact must have damaged the frame's magic holding them in. "I was your companion in several adventures, until... I think we should cover this later, when you've had time to rest." He picked her up and began to carry her towards the brigands fire, now deserted while the men struggled with the blind warrior and violent tree. "Suffice to say, you've been injured, and we got a little lost trying to take you to a full hospital for treatment."  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2007 1:37 pm
With a curt nod in Marten's direction, Hile turned his attention back to the four men who remained standing. The bowman, his weapon now nothing more than a stick, was the nearest target. Advancing quickly, he sent the awestruck man spinning to the ground with a swing of his heavy blade. The three remaining men were several yards in front of him, two of which were still struggling with the tree. The third had already freed himself, and seeing another one of his comrades fall to the Haruchai, began frantically hacking away at the braches of the tree in an attempt to free the two men. By the time he had done so, Hile had advanced nearly within striking distance. He stood his ground, planting his feet firmly in the snow as the three attempted to flank him. The first man lunged before being struck down by, followed shortly afterward by the second, who met the same fate. The third, obviously the most experienced, managed to parry Hile's first strike, rolling gracefully under the large blade. Before he could recover, however, the Haruchai's fist connected with the man's chest, knocking him out cold.

GreyZone

[Faelan]
Captain

850 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 2:42 pm
The statesman muttered curses to himself as he swiftly descended the steps of the stairwell. Each servant that passed him in the hallway was made anxious by his presence. He was well accustomed to this treatment, and greatly preferred it to their usual chatter. As he came to the Armory door, he did not pause to open it normally, but rather bashed it in as he continued to whisper curses under his breath. The metalworkers all flinched and turned to watch him grab the nearest set of Dragonmail and exit just as swiftly. They then exchanged nervous glances before returning their attention to their work.

Gaining speed, the disgruntled statesman slung the heavy armor over his broad shoulders and once again, ascended the marble steps of the nearest stairwell. In his fury and haste, he had left behind the broadswords which had been requisitioned. He soon realized this and nearly impaled the young servant making her way hastily past, as he cursed aloud.
He then hurled the armor down the hall with all of his might, and it noisily protested. The entire hall echoed with its lamentation and every servant stopped what they were doing to find the nearest unlocked room.

Valentius paid them no mind as he stormed back down the stairs to the Armory and once again burst through the wooden door, which quite nearly detached from its hinges. The smiths and craftsmen once again paused to marvel anxiously at the harrowing statesperson. However, they could barely catch a glimpse of him, as he quickly left the room with the same thunderous bang, three massive broadswords glinting beneath his right arm.

Just as a thunderstorm overshadows the earth before unleashing its fury and destruction, so did Valentius seem to bring a foreboding darkness to the hallway as he came upon it from the stairwell yet again. The swords clanged loudly as he charged angrily down the narrow passage once more. The Dragonmail was sitting idly just outside the polished oak door as he had thrown it with such force just moments prior. He reluctantly hoisted it onto his back and kicked through the elegant door before carelessly tossing the armor and swords to the feet of the Elf.
"There. 'Sall that ya asked fer. If ya need anythin' else, I'll cut yer throat so's ya can't whine ta me. Got that?" Valentius grunted, pausing for emphasis to await the Elf's reaction to his ultimatum.

Yousei looked curiously at the man supporting her as he said his name. Her eyes grew distant as she lost herself in bleary contemplation. It was so familiar.. As he mentioned their being companions on adventures, these words drove her deeper into a hazy, pensive state. Her thoughts were interrupted by the sound of metal cutting flesh and she cringed, quickly turning away from the scene. "Rest..?" she inquired after hearing the man suggest this. "But, I've been asleep.." she replied meekly. That was truly all that she knew about herself at this point. Her words were drowned by the sound of pained wails and she cringed once more. Before she could inquire as to why this carnage was taking place, she was lifted off of her feet by the man. The words "injured" and "hospital" were all that she managed to hear, but that was all of the information that she needed to put the pieces together. She heaved a weak sigh and shut her eyes as she felt herself slowly drifting off once again…

Karasu sighed wearily as Miles relayed this information to her. She turned her eyes to the thick forest canopies below, and her heart sank all the more. Again, her master had been taken from her. This time, the devious Woode was her captor. Very rarely had anyone lost to the Black Woode been able to survive. Its conniving tricks and wicked humor had always left even the most revered of Illusionists in a stupor. Karasu knew of the forest's cunning all too well. If it willed someone to be lost to it, then not even the most potent of magics could ever pry them from its greedy branches.
~Accursed thing...~ Karasu muttered angrily to herself as she glared down at the swiftly darkening foliage. In an instant, they were in a steep dive. Karasu charged toward the brambles below, as though she and the Woode were in a joust. She slowly folded her wings and tucked in her legs to gain speed.
Just as they were going to collide with the thick canopy below, Karasu extended her wings, bringing them once more to a horizontal glide. In that instant, they began flying just inches above the topmost layer of branches, The dragon's steely-blue optics intricately scanning the forest floor below for any trace of her beloved master.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 3:44 pm
Marten felt Yousei go limp once again as he reached the fire. It wasn't until he set her down that he realized how light she was. Even with full kit and armor he had lifted her with ease. He rolled her into his cloak and set her close to the fire before searching through the brigands things. There were pelts enough to keep them warm, of animals he wasn't familiar with, and food to last for several weeks. There was no water to be had, but in the snowy mountains water was literally everywhere. After wrapping Yousei in several furs, he set to work. First, he dumped out the soupy coffee or tea, he wasn't sure which, from the cauldron and briefly summoned some bacteria and fungi to clean it out. That done, he filled it with snow again and replaced it over the fire. In the absence of a full chemical lab, he could make do with herbal remedies for Yousei's memory. It would be enough to save some portions, at least, of her past.  

Gredar

kroska
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 5:06 pm
Witium Grinned as he the statesmen kicked open the door. He shook his head slightly as the man spoke with gritted teeth, "I'm not going to be your problem again so have some peace in that." The elf immediately took off his ruined armor and began putting on the dragon armor. After tightening down the leather straps and bolts he took hold of the new swords. They were perfectly black and a about the same weight as his own swords. Each sword was made of adamantium; a metal harder then any other. The sound of a metal scrap could be heard as he sheathed his new swords and flipped down his helm visor. This would be the image the humans would fear for generations. Metal clangs echoed throughout the halls as he made his way to the throne room once again. This time he knelt down to the queen, "What are your orders?" Everything in his plan was almost done; all he needed now was to reacquaint himself with a very old friend.  
Archive

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff