Welcome to Gaia! ::

[MADG] Hangout

Back to Guilds

Formerly the Mil-a-Day Giveaway, this guild is now a just great place to hangout and meet some new friends. 

Tags: [MADG], Hangout, friends, relax, bunnies 

Reply [MADG]
Twilight Thread! - MMO Announced? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 7 8 9 10 11 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Alright ladies, who rocks it?
  Edward
  Jacob
View Results

pxxn

Original Fairy

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2009 7:55 am
the post i wrote was before I've read L.J. Smith's Vampire Diaries series. So let me rephrase everything. stephenie meyer plainly copied Vampire Diaries.

I highly suggest reading the Vampire Diaries series, it is a great read. 3nodding

anyways I just thought to make a list of the similarities between twilight and vampire diaries since it is painfully obvious Stephenie Meyer stole ideas, and scenes..

-Both Set in small towns in America, in similar types of surroundings. Eg. Sinister forests, close knit community, historic town.

-Both feature a female protagonist who falls in love with a Vampire who is actually hundreds of years old, but pretends to be a normal teen, who is incredibly good looking, strong, good senses ect… Both try and only feed off animals, leave humans in peace and try to be good. Both are morally guilty, and consider themselves evil. Both are incredibly drawn to the female protagonist, like they are soulmates, but at first try to hold back to protect her.

-Stefan and Edward are very similar

-Bella and Elena have some similarities

-Caroline and Lauren have some similarities

-Slight similatities between Matt and Mike/Tyler

-Damon and the antagonist vampire in twilight (whatever he’s called) have some similarities

-Alice and Bonnie are similar (both have visions)

-The plot in both books features a strong evil vampire who wants the female protagonist, who is madly in love with a weak good vampire.

-Both feature werewolfs and vampires

-They both have the secretary scene were stefan/edward try to "charm" her to get what they want.

-They both have a almost rape scene. Bella in the port angeles where is being followed by men but then Edward shows up to save her = Elena in the cemetary when tyler is forcing himself on her, stefan shows up then beats up tyler.

-The ballet studio with the mirrors where James waits for Bella = a dream where Elena is walking down a mirrored hall to meet Damon (both the bad guys)

-The iconic Meadow scene from Twilight when Edward shows bella how strong he is = the scene with Stefan and Damon (he rips a tree from the ground and whips around the forest to show his speed and stregnth)

-When Edward promises not to leave Bella if that’s what is right for her - she replies “its not the same thing (as in saying i’ll stay forever) = Stefan saying he’ll stay as long as Damon is around - Eleana says exactly that, its not the same thing!!!

-They both have the Werewolves which are part on the history of the town.

**before anyone starts going off on how Vampire Diaries copied Twilight, Vampire Diaries actually came out in the 90s.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2009 10:03 am

pxxn:/// Oh god, I lawl'd

Alluminn
Vice Captain

Simplistic-Tyranny

Vice Captain

Dangerous Nerd

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2009 11:28 am

How ironic.. xd Even tho Steph Meyer has said time and again she's never read a vampiric novel. -shrug-

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2009 1:27 pm
Simplistic-Tyranny

How ironic.. xd Even tho Steph Meyer has said time and again she's never read a vampiric novel. -shrug-

I love how everyone believes what comes out of her mouth.
what because her name is stephenie meyer it means she does not lie?
Meyer probably read vampire diaries then had a dream about it rofl

IMO both stories are way too similiar to ignore and simply say it was a coincidence.

pxxn

Original Fairy

Simplistic-Tyranny

Vice Captain

Dangerous Nerd

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2009 2:18 pm
pxxn
Simplistic-Tyranny

IMO both stories are way too similiar to ignore and simply say it was a coincidence.

I'm not taking sides. lol

I still think Twilight will and always will be a book that was literally based on a wet dream of hers. -shrug- Even the actors portraying the characters hate the book. rofl

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 1:08 pm
Simplistic-Tyranny
pxxn
Simplistic-Tyranny

I still think Twilight will and always will be a book that was literally based on a wet dream of hers. -shrug- Even the actors portraying the characters hate the book. rofl

Orly? O.o;
I know that Rob didn't even watch the movie. His excuse was something along the lines of how he, "didn't like to see himself up there". xD

Moonlight_Bella
Crew

Simplistic-Tyranny

Vice Captain

Dangerous Nerd

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 1:17 pm
Moonlight_Bella
Simplistic-Tyranny
pxxn
Simplistic-Tyranny

Orly? O.o;
I know that Rob didn't even watch the movie. His excuse was something along the lines of how he, "didn't like to see himself up there". xD

He basically said that [the book] showed that Stephenie believed she was Bella, and that she wanted Pattz to be this sex symbol "i cream myself just staring at him' type person. And the more he read the book, the more he hated Edward. so he made Edward to be a Manic-depressive individual with issues.

Or something. I can't find the actual thread in the anti Twilight guild about it.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 7:43 pm
It is correct, both Kristen Stewart and Robert Pattison disliked the book once they read the series. I really don't see why they agreed to play the characters then... though then again money is everything.

I really don't believe that Stephenie Meyer did much research on vampires especially since her vampires don't have vampire fangs. Now wouldn't this make them sparkly humans who just like blood? o.O Or as most Anti-Twilighters call Edward... a sparkle fairy. xD

I like pxxn reasoning though. Sounds oddly familiar that really sparks my interest to read that book even more now. X3

I think the book has some interesting quotes and that is probably about it. Other than that I read the book for entertainment value, but sadly I only got enough entertainment out of the first three books before I decided I wanted to be sick and burn the last book.

She uses to much purple prose (flowery writing) and so it annoys me. =.=

If I had to pick a team I would either be Team Seth or Team Tyler's Van. :3  

MissusDolly

4,400 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Conversationalist 100

musicfan1221

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 5:30 am
omg twilight is AMAZING!! mrgreen i read all the books and watched the movie!! i cant wait 4 new moon. i just really hate jacobs long hair e loos=ks really werid eek  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 8:35 pm
haha im gonna kill renesme cuz i want Jacob all to myself!
haha JK luve the books! the movie wasnt that great...specially the sparkly scene. he looks sweaty sweatdrop
lol  

Princess_Babae

Moonlight_Bella
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 5:51 pm
The sparkling scene WAS a bit much.. ^^;  
PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 10:52 am
I'm gonna have to say that twilight is unsatisfact.... I'm sorry it's hard to critisize twilight and use appropriate words at the same time. Let us put it this way on a scale from 0 to 24, no from 3 to 24, 6 being awful and 13 being the best this movie was an orange.  

Vinwon

Moonlight_Bella
Crew

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 4:12 pm
o_O?  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 12:32 pm
Ok first i have to say i LOVE twilight and the other three books ( in fact i read all of them in about 2 weeks ) But the movie was disaponting cause it skiped alot of the good parts from da book  

dizzydoo2230

4,900 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Citizen 200
-MaliciousMinty- rolled 15 4-sided dice: 4, 3, 1, 2, 4, 1, 3, 2, 1, 2, 2, 3, 1, 1, 2 Total: 32 (15-60)

-MaliciousMinty-

Quotable Genius

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 12:24 pm
i agree with dizzydoo2230
i loved the books gotta admit, and yes the movie was a little disapointing because some of the parts looked really cheasy and they did skip alot if parts in the book that were really good.

p.s. if u say u don like twilight then its probably cuz you've seen the movie and not read the books  
[MADG]

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 7 8 9 10 11 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff