CrimsonKlaw

Profitable Businessman

3,200 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2018 5:55 pm
Sabriel Thurirl

"Honestly, that'd be perfect. It'll let me keep asking you some questions, since I don't know much about the inner workings of this place, or even know much about you for that matter."

Leon retrieved his back from where he left it, as he knew there wasn't anyone around to want to take it. He walked back over, taking note of how nice the water looked at this time of night. Where he came from there wasn't really an opportunity to appreciate moments like this, or even sights like this. The city could have its own charms, but nothing could beat that quiet wash of the waves. It made him regret not having anybody to experience things like this with.

"Hey, Callisto? Do you ever feel lonely? And...I don't mean lonely like boredom or not having a significant other. Just, like there's nobody to talk to, or to share moments with."  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2018 8:26 am
Callisto Piscis-Piscis
Adventurous Mermaid

User Image As she'd been waiting for him to get his bag, her eyes wandered around the area. She considered getting her pack as well. It did have some jewelry she'd made and other items she'd meant to sell. Being in the village made acquiring clothes the way she preferred to a bit difficult as well. Should she buy at least one other dress? Would anyone be selling them now? She noticed a rock formation that looked familiar. Not just because it'd been where she had hidden from Leon earlier. But for another reason. She stared at it blankly for a moment. Then realized that she must have stored her pack on it somewhere! Right! There was a part sticking out like a hook! She thought to herself, looking over at Leon as he returned. She smiled and stepped towards the rock, ready to retrieve her belongings. His curious question gave her pause and she followed his line of vision to the ocean. She saw the moon's reflection as well, but thought of how different it looked from above instead of beneath the surface. Where she'd come from, she couldn't see the moonlight. Her birthplace was too far down. The only light came from the natural markings of her people and some of the other creatures.

User ImageBut this wasn't something she could share with Leon, or any outsider for that matter. Could she make up a lie? Something similar? She knew it wouldn't be believable. He knew too much about dark elves. More than she did. Was it something that would be important for a friend to know? It seemed too small of a thing to mention. They could be friends even if she were keeping lots of secrets from him, right? She was so accustomed to speaking without thinking except for when it was about anything really important. She gave his question a bit more thought. Her smile faded and her face relaxed as she continued to stare at the water's surface. Did he have friends like that where he came from? Where he came from had he had thoughts like this before?
"I think I know what you're talking about. You want to be open about your thoughts and feelings with someone you really trust but not a mate. Like a close friend? Right now we're looking at the same thing but I wonder how different this same thing is to either of us?" She looked over to him and smiled lightly. Did she guess right or had she gotten distracted again? "That close kind of friendship sounds really nice. I gotta say I've never had someone I was super close to like that so it's difficult to imagine. Did you have a close friend like that where you came from?"

Knight Of The Dark Void

Sabriel Thurirl

Hygienic Gawker

CrimsonKlaw

Profitable Businessman

3,200 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2018 6:11 pm
Sabriel Thurirl

Leon continued looking at the water for about a minute, thinking. He eventually took a deep breath, and turned around, facing her.

"To be honest...no. I had almost no friends back home. Part of it was the fact that I spent a majority of my time practicing Taekwondo. The other part is because I didn't trust half of them. I've never really had someone to confide in, and especially never had any form of girlfriend, or form of 'mate'."

If Leon was being honest, he did want to find someone to have that form of relationship, but didn't think anyone genuinely would want something like that.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2018 1:19 am
Callisto Piscis-Piscis
Adventurous Mermaid

User Image Callisto looked up at him when he turned to face her and listened intently. She'd learned a bit about human relationships since she'd first come up to live on the surface. Although she had been very curious to know, understandably the couples she'd see and then approach weren't too keen on explaining it. Something about being observed like specimens in an experiment? Was that how they'd described it? Still, she got the gist of what sorts of relationships humans had with one another and it wasn't that much unlike what she was familiar with. The biggest difference being relationships seemed more driven by emotion and feelings than anything else. Though she didn't have a good grasp on the concept of love she'd been most intrigued by friendship. Maybe because none of her friends back home wanted to come with her.

User ImageUp here she'd made many friends but none she could be particularly close to. They also didn't share with her in the way he was describing. It seemed like a normal thing for people to have those sorts of relationships though. So revealing this to her meant that he'd shared something that could be embarrassing? So, he'd shared a secret about himself?! Like true friends! She smiled as she looked up at him, trying to hide her excitement.
"We're friends though, right? So let's go have some fun adventures together!" She said cheerfully and, no longer able to hold back her excitement, she gave him another big hug.

Knight Of The Dark Void

Sabriel Thurirl

Hygienic Gawker

CrimsonKlaw

Profitable Businessman

3,200 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2018 1:51 am
Sabriel Thurirl

Leon was quite surprised when Callisto hugged him. This girl seemed quite friendly, and almost...innocent in a way. But she trusted him, and that was more than he could ask for, especially considering how some of the people back home would rather see him drown in his own loneliness. Leon smiled, and almost hugged her back.

"Well, first thing's first, we need some rest. Should we head to the inn?"

It was almost funny, Callisto had made a man, who usually was very cocky or kept to himself, open up to her, and feel accepted in her eyes.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2018 2:49 am
Callisto Piscis-Piscis
Adventurous Mermaid

User ImageCallisto relaxed her hold on him a bit in order to look up at him as he reminded her that he was tired. "Oh, that's right." She realized that he wasn't hugging her back and thought it was a bit weird. But decided not to dwell on it as she let go of him. She turned to start going that way but realized that she'd need money to get a room. She touched her shoulder and upon not feeling her pack there realized that she had yet to get it back. "Ah. I have to get my pack. I'll be a few minutes. The inn's that way if you want to get a head start." She pointed in the direction of the inn and then turned towards the rocks. She climbed up fairly easily despite the leather boots she was wearing. Her gaze was up towards her bag. She considered how much time they'd been out here talking and how long it had been since she'd been in the water. Her skin was starting to feel dry and itchy. But she still had time.

User ImageOnce at the top she picked up the pack she'd left dangling up there. She caught movement a ways down the beach and peered down. She could see at least two people and thought about going over to greet them. If she didn't already have somewhere to be with her new friend, she would've. She climbed back down, jumping the last few feet. As she hurried to catch up to Leon she pulled a hooded cloak and gloves out to cover up her skin. Her markings were still just a little bit visible through the dress so the cloak was necessary. She was grateful again that Leon hadn't demanded an explanation or something. She finished buttoning it up as she caught up with Leon and pulled her hood up to conceal her face.
"There were other people on the beach! It's really unusual. Most people arrive at the docks since it's the sea is so dangerous here. Four people in one night. It's really not something you see everyday! I wonder if they couldn't afford tickets?"

User ImageShe adjusted her gloves and overall did one final check to make sure she was covered up. She didn't want anyone seeing her markings in town and had spent every night like this. It was hot and uncomfortable. But during the day the sun provided another problem. She glanced up at him before looking back ahead as they neared the village.
"So you said you spent most of your time training and didn't have time to find good people. Didn't your mother pick out a girlfriend for you? Where I come from a parent will step in and pick a mate for you if you haven't found one by adulthood." As she said, it was the way these things were settled where she came from. She left out that a mate was essentially equivalent to a husband or wife as she didn't think it was important to mention. It was a different culture. Callisto would continue to talk with him as she lead him to the inn. She knew a bit about certain areas of the island but hadn't been everywhere just yet. Her answers would be honest, but often the useful information would be accompanied with lots of rambling less than important facts.

Knight Of The Dark Void

Sabriel Thurirl

Hygienic Gawker

CrimsonKlaw

Profitable Businessman

3,200 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2018 6:02 pm
Sabriel Thurirl

"Well, humans generally don't do that anymore. There are a few wealthy families that still operate by that tradition, but mine certainly doesn't. Humans kind of have an odd fixation with the idea of freedom, and as a result, we don't tend to like anything that puts forth any idea of control over someone else."

Leon knew a couple people who had their wives picked for them, but they were sons of businessmen and important officials, so they weren't very good examples.

"I don't really think any girl would be happy if someone's parents would be happy with me having their daughter on my arm. I mean, I practice most of the day, I've been studying this island for a long time, I don't think any girl that approached me was being genuine."  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2018 3:23 am
Callisto Piscis-Piscis
Adventurous Mermaid

User Image"Hmm... Humans are more complicated than I thought." She tilted her head slightly, eyes ahead as she thought about what he'd said. Something about it had bothered her. What was it about him that would make someone unhappy to be his girlfriend? She'd only just met him but she didn't think there was anything all that weird about him. He didn't even seem to mind that she'd returned the wrong boat to him. When most people would be upset about it he didn't so much as raise his voice at her. But there was a common theme that even someone as easily distracted as she was could notice. Several times now he'd mentioned not being able to trust people. She didn't understand what he meant. He seemed all right to her so why was he afraid to be open with other people? Why was he comfortable talking with her when they'd only known each other for a few hours?

User Image
"Ah, right. Well, I don't know, Leon. We've only known each other for a short while but I think you're underestimating yourself. You've got something you're passionate about. You've got a good body and when you smile you're more handsome than you think you are. I don't know anything about those girls you mentioned but maybe they just saw a good looking guy and wanted to get to know you better. Without having a chance to get to know you, they won't be able to know you. You know?" In a rare moment of forethought Callisto had decided to drop a hint that he should smile more if he wanted to look more approachable. When they'd first met she'd thought he was furious with her. But it seemed that when he was thinking he just looked really angry? But when he smiled he looked nice. She didn't think about the possibility that by genuine he meant that those girls had aimed to use him for whatever reason. Manipulating others for one's person gain was for the most part a foreign concept to her. Before meeting him she didn't even know about hunters, having spent so much of her life far out of reach of those types. The only threats she was concerned about were those from home... and stray cats.

User ImageThe concept of freedom as humans thought of it was pretty extreme in her opinion. Least that's what she assumed. But who was she to talk when she too had left her tribe to wander around the surface world by herself? All to satisfy her curiosity? As they reached the village she looked at him and pointed in the direction of the inn with a smile.
"It's this way!" She guided him right to the inn from there without stopping to ask if he needed to shop around first.

Knight Of The Dark Void
((Exit to: Sweet Sleep Inn ))

Sabriel Thurirl

Hygienic Gawker

CrimsonKlaw

Profitable Businessman

3,200 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2018 11:52 pm
Sabriel Thurirl

Leon and Callisto arrived at the coast again, where they had first met. Leon smiled, and took a deep breath, enjoying the smell of the ocean. Finally, he clapped his hands together.

"Alright! So, what rules do we want to set for this? No holds barred, anything goes, or do we want more of a little practice?"

Leon, by nature, was excited to finally be fighting on the island.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2018 4:27 am
Callisto Piscis-Piscis
Adventurous Mermaid

User Image She smiled lightly, tilting her head as she undid the buttons on her cloak. "Well, we should try to avoid harming hands and faces. No weapons either, for now. But honestly I can't make any promises except to say that I'm not aiming for a kill here. I don't want you to hold back either." She tossed her cloak onto the ground and stepped a few paces away from it to be in a more open space. She rolled the long sleeves of her dress above her forearms, as far as the somewhat clingy material would go. Then shifted on her feet, focusing on Leon to see if he'd come at her first.

Knight Of The Dark Void

((Enter From: Village Square ))

Sabriel Thurirl

Hygienic Gawker

CrimsonKlaw

Profitable Businessman

3,200 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2018 4:56 pm
Sabriel Thurirl

Leon stretched a bit, then tightened up his gloves, not removing his black jacket.

"got it. We'll go until one of us tell the other they give up. Better not blink."

With that statement, Leon began his footwork, putting up his fists, and dropping his smile. After a short time, Leon burst forward at Callisto, seemingly not even running. When he got close, he pushed his right foot outward, forcing himself off to Callisto's right side. Leon spun on his other foot, executing a spinning hook kick driven right toward Callisto's back with immense force.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2018 2:00 am
Callisto Piscis-Piscis
Adventurous Mermaid

User Image Callisto couldn't help but smirk at his confidence. She didn't dislike it, but rather found it to be exciting. He'd be the first human she'd ever fought with and that too so exciting! She was watching his every move intently, wanting to learn, and was amazed by how quickly he was able to move. He was coming at her, so she started to lunge towards him with one balled up fist ready to hit his chest. Then he moved, and she couldn't keep up with where him. But she was already in motion moving forward, which softened the blow to her back. The moment he made contact, that area of her back erupted into pain. The dense composition of her flesh and bones would make it feel like hitting a block of metal. Where she'd been kicked her flesh tingled and stung. Pain ignited her senses and made her feel like this was truly a fight with more at stake than she'd originally thought. She still didn't expect he'd try to kill her, nor did she plan on trying to kill him. But it made their exchanges all the more significant. That hit of his felt like she'd been rammed by a shark. She wouldn't be surprised it her skin or dress had been cut, though she knew that a human's skin wasn't the same as a sharks. As she turned to charge at him again she wondered how one of his kicks would compare with getting shot by a gun.

User Image She was still smirking and her lilac colored eyes were practically glowing with excitement behind the thick dark lenses of her sunglasses. As she turned, she shifted her weight on her feet to be leaning forward. Then kicked off of the sand, thrusting one arm towards him with her fingers extended while the other arm was bent towards her chest and by her side. She curled her fingers into her palm to form a fist as she aimed a punch at his chest while running towards him. She was so used to combat in her natural, fishy form that she had forgotten that on land she didn't have claws. She was using full strength, taking him seriously as an opponent. If her punch hit home, she'd follow up with another punch aimed at his side with much less strength behind it.

Knight Of The Dark Void

Sabriel Thurirl

Hygienic Gawker

CrimsonKlaw

Profitable Businessman

3,200 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2018 5:50 pm
Sabriel Thurirl

Leon's reflexes sharpened upon seeing her rush forward, and waited for her strike to get close enough. He used his left arm to redirect her punch off to the side, and returning a punch to her stomach. Upon landing the hit, Leon relaxed.

"It's okay! Adapt, and look for my gaps. You absolutely have an advantage in raw strength! Just mix me up a bit!"

He returned to his stance and footwork, taunting her to come back at him using his advice. He knew he was tempting fate, as she could easily break any of his bones with a solid grip. It was quite literally a game of keep away.  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2018 6:58 am
Callisto Piscis-Piscis
Adventurous Mermaid

User Image She grunted as his fist made contact with her arm, then her stomach. Just like her back pain spread where he'd hit her, tingling and stinging. If she cared to analyze, she would've realized that it didn't hurt as much as his kick had. She looked up at him as he taunted her and responded with a playful smirk. "Plenty of talk from a man who jumps around like a fly!" She teased in return, crouching slightly as she started after him again. How was he so fast? How did he compare to other humans? She knew that he was different, probably due to his martial arts. The sight of his skin slick with sweat from the morning was something she wouldn't soon forget. But she had her pride too. She was one of the best hunters from her tribe and had no intention of letting herself be played with like this.

User Image With a growing smile, she ran towards him with her arms up in front of her. She threw more punches, somehow he dodged or deflected them. She tried once more, throwing a punch at his shoulder while at the same time stepping in towards him as quickly as she could manage. She wanted to get close enough to lightly flick his forehead with her other hand. A playful gesture meant to 'mix things up'.

Knight Of The Dark Void

Sabriel Thurirl

Hygienic Gawker

CrimsonKlaw

Profitable Businessman

3,200 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2018 4:28 pm
Sabriel Thurirl

Leon proceeded to effortlessly deal with her advance. Though it was good for her to pressure him and make him think a little. When she stepped toward him while going for his shoulder, he quickly realized he had become too relaxed. He pivoted on his foot, attempting to make the punch hit nothing but air. He didn't see the simple flick coming toward his head. When The fist closed in, he braced after noticing. It was too fast to react to from where he was.

When a light touch was what he was met with, he became confused, then a little angry at himself. He chuckled, then slid back. His expression became a bit darker, as he readied again.

"Come at me with everything you've got. Playtime is over. I don't want to see any pulled punches."

With that, Leon bolted forward again, almost faster than before, beginning to assault her with fast hits, and feints going into other moves. As the mix-up strategy continued, Leon became impatient, feeling as if Callisto was holding back.

"Make me respect the strength you have!!! Is this all!?"  
Vampire Island: Main Areas

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces