Welcome to Gaia! ::

Nintendo Cult!

Back to Guilds

So long and thanks for the memories. 

Tags: Nintendo, Gaming, Video games 

Reply 'Tendo Cult~
~CT's Brawl Guide~ on hold. Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... 23 24 25 26 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Spark of Fate

3,650 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 10:35 pm
Cody Kuroryu is my...
But... W-What about Link and Sheik.... SHEIK!!!! Sheik has awesome potential.. Fast, but easy to learn and use effectively... Especially when you dodge everyones attack... Dodge + quick attacks = Easy K.O. Surprisingly, I'm particularly good with the Zelda Trio... I gotta change my Brawl Siggy, But I gotta decide whether I'm better at Sheik or Link.... TT-TT Soooo tough for me to choose... I love Ganondorf... He's SLOW enough to OWN Sheik ... My friend, Preston, knows what I mean... Preston was Sheik, I was Ganondorf, I PWN3D him majorly... Then he turned around and PWN3D me in Halo 3... Stupid... No-Scope.... AUGH!!!!!! *rampage* But I always get him with the shotgun... BANG AND BASH! ^_^ Sorry about the off topic there... But I votes for Link and Sheik.. Possibly Link first...
... Original RPC

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 9:26 pm
And bringing this back up. I'm sure she will get around to the other Zelda game characters sooner or later.  

Yin Yun Yang

Al Torrenz

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 9:40 pm
Yin Yun Yang
And bringing this back up. I'm sure she will get around to the other Zelda game characters sooner or later.

*He, kthx.

And yeah, I've lately grasped some interest in link, but there's still alot of others I wanna do first.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 2:45 pm
And doing it again, I'll just say you are welcome again.  

Yin Yun Yang

Hero of Thyme

350 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 4:57 pm
Very nicely done man. I'm looking forward to a Falco guide since I main Falco. (Don't worry ladies and gentlemen I don't laser lock or spam my blaster...)

I've been having trouble with Falcos aerial moves (since I really hate his side air attack) and have been wondering what your solution for proper Falco air control. I use his spike and back aerial pretty often but all the other ones seem pretty useless...

Thanks, you have great guides. Also looking forward to Meta Knight!  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 3:41 am
*Proceeds to 'squee' and run about the place in anticipation of Luigi, Marth and Pokemon Trainer's guide*

As tradition dictates, I shall say 'well done'.
So, Well done ^_^

Awesome guide so far. Detailed, and hell do you know your stuff 0.0  

EtcherSketcher

7,250 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Flatterer 200
  • Generous 100

Yin Yun Yang

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 7:30 pm
Must live till next thing, really this thread is so in depth a mod SHOULD STICKY IT.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 8:34 pm
OMG man, you're making me miss the good ol' Melee days, where I would SHL with Falco all across Final Destination. But sadly, those days are over for Falco, but now he can Laser Lock (Which I can never do In a real macth, and when I do, I dont notice until I stop shooting) and a chain grab.
I want to see what you say about Game&Watch. (He's my second Main, under Falco and above Snake.) Hopefully, you mention this thing I like to call the zigzag. You basically spam Up+B and Aerial Down+A and move in a "zigzag" motion. Very effective in dodging Sonics Final Smash.

Elite Blazer

Al Torrenz

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 9:22 am
Yin Yun Yang
Must live till next thing, really this thread is so in depth a mod SHOULD STICKY IT.

APPROVED

Meta Knight guide in steady progress.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 12:52 pm
Doesn't seem the mods have looked though.  

Yin Yun Yang

Meta_Fish
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 1:03 pm
We ain't 'bouts'ta sticky s**t. Not that there's anything wrong with this, but we (I) hate stickying things. It makes a forum feel more cluttered, and gives it a smaller feeling. No stickies. ^_^;

It's doing fine, anyway. It's on the front page.

Also, the Meta Knight one sounds neat. I think something to keep in mind is to try to use his tilts. I need to learn to use tilts more.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 1:24 pm
Meta_Fish
We ain't 'bouts'ta sticky s**t. Not that there's anything wrong with this, but we (I) hate stickying things. It makes a forum feel more cluttered, and gives it a smaller feeling. No stickies. ^_^;

It's doing fine, anyway. It's on the front page.

Also, the Meta Knight one sounds neat. I think something to keep in mind is to try to use his tilts. I need to learn to use tilts more.

Das fine. I think I'm still too short on guides anyways. SLOW BUT STEADEH.

I was a smash spammer until my early SSBM days. I think I barely even attempted doing an up tilt because I kept jumping instead.

Oh, and meta knight has awesome tilts. I'm a big fan of his side tilt. There's been a mention somewhere on how to make it faster, but I haven't been able to recreate it.. Anybody got any info?  

Al Torrenz

Yin Yun Yang

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 6:50 am
I don't know, I don't really research into characters. On a funner note.

DO JIGGLYPUFF!

Not right now though since you are working on someone else at the moment.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 11:49 am
o hai gaiz, META KNIGHT IZ DUN

Here's a fanboyismtastic picture I've found on deviantart:
User Image

So yeah, I've completed and added the meta knight character guide. I also altered the snake one slightly. Enjoy.  

Al Torrenz

Itakio

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2008 9:07 pm
Quote:
Side Tilt: I’m a huge fan of this move. You can use it three times in a row rapidly to do a combo. MK will deal two horizontal slashes, then launch the enemy upwards with the last one. Very fast and easy to connect all hits with, also great combo potential thanks to Meta Knight’s great aerials.
This move is really good for another reason as well: it refreshes stale moves effectively. Most people probably don't know it but stale moves is even more apparent now. And I wouldn't say it's easy to combo from because the last hit is pretty laggy, but still, this is a good move, use it lots.

Quote:
Up Tilt: MK does a spin-stab upwards. A bit stronger than the down tilt, good to get the enemy in place for combos, though I prefer just using the side tilt.
This can be used for vertical kills, believe it or not, good on an unsuspecting opponent. It does more knockback than the up smash but it has a much smaller hitbox, and the sweetspot is at the tip.

Quote:
Side Smash: MK pulls his sword back, then does a strong horizontal smash. This is MK’s strongest and slowest move. I prefer other finishers though since this move is just too slow for MK standards. Still, who knows, you may sneak in a lucky hit.
I used to think this move was useless, but it's extremely hard to punish with something slow because of it's range, and it's high knockback and damage also makes it worth it, but offline you probably won't hit very many people with it.

Quote:
Down Smash: MK slashes in front, then behind. This is one of the finishers I use a lot. It’s very fast and the knockback is pretty close to the forward smash. The range isn’t so great though, so place it accurately or you’ll be left open.
In my opinion, is is by far THE BEST smash in the game. It comes out in just a few frames, hits two sides, and goes away quickly, and has very good knockback and angle of knockback. What else could you ask for? And I'd say the range is pretty good, you'll probably be outspacing some forward tilts with this move.

Quote:
Neutral Air: MK does a quick vertical spin. Can connect two times, the first hit deals more knockback. Another finisher. It’s weaker than the down smash, but the fact that you can use it in the air evens that out. Best to use as an aerial combo finisher when you’re already close or even beyond the stage’s ledge.
This is a very good move, but you won't be using it often because of it's range. First of all, it does 19% if you connect with the strong part of it (at the very start of the move), which shouldn't be that hard since it comes out almost the moment you press A. It's not bad for continuing combos either, at low percents you can usually follow up with a down smash.

Quote:
Forward Air: MK slashes the air three times with insane speed. Last hit deals knockback. The knockback is low, so it’s easy to hit enemies with multiple times before finishing with a neutral air. You can use this move pretty much anytime you want.
It should be noted that it puts them at the perfect place to shuttle loop them for an easy KO.

Quote:
Down Air: The up air, but slower and a tad stronger. Doesn’t spike.
Bah, you missed the greatest aspect of this move. =/ This is EXTREMELY good at killing people at low percents. I'd almost rather have this than another character's slow spike. The angle of knockback makes it almost impossible to recover for characters with bad recoveries, AND it's good for comboing. On stage you can generally follow up with a down smash or a forward air at low percents. But really, give it a try off stage, there is no way you could possibly kill yourself with MK's recovery.

Quote:
Up Special: MK does a loop, then engages in a glide (even if you already used up your mid-air glide). Good vertical and awesome horizontal recovery. But the best thing about this move is the fact that it’s got good range, is super fast and super strong. It’s my main finisher, just try it yourself. Don’t use it off-stage though since you might not make it back in helpless-falling-mode. There’s one more fancy thing about this move, and that is the glide attack. Press A while gliding to interrupt and do a slash forwards. This slash is similiarly strong as the neutral air, so even if you missed with the loop, this attack may hit and kill your enemy. Surprise surprise!!
This move is also extremely good for edgeguarding. I don't know about not using it off stage, if you hit your opponent with it, they will probably die. You see, this move's knockback works as though your opponent had 40% (not exactly) more than he did, almost like set knockback moves, so hitting an opponent off stage with it means they die, unless they are at VERY low percents. Also, the back of the hitbox sends them backwards, so with excellent precision, you could use it off stage, hit them with the back of the hitbox and proceed to glide back to safety to edgeguard more or to taunt your defeated opponent.

Quote:
Down Special: Also, if you’re on the stage if you use it in the correct place and you reappear right on the ledge, MK will automatically grab it, making it the only way to grab a ledge from a distance in all of brawl.
Not exactly, tether recoveries can grab the ledge from further I think, and it even registers them as grabbing the ledge, so you can use tether recoveries to edgehog people.

Quote:
Dash Attack: MK slides and knocks enemies in the air. Pretty good reach, great to approach enemies and stuff, but you usually forget about this move.
At low percents you can follow up into a neutral air for a good 23%+. This is probably one of the better dash attacks in the game.

Quote:
Grabs: The up-and down throws are the same as kirby’s. I find the down throw most interesting since you can directly link dash attacks or up smashes right after your enemy gets pushed off.
The forward throw sets them up for a shuttle loop, so that should be your choice anywhere near the ledge.

My thoughts on MK: He is almost without a doubt the best character in the game. His priority is so good that nobody else can touch you. He also has some of the most broken moves in the game: mach tornado and down smash. These are really, really good moves, however stale moves takes a toll on downsmash spam and makes it a less viable kill move, but it's still really good. Shuttle loop is also my second most used kill move and is on the borderline of brokenness in my opinion. It's easy to hit a vulnerable opponent (predicted air dodge, attack, etc.) and will almost surely kill an opponent off stage, or at least hit them so far away that they can't recover.  
'Tendo Cult~

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... 23 24 25 26 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff