Welcome to Gaia! ::

Veni Vidi Vici

Back to Guilds

A poll guild for fun-lovers, RPers, craziness, and hippies. 

Tags: poll, games 

Reply Nothing's coming.
So where did you get your name? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

*throws gold at ya*
  *catches gold* weee
  huh? *is hit in the head with gold*
View Results

aamiller321

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 10:33 pm
8gig harddrive but it's available in 16 and 32 also. I have no clue about the other stuff, but probably yes.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 8:43 am
aamiller321
8gig harddrive but it's available in 16 and 32 also. I have no clue about the other stuff, but probably yes.

Not a bad HDD size for something so small.
The largest "Program Files" install folder I've ever seen was 4GB, so it's still bigger then that.

As for converting video formats, this program is the best I've found...
http://www.erightsoft.com/SUPER.html
(bit of a resource hog if the startup time is any indicator, though)

And when it comes to GIF's and Dosbox, I guess you would have to have an interrest in animating and old dos games like pharoah's tomb.  

xwhateverxdudex

aamiller321

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 9:35 am
Are dos games text based? If not then what are they?  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 3:52 pm
Some of them were, but many had primitive graphics. They're just really primitive.  

purpleravenhawk
Captain

aamiller321

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 4:19 pm
purpleravenhawk
Some of them were, but many had primitive graphics. They're just really primitive.

Primitive games? Okay, but why are they called dos? Does it refer to the graphics engine?

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2010 10:03 am
aamiller321
purpleravenhawk

Primitive games? Okay, but why are they called dos? Does it refer to the graphics engine?

Because it refers to the fact that the MS-DOS operating system is the ONLY OS that many of them can even start up in. (you know dos right? - the command line OS that existed before the mouse was invented - LOL)
A lot of them start and then just die right away when you try to play them in ANY GUI based system at all.  

xwhateverxdudex

aamiller321

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2010 6:13 pm
xwhateverxdudex
aamiller321
purpleravenhawk

Because it refers to the fact that the MS-DOS operating system is the ONLY OS that many of them can even start up in. (you know dos right? - the command line OS that existed before the mouse was invented - LOL)
A lot of them start and then just die right away when you try to play them in ANY GUI based system at all.
Ahhh, I hear ya.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 7:30 am
aamiller321
xwhateverxdudex
aamiller321
purpleravenhawk

Ahhh, I hear ya.

A lot of the old dos games are freeware now because either the company went out of business, or not enough people care about it to pay for it. So the company abandons it. (It's called Abandonware) That allows people to post it online without fear of copyright punishment.  

xwhateverxdudex

aamiller321

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 4:42 pm
xwhateverxdudex
aamiller321
xwhateverxdudex
aamiller321
purpleravenhawk

Ahhh, I hear ya.

A lot of the old dos games are freeware now because either the company went out of business, or not enough people care about it to pay for it. So the company abandons it. (It's called Abandonware) That allows people to post it online without fear of copyright punishment.

I've played a few of those games... There was a website full of them but I don't remember the address...

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 11:40 am
Yeah, but unfortunately now that people can post these games online, alot of sites charge for membership so you can't download unless you join.  

xwhateverxdudex

aamiller321

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 9:27 pm
xwhateverxdudex
Yeah, but unfortunately now that people can post these games online, alot of sites charge for membership so you can't download unless you join.
Try retrogamer.com. I think that was it. It's mostly arcade games, but I would check it out anyway.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 3:00 pm
Cool...

Do they have "Jaws" and "California Raisins" ?  

xwhateverxdudex

aamiller321

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 3:29 pm
xwhateverxdudex
Cool...

Do they have "Jaws" and "California Raisins" ?
Iguess you'll have to go see.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 9:47 pm
Hey dude!!! *boot to the head*  

Tybarious

xwhateverxdudex

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 12:55 pm
~Double boot kick jump to the blue flamey eyes~

^.^

(oh, you want a "boot to the head" competition again huh? )  
Nothing's coming.

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff