Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Jishin

Steadfast Explorer

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 9:10 am
Golem OTCT
My eyes narrow to slits as I pause, quiet. Knowing the zone might be dangerous, I take a second to slip the ball back into my pocket--and slip a small set of goggles out of it. After all, this is a poison swamp; and caution might be best. Slipping them over my eyes, I take the ball from my pocket, calm my nerves, and try to inch torward the rustling in the brush...

As you approach the brush, you notice that one of the bushes in this area is an odd shape. Most of the bushes in this area are soft and leafy and nowhere near ready to fruit. This bush seems to have a large green bulb protruding out.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 9:25 am
Trumpster
((Yay it worked! one unconsious bedrill xd LOL))

I watch what happens to the bedrill and after the ball has stopped moving and the area is quiet I start to slowly crawl towards the ball, keeping my eyes on it at all times.

Once I get to the ball I pick it up and look at it, impressed that it caught a pokemon that hadn't been battled, at least not by another pokemon. I hook the ball onto my belt and look around, I'm now hopelessly disorientated in the middle of the forest and I look and listen for signs of other pokemon or something to tell me what way to go.

Most of the Pokémon in this particular spot seem to have vacated the premises when you started the fight with the Beedrill. However, as you look around, you can see the soft sparkle of water just past the edge of the stand of trees in front of you.

(Will you be staying to catch more Pokémon? You have four Safari Balls left. 3nodding )  

Jishin

Steadfast Explorer

oGolem

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 9:39 am
Jishin
As you approach the brush, you notice that one of the bushes in this area is an odd shape. Most of the bushes in this area are soft and leafy and nowhere near ready to fruit. This bush seems to have a large green bulb protruding out.

Slowly enlarging the ball, I narrow my eyes. That 'plant' looks very familiar; and, though my area of expertise is in the rock-type feild, I'm not adverse in the least to others. I creep torward it, as slowly and stealthily as I can, weighing my options, and trying to place where I've seen that shape before...  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 10:32 am
Jishin
Most of the Pokémon in this particular spot seem to have vacated the premises when you started the fight with the Beedrill. However, as you look around, you can see the soft sparkle of water just past the edge of the stand of trees in front of you.

(Will you be staying to catch more Pokémon? You have four Safari Balls left. 3nodding )

((Yea I'll be staying, my character is actually starting to like this place and by the time he finds the exit he'll want to stay anyway. xd ))

As I notice the sparkle of water I start to walk towards it, It was the only landmark in the area and I might be able to get some idea of what direction I'm facing. I was also hoping to find more pokemon. I usually try to avoid water pokemon, being a fire pokemon trainer, but here it makes no difference and a variety of types could be useful.  

Trumpster

Jishin

Steadfast Explorer

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2004 10:50 am
Golem OTCT
Slowly enlarging the ball, I narrow my eyes. That 'plant' looks very familiar; and, though my area of expertise is in the rock-type feild, I'm not adverse in the least to others. I creep torward it, as slowly and stealthily as I can, weighing my options, and trying to place where I've seen that shape before...

A pair of triangular eyes peers up at you through the brush as you quietly approach. They blink, then narrow, looking at you curiously.

The Pokémon slowly backs off a couple of steps, keeping pace with your advance. As it leaves the brush, you can clearly tell what it is.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

It tries to maintain the distance from you, just out of your reach.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2004 10:55 am
Trumpster
As I notice the sparkle of water I start to walk towards it, It was the only landmark in the area and I might be able to get some idea of what direction I'm facing. I was also hoping to find more pokemon. I usually try to avoid water pokemon, being a fire pokemon trainer, but here it makes no difference and a variety of types could be useful.

As you reach the sandy edge of the lake, you realize that you must be near the very back of the Safari Zone. Tall cliffs tower above the lake on the far side. The water glitters with the morning sunshine. Large numbers of rocks litter the narrow strip of beach, many of them covered with lichens.  

Jishin

Steadfast Explorer

Trumpster

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2004 2:48 pm
As I reach the beach I look around the clearing and up to the nearby cliffs. Being a little tired from my scrap with the bedrill I decide to have a rest so I walk half way down the beach and sit down on the soft sand, watching the calm waters.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2004 9:57 am
Trumpster
As I reach the beach I look around the clearing and up to the nearby cliffs. Being a little tired from my scrap with the bedrill I decide to have a rest so I walk half way down the beach and sit down on the soft sand, watching the calm waters.

The soft splash of the water is deeply soothing. You sit quietly for some time, and the sounds of the forest behind you return -- the buzz of Beedrills, the crackle of the pine needles, and even an occasional "pika!".

The lake is dotted with rocks in the shallows, and after you've sat for a while, you see ripples of water approaching the rocks.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

A Wooper pokes its head out of the water, then hops onto one of the rocks, eyeing you cautiously. It seems to decide that you're no threat, as it turns and calls back to the other ripples, "Woooopa!" Several other Wooper climb out of the water and hop onto the same rock, chattering excitedly amongst themselves.  

Jishin

Steadfast Explorer

Trumpster

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2004 4:30 am
I notice the wooper climbing up onto the rock and I watch them for a while as they chatter amongst themselves. I considered catching one and since I hadn't seen one before, I decided that it might be interesting to have one.

I slide over onto my chest and start crawling towards them slowly, watching the wooper in case they get alarmed by my movement.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2004 9:19 am
Trumpster
I notice the wooper climbing up onto the rock and I watch them for a while as they chatter amongst themselves. I considered catching one and since I hadn't seen one before, I decided that it might be interesting to have one.

I slide over onto my chest and start crawling towards them slowly, watching the wooper in case they get alarmed by my movement.

As you creep closer, you notice that the Wooper have started playing a little game. They seem to be squirting each other with Water Guns, kind of like playing hot potato.

The Wooper seem happily absorbed in their game. As you inch closer, one of them seems to decide that it would be a good idea to include you! It hops up and sprays you down with a Water Gun. The rest of the Wooper turn and laugh happily, waiting to see if you'll play too.  

Jishin

Steadfast Explorer

Trumpster

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2004 10:19 am
I stop moving as the wooper hops up to me and I'm a little surprised when it sprays me with it's water gun. I didn't mind because it was quite refreshing on a hot day like this but I shook my head to get most of the water off.

I reached down for a safari ball because the pokemon was so close but before I unclipped it from my belt I noticed that the rest of the wooper were watching me and it just felt wrong to take one of their friends while they watched.

Instead, I crawled over to the lake near the rocks, collected some water in my cupped hands, turned round and threw it over the wooper that soaked me.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2004 11:20 pm
"Woopa!! Woopa woop woop woooop!" The now-drenched Wooper hops up and down, looking absolutely delighted. It bounds up to your shoulder and perches there, rubbing its wet head against your cheek.

The other Wooper cluster around you, giving you the puppy-dog-eyes look, with choruses of "Woopa! Woopa!" as if to say, "You sprayed him,, don't we get some too?"  

Jishin

Steadfast Explorer

Trumpster

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2004 12:43 am
I start happily giggling as the wooper crowd around me and I realise they they all like being sprayed with water. I reach my arm over to the lake and pull it across the water, creating a big wave that crashes over all the wooper sitting in front of me.  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2004 5:09 pm
The Wooper bounce up and down excitedly as you reach for the water, and happily shout "WOOOOOPA!" as the wave comes crashing down on them. They splash around in the puddles and mud, spraying each other and you and everything in sight.

After a while, they start looking a bit worn out from all the excitement and horseplay. One by one, they dive off into the depths of the lake, each with a happy, tired, grateful "Woopa!" before they leave.

The last one left is the one on your shoulder. He looks out at the lake, then looks back at you, and rubs his little head against your cheek again. "Woopa," he says firmly. He slides down, looks at the lake meaningfully, then back at you, then hops back up to your shoulder again. "Woopa woopa woop."  

Jishin

Steadfast Explorer

Trumpster

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2004 11:31 pm
I turn my head to look at the wooper on my shoulder while supporting him with one hand so he doesn't fall off and I smile at him.

"Do you want to stay with me?"

As I ask this, I slowly reach down for a safari ball with my other hand and pull it up towards him so he can see it, hoping that he would choose to be with me and I'd have another good pokemon friend.  
Pokémon Defenders

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 7 8 9 10 11 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff