Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2013 8:22 pm
She rounded her shoulders still not lifting her gaze. "Arceus... and I know that..." She breathed to herself. "I've been watching it happen... and I expected it to happen."
pulling back, lowering her hand from her face, but still not looking up.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2013 8:25 pm
"Well it's probably gonna keep happening for a while," she pointed out as Rosie stepped back, "it's only been a couple weeks so far." Expecting it wasn't exactly what she'd been thinking though - expecting something to happen and watching it happen were different from understanding what was happening. "Well, it's kinda obvious that you're feeling really crappy about it," she said with a light tilt of her head, watching Rosie carefully. "How do you think he feels? Like, seriously. How d'you think he feels about it?"  

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2013 8:35 pm
"I don't care how I feel about it, I'm worried I've upset him. Upset him, the last thing he needs." She looked up at Sera desperately "He can't even get out of bed in the morning on his own, I catch that look on his face whenever I have to simply move him from one side of the room to the other because he can't even use his arms to move his wheelchair. There is not a single thing he need to do that he can do on his own, on top of that he's getting sicker, he can't sleep as it is and the coughing is not helping, and now he's running a fever!" She shook her head "I've seen how he feels, he's an independent, strong person who must feel so embarrassed and so frustrated trying to be patient with everything that's happening, and us constantly being around to do every single little thing for him."
she shook her head forcefully bunching her shoulders again and lowering her voice to a whimper "I was just hoping his patience would hold on a little longer so his back could heal."  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2013 8:50 pm
She knew he had a cold but she didn't know how bad it was getting, and the thought of it made her frown. Well being sick certainly wouldn't help anything. "Well, if it helps at all, I'm pretty sure once it passes a certain point, then pretty much everything is gonna be upsetting no matter what it is or who did it or anything. At least," she added, "that's how it was for me. At some point everything just made me really upset and angry, whether it should've or not, because I was just so frustrated at everything. I wouldn't be even a little surprised if that's how he's started feeling, so you shouldn't feel like you did anything wrong. And I didn't want to wait either; I kept trying to do everything myself as early as I possibly could even though I should've waited. You just gotta let him try anyway. Even if making him wait would be better for his body healing, it's not good for his heart healing, or his head." She paused with a frown, trying to backpedal and figure out if there was a better way to phrase it because that sounded really dumb. "Well, like.. Something like that, anyway. I think if he can't try things himself when he wants to, it'll just make him a lot more frustrated than if he tries and fails, but at least he would've tried. At least he tried and found out for himself that no, he should wait more before he should try again. Uhh..." The girl paused again with another frown, then looked up at Rosie, "Does that make sense?"  

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2013 8:57 pm
Rosie listened to what Sera was trying to tell her, and when she asked her if she understood the blond gave a gentle nod in reply.
She wished that reasoning could be of some help, but she supposed that's just not the kind of people Sera and Luke had ever been. Sera understood better than Rosie did, at least be able to talk to Rosie back to a state were she understood that again.

She felt ashamed that she couldn't get a hold of herself when it mattered. But grateful that Sera was there to remind her.
lifting her gaze again to the hall behind Sera.
"Yes... It makes sense."  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2013 8:59 pm
"Okay." Well good, at least she seemed to understand; maybe she hadn't done as awful a job at explaining as she thought she had. As Rosie looked back down the hall (again), Sera did as well before returning her focus to the blonde once more. "Think we should go check on him again?"  

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2013 9:06 pm
Hesitating, Rosie shook her head lightly, looking as if she would rather not have to make that choice. "Maybe... maybe in a little bit."
The idea of going in there now scared her a little, if he managed to get in the chair on his own then he could come out... she didn't suspect he would call for help if he couldn't but if he wasn't done trying then she would rather avoid a repeat of last time.

The cooking had been abandoned in the kitchen, Pop at leasing having the foresight to turn the burner off as Rosie had taken to sitting on the armrest in silence, with her hands clenched in her lap listening as closely, listening as closely as she could.
Hattie sitting by one of the other seats watching as well, with a worried expression before looking over as her trainer moved.

It was when she heard a length of stillness that Rosie pushed herself up, and made her way to the hall, she paused in front of the door, wondering what to do next before she decided to knock lightly on the wood.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2013 9:17 pm
There was no reply this time from beyond the door.  

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2013 9:21 pm
Her eyes traced the wood grooved of the door as she waited for a reply, or even just a noise from the other side, when there was none her eyes fell instead to the handle of the door.
"...." reaching out the turned it, opening it quietly. Eyes flicking from the wheelchair to the floor where they had left Luke.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2013 9:23 pm
Sera, who had followed Rosie as they approached his room, frowned at the lack of a response and peered over the blonde's shoulder as the girl opened his door.  

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2013 9:27 pm
It was evident from a glance that Luke had tried his best to accomplish what he said he would. The wheelchair had been grappled and jostled so desperately that it was no longer within a feasible vicinity for him to reach. Having failed in his first goal, he had apparently decided to at least return himself to the bed, as evidenced by the haphazard arrangement of sheets half pulled from the mattress.

The individual in question seemed to have abandoned all efforts and settled in the first marginally comfortable posture he had found, leaning with all the grace of a rag doll against the bed for support, one arm still raised and clutching loosely at the fabric. His face pallid and breathing shallow, it was an easy conclusion to assume that he had expended every ounce of strength and willpower on frustration and stubborn, fruitless effort. He shivered intermittently as if cold, conscious by all appearances but not acknowledging that the door had opened.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2013 9:34 pm
Rosie did a quick survey of the scene before she found where Luke had ended up.
This broke her heart, despite her worry she had hoped that he would be able to do it, despite his condition.
"Luke...?" She spoke from the door way, to try and make him aware of their presence.  

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2013 9:38 pm
A sudden shifting of his posture indicated that he had likely heard her, but his response was to turn his head to hide his face in the bend of his elbow. In all honesty, he was bitterly ashamed. After all his shouting and insisting and bad attitude, he couldn't even make it back to where he had started.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2013 9:43 pm
her shoulders fell at his response, she could only imagine how difficult this had been for him, and he didn't seem to be trying anymore.
stepping into the room, the blond made her way over to where he was half on the bed. "Can I help you?"  

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2013 9:45 pm
In all honesty, she wasn't that surprised he hadn't been able to do it - not that she knew fully what he'd been trying to do. Get out of bed himself? To his wheelchair probably, but obviously he hadn't fully accomplished it. At least he'd gotten himself out of bed, though probably not exactly how he'd intended to. As Rosie moved to ask to help him, Sera moved too, but instead she knelt down on the floor next to him and put her arms on the mattress in a similar manner. "You okay?" While he answered 'fine' before, she couldn't help but wonder if he'd answer differently now.  
Roleplay

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff