Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Sword of Truth Guild, For Terry Goodkind Fans!

Back to Guilds

"Choose, then. With us or not. But choose this day for all time." 

Tags: truth, sword, richard, series, goodkind 

Reply The Wizard's Keep Archives (Old Stuff)
You know I was thinking... Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... 22 23 24 25 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Platinum_Behemoth252
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2005 6:36 pm
Phanari
Platinum_Behemoth252
babies should be left home with a baby sitter when going to something that requires silence, like church or a movie theater...thats as bad to me as someone smoking and blowing it in your face...i dont mean to sound rude but if i wanted a crying baby at every movie i go to i would knock up the first chick i saw and move into a mobile home and work at home depot....no offense to those ppl of course...

There's a period of time after the child has been born where they can't be apart from their mother for too long. Both the baby and the mother need each other. If they are apart too long, the mother starts to worry and the baby feels neglected.

This lasts for the first several months. A person shouldn't be kicked out of a theater just because their kid cries a little.

Have to walk outside for a while, I can understand. But to not be allowed to go in? Even smokers can bring their cigarretts into buildings as long as they smoke outside.

Okay for that period of time i believe the baby should be the parents life...both of them. I myself would give up movie theaters and most public places because i know that i dont like crying babies and i try to nvr do something i myself dont like to others unless they have done something to deserve it...about the smokers i ment a person smoking next to you and blowing the smoke in your face...purposefully...or jst not thinking and doing it...its jst disrespectful...i the person wanted to breath smoke they would be smoking themselves...but anyways...i jst dont think that babies of such an age to where they cannot communicate beyond crying should be kept home with their parents....i guess im jst different from some ppl...but i wouldnt bring my kid to a place where i know that if they start bawling it will upset multiple ppl...i would jst wait for the movie to come out on DVD....  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2005 9:14 am
Platinum_Behemoth252
babies should be left home with a baby sitter when going to something that requires silence, like church or a movie theater...thats as bad to me as someone smoking and blowing it in your face...i dont mean to sound rude but if i wanted a crying baby at every movie i go to i would knock up the first chick i saw and move into a mobile home and work at home depot....no offense to those ppl of course...
twisted How beautifully tactless!! Yet I still approve...not of you doing it, but of why you said you'd do it.

Phanari's just defending babies because they're her weakness!!  

chubby_choco

Dapper Hunter

7,250 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Full closet 200

Phanaridie

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2005 11:04 am
chubby_choco
Platinum_Behemoth252
twisted How beautifully tactless!! Yet I still approve...not of you doing it, but of why you said you'd do it.

Ava'y, they are my weakness. However, I'm also saying this because it's true.

Babies have to be exposed to public places. It helps their imune system, and gives them the fresh air and sunshine to keep them from getting whatever that disease is called when you haven't had enough sun and your skin starts to turn yellow.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2005 4:38 pm
thats what parks and playgrounds are for....
jst saying there are plenty of places to bring your babies that are extrememely baby friendly....movie theaters are not outside sunny places...they are public but thats about it....same with church....im jst saying that there are better places to bring your kids during that time and everyone is happy....not jst you...taking your baby to a movie so you get it out and public and are still able to watch the movie at the expense of others enjoyment jst isnt worth it to me...i would jst bring them to a park....or if i 'had' to go see the movie then i would hire a baby sitter....i had plenty of baby sitters when i wuz young and i love my parents...and im for the most part normal.....actually it is proven that every single human has at least one mental 'disease' as we like to call them...cause there is no perfect human...and that is jst one of our flaws....
oh yes and there wuz something else....oh yea until a baby is so old any female can be its 'mother' and the child will not realize until it they are...4 months old?...god i cant remember it wuz a couple of months...i remember we studied the development of the mind in Psychology...yea i think it wuz 4 months...now they can gain an affinity for the mother but another female can replace them for a short time until the mother returns and the baby would nvr notice...yea....yea thats right....I thought i remembered it right.  

Platinum_Behemoth252
Vice Captain

chubby_choco

Dapper Hunter

7,250 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Full closet 200
PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2005 6:40 pm
Phanari
chubby_choco
Platinum_Behemoth252

Ava'y, they are my weakness. However, I'm also saying this because it's true.

Babies have to be exposed to public places. It helps their imune system, and gives them the fresh air and sunshine to keep them from getting whatever that disease is called when you haven't had enough sun and your skin starts to turn yellow.
Jaundice, dear. Jaundice.

And Platinum's right. *hugs him* You're smart, Platinum!!  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2005 6:47 pm
Platinum_Behemoth252
jst saying there are plenty of places to bring your babies that are extrememely baby friendly....movie theaters are not outside sunny places...they are public but thats about it....same with church....im jst saying that there are better places to bring your kids during that time and everyone is happy....not jst you...taking your baby to a movie so you get it out and public and are still able to watch the movie at the expense of others enjoyment jst isnt worth it to me...i would jst bring them to a park....or if i 'had' to go see the movie then i would hire a baby sitter....i had plenty of baby sitters when i wuz young and i love my parents...and im for the most part normal.....actually it is proven that every single human has at least one mental 'disease' as we like to call them...cause there is no perfect human...and that is jst one of our flaws....
oh yes and there wuz something else....oh yea until a baby is so old any female can be its 'mother' and the child will not realize until it they are...4 months old?...god i cant remember it wuz a couple of months...i remember we studied the development of the mind in Psychology...yea i think it wuz 4 months...now they can gain an affinity for the mother but another female can replace them for a short time until the mother returns and the baby would nvr notice...yea....yea thats right....I thought i remembered it right.

Babies have to go with you to church. What are you gonna do? Call someone to watch your baby on the Sabath? A bit hypocritcal, don't you think?

YOU CAN'T WORK ON THE SABATH!  

Phanaridie

Platinum_Behemoth252
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2005 7:06 pm
Phanari
Platinum_Behemoth252

Babies have to go with you to church. What are you gonna do? Call someone to watch your baby on the Sabath? A bit hypocritcal, don't you think?

not all ppl follow that...there are babysitters that can be like more or hindu or something...they dont have to follow your religion to be a baby sitter...  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2005 7:11 pm
Platinum_Behemoth252
Phanari
Platinum_Behemoth252

not all ppl follow that...there are babysitters that can be like more or hindu or something...they dont have to follow your religion to be a baby sitter...

No, but it's also breaking Sabbath to pay someone to work for you.  

Phanaridie

Platinum_Behemoth252
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2005 7:14 pm
Phanari
Platinum_Behemoth252
Phanari
Platinum_Behemoth252

well you know wut they say..."rules were made to be broken."  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2005 7:17 pm
Platinum_Behemoth252
Phanari
Platinum_Behemoth252
Phanari
Platinum_Behemoth252

well you know wut they say..."rules were made to be broken."

Not in a family of Adventists. Why do you think I'm a Sunday-Keeper now? ^_~  

Phanaridie

chubby_choco

Dapper Hunter

7,250 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Full closet 200
PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2005 9:56 am
..? At some point, I got LOST. What are we talking about..?  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2005 10:03 am
chubby_choco

We went from talking about babies, to talking about working on Saturday.  

Phanaridie

chubby_choco

Dapper Hunter

7,250 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Full closet 200
PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2005 10:04 am
Phanari
chubby_choco
Hee hee! I have acting classes on Saturday! They
re fun...unless I should be with friends at the mall, or seeing a movie, or something like that... stressed  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2005 10:05 am
chubby_choco
Phanari
chubby_choco
re fun...unless I should be with friends at the mall, or seeing a movie, or something like that... stressed

You still saw the movie! You just missed dinner. Onion rings and nachos.  

Phanaridie

chubby_choco

Dapper Hunter

7,250 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Full closet 200
PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2005 10:06 am
Phanari
chubby_choco
Phanari
chubby_choco
You still saw the movie! You just missed dinner. Onion rings and nachos.
scream THAT WOULD HAVE BEEN A YUMMY DINNER!! Do you know what I got? A mushroom sandwhich that @#$%^&* fell apart!!  
The Wizard's Keep Archives (Old Stuff)

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... 22 23 24 25 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff