Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply Roleplay
[FIN] Winter Wonderland Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 14 15 16 17 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 12:00 pm
Though it was only a brief scuffle, Luke wasn't comfortable with the idea of lying vulnerable on the ground anymore, and adjusted his posture until he was sitting upright, rigid, attentive, and ready to move again if it became necessary. He could give gratitude where it was due, though, and he very much appreciated that the other Rockets were more level-headed.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 12:27 pm
Shooting a last glare toward Luke, Kyle stepped back, shaking his partner off of him and walking back to where he had been seated.

Jerome watched him as he went before looking over to Luke, to make sure he wasn't going to try anything.
He was sitting up, but otherwise didn't look like he was going to try and cause any trouble.
Not that Jerome felt like he needed to be too concerned if Kyle hurt him or not, from the looks of it the kid held his own.
So, he instead reached down to pick up the fallen gear, taking notice that it was still connected to a call, he glanced up at the Grunts.
"Who's this?" He asked them, but when they just shook their heads he frowned and held it up to his ear, confirming there was someone on the line from the questions presented in hopes of an answer she had not been getting.
"s**t, guys, don't need this s**t wit F'verythin'"  

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 12:36 pm
"Let me talk to her for a minute," Luke said, though he knew that in his position it was terribly impudent to make any kind of requests. "Just to tell her not to worry. She doesn't need to spend the day in a panic." It wasn't as though he had any useful information he could tell her - he didn't even know exactly where he was - and he wasn't stupid enough to do so right in front of a group of Rockets even if he did.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 12:52 pm
The request was met with a great deal of hesitance, Jerome turning to look over at the trainer sitting on the ground.
It was something he gave a moments thought, Another risk? Yes, it was, thought he wasn't sure that the kid would be able to say anything that wouldn't be acted on by the time the mechanic got their vehicle back up and running.

What was worse though was the more than sympathetic nature Jerome had for this situation, and the panicked voice of the girl on the other line just trying to find out if the red head was okay or not, and what was happening caved whatever negative response to the question he had.

Jerome walked over, eying Luke as he crouched down by him, but didn't hold the phone out yet.
"I don't gatta tell ya what I don't want ya sayin'" Jerome said in a serious tone. "do I"  

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 12:58 pm
Luke was duly surprised when it seemed that the Rocket was actually going to consider his request; there was a quality of hopefulness to his expression that he couldn't prevent, and he dipped his head in a nod in reply, "I'm not that stupid."  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 1:03 pm
"Damn ********' streight." Jerome replied with a nod then spoke into the phone.
"Hey- I'm lettin' ya talk to em." He said. "You don't try nothin' funny either."
After a light gasp of relief and a shaken agreement not to try anything from the other. Jerome then held the phone out to put it to Luke's ear, keeping a hold of it in case he needed to pull it away.  

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 1:07 pm
There were probably a thousand things he should have said, but as he finally achieved the chance to say anything, he wasn't sure where or how to start. "Rosie?"  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 1:11 pm
She waited through the muffled static of the gear being moved, finally coming to rest and followed by Luke's voice, a huge relief still etched in worry with what was happening.
"Luke- Are you okay? They didn't hurt you, did they?"  

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 1:14 pm
Luke shook his head lightly, a faint smile in his features, "Mm, no, I'm okay. They don't seem like bad people." Except for that one guy. "Sorry about earlier."  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 1:33 pm
She let out a little breath, leaning forward to press her forehead against the arm she had folded over the desk by her laptop.
"Luke the tracking on your gear isn't picking you up." She said quietly into her arm, having tried several times with nothing but failure, meaning they probably found a way to disable it.
"Are they going to let you go?"  

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 1:38 pm
"Um..." He wasn't sure how to respond. He wanted to reassure her, but at this point he really wasn't sure what would happen. "I don't know," he eventually, though reluctantly, replied. "I think it's not a very good situation. I don't know what's going to happen. But-- I know it's probably kind of pointless to say this, but try not to worry too much. I love you. It'll be okay somehow."  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 2:38 pm
Ah- and there is was, those words, it just put that much more of a downer on what Jerome already knew they were doing, and just managed to make his choice harder.
Jerome kept his gaze lowered as Luke spoke on the phone, and remained unmoving, though he still had to listen for anything the boy might slip.

The light occasional sniffing breaking a carrying silence was enough to show that she was having a hard time with that reply, Though when she spoke it was with a composure she put effort in to bring up.
"I love you." her hand tightened on the gear, and she sat up a little more. "Okay... I'll try. But, I'm going to do everything I can over here, We'll find you, okay. I love you."

What was she going to do about this? the basics of calling the cops, trying to let the League know what happened. But where even was Luke? She had to guess this was Team Rocket, if it was where were they? And where were they going, and what did they want with him? obviously nothing good.
She did her best not to think about it right now and put herself back into a panic.  

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 2:53 pm
He nodded faintly, "I know. I'll do my best, too. No crying, okay?" Knowing her, that wasn't really a feasible request, but he hated the thought of her crying in worry.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 3:16 pm
"No crying." She confirmed, with a nod, though she had to quickly rub the tears out of her eyes. no more crying-
Though as the gear made sounds as if being moved away and then the connection was lost, a wave of worry crashed over her and all she felt like doing was crying.
Instead she forced herself to think of the next step, and quickly got to work calling the police.

Jerome gave a few seconds after Luke had spoken before he lifted his gaze, jerking his head once to tell the boy that his time was up, and pulled the gear back, turning it off to end the call
"S'that yer girl?" He asked under his breath, reaching back to put the gear into his jacket pocket.  

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 3:25 pm
He hated worrying her, despite knowing that there was no way she wouldn't worry. He would worry too, if it were her in his place and him in hers. He was glad that he was at least able to give her a sense of knowing, though, after the cruelty of the Rocket yelling at her that he was dead. Jerk.

He breathed a quiet sigh as their brief conversation was terminated, left with a sense of worry himself from the renewed knowledge that he really had no idea what would happen. All he knew was that his goal was to live, even if he had to fight tooth and nail for it.

Luke responded with a slight nod and a clarification, "My fiancee."  
Roleplay

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 14 15 16 17 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces