Welcome to Gaia! ::

The United Nations of Gaia v2

Back to Guilds

Promoting and exploring multiculturalism on Gaia. 

Tags: united, nations, gaia, international 

Reply Chatterbox
Introduction Thread Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 7 8 9 10 11 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

MZgen

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2016 12:02 pm
Aozora ~Blue Sky~
MlDORI
Aozora ~Blue Sky~
MlDORI
Aozora ~Blue Sky~
MlDORI

Awesome! Anyway, just curious, why and how did you come about creating this guild?
This is actually my second time making this Guild. Hence the v2. I made the first one 11 years ago on an old account as a safe haven against racism. Back then it was a major issue in ED. I litterally saw someone get bullied off of Gaia because she spoke to someone in Portugese. The original UN was in response to that. But I eventually abandoned the account and gave the Guild to someone else (who changed it). I decided to start up a new one because I love meeting people from other places. 3nodding

Oh dear, I have not been on ED so I didn't know of that issue. But that was horrid, no one deserves to be disparaged for one's race, religion or language. While this has been reinforced over and over again (whether by the media or not), reality is that racism or xenophobia is prevalent. I am relieved and thankful that most of the world is open-minded. And I continue to believe so. I hope this guild takes flight! And nice to meet you too! emotion_yatta
It's not like that in ED anymore. Thankfully. The forums aren't as active now as they once were either. The sports forum is practically dead. xd

That's true... Well I do know that the Chatterbox and Wordgames forums are still pretty active. The most active I'd say would be friendship hangout threads or event threads.
Spam will never die. xd And that's all those forums are.

Hahahaha! Quote of the day. Spam as they are, it's amusing to read the posts there sometimes. And the wordgames are pretty fun to play, I frequent it myself.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2016 12:04 pm
Aozora ~Blue Sky~
Reeperbahn
Aozora ~Blue Sky~
Reeperbahn
Aozora ~Blue Sky~
Reeperbahn
Hi!
I'm Nor, I'm 20 years old, and I live in New Mexico USA. I've lived in a few other states but nowhere particularly interesting lol
I'm a freshman at the community college here, just kinda working towards a 2-year general studies AA so I can transfer somewhere better and rack up the scholarship opportunities. I hope to eventually be able to major in history, minor in English, and go on to find a job in a museum (preferrably, archiving/curation). I'm unemployed for now though, mostly to focus on school but also because my health was getting in the way of my last entry-level job and my boyfriend and I decided it was unwise for me to keep pushing myself, yadda yadda, so on.
I'm continually into in a lot of different media (I'm totally a film/comic/literature buff), and I have a lot of hobbies/skills that I dabble in, but probably the one thing I'd consider myself really good at is writing. I'm currently writing a historical fiction/supernatural novel that's been in its WIP status for years. I'm also finding myself getting really interested in doll collecting and posed photography, latey 3nodding
Also, I'm trans male (just think of me as male, but don't be shocked if I start talking about "girl" stuff), and completely obessed with 80's goth. That's all I can think of lol
Welcome aboard! MtF trans or FtM trans? I'm actually MtF trans myself. I want to get a sex change but I'm deathly afraid of needles. Trying to find a way to overcome my fear. >.<

FtM!

Officially came out as such (I identified as bigender in sophomore year- onwards of high school) about... a year and a half ago? I haven't started transition though, unfortunately, because my health problems seem to me like they'd almost certainly get in the way, so at this point I'm planning to get those sorted out before I start messing with my hormone levels, lol. I don't know if I'll ever get ~the~ sex change, though, considering how completely nonrealistic the operations available for trans guys are. :/
I'd switch with you if I could. xd I'm not sure if I'll be able to get a sex change. Aside from the needles, there's also the issue of money. And yeah, there isn't much for doctors to work with with FtM patients. Maybe with advances in stem cell research they can alleviate that a bit.

Same, lol.
Money's also a big concern, with any of it. I hear they've actually successfully transplanted male genitals in two cases now (although one of the men they worked on eventually couldn't handle it and got his removed again or something?) so with those kinds of advancements I could see it becoming a more common method of ftm sex change, like, in our lifetime... although not necessarily very soon. I can only imagine how expensive that'd be, though, and then you actually end up needing a donor... burning_eyes
Interesting. I didn't think it was possible to transplant sex organs. If this technique can be done safely then I don't think donors will be a problem. I'd gladly trade mine for a woman's. xd Finding compatible donors might be tricky though. And then there's the cost. . . sweatdrop

Apparently, they've done it now for two men who I guess had had theirs cut off or something? So I'm not sure how they'd go about literally just moving an entire set of male genitals onto a female body, or anything... But at least they've got the technology to get these mens' bodies to take an entirely new appendage and not reject it or anything! It gives me a lot of hope, honestly. Except, of course, for the inevitably huge price tag on it rolleyes  

Agua de Horchata

Shy Smoker

Aozora ~Blue Sky~
Captain

Girl-Crazy Tycoon

10,450 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Clambake 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50
PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2016 12:05 pm
MlDORI
Aozora ~Blue Sky~
MlDORI
Aozora ~Blue Sky~
MlDORI

Oh dear, I have not been on ED so I didn't know of that issue. But that was horrid, no one deserves to be disparaged for one's race, religion or language. While this has been reinforced over and over again (whether by the media or not), reality is that racism or xenophobia is prevalent. I am relieved and thankful that most of the world is open-minded. And I continue to believe so. I hope this guild takes flight! And nice to meet you too! emotion_yatta
It's not like that in ED anymore. Thankfully. The forums aren't as active now as they once were either. The sports forum is practically dead. xd

That's true... Well I do know that the Chatterbox and Wordgames forums are still pretty active. The most active I'd say would be friendship hangout threads or event threads.

Hahahaha! Quote of the day. Spam as they are, it's amusing to read the posts there sometimes. And the wordgames are pretty fun to play, I frequent it myself.
I used to go to WG. I stopped going when I realized how stuck up the regulars were. And one of the mods let the power go to her head. I can do without the drama.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2016 12:07 pm
Reeperbahn
Aozora ~Blue Sky~
Reeperbahn
Aozora ~Blue Sky~
Reeperbahn

FtM!

Officially came out as such (I identified as bigender in sophomore year- onwards of high school) about... a year and a half ago? I haven't started transition though, unfortunately, because my health problems seem to me like they'd almost certainly get in the way, so at this point I'm planning to get those sorted out before I start messing with my hormone levels, lol. I don't know if I'll ever get ~the~ sex change, though, considering how completely nonrealistic the operations available for trans guys are. :/
I'd switch with you if I could. xd I'm not sure if I'll be able to get a sex change. Aside from the needles, there's also the issue of money. And yeah, there isn't much for doctors to work with with FtM patients. Maybe with advances in stem cell research they can alleviate that a bit.

Same, lol.
Money's also a big concern, with any of it. I hear they've actually successfully transplanted male genitals in two cases now (although one of the men they worked on eventually couldn't handle it and got his removed again or something?) so with those kinds of advancements I could see it becoming a more common method of ftm sex change, like, in our lifetime... although not necessarily very soon. I can only imagine how expensive that'd be, though, and then you actually end up needing a donor... burning_eyes
Interesting. I didn't think it was possible to transplant sex organs. If this technique can be done safely then I don't think donors will be a problem. I'd gladly trade mine for a woman's. xd Finding compatible donors might be tricky though. And then there's the cost. . . sweatdrop

Apparently, they've done it now for two men who I guess had had theirs cut off or something? So I'm not sure how they'd go about literally just moving an entire set of male genitals onto a female body, or anything... But at least they've got the technology to get these mens' bodies to take an entirely new appendage and not reject it or anything! It gives me a lot of hope, honestly. Except, of course, for the inevitably huge price tag on it rolleyes
Ah. Male to male. Still a difficult procedure but female to male would be much more complicated. Still a step in a positive direction.  

Aozora ~Blue Sky~
Captain

Girl-Crazy Tycoon

10,450 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Clambake 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50

MZgen

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2016 12:10 pm
Aozora ~Blue Sky~
MlDORI
Aozora ~Blue Sky~
MlDORI
Aozora ~Blue Sky~
MlDORI

I used to go to WG. I stopped going when I realized how stuck up the regulars were. And one of the mods let the power go to her head. I can do without the drama.

Well, what matters is if you're happy! I don't get personal on WG unless anyone happens to chat with me on profile comments so I don't get embroiled in those issues. What forums do you go to then?  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2016 12:19 pm
MlDORI
Aozora ~Blue Sky~
MlDORI
Aozora ~Blue Sky~
MlDORI

Well, what matters is if you're happy! I don't get personal on WG unless anyone happens to chat with me on profile comments so I don't get embroiled in those issues. What forums do you go to then?
None. I stick to games and marketplace mostly. I have a thread in Kindred and a thread in Aquariums that I maintain.  

Aozora ~Blue Sky~
Captain

Girl-Crazy Tycoon

10,450 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Clambake 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50

Centrifugal_comfort

Fluffy Lunatic

13,690 Points
  • Lapin Patrol Avior: Victory! 50
  • Little Bunny Foo Foo 100
  • Prepared for Liftoff 50
PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2016 2:27 pm
Hello lovelies,
I hope you all are well.
I am Siren and I am from
the southern part of the states. No
I do not have a southern accent.
My parent are from two separate continents.
One from Kenya and the other from Guyana.
I speak a tad bit of Swahili and a good amount of
Guyanese patwa. I have also learned a bit of Japanese,
Chinese, Spanish and Latin. But, basically
only fluent in English. If you are interested to know more
about me, feel free to check out my profile. Anything else, just ask.

Thank you, for the invite ~  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2016 2:34 pm
Sweet Sirens_Song
Hello lovelies,
I hope you all are well.
I am Siren and I am from
about me, feel free to check out my profile. Anything just ask.

Welcome aboard! The only Swahili I know is hakuna matata. xp I'm always jealous of people with such diverse backgrounds.  

Aozora ~Blue Sky~
Captain

Girl-Crazy Tycoon

10,450 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Clambake 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50

Centrifugal_comfort

Fluffy Lunatic

13,690 Points
PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2016 3:06 pm
Aozora ~Blue Sky~
Sweet Sirens_Song
Hello lovelies,
I hope you all are well.
I am Siren and I am from

Welcome aboard! The only Swahili I know is hakuna matata. xp I'm always jealous of people with such diverse backgrounds.

Thank you heart
lol no need to be jealous. Oh gosh I'm not very good at spelling language. But I am awesome at speaking it. So I know formal greeting in Swahili and I am capable of picking out words from other people conversations to understand what they are talking about sometimes.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2016 3:11 pm
Sweet Sirens_Song
Aozora ~Blue Sky~
Sweet Sirens_Song
Hello lovelies,
I hope you all are well.
I am Siren and I am from

Thank you heart
lol no need to be jealous. Oh gosh I'm not very good at spelling language. But I am awesome at speaking it. So I know formal greeting in Swahili and I am capable of picking out words from other people conversations to understand what they are talking about sometimes.
I know bits and pieces of Japanese. So sometimes I can watch anime and roughly know what they're saying without reading the subtitles. I can't do it with regular speech though. Japanese people talk fast. xd  

Aozora ~Blue Sky~
Captain

Girl-Crazy Tycoon

10,450 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Clambake 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50

Centrifugal_comfort

Fluffy Lunatic

13,690 Points
PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2016 3:21 pm
Aozora ~Blue Sky~

Oh I see. I'm too lazy to read at time. so I will either look for it in english or read there body language xDDD

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2016 3:23 pm
Sweet Sirens_Song
Aozora ~Blue Sky~

Oh I see. I'm too lazy to read at time. so I will either look for it in english or read there body language xDDD
Dubs are horrible though. gonk  

Aozora ~Blue Sky~
Captain

Girl-Crazy Tycoon

10,450 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Clambake 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50

Centrifugal_comfort

Fluffy Lunatic

13,690 Points
PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2016 3:28 pm
Aozora ~Blue Sky~
Sweet Sirens_Song
Aozora ~Blue Sky~

lol they sound fine to me lol
Well for the anime i have seen they sound fine to me. I have heard any that I run into problems lol cool

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2016 4:08 pm
Sweet Sirens_Song
Aozora ~Blue Sky~
Sweet Sirens_Song
Aozora ~Blue Sky~

lol they sound fine to me lol
Well for the anime i have seen they sound fine to me. I have heard any that I run into problems lol cool
If you listen to subs regularly you can notice a big difference in the voice acting. It's more fluid in subs and the emotions are more accurately depicted.  

Aozora ~Blue Sky~
Captain

Girl-Crazy Tycoon

10,450 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Clambake 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50

Centrifugal_comfort

Fluffy Lunatic

13,690 Points
PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2016 4:14 pm
Aozora ~Blue Sky~

I listen to subs and dubs back and forth. Mmm... I see what you mean, but I do feel that everything I'm looking for shines through. -shrugs-
I have heard a few anime's that sound better in sub than dub.. But that was years ago. Like I just got finished watching "Your lie in April" And I liked the dub version. The sub was nice too but I don't always like reading. I still think both forms are lovely none the less.

Chatterbox

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 7 8 9 10 11 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff