Welcome to Gaia! ::

::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::

Back to Guilds

The only guild on Gaia where hardcore Resident Evil fans can come and experience complete safe haven. Welcome! 

Tags: Resident Evil, Biohazard, Raccoon City, T-Virus, Umbrella 

Reply ::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::
Where is Capcom taking this? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... 21 22 23 24 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Resident Evil is
  Going down the toilet quickly, but the classics are still just that: Classic.
  Getting better and better with every game.
View Results

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 9:22 pm
For me it was an annoying son of my mom's friend. And I had to hang out with that kid, because his (also annoying) dad assumed that it'd be fun for me. rolleyes  
PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 9:57 pm
Shew I always hated it when my parents had friends with annoying children.  

REaceofclubs

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 10:10 pm
Yes, me too. But all in all, it just proves my life's motto: Don't regret the past. Learn from it. Every bad experience builds character if you learn something from it.
And in the long run, it made me a better person.  
PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 10:16 pm
Thats a good motto. Hahah I dont even know what mine is anymore. I'ts probably like "Screw it" or something dumb confused  

REaceofclubs

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 10:24 pm
You should adapt my motto. ninja  
PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 10:42 pm
xd  

REaceofclubs

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 10:47 pm
3nodding  
PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 10:51 pm
heart Thank you :3  

REaceofclubs

~Immortal Crow~

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 2:03 am
I don't mind the new Resi's I don't overly like them but they are okay. I think it would have been better not to call them Resident Evil if that makes sense but then again I suppose the idea behind the title is that 'Evil' is present and thus 'Resident' somewhere.

I have to say I perfer my old classics set in and around Raccoon City but I don't mind the new ones, four was fun to play and a bit different at least for me. Also I think that four may have been a kind of arc storyline. At the end with Sample in hand Ada is apprantly going back to Wesker, who used/still works for Umbrella (but seriously who knows with Wesker) I think maybe what Capcom are planing to do, or at least what several friends and I are hoping is to bring out a new storyline where the Las Plagas is emerged with either a newer version or the original T-Virus or one of the viruses at least. That way they can get back to the old storyline but it's not just randomly happening. So we don't have a game that's like

Seven years (or however many) after the events at Raccoon City, Umbrella Corp have created a better, stronger version of the T-Virus by emerging it with an ancient parasite. Or words to that effect. If that happened I'm sure everyone would be like "Wait, when did that happen?"

With Resident Evil 5 I don't know the proper plot yet, I'm guessing it's going to be simliar to four but maybe that will be another link to this idea/plot that we (friends and myself) hope will be coming out in the foreseeable future.

UC however I thought was okay it's not great but I don't mind it, I do mind the character voices however but that's just me. The gameplay isn't bad but I couldn't help but feel they were turning Resi into a House of the Dead type game.

As far as Storylines go I don't mind the new ones but they aren't my favourites. I like Resident Evil four just because they moved it to Europe and so closer to where I live.

The most annoying thing about the new Resi's for me is that fans. They play the new one and suddenly become the biggest fan. That's not what it's about and it annoys me.

Still I like the new games and I will be keeping my UC and Resi 4 and I will be getting 5 too. I love the series and even though some of the new storylines are a bit lame I'm still going to like them all.

If you look at it logically Resident Evil 4 isn't really about Zombies, well it's another defintion found in the dictionary about someone who appears to be in a daze and/or controlled.

The series of Resident Evil as been about zombies but it's a Survival Horror genre which I suppose could cover anything so I think that backs it up a little bit. I mean I don't want to start an arguement but I still like the new games and I'm still going to play them. I think what you need to remember is that they aren't really zombies right now in the games because I'm sure if Capcom continued to make games set around the events of 1998 in Raccoon City some people would start to complain and I still stick by the idea that 4 and 5 are sort of sub-plots to a bigger picture.

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 2:41 am
But the parasites could also have been created by Umbrella, or another company. And they could've been pulled off logically, where the hosts are like zombies in that they aren't intelligent and they don't grow 5 times their size in a matter of seconds, with no source of nourishment. And it could've been set in more reasonable locations, not castles with lava pits.
RE4 could've been pulled off a LOT better, but right now, it seems like Capcom is trying to make Resident Evil a hybrid of what Resident Evil used to be, with Devil May Cry and Onimusha.

I'm not gonna argue over who's a bigger fan of the series, you or me. I'm just saying that I love the series enough to realize when it's going bad.  

Biohazard EXTREME

NotteRequiem
Crew

6,150 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 5:09 am
(( ninja *gives props to Crow for going back on topic.* ninja ))

I think the real issue here is that Capcom wants to make money... and unfortunately, first person shooters is exactly what is going to make them money.

Stupid noobs.  
PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 5:48 am
I didn't mean to sound like I was a bigger fan sorry if that's what it came off as Biohazard. I do agree some of it was illogical but I still liked it. It's true they could have but I did think the sort of idea of it being an unearthed evil from the past wasn't a bad idea. That's just my personal view though and I think that's what also needs to be considered. I agree there were a lot of things I didn't like but at least Wesker came back. ninja I think one major pitfall to Resident Evil four to me is the new breed of fangirls and boys we have now running around claiming it's the best Resident Evil game in history. When it clearly isn't. In fact I have a funny Icon that I shall post.

((Thank you ^_^ I think lol ))

I agree NotteRequiem, to many people seem to like first person shooters. I never have. I made the mistake of buying Resident Evil Dead Aim because I thought the Storyline sounded great, I mean an outbreak in a city you stand a chance on a ship it's very limited. I was very let down by that.

I think personally they need to do some kind of poll to find out what fans from the first games and such would like to see not just stupid noobs as you so rightly put it.  

~Immortal Crow~

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 5:59 am
Yeah, but that's the thing about changing things drastically. Yes, some people will like the changes some people won't. But that's the problem. Some people won't. And the more changes you make, the more of a chance you have of displeasing the people who liked what it USED to be about.

If Resident Evil (or any franchise, for that matter) starts to get stale. My policy is, don't change it. END it. They should've concluded the storyline, with T-Virus, zombies, Umbrella, and all the things that I, and everyone else fell in love with.
And if they wanted to do something with parasites, they could just as easily have created a completely new storyline, and advertised it as, "From the creators of Resident Evil."  
PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 6:18 am
I totally agree with that. In fact I said that myself. I mean I think they could have still gotten away with using Leon or ex Resident Evil characters because it could have been set after or even used whole new ones.

You have no ideas how many times I've said that about things. As stupid as it sounds I had/have a few friends younger than me and such they used to watch a show, you might know it Digimon, after the first few seasons they just suddenly decided they wanted to cash in more and changed the storyline totally around. IT got a load of new fans but all the old fans where probably like my friends and I admit myself like "WTF are you doing?" If they run out of ideas then they should stop it or try to create a new idea.

I'm guessing you've seen the RE movies? I mean in those I thought the third one didn't have a bad storyline in general the whole 'taken over by zombies and having to travel around' so why they didn't use that kind of idea. Some how the Virus started to spread or something, I mean it can't just be Wesker whose running around alive when he should be dead. They were many ways they could have done it. I think the main thing is what Notte said, they want to make more money and they want to do that by using the title people know and indeed love. I just hope RE 5 starts to head back to the old story.

Unless that's what they are trying to do, a sort of the world starting to have different kind of problems...Leading to some kind of mass war or destruction but I agree they could have done it a different way. Even making it a spin-off series if they wanted, stating very clearly that they are not RESIDENT EVILS but have the character's from the original games in new plots. At least then it would have caused a lot less problems between the fans and so on.  

~Immortal Crow~

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 6:27 am
But like I said. The problem is that they changed the very fondation that RE was built on. They just crossed the line of realism in countless ways that I've listed before. And I really don't like it. It would've been find as a whole another game. But Resident Evil 4 is as much "Resident Evil" as Devil May Cry or Onimusha. And they shouldn't clash. It's like, if you were playing Onimusha, and you found out that all the demons are actually humans that mutated because of a virus.

That's why the Doom movie was received so badly, because people who loved the game, where the demons came from hell, suddenly watch this movie, where the monsters are biological like in RE. And it completely threw off the foundation that Doom was based on.

Even though the difference wasn't AS drastic in RE4, to me, it was drastic enough. That's why I want nothing to do with it, Umbrella Chronicles, or any future Resident Evil title.

The Resident Evil movies, are more true to RE's origins than RE4 is. It really upsets me when people get angry about how different the movies are from the game, but then their favorite Resident Evil is 4. It's just stupid.  
::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... 21 22 23 24 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff