Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Atheists United

Back to Guilds

A safe and friendly place for Atheists to be themselves. 

Tags: Atheism, Theology, Philosophy, Science, Logic 

Reply The Main Discussion Place
G.A.U. 2008 Raffle! *OVAH!* Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 7 8 9 10 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Dronning Dagmar

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2008 11:14 pm
Well, they call it "morning sickness" but for me it's more like all-day sickness. Actually it gets worse at night. I saw someone theorize that it's called morning sickness because husbands saw their wives feel bad in the morning, then they went to work all day and didn't see that it didn't get better. xd

(4th post)  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 1:54 pm

The MoUsY spell-checker
Intelligent design... more like unintelligent design, huh?

Come to think of it, there is a book called Unintelligent Design. Have you read it? (When I saw the book in a shop, the author's name got my attention. xd It was written by one of the ABC Radio National hosts.)

No, actually. I haven't. might look it up ^_^

And morning sickness? You're pregnant? Awesome =D

A close friend of mine is scheduled for a c-section tomorrow, her baby is breached. Poor girl is so disappointed. >.<  

Redem

Dathu

Newbie Noob

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 3:44 pm
I think I was See-section. I think. question  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 8:14 pm

My mum told me that I was born a month earlier than expected.

So, it's now the 5th of February. Let's see... Redem is closest to 20 posts at 19 so far, followed by me at 14, and then sugarwing at 10.  

The MoUsY spell-checker

Dathu

Newbie Noob

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 8:17 pm
Yeah, I'm gonna let it run all day tomorrow, so I won't be ending it until midnight my time. This should give you last minute people some time to gather and post like crazy. xd  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 8:35 pm

I had to do my assignment in the past few days. I handed it in today. I also had a quiz on the same subject today. Now I can relax... and post like crazy. xd  

The MoUsY spell-checker

Dronning Dagmar

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 10:48 pm
Yes, yes! Everyone post like crazy! I need to catch up!

I should add some pregnancy ticker to my sig or something. I'll be really bummed if I have to get a C-section. I'm really glad I'm not giving birth in the US. My chances go down a lot just for that. But it could still happen. sad

I was induced a week early for financial reasons. My dad was leaving the armed forces, and it's waaaaay cheaper to be born on base. xd

Hope you did OK on your quiz, Mousy!

(5th post)  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 11:30 pm

The lecturer was actually pretty easy-going on the quiz. At the end, he asked if anyone needed more time, and he actually gave us the time. I used that extra time to double-check my answers, and luckily I did, because I did find something wrong in there.

One of the questions was actually exactly the same as one in the sample quiz. xd At least that's a question that I'll definitely have got right.  

The MoUsY spell-checker

Dronning Dagmar

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 2:35 am
Ahahaha yeah I've had that happen too. "Hey, that question looks familiar!"

I had a class where the prof always underestimated how long it would take for people to finish test, but never gave us more time. I'm a very fast test-taker, and I would usually finish just in time. Out of a class of around 50, only 3 or 4 would finish. Then he'd claim to make it fair by curving it, but that doesn't really work because of the 3 or 4 of us that actually finished. I felt really horrible because a friend of mine was helping me study, and he was a huge help in getting me to understand the material, but he never finished the tests and I ended up with a better grade. sweatdrop I know he knew the material better than I did.

(6th post)  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 4:27 am

What's more, we went over the sample quiz in the hour before the quiz. xd (This is summer school. We have two hours of lectures in a day.)

When I was in year 10 or so, I used to be the one who explained things to my friends. In year 10, science was a compulsory subject. The classes were divided into sets according to ability, and since the topics were self-contained, each class did them in a different order. My friends would ask me for help with a topic that I haven't done, and I still helped them. xd

In the class that I currently take, the assignment was due today, and during the lecture break, a classmate whose name I didn't know actually asked me how I did one of the questions. xd Looks like that I have people thinking I know what I'm doing. (I always sat in the front row and answered just about every question, so maybe that's why.)  

The MoUsY spell-checker

Dronning Dagmar

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 4:49 am
I used to help people debug their programs, in programming languages I didn't know. xp

I went to a party shortly after I graduated from undergrad, and some guy I swear I've never seen before in my life comes up to me and says, "I remember you from {uni name}! You were always so smart!" xd I am not one to argue with that, but I always wonder how these people come to that conclusion. I mean we must have had a class together or something but I never talked to this guy or anything.

Two hours is a long class time, IMO. I had a German class that met for 2.5 hours twice a week. I like learning languages, but man, that felt like an eternity.

(7th post)  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 4:54 am

We do get a 10-minute break in between. I do find the classes kind of boring though. Maybe that's why I call out so much. You know, just so there's something to do.

I have a lime-green jacket that I always wear. I also wear my hair in braids and with some of it sticking straight up. This combination makes me quite recognisable. xd  

The MoUsY spell-checker

Dronning Dagmar

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 5:22 am
I am so getting you to 20. wink

We got a 15-minute break in German but it wasn't enough. You could basically pee and/or grab a pop but that's about it. I think it would have helped if it was a class only for language-smart people, and we didn't have to go so slow. wink

I am a bit jealous of your braids. I can't seem to make braids look good on me. And now my hair is too short, but maybe one day I can try again.

I wonder if I had a recognizable look and didn't realize it. I was pretty much a nerd throughout college, but in the comp sci department that doesn't stand out much. Although I am female, and not Indian or Chinese. Maybe that helped.

(8th post)  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 2:11 pm

Trust me, any girl on a computer course gets noticed. wink
Especially one who is there on her own merits.

In news I'm the only one here who cares about, she had her son this morning. A healthy baby boy =D  

Redem

Dathu

Newbie Noob

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 3:12 pm
Well tell her Congratualtions from all of us at the GAU! mrgreen

As of right now:

Redem - 20 (1st Ticket)
The Mousy Spell-Checker - 18
Sugarwing - 11
Fenky - 8
Dronning Dagmar - 8

Everyone else is five or under. A lot of people participated, but not many qualified. Well, it's a little after 5pm my time, so you got seven hours if you still wanna qualify.
wink  
The Main Discussion Place

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 7 8 9 10 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces