Welcome to Gaia! ::

THIS IS HALLOWEEN

Back to Guilds

WHERE IT IS ALWAYS HALLOWEEN (and sometimes exams) 

Tags: Halloween, Demons, Monsters, Roleplay, Academy 

Reply { Classrooms } ---------------- Classes/ Open Classes/ EXAMS ARE HERE
[Class] Acting 101 (Class A) (Homework) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

bobaTJ

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2011 6:42 pm
"Taryn," the ghoul replied, rubbing her arm. She spoke softly as she turned her head back to address Zurine. It wasn't polite to ignore her, even as awkward as this was all getting. She pushed some hair back behind her ear. Right, music. Mort had been pretending to be interested in classical music (very kind of him) and then... the furry girl.

"I've... certainly embarrassed myself enough for the day," Taryn said with an awkward little laugh, "'Exciting' isn't exactly the word I'd use, but it's... something, for certain." Even is the chimera couldn't manage to hold eye contact, she was at least trying to be social.

JetAlmeara

Ol-j-man

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2011 6:51 pm
Muka had hopped backwards after his attempt to scare the chair. The bird boil tilted his head as Mort floundered, falling on ghouls and pulling their hair. It caused the strix to burst into laughter. Mort didn't look amused but Muka didn't seem to notice.

His friends seemed to have themselves wrapped up in conversation so he lingered, still grinning, on the fringes of the groups and listened to all of their conversations. He was very attentive and he didn't make it a secret that he was watching or listening in. His golden eyes pinned each person when they spoke.

He was especially interested in Mort talking to the ghouls. Perhaps this boil was making courting attempts. It would be intriguing to observe!

Oh my, his attention span jumped, was that ghoul's tail a snake? He staaaared at it. His teeth clacked curiously. STAAARE.

Ol-j-man

Rabid Ice Weasel

iloveyouDIE

Unstoppable OTP

27,425 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Married 100
  • OTP 200

medigel

Anxious Spirit

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2011 7:06 pm
Mortimer nodded in agreement at Taryn's explanation - even a vague verbal response was better than his total inability to vocalize his own thoughts. But that was Mort for you - call it his zombie heritage, but he had quite a "follow the group's decisions" mindset. What did his opinion matter anyway?

Oh look - there was the laughter he was waiting for; a bit late, but better than never. He groaned a little, lifted his glasses, and facepalmed himself. Mort knew that cackle, even if he had only met the owner of such a sound once prior. The zombie had been hoping that his bumbling had gone unnoticed beyond the three of them. Heck, even the boil's uncanny gold eyes made him feel more self-conscious, if that were possible.

"Is snake," Mort explained to the staring Ulmuka . . . and then he himself went to accidentally staring at the ghoul's tail. "Is . . . a snake?" o3o

Rabid Ice Weasel

iloveyouDIE

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2011 7:19 pm
Abigail's head turned without Taryn's input. They had both noticed the owl-boil, but only the snake paid any attention. She seemed to be staring intently back and perhaps even trying to intimidate what might be a natural predator. Taryn perked at Mort's words, though, and both heads turned toward the zombie. Wasn't it obvious?

"Yes," she responded, blinking, "Yes, she is." The relationship between host and tail was complicated; Taryn and Abigail did not share eyes, but Taryn knew what Abigail knew. She had no control over her tail's actions, and yet they often melded in personality. For this reason, both heads then turned to Ulmuka. The red one smiled shyly, and the green one writhed slowly at the end of its scaly stalk.

iloveyouDIE

Ol-j-man

bobaTJ

Scyerline rolled 3 4-sided dice: 2, 1, 2 Total: 5 (3-12)

Scyerline

Shameless Gawker

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2011 8:52 pm
One by one, the students each took their turn to scare whatever was in that chair. Bea watched ever so intently at Raziel specifically. She never noticed how much he as matured since she first met him. Quite frankly, Bea was amazed at how well he did. When he announced it was her turn, Bea felt a bit hesitant. How could she follow that act? Not much more than a moment later, another boil had already nodded at her in apology for taking her turn. Bea didn't mind though... she didn't feel ready.

After watching Bul, Willow and another student crashing into each other, Bea felt the need to spring up from her seat. Problem is, everything was happening so fast with students going one after another, Bea was beginning to lose track of what was happening.

"Okay,"
she said to herself, "my turn..."

Bea got up from her chair, brushing off her dress and rolled her shoulders back. Her eyes fixated intensely on the chair, and on the way over, she never took her eyes off it. I AM FEAR, she thought to herself. When she finally reached her target, she focused on projecting her Fear, hair flying around her like flailing serpents. It didn't last for very long. Her dainty appearance didn't make her look any more intimidating.

Her display was rather pathetic. Turning back to Raziel and returned to her seat, embarrassed. "Ugh," she pouted, "I suck."

((score: 3))

naked satan

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2011 5:41 am
Rabid Ice Weasel

Ol-j-man

iloveyouDIE

Well the zombie was still staring at his hands and she had to lean forward just a little bit to hear him mumble out his answer but she had a name now and that Zurine decided was a step in the right direction. Even better he provided her with a name for the other Ghoul and a topic to grasp hold of. Music..she could talk about music.

"Yep" She confirmed to Mort "Just got here not to long ago, what type of music were you two talking about?" She asked the both of them.

"I suppose it was kind of silly to pretend to frighten an empty chair" She agreed "But at least we weren't the only ones doing it - the whole class had to" She pointed out hoping to lessen Taryn's feeling of embarrassment at least a little bit, I mean how foolish could you feel in a room full of fools? Which was about the time she realized that there was another boil staring at them, blinking slightly she eyed the owlish looking boil for a few moments and because she was just that sort of ghoul offered him a smile in return, though it was a bit odd that he was staring like that - of course it didn't seem like he was staring at her specifically but at Taryn..or rather Taryn's tail..and now so was Mort and Zurine had to admit it was an unusual tail.

"Does she have a name?" She asked suddenly, i mean it looked like the tail had somewhat of a mind of her own and Zurine was sudden;y insatiably curious bout just how sentient the tail was. Absently twitching her own tail she pondered the implications of having a tail that could think for itself...that could get awkward from time to time couldn't it? What if your tail decided to hate someone you liked? Or wanted to go a different way..maybe she was just over thinking the whole thing. She had a tendency to do so.

JetAlmeara

Eloquent Raider

iloveyouDIE

Unstoppable OTP

27,425 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Married 100
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2011 6:03 am
"Amazing." Muka nodded furiously when Taryn confirmed that her tail was indeed a snake. He tilted his head at the snake as it weaved in front of his vision. He started to weave right back at it, giggling a bit. He patted Mort's arm emphatically as if to say 'hey hey check this out'.

He only looked away when another ghoul asked about the tail. He perked up, not knowing her. Now that he thought about it, he hadn't introduced himself to the snake-tailed ghoul either.

"I'm Ulmuka." He grinned and swept up each ghoul's hand in one of his own and placed a kiss on the back of each. His teeth clacked dangerously close to their flesh but he did them no harm. He gave no thought to whether they wanted to be touched, kissed or otherwise. "What are your names, lovely ghouls?"

JetAlmeara

Ol-j-man

Rabid Ice Weasel

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2011 7:46 am
Edel was a little relieved that Willow returned the handshake, having unintentionally startled her with her abrupt introduction earlier. Her attention was soon directed to the horse boil who somehow knew her full first name. It was strange hearing it now – the last time she had introduced herself as such was at the floresctival.

Yes, actually ... pardon me but have we met before?” she asked sheepishly as she extended her hand to him for a handshake. “It's a pleasure to meet you -?” and funnily enough, she didn't know his name. There was a slight pause before she addressed one of his earlier comments.

I was one of them actually....” she began with a low voice “those cages ... were able to drain us of our fear” Edel had a feeling now was not the time for such talk, but if Petro would enquire further she would be more than willing to oblige. There was a slight grin that spread across her face after hearing Bul's comment, her eyes jumping to each one of them as they continued with their conversation.

LP
Huni Pi
King Inversitle

Zyphiris
Crew

Dainty Snowflake

Huni Pi

Questionable Garbage

16,950 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Clambake 200
PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2011 8:26 am
"Clumsiness' just y'r body and y'r brain not agreeing on what y' wanna do, 've found," the tikbalang good-naturedly expressed. Was he trying to make Willow and Bul feel better? Probably? Tro simply said what he thought about the matter.

"Heh, seems 'm the only one in this group who didn't go on the trip. Ah, 'm Petro. Most'v the friends've made call me Tro," he introduced as he took the limb Edel offered and gave a firm, hearty handshake. Hopefully, it hadn't been too firm for Edel. "Wanted to thank y' for taking care'v Lattice when I couldn't."

He was about to ask if there was anything he could do to show the ghoul his appreciation when Edel began to talk about what the cages had done to the students. And suddenly all traces of cheerfulness simply left the monster's face. "Lattice didn't say nothing 'bout your FEAR getting drained..."

King Inversitle

LP

Zyphiris

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2011 9:31 am
Taryn nodded to Zurine.

"Abigail," she offered, turning to look at the entirely preoccupied snake. In her natural form, all three of her heads were hers, and she was simply Taryn. In her bipedal form, things... changed. Perhaps naming her tail had been a coping mechanism from the start. Either way, host and tail were reacting to everything separately.

The chimera ghoul allowed Ulmuka to take her hand more out of shock than compliance. Who took strangers' hands like that?! When the back of her hand met the odd boil's lips, Abigail struck out in apparent fear, but was luckily unable to make contact, instead stretched to her capacity and held by connected skeletal structure. Taryn, meanwhile, just turned dark red and gave a little "oh!"

"I'm, uh... I'm Taryn,"
the ghoul replied, staring wide-eyed at the owl boil. "Pleasure t-to... meet you..."

JetAlmeara

iloveyouDIE

Ol-j-man

bobaTJ

Zyphiris
Crew

Dainty Snowflake

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2011 9:32 am
Edel was surprised but unfazed by the firm handshake she got from Tro, though, guilt began to creep over her as he mentioned Lattice. Far from it, the frost demon didn't feel as though she had done well to take care of the engraver during the terrible ordeal. There was a feeling that she had said too much when she saw the cheerfulness drain from Tro's face, out of concern for certain. She hesitated to elaborate.

Our natural abilities were being locked down ... it was rather helpless being in there ... ” Edel took care to omit the other unpleasant memories of being held captive, or how Lattice had fared. That would have, she thought, surely sent him off the tipping point. It would be best to keep mum if Lattice herself didn't want to talk about it. Oh great, now she had to find a way to veer off that topic.

We're alright now though, thanks to all who came to save us.” Cue meaningful looks at Bul and Willow.

Huni Pi
LP
King Inversitle

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2011 10:04 am
Willow nodded at Tro as he spoke. "Perhaps you're right."

Willow's face started to twitch when the cages were brought up. Flashes of that nightmare and that dreadful soulless creature were trying to come back, "Lets not talk about such things here, huh?"

Her tail flickered as she looked a bit phased, her eyes staring off into the distance, "I'd rather not think about the cages to be honest..." There was a small pause, as she scratched the back of her head before shaking it. "But yeah everyone got out of those okay, that's the important thing." She added with a definite nod.

Turning her head to look back at the stage. "I wonder what our next task is...." It was a half-hearted question, almost like she'd lost interest in being there.

Huni Pi

Zyphiris

King Inversitle

LP

Kawaii Bear

27,050 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Unleash the Beast 100
  • Lapin Patrol Avior: Victory! 50

iStoleYurVamps

iStoleYurVamps

Crew

Trash Husband

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2011 11:47 am
Hands clapped together in an exaggerated fashion as Rengath went “Bravo, Bravo My good students. Now. I am glad some of you managed to have SOME talent.” It was hard to tell if he was being mocking, or, if he was just disappointed in some of them. Pulling a small notepad from his pocket he began to list the names of the student’s scores.

• Levi: 0
  • Calder: 8 (Need pants)
  • West: 11
  • Temes:
  • Xiu-Ying: -2
  • Julian: 1* (good manners)
  • Unstabul: 0 (Send to Miss Cricket. Perhaps stage fright?)
  • Holly: -3 (BOO????)
  • Mortimer: 0
  • Willow: 0
  • Ulmuka: 6 (needs vocals)
  • Tahki Yuki: 0
  • Natalia: 0
  • Riley: 0 (Recommend creeping courses)
  • Taryn: -1
  • Edel: 0
  • Lark: 1 (Polite. Needs to work on walking)
  • Petro: 6
  • Beatrix: 2 (needs to not use FEAR)
  • Raziel: 11 (A+ Honey Badger. Find Cobra)

“As you can hopefully tell, some of you did better than others. And some of you flat out need to learn when it is time to be silly, and when it is time to be scary. Hint, this class is not the time for the former.”
Rengath looked at the horse-ish boil before checking his list. “Calder was it?” Another look to the one ‘Riley’. “Yes, well. If she so felt you up, and I were you, I would be flattered by a ghoul’s interest in me. And if I was a ghoul wanting to feel up a boil’s kilt, I would make sure not to get caught.” Another glace at his list. “Unstanbul, if you suffer from injuries, please go see Miss Cricket for healing. While your cries of pain can be frightening, an injured monster is a weak monster and not very intimidating. Plus the gnomes just cleaned this place and got rid of the blood stains.” More looks to his list. Watching the ghoul who used her FEAR to manipulate her hair, Rengath sighed. “Beatrix was it?” Fingers tapped on his nnotepad. “That was a good effort but I’d like to see what you can do without FEAR next time. You look quite lovely and might confuse a human at a distance. Scaring isn’t just about shock value, it’s also about presentation. I’ll cover more of this at the end of class, along with your scores.”

It was then that Ulmuka got a smile. “While I do love a good romance, this isn’t the place. See me after class.” Not that bad so far as classes went.
Only one student had yet to go, but he didn’t want to hold the class back. “Temes, please see me after class as well. Now-”

The arrival of a student in the middle of class was received with less than a warm welcome. “I do not know what prompts a student into thinking that coming into a class after it has started is alright.” His voice was not raised, but it was definitely cold. “But when I start class I start class. I do not wait for those who decide to be late. I also do not approve of you ‘joining in’ on this class’s training exercise. You will leave the class and return on time at the next class.”
Quote:

((OOC Note: Zurine is being kicked out of class due to coming in after class started and having failed to ask if this was alright. She is free to sign up for the other class.))

“ I am going to pair you up and I want you to try and scare each other. Same as before, no natural abilities. And No FEAR either. But, do NOT touch your partner. The idea is to not have to come into contact here, and to get a rise with as little effort as possible. And please don’t… run around like a bunch of headless gnomes. Focus. Focus. FOCUS!”
Arms waved in the arm dramatically as he repeated the words for emphasis. “Now, your partners are as follows. If you get stuck with a partner deal with it. In the real world, you don’t get to always pick who you scare. And frankly I don’t want to play partner pass along.”
Pairs

• Levi- Beatrix
  • Xiu-Ying- Lark
  • Julian-Petro
  • Unstabul-Temes
  • Holly-Ulmuka
  • Mortimer-Edel
  • Willow-Riley
  • Tahki Yuki-Raziel
  • Natalia-West
  • Taryn-Calder

Dice Mechanics

Snots (year one): Roll two D4
Knobs (year two): Roll two D6

The first dice determines how immune to your partner’s attempt you are, devided by 2. (IE: roll a 6, defense is 3. Roll a 1, defense is .5)
The second is how effective the attempt was. Take the attempt, MINUS the defense, and that becomes your total.
Up to 2 points can be given or taken away depending on what your student does.

There was a slight mix up on the lists but it should be fixed.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2011 12:38 pm
Mort decided to take the teacher's words as a stab at complimenting, which he wasn't sure was better or worse than saying some of them sucked. ;w; He wanted to stay with his little group though, but when "Mr. Ringuth" kicked Zurine out the zombie shrunk back a little and decided from then on that no matter how addictive games were, he probably should make sure to get to class early from now on; at the least he tried a wave of goodbye at the monster before she left.

Right. Partners. Talking with the others would have to wait . . . ;WWW;

At the least the teacher had paired him with someone he knew. "Um, heyo," Mort greeted Edel as he shifted his chair more towards her. "Y-You ready?" From what conversation had been going on there, they had been talking about the cages draining . . . draining FEAR?

His face furrowed. That would explain why Freya had looked so terrible . . .

medigel

Anxious Spirit

iloveyouDIE rolled 2 4-sided dice: 1, 3 Total: 4 (2-8)

iloveyouDIE

Unstoppable OTP

27,425 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Married 100
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2011 12:42 pm
Ulmuka blinked unevenly when the teacher asked to see him after class. This was a first for him! Did the instructors usually smile if you were in trouble? It didn't seem like the dangerous sort of smile his father was often prone to. Hmmm.. The strix decided that further contemplation was pointless. he would just do as instructed and see how it went from there.

For now he had a partner to scare.. Who was Holly again? The strix sort of shuffled side to side for a moment until those who knew each other drifted close. After that happened he used his common sense to finger the ghoul with the fox tail as his partner.

"How do you do Holly.. I am SCRRRRRRRRRRRREEEE!!!" SURPRISE!! He used the voice this time, flaring himself up again with his wings out and his eyes wide. His talons flexed at the air as he did his best at scaring the ghoul.

He didn't really approve of scaring ghouls for no reason and once his scare was finished he burst into a round of giggles because he thought his method was so clever. "I'm.. Muka by the way.." He snickered.

[[ Scare Effectiveness: 3 - .5 = 2.5 ]]

elvyralani

{ Classrooms } ---------------- Classes/ Open Classes/ EXAMS ARE HERE

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas