Welcome to Gaia! ::

RP for Fantasy, Love, and Action

Back to Guilds

A fun place to role-play with Gaians of all ages and skill levels in a variety of genres 

Tags: Roleplaying, RPing, Fantasy, Romance, Action 

Reply U/C
"The Inquisitors." (OOC Thread) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Interested? And what name is better?
  Yes, "The Inquisitors"
  Yes, "The Invaders"
  No, "The Inquisitors"
  No, "The Invaders"
View Results

Crimson Isen

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2014 6:34 pm
This sounds absolutely brilliant!
I'm so glad you put so much thought into this story.
I wanted to ask you a few questions, but after reading this thread, maybe these question can be answered through the progression of the story.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2014 6:56 pm
Know knowing that the Arch-villain can control the dead, glad I scrapped the original idea of Lowsley being a Lich, and Morris a walking corpse.  

The_Sane_Hatter

Wheezing Shade

8,200 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Millionaire 200
  • Partygoer 500

Lord Sithious

Dangerous Businessman

7,700 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2014 1:48 pm
Crimson Isen
This sounds absolutely brilliant!
I'm so glad you put so much thought into this story.
I wanted to ask you a few questions, but after reading this thread, maybe these question can be answered through the progression of the story.

Thanks! Sorry I didn't reply sooner by the way, but there was no notice to let me know anyone commented recently, so I just kinda missed it. sweatdrop Yeah, quite a bit will show itself during the progression of the story, but please feel free to ask me any questions you may have!  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2014 1:50 pm
The_Sane_Hatter
Know knowing that the Arch-villain can control the dead, glad I scrapped the original idea of Lowsley being a Lich, and Morris a walking corpse.

xd Yeah, that may have made things a tad odd. Besides, I kinda like Lowsley and Morris the way they are for some reason. 3nodding I'm very much looking forward to bringing as many elements into this story as possible, but I'll have to wait and see where we go before I pull too much in.  

Lord Sithious

Dangerous Businessman

7,700 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200

Xela_The_Red

Versatile Citizen

3,200 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2014 4:02 pm
Lord Sithious

Well it sounds like an interesting game fun to play, is the gameplay anything like Left 4 Dead? that and Walking dead are really the only other zombies games I played. Yeah it can be, my personal favorite prop is the computer mouse even if its a bit cheatish. I forgot the with but yeah so they spawn with armor I can see how that can help in tougher modes, because being slaughtered isn't fun =3. Damn really? My internet can become pretty slow if its cold enough then a little bit of snow and its gone, I was about say something myself about how many ooc posts we were doing.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2014 4:16 pm
Xela_The_Red
Lord Sithious

Well it sounds like an interesting game fun to play, is the gameplay anything like Left 4 Dead? that and Walking dead are really the only other zombies games I played. Yeah it can be, my personal favorite prop is the computer mouse even if its a bit cheatish. I forgot the with but yeah so they spawn with armor I can see how that can help in tougher modes, because being slaughtered isn't fun =3. Damn really? My internet can become pretty slow if its cold enough then a little bit of snow and its gone, I was about say something myself about how many ooc posts we were doing.

Ah, this will probably be much more comfortable to be posting in. Gets in the way less of the actual roleplay. sweatdrop It is a pretty good game I have to admit! Well, it is an FPS, but it's gameplay is probably closer to something like Half Life I think. There are still some creatures similar to the ones in Left 4 Dead, but the game takes place in singular map areas where you have to kill all the zombies before you get to the final boss. There are some maps that have objectives and point A to point B type gameplay, but a lot of these were player made, not originally made by the company who made the game. However, the game has some nifty elements L4D didn't have, for instance you can weld doors shut to keep zombies out, you have a reusable syringe to boost your health (works best when you're a medic), there's a HUGE selection of guns to work with (most guns work better with certain classes, but you can use any gun you want from any class, as long as there aren't any server rules against it, but that's a server thing, the game itself doesn't enforce any rules like that). Also, armor is handy to have as well as it means you don't die nearly as quickly, and in harder difficulties, death becomes much more likely. I'm even struggling on normal mode right now to be honest, but granted that's single player and there are no bots to support me. xd A computer mouse? Really? That is a bit cheatish, but that's absolutely hilarious! Yeah, having armor on the harder modes is practically a necessity, unless you take less damage, but even then you're kinda gambling. I'm level 3 right now though, so I got a ways to go before I have armor. Also on level 6, you get to spawn with another gun. Usually you only start with a pistol (for medic at least) but level 6 gives you a machine gun. Oh, and to get new weapons, ammo, and armor, you need to kill zombies to increase your cash, and you spend cash on what you want. Starting off with a machine gun makes it easier to get money, and it means you don't need to spend any on a better gun right off the bat. That really is handy in a pinch. Also, I think there's a class called "support" that deals with shotguns and welding, and if I am right, they can weld your armor, so they are REALLY handy to have around in a big fight, and they'll save you a bit of money too. Still, medic so far has been the safest bet for me, so I'll probably stick with it. xp Ouch that sucks! Well, I guess the thing with Canada is our internet connections can be decent (really depends on who your provider is I guess), but the thing that sucks is we're such a big country, with such a low population, that in some places there isn't even a provider to get you internet, so that's kinda where our internet is lacking. Yeah, well it's good we at least recognized it was filling up a lot. sweatdrop I think I've had complaints before about OOC posts though, so that's kinda why I wanted to bring it over here, just so it doesn't fill up the in character thread too much, and also so this OOC one gets more use out of it.

Oh, btw, sorry for the wall of text. sweatdrop  

Lord Sithious

Dangerous Businessman

7,700 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200

Xela_The_Red

Versatile Citizen

3,200 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2014 4:38 pm
Lord Sithious

Yeah most definitely more comfortable. Huh so its plays like Half life? interesting, so there are different types of zombies like L4D but rather than running around its all in one place, thats actually kinda nice all that running around gets annoying =3. Welding doors sounds very very nice, the fact there is also classes is nice though admittedly I would probably go with the highest damage dealing one. Huh so its easier to play multiple player then, I guess that makes sense. Yeah a computer mouse is one of the smaller props from what I have seen and its awesome. Yeah armor is always good in most any game, and then toss in a machine gun and your set ^_^. So basically kill zombies get cash to get weapons to kill more zombies, pretty basic formula =3. Hmm support actually sounds like a pretty nice class to play shot guns are my favorite in zombie games. Yeah provider is pretty important, ours is great in most cases but through some cold weather and snow and there is gonna be some problems. Yes the OOC thread needs some more use and i don't mind the wall of text as long as you don't expect a really fast reply =3  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2014 4:56 pm
Xela_The_Red
Lord Sithious

Yeah most definitely more comfortable. Huh so its plays like Half life? interesting, so there are different types of zombies like L4D but rather than running around its all in one place, thats actually kinda nice all that running around gets annoying =3. Welding doors sounds very very nice, the fact there is also classes is nice though admittedly I would probably go with the highest damage dealing one. Huh so its easier to play multiple player then, I guess that makes sense. Yeah a computer mouse is one of the smaller props from what I have seen and its awesome. Yeah armor is always good in most any game, and then toss in a machine gun and your set ^_^. So basically kill zombies get cash to get weapons to kill more zombies, pretty basic formula =3. Hmm support actually sounds like a pretty nice class to play shot guns are my favorite in zombie games. Yeah provider is pretty important, ours is great in most cases but through some cold weather and snow and there is gonna be some problems. Yes the OOC thread needs some more use and i don't mind the wall of text as long as you don't expect a really fast reply =3

Agreed! 3nodding Bit like Half Life. I haven't played much Counter Strike before, but it might be similar to that as well. Yeah, it can be nice to have single places to fight in, but with such a creative user base as well, there are always a lot of cool maps popping up that help keep things new and challenging! Yeah, welding doors definitely comes in handy, especially when you've got enemies coming at you from a million directions at once. xd One time though, some poor unfortunate chap was trying to weld a door when the boss showed up, tried to seal him into a building I guess. Well, the boss had a rocket launcher, so that door and the guy welding it didn't last long. xd Yeah, classes can help people with varying specialties to work more efficiently together. I would usually go with the biggest damage dealer as well, but unfortunately I have a tendency to get myself ripped to shreds, so health is always something I tend towards. xp Well, it's sometimes easier to play multiplayer. The draw back is more enemies show up, and some of them are VERY tough. It really depends on your capabilities I suppose. That certainly would be an interesting way to hide. xd Absolutely! And considering my tendency to run into the thick of a battle, it's almost a necessity for me. xp Yup, that pretty much sums it up. blaugh Basic, but effective I must say though. Yeah, plus the hunting shotgun is an absolute BEAST from what I've seen so far! xd I use that and duel wielded Desert Eagles when I need to take down the big guys! Ah, I see. Most of our providers are decent for most kinds of weather, but it varies a lot from place to place, even just within our town. Indeed, but no worries, walls of text tend to get another wall of text in response. xd Now I just hope more people post in the actual roleplay! Things have slowed down yesterday and today. sweatdrop  

Lord Sithious

Dangerous Businessman

7,700 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200

Xela_The_Red

Versatile Citizen

3,200 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2014 5:17 pm
Lord Sithious

Hmm well I have never played Counter Strike so I thats not helpful ^_^ but I get the kinda game it is now, yeah when a game has a good fanbase and its mod-dable you can expect some awesome stuff, and some creepy stuff as well. Yeah welding doors is useful for holing yourself up well till you face a boss, wait the boss had a rocket launcher huh? So it was human? Yeah I can see picking medic to keep yourself healed but I don't mind getting a little torn up as I blast all the zombies away XD Yeah I figured there had to be some form of drawback to multiplayer or it would be too easy, I would probably prefer playing by myself first to get a feel for it then doing multiplayer. I have a tendency to run into the thick of it I mean my Mass Effect character was a vanguard wielding a shotgun it was fun though. Yes it is, because shot guns and sniper rifles are awesome =3. Desert eagles? probably fall under magnum or pistol right? I am not sure about most of the providers here just that the one I use is pretty good except for during winter. wall for wall lol. Its probably a little bad of me to be glad it slowed a bit so I didn't fall to far behind right =3 but hey maybe it will speed up again soon.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2014 1:58 pm
Xela_The_Red
Lord Sithious

Hmm well I have never played Counter Strike so I thats not helpful ^_^ but I get the kinda game it is now, yeah when a game has a good fanbase and its mod-dable you can expect some awesome stuff, and some creepy stuff as well. Yeah welding doors is useful for holing yourself up well till you face a boss, wait the boss had a rocket launcher huh? So it was human? Yeah I can see picking medic to keep yourself healed but I don't mind getting a little torn up as I blast all the zombies away XD Yeah I figured there had to be some form of drawback to multiplayer or it would be too easy, I would probably prefer playing by myself first to get a feel for it then doing multiplayer. I have a tendency to run into the thick of it I mean my Mass Effect character was a vanguard wielding a shotgun it was fun though. Yes it is, because shot guns and sniper rifles are awesome =3. Desert eagles? probably fall under magnum or pistol right? I am not sure about most of the providers here just that the one I use is pretty good except for during winter. wall for wall lol. Its probably a little bad of me to be glad it slowed a bit so I didn't fall to far behind right =3 but hey maybe it will speed up again soon.

Ah, I see. xd Okay, well I'm glad it helped somewhat at least. sweatdrop Oh yes, I've seen plenty of awesome and creepy stuff as well! Also some funny stuff, like one time we ran into a bit of a bug in a user made map. xp Yeah, bosses (at least this one) can get through even welded doors pretty easy. xp Oh no, not at all! He's a mutated human (he used to be a scientist we think) with a rocket launcher and chain gun attached to one of his hands. That gun has ripped me to shreds before! Yeah, I'd go in even if I got ripped to shreds, but I'd like to have a back up plan, and unfortunately in this game, if you lose your health, you die. You usually respawn at the next wave of zombies, but you lose all your guns (except for the ones you spawn with), though I think you get to keep your cash. Yeah, and on the harder difficulty modes, that can be quite a problem. But still, it's always good to have someone at you back if you get ganged up on. 3nodding Yeah, that's probably a safe idea. You start to teach yourself methods of dealing out damage while taking less damage where possible, which is definitely important for surviving. Me, I've gotten to be quite good with strafing. rofl Actually, I think my Mass Effect character had been something closer to a spy if I remember right, and I still had a tendency to run into huge groups of enemies. xd Yes they most definitely are! xd Some sniper rifles in this game might be a tad harder to use (since you have to keep moving most of the time), but I've had a lot of fun using a lever action rifle with just iron sights. blaugh Yeah, Desert Eagles are (to my knowledge) the only magnum caliber pistols that are pistols, not revolvers. I see. Our provider was good most of the time, but really it is so finiky how the internet works around here. Great in some places, terrible in others, and I've no idea what makes the changes sometimes. stare Wall for wall sums it up excellently. xp You do bring up a good point, I have been a little worried others would fall behind too. I might have to start sending out PMs I think, but yes, hopefully no one falls behind. sweatdrop  

Lord Sithious

Dangerous Businessman

7,700 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200

The Lady Reaper

Surefire Alchemist

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2014 4:16 pm
Lord Sithious

Yeah he tends to do that..I've been in a few rps with him before and he just kinda disappears entirely from the rp after the first few posts sad And that storm is supposed to be hitting me in about two hours which sucks seeing as it means more snow lol, though I doubt it'll take out the net connections.Eh, I'm a fast reader, nothing to worry about.And I fit's too much to read, I'll just send you a pm or something asking what's been going on.Entertaining for you usually means disturbing for me lol but I think it'll pay off in the end, and understood.I had wondered at that seeing asyou did make this thread for a reason  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2014 4:23 pm
The Lady Reaper
Lord Sithious

Yeah he tends to do that..I've been in a few rps with him before and he just kinda disappears entirely from the rp after the first few posts sad And that storm is supposed to be hitting me in about two hours which sucks seeing as it means more snow lol, though I doubt it'll take out the net connections.Eh, I'm a fast reader, nothing to worry about.And I fit's too much to read, I'll just send you a pm or something asking what's been going on.Entertaining for you usually means disturbing for me lol but I think it'll pay off in the end, and understood.I had wondered at that seeing asyou did make this thread for a reason

Wait, Kami you mean, or Korn? Honestly, I hope neither of them end up leaving though, it would leave a bit of a dent in things unfortunately. sad Ah, that does kinda suck. Well up here it went from like -15 Celsius to like +5 today. xd Yeah, I don't expect to have any net issues myself, unless we have another rock slide or something, but hopefully you aren't affected either. Yeah, I'm a bit of a slow reader myself, which is why I typically write and read back and forth. Well I'm glad you're willing to do that too, but sometimes I do have a slight tendency to have trouble summing things up. sweatdrop Well, this won't be disturbing I think, but it will certainly be... different. xd Well, I hope you're right, but I guess only time will tell. Alright, thanks for not being ticked about it, but it does certainly make things a little neater at least. xd Well, I made it for that reason, but also to get info out about the story, so it has a few purposes. 3nodding  

Lord Sithious

Dangerous Businessman

7,700 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200

The Lady Reaper

Surefire Alchemist

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2014 4:44 pm
Lord Sithious
The Lady Reaper
Lord Sithious

Wait, Kami you mean, or Korn? Honestly, I hope neither of them end up leaving though, it would leave a bit of a dent in things unfortunately. sad Ah, that does kinda suck. Well up here it went from like -15 Celsius to like +5 today. xd Yeah, I don't expect to have any net issues myself, unless we have another rock slide or something, but hopefully you aren't affected either. Yeah, I'm a bit of a slow reader myself, which is why I typically write and read back and forth. Well I'm glad you're willing to do that too, but sometimes I do have a slight tendency to have trouble summing things up. sweatdrop Well, this won't be disturbing I think, but it will certainly be... different. xd Well, I hope you're right, but I guess only time will tell. Alright, thanks for not being ticked about it, but it does certainly make things a little neater at least. xd Well, I made it for that reason, but also to get info out about the story, so it has a few purposes. 3nodding

Kami.I suppose we'll have to wait and see about them just quitting but I doubt they will if they can help it, hopefully.Eh, I'm used to sucky weather by now, and I've no idea how warm or cold that difference is lol.I didn't pay much attention when we went over the difference between Celsius and Fahrenheit in class.And the only thing we have to worry about is someone knocking down another power line, but we should be good.Eh, I think in all the years I've been rping, I've only had to ask that question twice lol and that was because there were like forty pages posted in one night.Different can be good, depending on the kind of different lol.No worries.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2014 6:17 pm
The Lady Reaper
Lord Sithious
The Lady Reaper
Lord Sithious

Kami.I suppose we'll have to wait and see about them just quitting but I doubt they will if they can help it, hopefully.Eh, I'm used to sucky weather by now, and I've no idea how warm or cold that difference is lol.I didn't pay much attention when we went over the difference between Celsius and Fahrenheit in class.And the only thing we have to worry about is someone knocking down another power line, but we should be good.Eh, I think in all the years I've been rping, I've only had to ask that question twice lol and that was because there were like forty pages posted in one night.Different can be good, depending on the kind of different lol.No worries.

Ah, I see. Well, it seems Korn hasn't yet, and I vaguely recall rping with Korn at one point, he seemed fairly regular if I remember right. And now that he has posted, I feel less worried about him. I do however feel concerned about Kami, but I pmed him, so I'll have to wait and see what he has to say in response. I'm hoping he won't quit either, but should he decide to I hope he'll tell me in advance, so as to sort out the situation. Perhaps rather than killing any characters off in this roleplay, I'll just try and hand them over to other players, might make things more stable that way. Yeah, suppose I'm used to sucky weather too, sadly my shoes are not however. xp Well, I don't exactly know how differences between the two work, but to simplify it, I'll just say that water is supposed to start freezing at 0 degress celcius. Once you start going below that, it can start to get colder more quickly. -5 is chilly, -10 is cold, and -15 is where you need winter clothes. Anything below -15 is freezing, so definitely get your warm clothes on. xd But for us to go from freezing to having our streets full of water, well that's kinda where the problem arises with the weather. sweatdrop Yeah, unfortunately nature has a tendency to knock down our powerlines. xd That shouldn't be an issue for us for now though. Ah, well that would certainly create a good reason to take it to an OOC thread instead. xp True, true. Well, I certainly think this is a different that isn't done often, but it should be interesting to see how it works out. wink  

Lord Sithious

Dangerous Businessman

7,700 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200

Lord Sithious

Dangerous Businessman

7,700 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2014 8:28 pm
So, general question/comment to everyone not exactly related to the roleplay... But if any of you know me fairly well, you may know I'm not exactly a huge fan of... the current systems which govern our fair societies, nor am I a big fan of most of the systems other people are suggesting (in particular, people that like to dress up in black and draw circles around 'A's). Anyways, there's a thing BBC (that's the British public news corporation) is doing called "Freedom 2014". Well, if you know me well enough, you may even know I've had a great deal of freedom kept from me as a child, and even in some ways now. I'll be frank with all of you, there may be a more personal reason that in many of my stories (this roleplay as well as others) the main "good guy's" come from a nation with a non-democratic system.

I've felt a lot of bite from the democratic system, and in a way, I'd kinda like to give it a little n** back. Maybe I'm just feeling a little upitty right now, but I kinda like to consider posting a video or picture to this "Freedom 2014" thing and give my thoughts on what real freedom is. If any of you have any thoughts, I'd love to hear them. I realize we may not all be on the same side politically (or even the same page for that matter), but I suppose I'd like to hear your thoughts, even if they are opposed to my own. And if you have thoughts more in line with my own? Well, that would be more welcomed than I can possibly express to you.  
U/C

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff