Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Sword of Truth Guild, For Terry Goodkind Fans!

Back to Guilds

"Choose, then. With us or not. But choose this day for all time." 

Tags: truth, sword, richard, series, goodkind 

Reply The Wizard's Keep Archives (Old Stuff)
yay for weekend revelations Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 6 7 8 9

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Phanaridie

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 5:34 pm
ZerimarObon
Phanari
ZerimarObon
Using lies to tell the truth? There's a paradox for ya.
Lies aren't necessarily bad, I'll agree, after all, since all fiction stories aren't true, wouldn't that make them a lie? They can say it's not true, which won't be a lie, but it's still a lie.

Onto another topic.....My social studies teacher enjoys talking about current events, or some not so current I suppose. She really enjoys little comics that show what's happening in the world in a comical and sometimes insulting way (political cartoons I think they're called). She showed a couple today involving US presidents, past and present. One such thing connected George Bush with George Orwell(his book 1984 more specifically). Orwell Man teached everybody about double speak! It mentions a few actual terms he used, such as saying that the war in Iraq was instigated by "faulty intelligence" (lies if you want the truth), that the prisoners in Iraq were "abused" rather than tortured. There were a few other quotes, but I can't remember them. Out of curiousity, are you guys Democrat, or Republican in political beliefs (correct me on the terms if I'm wrong, remember, I'm Canadian)

PARADOX!

Not really. Most lies are told by using the truth, otherwise, they'd be pretty pathetic lies. In fact, it's more of a paradox to use a lie to tell the truth than use the truth to tell a lie. For more info, read Piers Anthony.

Uhhh....I think one of us misunderstands. Either you think I said use truth to tell lies, or I misunderstood you. You say it's a paradox to use lies to tell the truth, that's what I said was the case.

Shoot.......I read that wrong. I thought you said truth to tell lies.  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2006 10:45 am
Phanari
ZerimarObon
Phanari
ZerimarObon
Lies aren't necessarily bad, I'll agree, after all, since all fiction stories aren't true, wouldn't that make them a lie? They can say it's not true, which won't be a lie, but it's still a lie.

Onto another topic.....My social studies teacher enjoys talking about current events, or some not so current I suppose. She really enjoys little comics that show what's happening in the world in a comical and sometimes insulting way (political cartoons I think they're called). She showed a couple today involving US presidents, past and present. One such thing connected George Bush with George Orwell(his book 1984 more specifically). Orwell Man teached everybody about double speak! It mentions a few actual terms he used, such as saying that the war in Iraq was instigated by "faulty intelligence" (lies if you want the truth), that the prisoners in Iraq were "abused" rather than tortured. There were a few other quotes, but I can't remember them. Out of curiousity, are you guys Democrat, or Republican in political beliefs (correct me on the terms if I'm wrong, remember, I'm Canadian)

PARADOX!

Not really. Most lies are told by using the truth, otherwise, they'd be pretty pathetic lies. In fact, it's more of a paradox to use a lie to tell the truth than use the truth to tell a lie. For more info, read Piers Anthony.

Uhhh....I think one of us misunderstands. Either you think I said use truth to tell lies, or I misunderstood you. You say it's a paradox to use lies to tell the truth, that's what I said was the case.

i have done that. its possible.  

Platinum_Behemoth252
Vice Captain

Phanaridie

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2006 1:12 pm
Platinum_Behemoth252
Phanari
ZerimarObon
Phanari
ZerimarObon

PARADOX!

i have done that. its possible.

Now I'm confuzzled.  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2006 3:25 pm
Get used to being confuzzled around PB, whenever im near him thats my state of mind most of the time.  

Miroku2235
Crew

Phanaridie

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2006 4:05 pm
Miroku2235
Get used to being confuzzled around PB, whenever im near him thats my state of mind most of the time.

Usually I understand what he says. This is reare for me.  
The Wizard's Keep Archives (Old Stuff)

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 6 7 8 9

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff