Welcome to Gaia! ::

::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::

Back to Guilds

The only guild on Gaia where hardcore Resident Evil fans can come and experience complete safe haven. Welcome! 

Tags: Resident Evil, Biohazard, Raccoon City, T-Virus, Umbrella 

Reply ::Raccoon Cinema:: (Movies, Music, Etc.)
::The Official Resident Evil Movie Discussion:: Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... 23 24 25 26 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Rue S Cross

Timid Roisterer

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 2:23 pm
Yeah. Anyone who goes into a movie based on a game with high expectations is more than likely to be disappointed no matter what. One has to be a movie-buff and a gamer, be able to cover ground on both fronts, so to speak.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 3:23 pm
Nathan S. Cross
Yeah. Anyone who goes into a movie based on a game with high expectations is more than likely to be disappointed no matter what. One has to be a movie-buff and a gamer, be able to cover ground on both fronts, so to speak.

I had high expectations for Silent Hill and I wasn't disappointed. neutral  

Lord Travis

Rue S Cross

Timid Roisterer

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 3:44 pm
Lord Travis
Nathan S. Cross

I had high expectations for Silent Hill and I wasn't disappointed. neutral

There are very few exceptions.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 4:57 pm
Vash Thompson
Lord Travis
Vash Thompson
That kind of talk will probably get you banned.

Doubt it.

Moose got banned for saying similiar things, only about one of the members here.

But Moose is crazy.  

Mr. Kennedy

Gen_Acid

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 5:37 pm
The movies to me even withought high expectations were not that good.

The first one Was a little bad but i liked it immensally

Now Apoc that sucked beyond reason. Mila whatevervich as some superhuman Actionated person (i love making up words) It was horrible. And i cryed when she used her power of stair to blow the guys heads up. Was horrible.

Best part of that movie is when the reporter got eaten by all the little kids razz

I laughed so hard.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 5:53 pm
Now then, I've noticed something. Everybody I've ever talked to hates Apocalypse with a vengence...and yet they demand RE movies that are more true to the game. Perhaps we should look at this view: Apocalypse was them trying to be true to the game.

Now, if that's the best they can conjure, I absolutely hate to imagine what they'd do if they was to make all the movies true to the games.  

Rue S Cross

Timid Roisterer

Mr. Kennedy

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 7:08 pm
Nathan S. Cross
Now then, I've noticed something. Everybody I've ever talked to hates Apocalypse with a vengence...and yet they demand RE movies that are more true to the game. Perhaps we should look at this view: Apocalypse was them trying to be true to the game.

Now, if that's the best they can conjure, I absolutely hate to imagine what they'd do if they was to make all the movies true to the games.

Yah im not sure what everyones problem is with Apocalyspe.

Agreed. I wouldnt want to see exact translations of games...  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 7:48 pm
It's not about having high or low expectations, it's about having realistic expectations.
I saw the trailer. I only expected what I saw.
Alice. Jill. Carlos. Nemesis. That whole, "I'm good, but not that good" They did something to me" conversation. And basically what I saw in the trailer.

What are my expectations for the next one? Well, I know what Claire and Alice look like. That's it. I expect to see Alice in it. And I expect to see Claire in it. So far, nothing more, nothing less.  

Biohazard EXTREME

Canas Renvall
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 9:44 pm
I liked Apocalypse, to be truthful. I mean, sure, Oded Fehr wasn't the best Carlos (hell, he wasn't even South American o_o; ), and Nemesis was a total dork in the end, but overall, it had all the things that made me love the series. It had your huge mountain city. It had a bigass corporation doing wrong. It had a virus. It had people dying, then coming back to life very hungry. It had people trying their best to survive, let alone escape. To me, that was good stuff. It may have been an action movie but it was a damn good action movie. Plus LJ is really funny. :XP:

This comp can't load the pics of Claire and Alice in Extinction! I wanna see what they look like! gonk  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 10:36 pm
" On account of the informal sitiuation you can call me LJ."
That part made me laugh and my firned waved at the TV saying "Hi LJ"  

[~.Kami.Kaze.~]

Rue S Cross

Timid Roisterer

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 10:59 pm
Canas Renvall
I liked Apocalypse, to be truthful. I mean, sure, Oded Fehr wasn't the best Carlos (hell, he wasn't even South American o_o; ), and Nemesis was a total dork in the end, but overall, it had all the things that made me love the series. It had your huge mountain city. It had a bigass corporation doing wrong. It had a virus. It had people dying, then coming back to life very hungry. It had people trying their best to survive, let alone escape. To me, that was good stuff. It may have been an action movie but it was a damn good action movie. Plus LJ is really funny. :XP:

This comp can't load the pics of Claire and Alice in Extinction! I wanna see what they look like! gonk

It had the Nicholai that I 'did' like.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2006 10:32 am
Canas Renvall

Actually he did make the best Carlos. He was mature and actually looked tough and mature. And Oded Fehr himself is cool as hell.
Carlos in RE3 looked like a pretty boy punk. If anything, Oded Fehr is a great example of what the male characters in Resident Evil SHOULD look like. And by looking at Chris in RE5, it seems like they're starting to learn.  

Biohazard EXTREME

Canas Renvall
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2006 12:48 pm
Well, yeah, he's mature and all... he's just missing the ethnicity part. He's supposed to be South American, not North American. xd  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2006 1:44 pm
Canas Renvall
Well, yeah, he's mature and all... he's just missing the ethnicity part. He's supposed to be South American, not North American. xd

Oded Fehr is of Israeli ethnicity.  

Rue S Cross

Timid Roisterer

Canas Renvall
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2006 7:56 pm
Yeah, I know that, but he sounds North American, as opposed to South American like he should. I meant by his voice. If he sounded South American, he'd already have the looks. See what I mean? xd  
::Raccoon Cinema:: (Movies, Music, Etc.)

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... 23 24 25 26 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games