Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply Event Archive
Cupid's Ballroom Dance Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Cinnabun Gryffie
Vice Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2014 3:40 pm
User Image
User Image

Lɪɢʜᴛ sᴛᴀʀᴛs ɪɴ ᴀ ᴅᴀʀᴋ ᴘʟᴀᴄᴇ
Tʜᴇ sᴛᴏʀʏ ᴏғ ᴀ ᴄᴀʀ ᴄʜᴀsᴇ
Aɴᴅ I’ᴠᴇ ʙᴇᴄᴏᴍᴇ ᴛʜᴇ ᴄʀɪᴍɪɴᴀʟ
Aɴᴅ ғʟᴇᴇɪɴɢ ғʀᴏᴍ ᴛʜɪs sᴄᴇɴᴇ
Aɴᴅ ʙᴇɪɴɢ ᴄᴀᴜɢʜᴛ ɪɴ ᴀ ʙᴀᴅ ᴅʀᴇᴀᴍ
Tʜᴇ ᴛʀᴜᴛʜ ʙᴇᴄᴏᴍᴇs ᴛʜᴇ ᴜɴᴛʜɪɴᴋᴀʙʟᴇ

Dhylan rolled his eyes at the older male's sarcasm, but a grin graced his face. Blue eyes noticed Wyatt's gaze, then looked up in surprise. Was he being flirtatious?!? Oh god! Dhyl's thoughts rolled through, the teen unsure how to continue.When his grandmother was mentioned, followed by his brother and uncle, he was able to stop the odd hitch to his breath. "Probably, though Gréggy's surely frustrated. He eats about as healthy as me, but I've seen him sneak chocolate into his morning coffee." He grinned, then decided that he would reciprocate Wyatt's level of flirtiness... if he could. "They aren't my only weaknesses. And perhaps, not weaknesses at all, but strengths I use to cohort my enemies." He gave a small wink, then went back to his sugar quill.

However, when Wyatt asked him to dance, Dhyl blanked. He hadn't danced with a partner in ages. In fact, the last person to ask him to dace was Eun Han, who seemed better off without. "I... erm... I... Dancing?" He couldn't help the blushing that befell him. Oh god! What was he supposed to say?! How did two males even dance together?! Who lead!? Who followed?! I-I guess... b-but just one little dance. I.. don't like people to, erm, look at me..." He was really, really nervous about this, and vowed to give Nell a thorough talking to after this dance was over. His eyes betrayed his nerves as they darted around, looking worriedly at every other person in the room.

I’ᴍ ᴏɴ ᴛʜᴇ ʙʀɪɴᴋ ᴏғ ᴅɪsᴀsᴛᴇʀ
Sᴛᴀʀɪɴ’ ᴅᴏᴡɴ ᴛʜᴇ ᴄᴏɴsᴇǫᴜᴇɴᴄᴇs
Sᴏ ʙʀᴀᴋᴇ ʜᴀʀᴅ ᴡᴇ’ʟʟ ʙᴇ ʙᴇᴛᴛᴇʀ
Tᴏɴɪɢʜᴛ I’ʟʟ ᴅᴏ ᴡʜᴀᴛ ɪᴛ ᴛᴀᴋᴇs ᴛᴏ ғᴀɪʟ
Gᴏɪɴ’ ᴛʜᴇʀᴇ ᴏɴʟʏ ғᴀsᴛᴇʀ
Jᴜᴍᴘ ᴛʜᴇ ɢᴜɴ ᴀɴᴅ ᴛʜʀᴏᴡ ɪᴛ ɪɴᴛᴏ ɢᴇᴀʀ
Bᴜᴛ ᴛʜᴇ ғᴀᴄᴛ ᴏғ ᴛʜᴇ ᴍᴀᴛᴛᴇʀ
Wᴇ’ʀᴇ ᴏᴜᴛ ᴏғ ᴄᴏɴᴛʀᴏʟ ᴀsʟᴇᴇᴘ ᴀᴛ ᴛʜᴇ ᴡʜᴇᴇʟ

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2014 3:46 pm
User Image
User Image

There was a тιмє I used to look into my father's eyes. In a happy home. I was a кιиg, I had a golden throne.
Those days are gσиє, now the memory's on the wall. I hear the ѕσиgѕ from the places where I was born.

Chance spotted the boy heading towards them with his older brother. He didn't know much about the Gryffindor, other than the fact that he was a challenge on the Quidditch Pitch. The opposing Beater eyed him as he came and went quickly. Good. The redhead didn't want to deal with him right now. Really, he just wanted to leave. This place sickened him. All the love in the air... It made him want to vomit. Still, he wished for his sister to be happy. So, there was that.

Cecille heard Hunter's voice and smiled. "Hi Hunter." she said, softly. The tiny girl toyed with the hem of her dress with her free hand. Did she look okay? She hoped so. Though, it really didn't matter to her. She was just happy to spend the evening with her best friend. Chance, on the other hand, glared at the blonde before him. While he wanted his sister to have a good time, he also didn't want her heart to be broken by anyone, especially a boy. Her heart was frail enough without something like that coming in to wreck it.

Still, Chance lightly placed his sister's hand on Hunter's arm. "Take care of her." he growled. Should he find out that CiCi was left alone in this place... There would be Hell to pay, that's for sure. He petted his sister's head, pushing her hair back to how he had fixed it up in the Common Room. "Have fun, Sis. If you need me, just call. I'll be around." Cecille nodded. "Alright. And remember, Chancey. You promised." she replied, referring to him having a fun night as well. Chance sighed, but didn't protest, and walked away to a nice looking wall. He leaned against it, his arms crossed, as he watched the two of them. Cecille was still smiling, excited to even be here. "I'm sorry if he was mean. He's been like that for a while now. Thank you for coming with me, by the way. What do we do first?" she asked.

{OOC: Sick!Heather is sick, thus her posts are horrid.}

Chance and Cecille

There was a тιмє I met a girl of a different kind. We ruled the ωσяℓ∂. I thought I'd never lose her out of sight.
We were so уσυиg. I think of her now and then. I still hear the ѕσиgѕ reminding me of a friend.

Don't you worry, don't you worry, ¢нιℓ∂. xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
See, heaven's got a plan for you.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Don't you worry, don't you worry, иσω.

BeaterBeast525

Timid Werewolf

5,750 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Gaian 50

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2014 4:10 pm
User Image

David Sinclair League
[Ravenclaw]

House: Ravenclaw
Wand: Supple and Smooth//11 3/4 inches//Hawthorne//Fairy Hair
Current Age: 12
Blood: The son of a squib and witch from pureblood families
Year at Hogwarts: Second Year
Wearing: Formal Wear (and bringing a book or two).

Lost points for giving me the platter, hmm? And apparently hopeless at dancing. Yeah, I've lost my interest in this train-wreck.
David smiled politely and merely shrugged as the boy-or the sheep as David liked to think of him in the situation- who's name was apparently Jesse or Van Fiore, probably Jesse Van Fiore, had told David he hadn't had to hold the platter. David acted like he didn't care and truth be told he had been the one to offer to hold it in the first place. He didn't have a chance to answer before Yannic and him were already heading to the dance floor, though. He did note that it seemed as if Yannic shoving the platter to David may have lost him some of the advantage.

Shutting his book one handed he watched the two and noted they didn't really seem to start dancing. Did, despite, the charms and pushiness of the other towards Jesse, Yannic didn't actually know how to dance? Well, he hadn't thought that one through, did he. David shook his head, sliding his book back into his bag and taking the platter with both hands, deciding to find wherever the chocolate platter had been in the first place and return it. His interest in that whole thing was lost. And now, as the event grew more and more populated, most of the older students coupled off, many obviously romantically involved and showing plenty of displays of affection in between their dancing-some dancing actually showing they had been forced to learn formal dancing some dancing showing they were just stumbling through the movements- David was just growing annoyed and bored.

He couldn't just hug the wall and read with so many people he realized as he sat down the platter on a buffet table. And, sure he could dance, he had been trained to do so as a kid, but he really wasn't all that interested in it. Letting out a sigh he pinched the bridge of his nose: the only good thing he saw about all this is the music was nice. Classical music was always nice. How could you not like it? Too bad this wasn't a orchestra performance and not a dance with all kinds of rubbish festivities with it. Weren't they even auctioning off people for dates? It was for charity and the participants willingly signed up and it was only for upperclassmen but it sounded sketchy...

He turned, and glanced at the fairly large crowd and wondered if he should just find someone at random who wasn't dancing and ask them to dance. It would obviously have to be a girl because he was trained in being the lead and that was what was normal, right? Not that he cared about tradition: he was only thinking about what was easiest for him if he did decide to dance. Well... he could just leave early too. There was always that option.

Quote:
[quote="Kai Sparrowheart"][/quote="Forks Anonymous"]
Quote:
[quote="Kai Sparrowheart"][/quote="Forks Anonymous"][quote][/quote]

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2014 4:20 pm
User Image

User ImageUser ImageLocation: Ballroom

Leonette didn't have a date nor did she have a boyfriend to go to the ball with but still her cousin David had talked her into going. She didn't even like dressing up for these kinds of things it just seemed not like her. Still she was there and didn't know who to talk to or what to do. Being left alone while David went to send his valentine to Shayna Leonette looked around and saw her friend David.

"Hey David, I'm surprised to see you here." Leonette said as she walked over to him. Not that she was at all displeased with the fact he was there. It gave her someone to talk to at least. Besides he seemed kind of out of his element. Maybe they could get each other through this complicated evening.

With: David

Wearing: Red Dress and Heels

OOC: ---

mc2

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2014 4:34 pm
User Image

David Sinclair League
[Ravenclaw]

Leo? Okay... maybe I'll stay a bit. I mean talking with Leo has never been unpleasant and this song is nice...

David looked up as he was addressed, honestly surprised, and then he saw Leo, and he actually smiled. Leo was one of the few people he had actually talked to last year, though he supposed he had spoken to Claire more as a whole. However, in general he found Leo as a far, far much more likable person. His dark eyes were widened at her addressing and then he composed himself and he said with a shrug and said with an awkward laugh, "Well, enough people were talking about it. This way when they talk about anything that happens here after it happens I can blow it off by saying I was here so I knew what happened, regardless of whether it was true or not."

"Anyways, I heard there was going to be an orchestra, I like classical music. And, I have to go to something similar enough to this at least once a year for my Dad and his networking," David said with a shrug. "It's not exactly like a ball is completely out of my element... though I have to say something with people more my own age who aren't mentioning business at least once is weird."

"Speaking of which, care for a dance Leo? I can lead. It seems a shame to let the money my parents spent and the time I spent learning to ballroom dance go to waste," He said, holding out a hand.

murruelecreuset

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2014 5:25 pm
User Image

Leonette knew the feeling the whole castle was buzzing with news about the valentine’s ball. She couldn’t not go or else she’d be completely out of the loop. “To be honest I kind of sensed you might be.” She admitted. “But trust me I’ve never been to one of these before.” She added.

When David asked her if she cared to dance Leonette was surprised and yet kind of glad he did. He was probably one of her closest friends last year although she seemed to spend more time with the Theo or Tanya. She definitely regretted that. “I would love too, but I’ll warn you I don’t really know how to dance all that well.” She warned him as she took his hand. If she had to dance with anyone she would gladly dance with David.

mc2

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100

Devlyn Maycry

Obsessive Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2014 6:06 pm
User Image

ஒ Half Blood ஒ Half Veela ஒ Hades

They can вεģ and they can ρℓεα∂,
                                                                        But they can't see the ℓιģнτ, that's яιģнτ.
                                                                        'Cause the вøÿ with the cold hard ¢αṡн
                                                                        Is αℓωαÿṡ Mister яιģнτ.

Amber sashayed onto the dance floor with a mischievous grin. So far she had yet to run into her best friend... which was the only reason she had even made it to dance floor in the outfit she had. Pale green eyes drifted over the dance floor curiously. So many students. Such love in the air. Valentine's day was by far her favourite holiday. How could it not be.... with her being half veela and all? She hummed a soft tune to herself and she did a couple twirls just to amuse herself.

What to do now that she was here though? She didn't have to announce the royals until later in the night so she was free to do whatever she wanted for the rest of the night until then.

Boys may ¢øмε and boys may ģø
                                                                        And τнατ'ṡ all яιģнτ you see
                                                                        εχρεяιεи¢ε has made me яι¢н
                                                                        And иøω they're after мε.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2014 6:22 pm
User Image

David Sinclair League
[Ravenclaw]

She worries too much... dancing is easy if you have someone who knows how to lead and you aren't a complete klutz.

"What? Sensed that I'd be interested in classical music?" David asked leading Leo to the dance floor and said with a wry smile, "Sorry for being so predictable. Should I admit that I also brought a couple books, one which I was reading until the crowd made it a bit impractical keep my nose in a book?"

"Anyways, at least most basic traditional ballroom dancing isn't that hard for girls: it's all in the leading, the girl just has to follow," David said with a smile, placing a hand on her hip and taking her hand. "Just a simple 1 2 3 and 1 2 3..." He said beginning to lead. "Not that hard, right? You hardly have to think. Actually, it is easier if you don't think about the dancing itself..." He remembered that he had such a hard time learning ballroom dancing when he was younger because he had been so focused on absolute perfection and thinking about every step, it was when he didn't do that quite so much was when he actually became decent enough to not have to take classes anymore to learn.

murruelecreuset

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200

kiska166
Crew

Devoted Winner

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2014 7:14 pm
User ImageUser Image

I'll be your soldier, fighting every second of the day for your dreams.
So don't stress, don't
cry, we don't need no wings to fly.

Cameron, holding a single red rose in his hand, walked into the ballroom. His free hand flew up to scratch the back of his neck. There were a ton of people everywhere. I knew I should've shown up with her, he thought, hopelessly scanning the crowd for Elli. The only problem with meeting up beforehand was that he couldn't surprise her with a rose. The seventh year wandered along the outer edge of the dance floor, searching for his girlfriend. However, he didn't even know what she was wearing tonight. Just in case Cam were to spot his girlfriend, he held the rose behind his back.

XxXDevil-Chan

((OOC: outfit in left picture))

As long as you love me, we could be starving,
we could be
homeless, we could be broke. As long as you love me.

Format by XxXDevil-Chan

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2014 8:41 pm
Iñigo Lazaro Albion-Alexandré

User Image

House: Ravenclaw{|}Seer{|}First Year

All he could do was laugh when the girl had started to become more interested in the topic of his family. She had taken what he said as far as to question the extremes to test, most likely to try to see if his family's opinions would falter. He would answer her question however, adding his own little humor into it. "There are exceptions of course, but it better be great one," he told her, no longer stuttering over words like he had at the beginning of the year. It had been a few months since he has been here; so he really started to pick up English again, but his accent was still thick and sometimes he even didn't say the occasional article, but there had been major improvement.

"You will do fine, just follow my lead," he said, holding his one hand out for her to place hers in. He would wait for the girl to continue with him to begin. He placed his hand at her hip and said, "I would never do such a thing, even if my toes were to fall off after this." He had gave a chuckle at the thought of his toes actually falling off. He was sure that would never happen, but just the thought of it made him laugh. "Okay, maybe my toes falling off wasn't best example."

“There is no death. Only a change of worlds.”

Lady Pomegranates

RedEagleEye007

Shadowy Phantom

8,025 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

RedEagleEye007

Shadowy Phantom

8,025 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2014 8:56 pm
Robin 'Theo' Gibbs

Twelve year old Football Prodigy

User Image

House: Gryffindor{|}Football Club: Borussia Dortmund{|}Second Year

Theo had lead Alex to the dance floor, happy as can be. He was going to get to dance with the one girl that he desired to...of course, leaving Professor Huckabee out of the question at least. He finally had found an open space in the already dense crowd for them to occupy, surprisingly with quite a bit of elbow room for them to breathe as well. This night, everything had been a perfect set up. Him and Alex meeting up, the theme of the dance itself, the spot they were in...all of it was what he desired. He found himself stuck in the moment, taking her hand in his and placing his other at her hip, and just going with it. Before he knew it he had began dancing with her and it was everything that he wanted.

"Remember when I said I kind of like you. I don't think I got my point across. Sorry. I meant I do like you Alexandria. I might be twelve, going on thirteen, but hey, I'm going with the flow here," he said to her, laughing a bit as his feat moved in an almost perfect beat. He couldn't believe he was actually saying this. It might have been just that puppy dog crush that is very common, but he didn't know. He was running on pure, instinctual logic, which never seemed to be logical at all.

I hated every minute of training, but I said, 'Don't quit. Suffer now and live the rest of your life as a champion.

kiska166

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2014 9:14 pm
User Image

Leonette shook her head. “Believe it or not I didn’t get the classical music vibe from you. I did however get the vibe that you were a little out of your element.” She said. “Well since you just did I guess I should admit that knowing you there had to be a chance of that.” Leonette said with a smile. “But you don’t have to be sorry about being predictable. I like that about you.” She admitted.

‘I can do that.’ Leonette thought as she placed her hand on David’s shoulder. Following was easy and it wasn’t like she had a bad sense of balance she did gymnastics after all. Listening to the one two threes in her head Leonette followed David. For a short moment she looked down at her feet feeling like the last thing she wanted to do was step on his foot. ‘Look up you idiot…’ she told herself before doing so.

Looking up at David Leonette nodded. “Right, though it sure does help when you're partner knows what they're doing.” She agreed letting go of counting and even worrying about her feet and focusing her attention on David. 'Why didn't my dad get me into dancing...?' she wondered.

mc2

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2014 9:42 pm
User Image

David Sinclair League
[Ravenclaw]

It would be like her to spin something like being boringly predictable into a good trait.

"Oh out of my element,"
David said, being overly technical about the matter. "Well, in some ways yes. Anything without people tends to be 'out of my element'. Then again, like I said, my father does host at least one formal party for networking and business purposes each year... I guess it depends how you define what is or is not the element in the equation here."

"Anyways," David said, "I'm glad you think I know what I'm doing. I'm pretty sure my dance instructor wanted to kill me the entire time she had to teach me. It took me ages to get even the basics down. I almost did as bad in that as I did in flying class."

"Besides, you're doing fine. Like I said, the girl generally only has to follow, and you obviously have some sense of balance. I mean you are doing pretty good in those pretty heels of yours and I think I heard something about you being on your quidditch team..." He added.

murruelecreuset

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2014 10:13 pm
User Image

“I guess it would depend on what part.” Leonette seemed to in most cases agree with David which was a little odd for her. Maybe she believed that had a certain technical way at looking at things where she didn’t which made thing make sense, though some would say a little more complicated.

Leonette smiled as far as she was concerned David knew exactly what he was doing. “You weren’t bad in flying class you know.” She told him. “Flying isn’t for everyone besides it’s like you said last year once we learned how to apparate who needs to know how to fly.” Flying really wasn’t that big of a deal you just needed to pass and move on unless you wanted to play Quidditch or just enjoyed flying that much.

“You think so?” Leonette knew he couldn’t be lying to her about doing fine. When he said her balance was good even in the heels she was wearing she flushed a light pink. “Thank you, you can thank my dad he’s made me try every muggle sport in existence gymnastics being one of them and I have been told my specialty is the beam.” She told him. Of course it could have also been all those broom times at an early age that helped with that. “You heard about that? Yeah I’m a reserve for the team.” She added. Leonette knew how David felt about Quidditch so she wasn’t going to bore him with the details.

mc2

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2014 10:47 pm
User Image

David Sinclair League
[Ravenclaw]

Hard not to hear about things like that when people talk about the stupid sport so much.
"I was the worst out of the entire class, Leonette," David said. "I'm pretty sure the broom felt like me as I did about it. Anyways, I can memorize anything in a book with enough readings, but you can't do that with learning other things like sports or flying. It's actually, kind of annoying. And, I like anyone have my weak subjects, I'm just smart enough to avoid them, usually." He smiled, thinking particularly about languages and how his sister picked them up so easily while he got bored with the grammar-thankfully besides the elective of Ancient Runes not being a natural linguist wasn't a huge disadvantage.

"And, it is kind of hard not to pick up some details about Hogwarts quidditch no matter how much you avoid the games," David added wryly. "I probably only remember you are on the team because you are one of the few names I actually remember. I'd say I know the names of roughly 33 percent of our year and that's about it. Makes things easier to keep track of, though."

David glanced away feeling a bit awkward admitting how much he didn't pay attention to his fellow students, before looking back at her and said changing the subject and saying politely, "You look nice, tonight. Did you pick out the outfit?"

murruelecreuset

Event Archive

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces