Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply Roleplay
[ORP] All Aboard the SS Party! [Open!] Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Tori Honoo

Amorous Friend

6,650 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Partygoer 500
  • Marathon 300
PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2014 11:27 am
[Yuri, KO, Alexa]

Dove turned her attention to Alexa as the woman--man? The voice certainly wasn't expected, as before, though she was fairly sure now that this was a man-- described her line of work. "Ah, Lovey and Diana would adore you--my eevee and her daughter, I mean. I'm still not sure Lovey has gotten used to Kodo life.... I rarely have the time to pamper her properly."

Another smile. "Vintage styles? Oooh, I love a good original Dior."

When Kirk admitted to recognizing her, she turned her attention again, tucking another loose curl back. "Oh, I'm...flattered. Not many people around here follow my line of work closely enough to do so." It wasn't quite as rare in Sinnoh or Unova, around the right types of people, but it was still nice to meet someone who was at least aware of it. Her smile stayed calm, however; his previous mention of his love for design and fashion had dulled the surprise just the slightest bit. "I'm sure you'll be able to start one; you design already, then?" Again, to Alexa. "It does sound like fun, Pokemon grooming. Have you seen many different types? It's quite the career in Kalos... the native pokemon there seem to be made for grooming."

The hiatus... "Oh, no... Though that's part of it, I suppose. A large part of it." Her brows furrowed a little. "At first I was scared of the scars--absol aren't exactly...kind...--" Oh, this was a bit uncomfortable. "but yes. I was part of a group that went into the desert and things didn't exactly go well there either. I mean, we accomplished a lot, but personal experience left quite a mark. Not that I mind so much, since the mission itself went well..." Another pause. Was she rambling? "In any case, yes and no?" A laugh. "I might go back to it eventually... I do miss it a lot. I just thought I would refocus my efforts for a little while."

After her explanation, she looked over toward Yuri again. "You still okay?" It wasn't too odd for him to be so quiet, but even the small distance couldn't stop her from worrying about him. Plus...she was nearly positive that he was bored out of his mind with the conversation about fashion.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2014 12:57 pm
[Dove ->Sera]

Yuri continued to stand there, and the more he listened the less he liked the man Dove was talking to. He couldn't put his finger on it but there was just something about him. And was that girl a guy? Well whatever. Dove seemed to be enjoying herself atleast.

He continued to look around and caught sight of Sera walking off by herself, just as Doves question reached his ears.

"Huh? Yeah... Excuse me."

And with that Yuri walked away, following after Sera.  

BlackPidgeot

Animal Trainer

8,450 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Pet Trainer 150
  • Fluff Rehab 200

Tori Honoo

Amorous Friend

6,650 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Partygoer 500
  • Marathon 300
PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2014 1:21 pm
As he left, Dove watched Yuri quietly, her heart sinking heavily, torn between forced approval and guilt, the emotion clear in her features. It was good that he was going to socialize with someone else, but at the same time, she wished she had introduced him after all. Already, she hated the separation... but it was bound to happen eventually, as much as it hurt.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2014 4:21 pm
As Kiss approached, Diana giggled happily, allowing Anastasia to switch conversation partners with no debate. The raichu's 'kiss' was silly, she thought, though her giggles paused as the ruff around her neck fluffed with static from the electric mouse. Her eyes wide as she straightened and looked herself over, the young eevee giggled even harder.

The older eevee laughed softly, watching the two fondly. she offered in response, turning her attention toward them fully. Fathom seemed to be busy with the eeveelutions, and rightly so, she thought. It really was a bother being so small sometimes...  

Tori Honoo

Amorous Friend

6,650 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Partygoer 500
  • Marathon 300

Shaddaling

Wrathful Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2014 5:05 pm
(KO, Dove)

“I think I give you enough business as it is, Kirk. He does wonders with a thread and needle, I hire him for all my alteration needs.” She smiled back at Kirk, giving a saucy wink. This… this was pricless, she was so pleased she accepted the invite.

Ooh, another look. She paused and lift an eye brow in question. She paused, lifting a hand to brush her curls and realized the lack of scarf. Ahh, yes, that would do it. She chuckled, lips twitching in a bright red smile. “Is that so? I’m always looking for new clients to pamper.” And possible informants to scoop out. “I’m restricted to such a small area at the moment, and to house calls till I can find a place to properly set up shop.”

“Ooh, quite a few. My sister does contests and she tells all her friends and they tell others.” She waved a hand, relaxed. “I do have a passion for grooming cat types. They are a bit trickery in temperament but they have such plush coats.”

Absols… she wished for one, and for Howlback. She missed her Crobat and being able to simply fly from place to place. "But, your Mew, surely there is a story behind that."  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2014 1:17 pm
[Alexa, Dove, Yuri]

Flattered eh? Well he supposed he would enjoy minor celebrity too, if minor celebrity didn't carry the risk of the past catching up and unfortunate things like arrest and or being executed by some zealous Galactic commander. "What can I say," Kirk gave a lazy smirk, "I'm a connoisseur of good taste. And yes I do design, when I have the time that is. This outfit is one of my own creations as a matter of fact."

As Dove explained what had caused her to step back from modelling Kirk winced a little; it was not sympathy, he was imagining it happening to him but it looked like sympathy to any observer other than Alexa who knew full well that he wouldn't be thinking about the girl's pain or looks. Whose Absol had it been, he wondered? Perhaps he could find out later on.

"I imagine it has," Kirk said after a moment with a little shake of his head, "but they airbrush your skin anyway.... Not that it's any of my business of course, and there's a lot to be said of a change especially fighting the good fight. A little too risky for my tastes, I'll stick to driving to get my thrills...."

What was up with the purple-haired guy? Hum, well, no matter. It was pleasant enough to watch him walk away certainly.

Taking his eyes off Yuri's rear KO turned back to Alexa and grinned. "Well, true, but I never have been much good at saving what I earn. Perhaps I'll learn one day... perhaps we should set up together. People will spend as much, or more, on clothes for their Pokemon as they will on their own. A change of pace might suit me too." The little smirk on his lips that he shared with the two women indicated that he was probably joking, at least mainly. If there was money to be made in creating waistcoats for Pikachu he wouldn't turn his nose up.  

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2014 1:19 pm
[I'll move the scene on a bit tomorrow, placing us around sunset and out in international waters! If this is too fast for anyone please let me know and I can delay if there's several people who want to hang on here for now.]  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2014 3:22 pm
Anastasia's bright blue eyes widened at the vibrant blue Vaporeon's words, and she quickly ducked her head a bit. she began uncertainly, not entirely sure what to think of the compliment - at least, she assumed it was a compliment - and his daughter's resulting displeasure. Her compliment seemed more sincere, though. the Umbreon informed them with a smile, her head raised once again now that she was a little more comfortable. The one who just left. Briefly she wondered if she should follow after her, but decided against it.

Jasmine's dark blue eyes darted to Fathom when he addressed her, and she gave him an incredibly critical look. At least he was a Vaporeon, and one who at least looked appealing, which was more than she could say for a lot of the Pokemon she'd had the misfortune to come across. she affirmed with some skepticism and hesitance, unsure if she should allow him to remain in her company or if she should drive him away. For the time being, she refrained from deciding one way or the other. Maybe he would annoy her in a moment and thus make it much easier to make up her mind.

Isaac and Juliet moved to join the growing group of Pokemon, the Espeon sitting delicately nearby as he offered a polite smile to those gathered around. he said softly with a polite dip of his muzzle.

Juliet, unlike her companion, remained standing and instead scanned the deck curiously. She wasn't one to feel so comfortable or at ease around so many strangers, and was half tempted to leave and instead join Abel again if he didn't mind... Or perhaps find a less sociable group of Pokemon. Perhaps just one or two instead - a group was rather too many for her liking. Oh, but she should probably greet those she was near first. she offered as she turned her attention to the group as well, at least for now. There, now she didn't need to feel guilty or anything.  

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2014 10:25 am
Cletic repeated He said kindly

Glancing over when he noticed someone else join, his ears pressing forward with a light bow of his head to his companion.

He lifted one of his paws again and made a gesture to the Sylveon he had previously been talking to  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2014 10:35 am
[Silly, Vincent, Andre]

Double Stripe let out a hiss of a chuckle at the comment from the familiar Serpirior, the movement lightly bouncing Ray and causing the ex-training to look over at the pokemon her partner was conversing with.

He rolled his head in a motion like shrugging if he had shoulders

"Hey we know you." Ray said after a moment of staring at the grass type. "Come join us, we're talking about how this crazy guy took on a Charizard on his own." She laughed looking back at Vincent, speaking to him once he explained the League situation.
"Yeah, the League sure is stepping up their game on the island, its going to be getting to the point where you'll need to be registered for pokemon if you want to do anything with them." she grinned, handing her drink over to the striped tail and reached out to coil around it.

"If its training you're thinking about too, I highly endorse it, I love working with pokemon though, so its probably more of a bias than anything." She chuckled  

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2014 10:44 am
(Clara, Luke)

Rosie wasn't sure what to make of that information, She wondered if that was a common worry for people after they got married. But it made no sense to her, why would anything change anyway?
Well, she could see how some things were changing, mostly just becasue it was such a new situation, but from her perspective she didn't see anything to be worried about.

A gentle smile and a light nod of her head "But this is fun." she pointed out to "You're not boring, but if there was something you wanted to do, please don't let us keep you. I see a lot of friends to catch up with and new people to meet, If you would like to join us?"  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2014 12:17 pm
[Scene shift!

Feel free to round off what you were doing in the start of your next post if you want to!

It's getting later in the afternoon aboard the SS party, the sun is beginning to set; quite a beautiful sight out at sea! The waters around the yacht remain calm, the motion of the deck is slight and regular. There is a light breeze every so often but no strong gusts and at present not a cloud in the sky! It is however rather chilly.]

When a hand touched his arm Dith nearly jumped out of his skin; muscles tensed he turned quickly to his blind side. //Argh, Mother! You scared the life out of me!// he exclaimed in his native tongue.

//Perhaps you should keep a pokemon on that side,// the tall woman suggested, practical and unapologetic. //I came to tell you that we're out of Kodo's waters now, you can announce to the guests... and whatever the other thing was that you've been so secretive about.//

"I will bear that in mind," Dith replied in English with a roll of his eye; it was a sensible suggestion, sure, but he was hardly going to demand the presence of one of his friends by his elbow 24/7 watching out for him. "Anyway, there is not point to secrets if you are not secretive about them. Or surprises!"

//Well so long as it's not something that will require things I haven't allowed for,// Il'ya replied, sticking to Russian despite her son's shift in language. //I must get back below deck to check on progress with dinner, I will see you later Dima,// she continued without a pause and then, with a concluding nod, she swept off across the deck in a click click of scarlet stiletto pumps.

Shaking his head and giving a little 'heh' of laughter Dith apologised to his conversation partner by the bar and headed into the centre of the deck, the area that would later be the dance floor. "Excuse me!" he called, waving a hand for extra emphasis. "Excuse me, can I have everyone's attention for a moment? I have an announcement to make... and also another thing to say."

Heeeee! Don'tlookatRosieorLukedon'ttlookatRosieorLukedon'ttlookatRosieorLuke!

Trying hard to keep a stupid grin off his face Dith waited to have the attention of at least most of his guests.  

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

BlackPidgeot

Animal Trainer

8,450 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Pet Trainer 150
  • Fluff Rehab 200
PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2014 2:28 pm
As Yuri walked away he suddenly had that feeling that someone was staring at him. Pausing, he turned to look over his shoulder and blinked as he saw the red headed mans eyes on him. ... Was he...? ... Moving on. He wasn't going to think about it. But now he had lost sight of Sera. Oh well.

Instead Yuri just wandered around with Repede and trying to alleviate his boredom. The host staff would probably not like a bored Yuri.

However, as Dith suddenly announced that he had something to say, he turned his attention in that direction.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2014 2:55 pm
[Pokemon group]

the male Vaporeon answered the Eevee hesitantly, having caught her looking at him and remembering she'd greeted them earlier. He'd probably been distracted by Anastasia. Unlike the unfamiliar eeveeloutions, Lovey knew to associate Fathom with Ty. He guessed that by now she had heard about the attack on Yuri, though to what extent she knew he wasn't sure. He really hoped it wouldn't be brought up. In a cowardly effort to evade the topic, he dipped his head in acknowledgement with a small smile before returning his attention to the spotted silver Vaporeon.

Ooh...if looks could kill... Fathom was almost immediately reminded of Luna when he first saw Jasmine in the way that she seemed to purposely remain aloof from the other pokemon. Like the Espeon, she was also very beautiful, but he knew better than to say so. She would probably have thought him to be some empty-headed fool with an infatuation considering it seemed a thing she was used to hearing often. It would probably sound both redundant and obvious to her ears. But that begged the question...what sort of thing would she have been interested in, if not pointless flattery? Company, perhaps...?

Distance answered Anastasia bashfully. She nodded in understanding as she watched Sera walk away. She'd seen the girl on occasion before. Just not her Umbreon.

As her gaze followed the human as she left, though, Distance's attention was immediately attracted by the new pair of pokemon who showed up. Because, dammit, she had never seen a more lovely male Espeon specimen in her life. Her jaw must have been open for a minute before she realized she was gaping and shut her mouth.

she said to them, looking from the Espeon to the Growlithe and back. She might have made more of an effort not to seem so blatantly focused on the former, but the latter didn't seem all too interested in socializing herself. Still, she didn't want to seem like a desperate kit having fallen head-over-tail at first sight. Best be civil. She glanced around for their trainer as if she would know them when she saw them. If she knew who their human was, she could stalk keep a lookout for them if ever they happened to cross paths again outside of the boat party. She dearly hoped they would.

Kitomyx

Questionable Loiterer

Akira Midoriyama

Bashful Friend

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2014 3:22 pm
[Ray, Double Stripe, Vincent, Andre]

Silly didn't seem to share Double Stripe's amusement at the analogy. It was true, he was already starting to regret not having turned back to go in his ball when he'd had the chance. He'd been too distracted by the dazzling atmosphere to make note of the temperature at first. If he did so with an audience of other pokemon and people watching, though, even if he could discreetly manage to convince his trainer to return him, what would that say of his reputation? That he was a cold, anti-social weakling? Not if he could help it.

Disconcerted as he was by these thoughts and the decision of what to do next, it took him a moment to realize Double Stripe's human was talking to him. Not another human, but him, and exactly as if he were one of her own kind. His own trainer mostly just spoke to him when he needed something - to order or beg or plead him to do it. This silver-haired woman with the green eyes, though...she was an odd one. Different.

Not one to turn down a respectful invitation, the serpent tilted his head curiously at the topic of a human attempting to take down a Charizard on his own and slithered closer. Surely she meant with a pokemon of his own rather than his bare hands...? But no, the scars that marked his face said otherwise. Silly shook his head and rolled his eyes - both at the man's stupidity and his own willingness to join these...commoners...and coiled up beside Ray. If anyone decided to lean on him, though, he was leaving.

Happa, surprised at this strange turn of events, was infinitely relieved not to have to interfere. He hated being the one to have to get in the way of the Serperior and what he wanted, but it was often necessary because their trainer was rather helpless and hopeless when it came to asserting his authority. Not like Happa was much better, but...at least he had his own attacks and techniques to defend himself with. He went back to watching the gradually-growing pokemon group from a few feet away, curious about the ribbon-wearing eeveeloutions, but not bold enough to go talk to them.

[Luke, Rosie]

Clara smiled gratefully, but shook her head. "Not at all; you're not keeping me from anything. And I thank you very much for the invite, but I'm actually already waiting to speak to someone." Brown eyes flickered in Ray's direction. "They just seem to be a little occupied at the moment, so I'm just biding my time."

Speaking of time...it wasn't long before the birthday boy seemed to be ready to make an announcement. Clara beamed up at the man, giving him her utmost attention.  
Roleplay

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff