Welcome to Gaia! ::

My Little Phony

Back to Guilds

Welcome to Phonyland! 8D 

Tags: phony, phonies, phonyland, unicorn, pegasus 

Reply Administrative Archives | Where Old Threads Die
X'MAS 2015 Do it For Her: Multi-week Contest Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit
LOLLI qAq rolled 1 20-sided dice: 7 Total: 7 (1-20)

LOLLI qAq
Crew

Questionable Baby

24,800 Points
  • Interstellar Fixer 25
  • Normal Everyday Human 50
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175
PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2015 3:40 am
3. A Royal Outfit: FAILURE  
LOLLI qAq rolled 1 20-sided dice: 1 Total: 1 (1-20)
PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2015 3:45 am
4. Faith's Ashwood Lance: FAILURE  

LOLLI qAq
Crew

Questionable Baby

24,800 Points
  • Interstellar Fixer 25
LOLLI qAq rolled 1 20-sided dice: 12 Total: 12 (1-20)

LOLLI qAq
Crew

Questionable Baby

24,800 Points
  • Interstellar Fixer 25
PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2015 3:52 am
5. Camping Tent: SUCCESS  
LOLLI qAq rolled 1 20-sided dice: 8 Total: 8 (1-20)
PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2015 3:56 am
6. Thorin Oakenshield’s map: FAILURE  

LOLLI qAq
Crew

Questionable Baby

24,800 Points
  • Interstellar Fixer 25
LOLLI qAq rolled 1 20-sided dice: 13 Total: 13 (1-20)

LOLLI qAq
Crew

Questionable Baby

24,800 Points
  • Interstellar Fixer 25
PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2015 4:04 am
7. Book of Lost Songs by A. Bard: SUCCESS  
LOLLI qAq rolled 1 20-sided dice: 16 Total: 16 (1-20)
PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2015 4:08 am
8. Gold & Mithral Chess Set: SUCCESS  

LOLLI qAq
Crew

Questionable Baby

24,800 Points
  • Interstellar Fixer 25
LOLLI qAq rolled 1 20-sided dice: 7 Total: 7 (1-20)

LOLLI qAq
Crew

Questionable Baby

24,800 Points
  • Interstellar Fixer 25
PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2015 4:14 am
9. Silver Windchime: FAILURE  
LOLLI qAq rolled 1 20-sided dice: 2 Total: 2 (1-20)
PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2015 4:18 am
10. Engraved silver scarab brooch: FAILURE  

LOLLI qAq
Crew

Questionable Baby

24,800 Points
  • Interstellar Fixer 25

LOLLI qAq
Crew

Questionable Baby

24,800 Points
  • Interstellar Fixer 25
PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2015 4:24 am
I screwed up the order of this and the rolls. Damn it.

1. Scroll of Protection: SUCCESS
I ask her what Rose is like. "She's a fierce warrior!" Pearl blurts it out before I can even finish the question. I suggest going to the bar for a "potion of protection" specialty shot recipe and she finds the idea delightful! Thankfully so does the bartender and we leave with the recipe rolled with a bow.

2. Portable Chemistry Set: SUCCESS
"She's smart, too." Pearl adds as we leave the bar. "The smartest I know, even." Her voice is so full of love and awe it's hard not to get caught up in the emotion. "Well, what about a chemistry set? Something to keep her brain occupied," I ask with uncertainty. Pearl loves the idea and thankfully it's easy to find what we need at the toy store.

3. A Royal Outfit: FAILURE
"Does she like dresses?" I inquire. She nods in response and her eyes shine as she describes Rose's usual dress. It sounds amazing. So I suggest finding her a fancy ensemble fit for a queen. We search everywhere, but everything we find is either plastic or cheaply made and simply doesn't meet Pearl's high standards.

4. Faith's Ashwood Lance: FAILURE
"Where to next?" Pearl's voice drips with more than her fair share of disappointment. I place a hand on her shoulder reassuringly and smile. "There's a legend of a magical lance that will only answer to the most faithful. If you're faithful to Rose and she's loyal to you then maybe your trust will win over the lance?" She brightens up and we go in search of the weapon. Before our adventure can truly begin, however, we're stopped by a rival of Rose's. She snarls and laughs in our faces. In her clutches is the lance. We didn't stand a chance.

5. Camping Tent: SUCCESS
I refuse to give up and grasping at an easier idea than a legendary weapon I ask what else Rose loves. "The stars," Pearl answers. Depression laces her words, but she seems cheered as she talks about the star watching they do. She just wishes they had something for when they don't account for rain. "A tent," I exclaim with excitement. We head back to the mall and the sporting goods store. Finding a tent large enough for Rose and Pearl takes only a matter of minutes and Pearl looks pleased.

6. Thorin Oakenshield’s map: FAILURE
It's taken days of searching and hardships, but we've found it; the most perfect gift for an adventurer and leader. Thorin's map. "Grab it!" Pearl yells as she fights off the grotesque enemies guarding the map. I reach but before I can get it a giant hand reaches up and snatches it from the air. It's over. We've lost the map. Heads hung low I offer to find a replica. Pearl scowls at me and shakes her head.

7. Books of Lost Songs by A. Bard: SUCCESS
On our way back to town we find a map of a different kind. A treasure map to find a rare book of A. Bard's lost songs. The location of the book isn't far and Pearl insists on going for it. "If there's one thing Rose is better at than leading it's singing," she explains. We're right about how quick it is to find the marked location and find it with minimal risk and grime to ourselves.

8. Gold & Mithral Chess Set: SUCCESS
We get back to town and stop at a store for oddities and antiquities. Inside is a gleaming chess set made of precious metals. Pearl smiles fondly as she describes her and Rose's past chess matches. We don't have the money for the set, but we hit yet another stroke of luck and the proprietor is willing to trade for our map to the lost book of songs.

9. Silver Wind chime: FAILURE
As we make to leave the antique store our movement catches the sensitive bells of a small silver wind chime. We're both so enchanted by it we just know it'd make a great gift for Rose. Unfortunately our luck has run out and we have neither the money or anything of value for trade. At least nothing we're willing to part with. With a shrug we finally leave the store.

10. Engraved Silver Scarab Brooch: FAILURE
We're hitting the end of our ability to do much more searching, but I wonder aloud about jewelry. Pearl is entranced by the idea of promise rings so we head to the jewelry store. As we look around we realize that there's no way we can afford a fancy ring, but she finds a small silver beetle brooch that offers a free engraving upon purchase. "I'm sorry," the saleslady says with a shake of the head. "The last one has just been purchased."

We didn't get everything we were hoping for, but we're pleased with the outcome anyhow and smile at a job well done.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2015 10:55 am
01. A Ferocious Servant: SUCCESS
Of course, the only way to gain a ferocious servant is to defeat it in noble combat. Luafien quaked in fear at the mouth of the cavern. Pearl lunged in, all sword and no self-preservation. Luckily enough for them, the best was quickly subdued with a few clever tricks. Mostly involving lasers and catnip.

"Are you sure she'll like this?" Pearl asked, apprehensive as she stared into the cage the Servant was being held in. Keeping such beasts inside one's dwelling did not seem like a prudent use of resources or practicality. However, she did have to admit the captured fluffmonster was rather adorable.

"Oh, absolutely." Luafien assured her, gently dabbing at the cuts on her arm where Pearl couldn't see.

The Servant very angrily meowed at her mistreatment.

02. A Loyal Hunter: FAILURE
In much the same vein as the servant, again the duo sought out a noble hunter for Rose's entourage. However, they crushed the Hunter. Or rather, Pearl crushed the Hunter while Luafien gently quivered from the sidelines.

"Humph! You aren't half as good as your reputation claims! I can't bring you to Rose." Pearl turned away from the defeated foe, as she could do a much better job than the sorry puddle of loser could have.

03. Delicious Earth Food: FAILURE
Two beings stood in a kitchen, one phony, one humaniod. A smoke alarm was blaring in a rhythm of annoyance and misery. The smoke was just starting to clear out from the oven, a simple casserole sitting on the stovetop, charred entirely black.

"I have no idea how to cook." Luafien admitted flatly.

"I'm not even sure Rose would have liked 'casserole'." Pearl offered weakly, picking up a spatula in her mouth to prod gingerly at the charcoal mess. It crackled at the touch.

They were thoroughly defeated by the kitchen.

04. The Cutest Thing Ever: SUCCESS
To be honest, Luafien had no idea what they were fighting. It had about ten limbs and none of them looked friendly. Actually, nothing about it looked friendly, even though she had only caught a glimpse of the pit beast for passing out cold. Which turned out to be a shame, because an indeterminate time later she was being nudged awake, bleary eyes opening to stare up at Pearl.

"What in the universe happened to you?" She asked, something ridiculously adorable tucked along her side in a holster, "It was just a tea party. Really, I think you hurt Susan's feelings."

"That was named Susan?" Luafien asked, voice quaking.

"Don't be rude, Susan is a wonderful hostess."

05. A Mothership: SUCCESS
"I don't understand this one." Pearl admitted, standing on top of her defeated foe. Which had only taken a moment to subdue, the creature wailing pathetically even now. Not that it had been much of a 'creature' to 'defeat', considering the 'lair' was 'a basement'.

"Doesn't matter, this is going to be hilarious." Luafien beamed, pulling the prize out of a nearby chest of glorious treasures. The motherboard was dusty and perfect.

"If you're sure..." Pearl sighed, warily eyeing the treasure her companion had plucked up, thinking that the primitive thing couldn't possibly make for a good present. It wasn't even remotely up to date, even for earth terms. Or gaian terms.

06. Holly Holiday Cheer: FAILURE
The humble human parking lot was temporarily taken over by an artificial forest of decapitated trees. Apparently, this is not the right thing to say while trying to buy a Christmas tree in a lot filled with sensitive parents and squalling children.

"Did you have to say 'decapitated'?" Luafien sighed, looking wistfully past the fence, into the land of wonderful-smelling trees that they had just been kicked out of.

"I don't even understand this tradition. Why would someone want a dying tree inside of their dwelling?" Pearl insisted, nose turned up at the parking lot of dead organisms.

"... Okay, fair enough, you win that one." Luafien admitted, turning to lead them away from the tree lot, defeated in their search for Holiday Cheer.

07. Certain Adorable Death: SUCCESS
Originally, they just wanted the treasures the creature was keeping safe. However, upon Luafien's insisting that the foe itself was way too cute, Pearl caught the creature, careful to keep her distance.

"Are you sure? It's dangerous!" Pearl huffed, warily circling their captured foe, "Or could be dangerous. It is very slow." Not that she doubted Rose's fighting abilities, it just felt very counterintuitive to her modus operandi to bring such a thing near her liege.

"If Rose can make deathvines friendly, she can tame this dude. Besides, he's cute as ********." At least at that Pearl had to nod- Rose was exceptionally capable at swaying people and creatures to her side with her overwhelming charisma and boundless forgiveness and gentility and-

"Pearl? Pearl- you're doing the thing again."

08. A Palace Abode: SUCCESS
"This isn't what I had in mind..." Pearl sighed, poking at the object. Behind them a dragon lay defeated. A real dragon. It was huge and Luafien was only mildly charred from the encounter. Their prize, though, was much smaller.

"I think it's adorable. She'll like it. Besides- how would we have gotten an actual palace?" Luafien reached out, poking at the toy replica they had pilfered from the treasure room. The logistics were simply impossible, and by now Luafien had learned to use logistics against Pearl.

"I suppose so..." The mare sighed in defeat. The color of the palace, at least, was cute.

09. The Gift of MAGIC: SUCCESS
"This one I actually understand," Pearl chirped happily, exchanging some of the dragon's wealth at the counter. The human cashier looked very confused and concerned about the actual gold coins.

"It's books, everyone likes books." Luafien agreed in seriousness, taking their stack of goods from the counter.

"I just hope she hasn't read these ones before..." Pearl led them out the door, the bookstore defeated despite their foreign currency.

10. A Pile of Shiny Crap: SUCCESS
Really, Luafien and Pearl made a fantastic team. Luafien ran around screaming, bamboozling their foe, while Pearl did all the actual work struck down their foe. It's a one-two combo of confusion and pain. (Mostly for their foe, partially for Luafien.)

The pair of them stared down into the chest of near-glowing shiny treasure.

"You know, I thought all the other stuff was way better." Luafien sighed.

"You just liked them more because they appeal to your frankly broken sense of humor." Pearl griped, refusing to let her companion's silly woes diminish this achievement. It was a good preset- a solid one, and the favored kind to give between humans. Except for a chest full of stuff instead of just one item, as is custom, and therefore means that Pearl's love is exponentially stronger than everyone else's. So ha.  

Luafien

Super Wife

Luafien rolled 1 20-sided dice: 18 Total: 18 (1-20)

Luafien

Super Wife

PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2015 10:57 am
01. A Ferocious Servant: SUCCESS  
Luafien rolled 1 20-sided dice: 1 Total: 1 (1-20)
PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2015 10:58 am
02. A Loyal Hunter: FAILURE  

Luafien

Super Wife

Luafien rolled 1 20-sided dice: 10 Total: 10 (1-20)

Luafien

Super Wife

PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2015 11:00 am
03. Delicious Earth Food: FAILURE  
Luafien rolled 1 20-sided dice: 17 Total: 17 (1-20)
PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2015 11:02 am
04. The Cutest Thing Ever: SUCCESS  

Luafien

Super Wife

Luafien rolled 1 20-sided dice: 13 Total: 13 (1-20)

Luafien

Super Wife

PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2015 11:03 am
05. A Mothership: SUCCESS  
Administrative Archives | Where Old Threads Die

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items