Submit

Yay God!
  Yay God :-D
View Results

Miss DaMeanor

Dangerous Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 2:30 pm
February 28
God did not give us a spirit of timidity, but a spirit of power, of love, and of self-discipline.
— 2 Timothy 1:7 (NIV)

Thoughts on Today's Verse...

Power! We like that concept. When it is godly power, might does make right because godly power is accompanied by love and self-discipline. These three together make a person's life effective, constructive, and corrective. Live life to its fullest: not as a closet Christian afraid of standing true and firm, but one who lives by God's power, shares God's love, and displays God's virtues.
My Prayer...
Holy God, you are without compare in your majesty and might. I have no right to come into your presence and yet you have invited me here by your love and your grace. You are my Rock, my Fortress, and my Strength. I depend upon your guidance and your mercy to sustain me through my storms and reclaim me from my stumbles. Holy God, you are without compare and I worship you. In Jesus' name. Amen.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 5:33 pm
Quote:
Whom have I in heaven but you? And earth has nothing I desire besides you. My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever.
— Psalm 73:25-26 (NIV)

What can truly fulfill and sustain us? Maybe the best way to answer that question is by asking another: What can we keep when our bodies are placed silently in their graves at death? Only our relationship with God and his people lasts beyond the grave. If he is what lasts, then how can we displace him for anything that doesn't?
My Prayer...
Mighty Yahweh, Strength of Israel, Keeper of the Covenant and Fulfillment Maker of every prophecy, you are my hope, my strength and my future. I live this day in wide open amazement that the Keeper of the Universe knows my name, hears my voice, and cares for me. Thank you for being my past, my present, and my future, the Great I Am. Through my Savior I pray. Amen.

Miss DaMeanor

Dangerous Sex Symbol

Sabeine

Vampire

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 4:59 am
"Your ways are not my ways, your thoughts are not my thoughts..."

-God  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 4:57 pm
March 2
He knows the way that I take; when he has tested me, I will come forth as gold. My feet have closely followed his steps; I have kept to his way without turning aside.
— Job 23:10-11 (NIV)

How we long for this to be our true confession. We are not yet gold, but long to be. We are not yet fully following his steps, but are trying. We have tried to not turn aside, but we sometimes falter. Thank God for his grace until our intentions and desires are fulfilled in our discipleship!
My Prayer...
Magnificent Creator and Sustainer of the Universe, I confess my sin and my inadequacy in following your paths. Forgive me as I recommit my life to serve you in holiness and joy. Thank you for your grace which covers my sin and perfects in me the character of Jesus. Through him I pray. Amen.

Miss DaMeanor

Dangerous Sex Symbol

Miss DaMeanor

Dangerous Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 4:47 pm
March 3
"My thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways," declares the Lord. "As the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways and my thoughts than your thoughts."
— Isaiah 55:8-9 (NIV)

No matter how hard we try to perceive the awesomeness of God, he is still God and we are not. We must forever remember that the original, and still primary, sin was to try to become like God in terms of knowledge and understanding. We are to know God, but we can never fully know everything about him. We are to take on his character, but we cannot approach his majesty, righteousness, or holiness on our own. This is both exciting and frustrating. But, the promise remains that one day we will be like him and see him as he is (1 John 3:1-3) and know fully even as we are fully known (1 Corinthians 13:11-12).
My Prayer...
Tender Shepherd, thank you for being so patient with me when I cannot fully understand and appreciate your holy and transcendent character. Thank you for sending Jesus so I can know you better and trust you to know me better than I know myself. I look forward to seeing you face to face when Jesus comes to bring me home. Until that day, please know I love you. In the name of Jesus I offer my thanks and praise. Amen.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 8:01 am
My Birthday
"Have not I commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be terrified; do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go."
— Joshua 1:9 (NIV)

Never alone! What a promise. God will go with him, and us, through all the seasons of life, through all our ups and downs, through temptations and triumphs, even through death (cf. Psalm 139). So we can take courage and feel his strength. We are not alone!
My Prayer...
O God who is and was and is to come, thank you for being there and staying there when all others forsake and leave. You are the one constant in my life so full of change. Help me become more steadfast and faithful in my commitments and relationships to honor you and to learn more about you. Through Jesus I pray. Amen.

Miss DaMeanor

Dangerous Sex Symbol

Miss DaMeanor

Dangerous Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 4:19 pm
March 5
These commandments that I give you today are to be upon your hearts. Impress them on your children. Talk about them when you sit at home and when you walk along the road, when you lie down and when you get up.
— Deuteronomy 6:6-7 (NIV)

We are to begin each day with God. Every breath we take should be a powerful reminder that our Father has granted us another day of life to serve him. Each heartbeat is God's drumbeat of love, reminding us that we are blessed with another minute to offer him our best. This blessing is so easily forgotten. We best remember these truths when we teach them and show them and live them with and before our children. But, let's not leave their learning these truths to our example alone. Let's find teachable moments to explain our faith, to praise our Heavenly Father, and to teach God's truth.
My Prayer...
Almighty God, Gracious Sustainer, and Undeserved Friend, thank you! Thank you for this breath I take and for the heartbeat that sustains my life. Make me aware as I travel and talk and rest and work that you are there and are worthy of my intentional best. In the name of Jesus, my gracious sacrifice I pray. Amen.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2010 5:13 am
March 7
Search me, O God, and know my heart; test me and know my anxious thoughts. See if there is any offensive way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting.
— Psalm 139:23-24 (NIV)

God does know us. We cannot pretend we are something we are not with him. He knows us - inside and out, through and through. This should liberate us to share a remarkable degree of intimacy with him, but most of us run from such a close relationship with our Father. If our desire, however, is to become more like him, the only way to be transformed is by inviting him in to look at our hearts, our motivations, and our desires.
My Prayer...
O God, I know you are the one who "searches hearts and minds." Yet because of the grace you demonstrated in Jesus, I am confident that you love me. My heart is sorry for the sin I have committed, but I am really trying to serve you in honor and purity. Please fill me with your Spirit to enable me to become more like Christ. In the name of your holy Son I pray. Amen.

Miss DaMeanor

Dangerous Sex Symbol

Miss DaMeanor

Dangerous Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 3:39 pm
March 8
Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of compassion and the God of all comfort, who comforts us in all of our troubles, so that we can comfort those in any trouble with the comfort we ourselves have received from God.
— 2 Corinthians 1:3-4 (NIV)

We are comforted to comfort others. God doesn't bless us with his presence and comfort of his Spirit because we are somehow better than everyone else. No, he comforts us to equip, empower, and encourage others. God has human hands, but only when I use mine to his glory and for others comfort.
My Prayer...
Tender Shepherd, there have been times when I was so broken I could not go on. I know my strength to continue came from your rich grace and mercy. Please use me this week to offer your comfort and love to others so they may feel your warm embrace and come to yearn more for the day we see you face to face in heaven. Through my brother Jesus, I pray. Amen.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 4:19 pm
March 9
God has saved us and called us to a holy life -- not because of anything we have done but because of his own purpose and grace. This grace was given us in Christ Jesus before the beginning of time.
— 2 Timothy 1:9 (NIV)

Before the beginning of time! How do you understand when that was? God first thought of us at a time we cannot even begin to understand! His reason for thinking of us was to demonstrate his grace and call others to his side. Jesus has always been God's plan and we have always been his goal. Let's make sure we respond by living his holy life!
My Prayer...
Thank you so much, Father, for knowing me and thinking of my needs even before there was a world. I dedicate this day, the days that follow, to your honor as I try to live a life that reflects your righteousness and grace. In the name of Jesus, the one who had no sin, I pray. Amen.

Miss DaMeanor

Dangerous Sex Symbol

Miss DaMeanor

Dangerous Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2010 3:41 am
Sorry guys, Wensaday I lost internet, and yesterday I was so buissy.
March 12
He has given us his very great and precious promises, so that through them you may participate in the divine nature and escape the corruption in the world caused by evil desires.
— 2 Peter 1:4 (NIV)

God made us to be like him in character and holiness. We are called to participate in the divine nature and are assured that we will be made ready when Jesus comes again. His promise is sure if we will commit to follow him wholeheartedly!
My Prayer...
Almighty God, my Everlasting Fortress, thank you for giving me your great promises. I long to know you more fully and be able to see your face today just as I believe I will at the day of your return. Please protect me and my heart from corruption. In all love and appreciation I pray in the name of Jesus, the One who made me yours. Amen.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2010 7:02 pm
March 13
We know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose.
— Romans 8:28 (NIV)

God is in our lives. He is at work right now, undoing Satan's destructive messes and leading us to places he wants us to go. This is true in everything we do and everywhere we go. The key is for us to seek his purpose, to live his will. If that is our goal, then we can be sure our God is with us every step of our way.
My Prayer...
Thank you God for being at work in my life. Thank you for not leaving me alone to my limited best effort, insight, and choice. Thank you for having a plan for me and being the assurance that I can't mess that plan up if I seek your will. Thank you for being my God, my Father, and my Partner through all of life. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

Miss DaMeanor

Dangerous Sex Symbol

Miss DaMeanor

Dangerous Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2010 5:09 pm
March 14
Make every effort to add to your faith goodness; and to goodness, knowledge; and to knowledge, self-control; and to self-control, perseverance; and to perseverance, godliness; and to godliness, brotherly kindness; and to brotherly kindness, love. For if you possess these qualities in increasing measure, they will keep you from being ineffective and unproductive in your knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ.
— 2 Peter 1:5-8 (NIV)

Wow! What a message. God wants us to be productive in our lives. He wants us to have more than just head knowledge; he wants us to put it to work in our lives and be effective and productive with it. But for me, I've got to put out some effort and try to grow in these qualities. Peter is saying, "Okay folks, God wants you to get after it and make a difference through your life!" I'm ready! Let's begin today.
My Prayer...
Holy God, I am going to put out the effort to grow in your grace. Please bless my efforts and receive them as my heartfelt appreciation for your loving me when I was unlovable and redeeming me when I was lost. I want to be productive to your glory in my life with Jesus, in whose name I pray. Amen.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 4:47 pm
March 15
It is by the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth ... Salvation is found in no one else, for there is no other name under heaven given to men by which we must be saved.
— Acts 4:10-12 (NIV)

"Jesus. Jesus. Jesus. There's just something about that name!" The words to the song are right. Salvation from what is warped and broken in our world is found in no one else. He is our Savior because he was willing to come to this world, bear our limitations, shame, and sin and then triumph over them.
My Prayer...
Through the precious name of Jesus of Nazareth, the Christ, my Lord, I thank and praise you, God Most High. Your love has given the sacrifice for my sin and your power has given me the assurance of my resurrection from the dead. Your Son's willingness to spend a lifetime with us has given me a Great High Priest who intercedes with empathy for my struggles. His example lets me know of your great love. Thank you, O God! Thank you for being so gracious and giving me such a wonderful Savior. Amen.

Miss DaMeanor

Dangerous Sex Symbol

Miss DaMeanor

Dangerous Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 5:01 pm
March 16
As God's chosen people, holy and dearly loved, clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience.
— Colossians 3:12 (NIV)

"Wonder what I'll need to wear to that meeting?" Paul reminds us that there is a set of clothing that is always in style. We wear this clothing because we are special. This clothing is from the Ultimate Designer's collection that is called character and is best worn when with other people. These qualities are hard to wear, but always a blessing to those who meet us when we're decked out in this wardrobe.
My Prayer...
Abba Father, thank you for bringing me into your family. May I never disappoint you in the way I treat others. May they see in me the qualities of character that can be attributed only to your presence in my life. To you be the glory and the honor, forever and ever, in the name of Jesus my Lord. Amen.

~Ancient Scrolls~

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff