Welcome to Gaia! ::

::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::

Back to Guilds

The only guild on Gaia where hardcore Resident Evil fans can come and experience complete safe haven. Welcome! 

Tags: Resident Evil, Biohazard, Raccoon City, T-Virus, Umbrella 

Reply ::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::
Is Steve still alive? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 14 15 16 17 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Do you Think Steve is still alive?
  yes
  no
  maybe
View Results

Vinessa_Valentine

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 8:09 pm
Wait... that's it! THE VIDEO GAME COMPANIES ARE JUST GOING THROUGH A NEW COKE PHASE!!! They keep trying new things with the same old series and after multiple failures, they come out with the old-school styles and make MILLIONS!!! AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAA!!! Hopefully...  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 8:19 pm
well, the problem are those people who are so intent on being 'fans' that they force themselves into this mind pattern that they must absolutely love every single thing that Capcom makes out of the series.
And those people will force themselves to like the new Resident Evil, no matter how much of a failure it is, story wise.
THEN, there's that other section of people the countless people who couldn't handle the tank controls of the classic RE games, and now that the camera is conveniently focused on Leon's a**, they find it a lot more comfortable to play. And suddenly they become 'fans', and will completely ignore the plummet in storyline just because they enjoy the gameplay so much. So while true, hardcore fans might consider it failure, Capcom's fat pockets full of money will say otherwise.  

Biohazard EXTREME

Vinessa_Valentine

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 4:10 pm
*Monocle* Quite...  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 10:42 am
Heh. I know the conversation has changed, but...

Personally I loved Steve. He definately brought a different kind of feel to Code Veronica, something that I hadn't expected from a survival horror game. While most of the characters are all tough and stuff, Steve was anything but. Sure he was an idiot, but he was a lovable idiot and the idea that he could come back is awesome to me. If they brought him back, I'd rejoice. ^___^

saritasunshine

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 10:51 am
They didn't have to make him all tough, but they could've made him so much better. The problem is that they DID try to make him seem tough, busting through the glass window cheesy Matrix style, having him go crazy with the submachine guns, which had WAY more ammo than they should have, for ONE clip. And I'm not talking about in-game. I'm talking about the ammo he used up in the cutscenes alone. Especially when Claire asked him about his family and he just started shooting off in the air. That's smart. stare I wanted to see him aim his gun at his father and end up empty, leaving Claire eaten by his father. I would've found that oddly hilarious.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 6:51 pm
I agree with Bio to some extent... Steve could have gone without the machine guns and the breaking through the glass, although it added to the action of the game, haha.

He's an emo boy. I happen not to like emo boys, but I think they could have made Steve more appealing to me if they had perhaps given him a teeny bit more spotlight, let us really see how anguished he was about losing his parents... shooting the air doesn't really count.  

NotteRequiem
Crew

6,150 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Brandisher 100

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 10:32 pm
It was just really badly written. It's like, "Oh yeah, that'll totally add suspense!" or "Drama!" or "Cool action sequence." When it did neither.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 4:58 am
Haha, I can totally picture a Development team sitting in a conference room, looking at a storyboard saying things like "we need more action!" "It isn't cool enough!"

Then one guy goes,

"I got an idea! Let's give emo boy more ammunition! "

D:  

NotteRequiem
Crew

6,150 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Brandisher 100

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 9:20 am
I think they couldn't afford a focus group or something, so they brought in their kids to tell them what would be cool.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 10:41 am
Ugh... I wouldn't be surprised in the slightest.  

NotteRequiem
Crew

6,150 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Brandisher 100

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 10:46 am
Which really seems like a pattern with Crapcom. I mean, I did that comparison with Onimusha in Grill 13, the first Onimusha is Dark and brooding. By the 4th installment, it's more reminiscent of a cheesy Anime. It's like Capcom's target audience is getting YOUNGER in age. Which is stupid, because people who start liking whatever it is, get OLDER with time.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 10:27 am
Biohazard EXTREME
I think they couldn't afford a focus group or something, so they brought in their kids to tell them what would be cool.
You mean like with George Lucas and the three Star Wars prequels? OH, BURN ON LUCAS!!!  

Vinessa_Valentine

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 10:36 am
Hey, if I cared about Star Wars as much as I care about Resident Evil, I probably would've hated the new Star Wars movies too. But I don't, so I just watched them for cool special effects.

But yea, George Lucas is the perfect example of someone who used to be a cool producer, but now that he's old, he only cares about the money, and movies that earn the most money are family movies.
I haven't watched the new Indiana Jones, but from what I hear, it's one of those PG rated type movies, too. What happened to good ol' indy where they ate monkey brains out of the monkey heads, soup with eyeballs in it, and where a guy jammed his hand into another guy's chest and ripped his heart out.

Hey, maybe that's the problem, the guys at Capcom are getting old and senile.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 6:14 pm
I can't recall but does Wesker state that he's alive at the end of CV?  

UmbraGallus

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 7:14 pm
No. He just says, "My men have laready taken his body. Maybe one day he'll come back as I did and be able to see your sister again."  
::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 14 15 16 17 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff