Welcome to Gaia! ::

Readers' and Writers' Guild

Back to Guilds

A place for anyone who enjoys a good book 

Tags: reading, writing, books, roleplay, discussion 

Reply Readers' and Writers' Guild
Welcome! (PLEASE READ THIS FIRST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Angel_Child_Of_Grace

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 3:07 pm
Hi, my name is [classified info] but you can call me Zeta. 3nodding I am a reader and a writer and occasionaly an artist. My favorite book is "The Thirteenth Tale" and my favorite video game is .hack// series. I am described as an animal lover and my spelling isn't worth dirt when I try big words, though I try. I am currently searching for a guild (hopefully, this will be it) that has alot of active members and writers that don't try to trash other people's work just to make theirs look better. My favorite animal is a wolf, my favorite color is purple and blue, and I am a sci-fi and fantasy reader. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 8:05 pm
Hello all!
My name is Phriya, I am 23, I live in Allendale, MI - it is cold here!!
I am an aspiring writer, I have four pieces in the works with only one I'm actively working on. I am a procrastinator though...
I don't read as much as I'd like to and would LOVE recommendations besides the overly popular Harry Potter and Twilight series' (plus I read all those already).
I am engaged and getting married this August, I work at GameStop working toward a management position and I love my job!! My favorite video games are Kingdom Hearts 1 and 2 and Lost Odyssey.
I can't wait to move back into the city... closer to... everything! ^^
Thanks!!

User Image

Phriya

PixsiDust2

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 7:54 pm
Hey everybody!!! My name's Pixsi! I'm 17 and I love to write. I'm currently in the middle of writing a novel and a book of poetry. I actualy found the guild becouse my best freind 5thMarauder is always talking about it. My favorite books are Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban and New Moon. I also love all of the book in both of those series. When I'm not reading, writing or going to school i like to cook and ride horses.

mrgreen Pixsi mrgreen

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 1:22 pm
Hello everyone! Nice to meet you. biggrin and thanks for the invite  

Rogue_Silence13

5,050 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Hygienic 200
  • Tycoon 200

Mz McKenzie

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 2:25 pm
hallos (:  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 11:28 am
Hello! ^_^

My Name ist Polarlicht (if it isn't obvious: that's German and it means polar lights or aurora) and I'm from Germany. That's why I hope you will understand that I will make some minor and major mistakes for sure. But I'll try my best.

I do love books and from time to time I have the strong desire to write something as well, but it really depends on my current mood.
In my opinion, the English language is just beautiful. ^^ And even if I'm not yet that keen on writing or talking it, I often read English books (they are generally better written than the translated German versions) - and I get what they are about. XD Hm, and Gaia is a great help to improve my skills.

My favourite genre is fantasy (Bartimaeus Trilogy, Farseer Trilogy,... what else?), but I fell in love with authors like Mark Twain and Oscar Wilde, too. So there are a lot of things I like.

I hope we'll have a good time here. =)

*Polarlicht*

Polarlicht Meme

unknown_zoso05

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 3:18 pm
Hi! My name is Anna Celia. As everyone else here, I love to write. I'm a part time college student who's majoring in creative writing and journalism.
I adore the decadent movement so my favorite writers are Charles Baudeliare and Oscar Wilde.
Aside from writing, I love rock music! All of my spare time is devoted to going to concerts and trying to meet the bands. *^-^*
What else?? I'm a bohemian!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 6:59 am
Hello! smile I'm Ro-zu, 19, avid writer, have a list of interests below although relevant are my favourite books which are, 'Chinese Cinderella' by Adeline Yen Mah, The Riftwar Saga by Raymond E. Feist, actually - I'dd be here all day if I named my favourite, so I'll stick with those two!

Thunderstorms, Classical Music, Bear Gryllis, Top Gear, mexican food, rainbows, manga, philosophy, Audi TT, vintage, Raymond E. Feist, polka dots, animal crossing, green, stars, irish dongs, channel 4, Hayao Miyazaki, walking in the rain, stir-fry, 'Chinese Cinderella' by Adeline Yen Mah, Taoism, World of Warcraft, Fairytales, Disney, Winter, daydreaming, Hot Chocolate, F1 Beer, Squash, Japan, cats, pillows, English Language, Harvest Moon, A yellow VW Beetle, teddy bears, art deco, Einaudi, centre parcs, sitting in the shower to think, ginger beer, rock music, Heroes, 10th kingdom, nature, rain, futurama, lightning, fantasy films, astronomy, stardust, earthsea, fifth element, Neil Gaiman, Tank Girl, Shakespeare, deviantart.com, P.S. I Love You, Jane Austen, Headtrip webcomics, Period dramas, Hokkaido Highway Blues, Mulan, The Tao of Pooh, writing, Hairspray, Azumanga Dioh, Butterflys, Fruits Basket, martial arts films, Final Fantasy, world cinema, Christmas, Sex, Anime, going on Adventures, the Sims, Japanese, Theatre Studies, theme hospital, Jack Vettriano, Cream Soda.  

Kookei

6,200 Points
  • Overstocked 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Invisibility 100

Shinokamen

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 4:19 pm
Hello to everyone!

You can call me Kunshu or Shinokamen. I am 18 and live in Colorado.

I enjoy reading and writing, although I usually stick to the drier kinds of each. (Essays, philosophical works, and the like.) Hopefully my writing won't bore you.

The best book I have ever read was Atlas Shrugged by Ayn Rand. I read it at the end of my Freshman year and it opened up a new world of understanding for me. I agree with most of her philosophy.

I listen to Free Talk Live, and enjoy argument.

My other interests include computer technology and creative programs (Dreamweaver, Photoshop, Publisher, etc.).

I hope to make friends and improve my writing in this guild.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 10:48 am
Hello person that is reading this! My name is Julia and I'm 17 year's old. I love to read and unlike everyone so far in this guild, I'm not that huge of a writer. Although I do have this idea for a short story, so I'm thinking of writing it, so that's exciting.

My favorite book right now at this moment is City of Ashes by Cassandra Clare mostly because I just finished it in the past week and I adored it.

And I don't know what else to write. =]

theorie de chaos

Pamplemousse Grenouille

Unbeatable Gawker

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 5:02 pm
Heya people of the Writer's guild! All's good?
Excellent.
My name's Alex, but you're welcome to call me by whatever you can pull from my username. Bonus points and a cookie for whoever knows what the username means. I'm 17 years old, going on 18 in March.
As you'd expect, I'm a reading and a writer. My own problem, my major hang up, is that I have commitment problems when it comeswriting. I've got...four ro five different stories floating around my note book that I have yet to finish.
Right now, I don't have an absolute "Mary mother of Jesus, this book is amazing!' favorite book. However, I'd say the Dresden Files by Jim Butcher is at the top of my list. A nice noir dective novel, with a heaping spoonful of gritty fantasy? Awesome.
So yeah, that's it. Yay?
Yay.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 5:13 pm
Oooh, bonus points and a cookie for me! I'm in French III, so OF COURSE I know what it means! Those are two of my favorite French words!  

penandpaper67
Captain

Pamplemousse Grenouille

Unbeatable Gawker

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 5:27 pm
Excellent!
-hands over the cookie and points-
While adversly, they're the only two word in french I know that aren't bonjour and au revoir.
It's an ungodly language!
><  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 6:03 pm
I know, but I love it all the same! All of the words are either really cool, the same as English words with an extra e, or really really pointless because of all of the letters that you don't pronounce.  

penandpaper67
Captain

Pamplemousse Grenouille

Unbeatable Gawker

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 11:34 am
I hated having to make a rolling R sound. Every time I tried, I ended up sound like a Scotsman and it made me feel foolish because the Scots don't speak French.
D:  
Readers' and Writers' Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces