Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply Sculpted - art + craft guild
Introduce Yourself! Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... 30 31 32 33 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

mammalfeathers

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 4:47 am
Greetings, folks! I'm an ancient *thinks, does a little math* 27 and currently live in the only US state that starts with P... in the dead center of it. I didn't really sculpt anything out of academia until a few months ago, when I had an art show(ing) at a little coffee shop.

In college I would have NEVER thought of showing my 'character/cartoon/goofy' work... so the idea of crossing what I'd learned in my fine art education over to my 'cartoon' work never occurred to me. I am, as a note, rather dense.

Still, when I did, I was rather happy with the outcome and have been sculpting little figures on and off since. (My personal favorites so far: http://www.mammalfeathers.com/fragments/Goats.jpg )

I'm currently working on two more and a website overhaul, but am sure to pop in to pester whenever I'm not working/cleaning or reading... as my life is almost as dull as my work wink Take care and thanks!

http://www.mammalfeathers.com/  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 5:26 am
Hi,

I´m Ylith (my real name is Teresa) and I live in Cologne, Germany and I study biology. My age is 24 4laugh .
I´ve been drawing and making things ever since I can think. My parents gave me paper-mache first, I think...Then I soon turned to FIMO.
When I´m crafting, I mostly use FIMO. But I made other things (like books out of leather), too. As I am a role player (mostly Larp, DSA) I often make things for my charackters.
Some of my works are visible here: Deviantart gallery .
...I have to photograph some of my other works...  

Ylith

Dangerful Muffin

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 6:17 am
Hi! I'm Kacie, I'm 17 And I live in the US. I don't really sculpt, but I like to sew clothes and I've been sewing doll clothes since I was really little.

I'm going to try and start making plushies soon and I have inherited a large amount of jewelry making things so I suppose I should get into that as well whee

Right now I'm working on a prom dress for a friend and when that's done I'll post a link but it isn't finished right now..

I guess my main weakness is that I tend to rush D=

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 7:15 am
hey I'm Affinitas, i'm 22 and i live in Canada, bound for the US. I sculpted little animals with playdoh....and then grew to scuplty clay, i never really took pics of 'em but when i make more i'll surely post 'em here and i love to sow as well, plushies are my calling  

Palluchette

10,400 Points
  • Tipsy 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Peoplewatcher 100

Cachexic

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 7:41 am
Hullo :]

My official name would be Candice, and I'm pretty much classified as an art freak.. My favorite class is art regardless of the teacher and people in it. (Yep.. still in high school.)
I've been crafty forever. One of my favorite memories was mixing every cereal in the cabinet together without my mom's permission. "It's a new type of cereal!" "..Uh huh."
My favorite media is clay... up until I have to glaze it. It just goes downhill from there in quality. Precision with a paintbrush is a skill I still need to learn.
I mess around with crocheting from time to time and I've made a few things I like. I have no pictures nor camera so... blah.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 7:53 am
User Image
Thought I'd put a face to the name :p

Hey! My name is Kate, I'm 16 and I live in the UK, round about Liverpool. I'm currently doing GCSE technology, in which I have managed to make a model of the frount of my school out of plaster.
It started off as Hard Wax, and after carving into the wax with some aquired Dentist tools, I have managed to end up with this:

User Image

I've been interested in sculpture and craft for a few years now, but unfortunatly my school decided that four people where not enoug hto run our GCSE 3D studies corse, so I'm stuck with Fine Art...

My Dad really got me interested with the models he was making in the style of Lilliput Lane, and I've adopted the same style with my work.
The only problem's I have are with proportion, mainly because my vision is a bit messed up, with one eye being long sighted, and the other short sighted!

I'm hoping to make a thread about how to make projects such as mine later on inthe thread, but for now I must do my tech corsework!

Ame Amin

9,850 Points
  • Noob wrangler 100
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Informer 100

Nichevin

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 8:15 am
I'm 17, I live in Texas and my dad could be an artist if he wanted to be so I grew up with him painting and making odd little things and drawing constantly and I've got some of his talent. But unlike him, I've never taken an art class that wasn't in elementary because it seems like too much of a hassle and I have yet to figure out realistic art technique but I doodle CONSTANTLY. Seriously, all over my math and history notes, and I make pictures of my girlfriend and me all the time. I want to learn to do things besides draw, I was needlepointing when I was like eleven, but that got boring (probably because I was eleven). Basically, I want to make cute and/or practical things!  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 9:07 am
Hello! My name is Quinlynn, but Quin works as well. 3nodding
I am 23 years old and live in the northern part of California. My residence consists of a loving BF (going on 3 years, w00t!), and our adorable 'puppy' Murphy who is a German Shepherd Mix; who weighs only a total of 40lbs.. she is itty bitty!
Let's see. I have always been interested in crafty projects since Elementary school. My favorite time in Art class was when we worked in clay or painted.
About two and a half years ago (?) Hmm.. something like that, I got involved in fimo and sculpey clay.
I really got started in clay because of jewelry honestly. I want certain sort of pendants, and cosplay items, and so picking up the clay it just lead from one thing to the next, and now I make chibis.

Strength wise, probably attention to detail. I like to get as accurate as I can. It is also fun looking at a character design and figuring out how to break it down into basic simple shapes.
Weakness would probably be my want to make figurines that are a bit more like the kind you actually buy buy from stores. I am still testing the whole separate baking thing to prevent them from being too heavy in baking and falling over.

as for work, my deviantart has some http://thejes.deviantart.com
Updating isn't always my best thing.. though I've got like.. 15 more chibis to put on there. eh heh ^^;  

Quinlynn

wolf of nervana

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 9:24 am
HI EVERYBODY. my name is Neal, feel free to call me that or you can call me by my avis name. dont be afraid to look at my profile to check out the about me section. biggrin

Im in wood shop at my school, fallbrook high, and ive sculpted some ceramics befor (a dragon, and a skull goblet) i think the art of sculpting is great! biggrin  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 9:38 am
Hello, my name is Marina but you guys can call me Comi', Chaos, CC, or any variation of my handle that you can come up with.

I am 17 years old (18 in August!) and I'm a senior in high school. My favorite colors are green and purple and I play Alto and Tenor saxophone; Tenor in my school's Marching and Symphonic bands.

I live in NoCal, Bay Area, but I've traveled a lot in my short lifetime. I've visited 5 other countries and 11 states. I was born at Camp Pendleton military base and I've lived in San Diego, CA; Chicago, IL, Orsay, France, and now I'm back in sweet ol' Cali.

We have two female Beagles and one female calico pain-in-the-arse cat. When I move out, however, I'm going to get a large breed mutt from an animal shelter. There are simply too many unwanted and uncared for animals in this world for me to go out to a petstore and buy a puppyfarm purebred.

I have a fierce, FIERCE passion for the arts and in fact plan on becomming a high school art teacher. I am mostly familiar with 2-dimentional works, mostly drawing both with traditional media and digital, but I've done a bit of painting and pastel work.

The extent of my 3-dimentional expertise is as follows: a clay piggybank I made in 8th grade, a paper mache sculpture of a dog I made this year, and various messings with bits of clay left over from school projects.

So, as you can see I am very limited in experience and knowledge of 3-D art, but I am thirsty to learn and I not only want to, but need to learn the ins and outs of this subject if I am to be a good teacher.

Recently I've been particularly interested in working with felt or fabric to make stuffed animals and also perhaps costume pieces. I haven't yet gone to the store to pick up needed supplies but when I will, I shall certainly consult threads of that nature for help.

So, that is pretty much me. Here's my My DeviantArt Gallery however, it only has 2-dimentional works at this time. Hopefully soon I'll add 3-D work that I can also post on here. :3

ComicalChaos

NNYAnime

650 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Cart Raider 100
  • Beta Citizen 0
PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 10:04 am
I am NNYAnime, I go by that name on just about every site I am currently on and will ever go too.
I am 22; residing in Alberta, Canada currently but my hometown is in Boston, Mass.

I've loved to make things since as far back as I can remember and I love to put things together. I think my Father having to always fashion things to fix stuff around the house is what got me started.

I consider myself a sort of "jack of all trades" with some skills in different crafts but my weakness would be that I am a master of none.

I have no links to my work currently but I hope to post some here in this club.  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 10:19 am
* basic details like your age and country
* how long you've been into sculpture and craft
* what got you started in it
* what you consider your specialties/weaknesses
* links to your work

* Well, for starters my name is Amanda, i'm a recent 18 year old. I live in Illinois, in the United states (Whoo hoo? >.>)
* I've only been doing ceramic work for about a year, so i'm by no means near awesome level, but i'm pretty darn good-ish. xD
* I was recommended into ceramics my junior year but my art teacher, and loved it ever since. I love working hands on with things. :3
* Well, I HATE the wheel. HATE it. >.>'' So I consider that a weakness. I really rather do things on my own
My Specialties is Earthenware clay. I used stoneware last year, but we found that earthenware is a BIT more porous when you go to fire it, so if you have some air, it may or may not blow as easily as when you fire with stoneware. O:
I like making animal-based sculptures or creations. Cause I just plain and simply love animals. However right now i'm working on a Sculpty Sculpture of my Gaia avatar. :3
* http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b117/DarkDragonAngel2/S7003229.jpg

*MORE TO COME, WATCH THIS POST FOR EDITS*  

Mand3r

Cluttered Animal

Wicked Ruu

Distinct Nerd

6,800 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • The Edgiest 250
PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 10:55 am
Hello there, I'm Wicked Ruu. I really enjoy arts and crafts, but up until now I've really only enjoyed looking at other's works. However I think I've gained enough confidence to try and make my own now. ^^ I'm trying to sign up for a crocheting class right now; if there's any other crafts that you think are fun, feel free to give me suggestions.
As for what I actually do, I've been sewing for about a year and I'm a novice cosplayer but I'm hoping to improve. Also, even though it's not a tangible craft, I am apart of a voice acting agency/class here in Washington.
It's nice to meet everyone!  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 11:09 am
Good day all!

I'm not much of a public speaker (reason why I got into art....lol), so I'll just follow the Intro format in post 1.

* My name is Jason, I am 30 and currently live in Monroeville, Pennslyvania
* I'm actually a 3-D Animator / Digital Artist and have always liked getting my hands dirty in some type of sculpting, either clay/foam/action figures/wood.....whatever!
* Just always liked making things when I was young
* Strengths: Sculpting small clay figures / customizing action figures
* Weaknesses: Human Anatomy (can do it, just always have a hard time with it) and I critique my own work VERY harshly.......it's a bad habit but very hard to quit
* Most of my work can be found here: My Deviant Art Gallery

Thanks for your time, comments and question about my work is always welcome!  

jcastick

Generous Shapeshifter

9,200 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Partygoer 500

I2eally

Beloved Fatcat

6,700 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 11:48 am
hello! :3
well, my name's Kelsey, but you can call me Tracy or Koko-Chan if it's easier to remember. maybe even T-Chan. x3
well, i'm currently fourteen and i live in quebec, canada. so yes, i do know french and no, i don't live in an igloo.
i recently got into crafting when i saw someone who had put cute images on a shirt. i thought it was the cutest thing in the world. and so, i got materials and started making a shirt of my own!
i'm pretty good at sewing felt to stuff. sewing isn't really my thing, but i could do it if i really wanted to.
my sister actually took my camera, but i'll tell you about one thing i completed yesterday. it's a little underwear pin. yep. it's a pin shaped like little panties. xD
i got the idea from someone on deviantart i saw. it was the cutest thing i had ever seen. <3
i'll let you all see it when i get my camera back.

Sculpted - art + craft guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... 30 31 32 33 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff