Welcome to Gaia! ::

Kage no Gensou; A Yuugiou((Yugioh)) Guild

Back to Guilds

A friendly guild for any and all types of Yuugiou: Duel Monsters fans. 

Tags: Yuugiou, Yugioh, Duel Monsters, Anime, Manga 

Reply General Discussion
What do your parents/friends/family think.... Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 7 8 9 10 11 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

xodis

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 3:38 pm
My brother and sister watch the show and play the games but I'm the only one interested in it to the point of going to tournaments. My dad hates "cartoons" so he stays out of the front room most of the time to play his war games on his computer. The friends i have all know i like the show and play the game... although some of them think i should get more interested into Magic the gathering again, which i found fun... but too me it took to long to get the thrill that Yu-Gi-Oh gives me. biggrin Well nobody can tell me to stop liking the show and playing the game because i won't listen to them.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 5:02 pm
Morgey
I thought Mariku sounded like Mike too. I thought I was being odd. XD

I didn't notice it until my dad pointed it out. XD;;  

Kitsune Ketz Kwineight
Captain

Tricky Shapeshifter

19,200 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Tycoon 200

Akila_Ishtar

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 5:18 pm
Power to ya! XD

There is no way I'd ever stop being passionate about something because of what other people think. It sucks to be made fun of, but I feel as though it's better to be made fun of then conform with society's crap.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 5:20 pm
... uhm... who is Mike?! O_O  

Akila_Ishtar

Kitsune Ketz Kwineight
Captain

Tricky Shapeshifter

19,200 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 4:11 pm
XD That's my dad's name, and that's what he thought they were saying when they said "Malik."  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 9:20 pm
Oh. Ha. Well, my dad thought Malik was a girl... crying ;;

The first Irateshipping drawing I did, was the two of them kissing, My dad thought it was me kissing Jou. I was just like: O___o; Wow, thanks for thinking that I'd draw that... XD;  

Akila_Ishtar

Morgey

Wheezing Genius

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2007 8:43 am
Does that mean that you look like Malik? surprised

And aww. =[

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2007 9:55 am
Ha ha ha. Wouldn't that be splendid? I'd be sooo pretty! (oh so pretty and witty and gayyy)

No, uhm, well I don't even know how he got ME out of that picture. The only similarity is the long hair, but mine is curly and at the time I didn't even have bangs like he does. O_o;; I guess he figured we were both girls and he knew I liked the Yuugiou dudes b/c of all the pictures on my walls. *shrug*  

Akila_Ishtar

Kitsune Ketz Kwineight
Captain

Tricky Shapeshifter

19,200 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2007 12:21 pm
XD That's kind of depressing... that your dad assumes you're a Mary-Sue... whenever I draw Jounouchi my parents think he's a girl... D:  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2007 1:18 pm
Akila: Aah. That's odd.

Maybe it's for the best. Imagine having to put up with the jealousy which would surely come from looking like that? xp

I'd have been more suprised if you'd said yes though, cause I wouldn't be expecting anime genetics to pop up in real life. =]

Kitsune: That's odd. I can't see him being girly at all. D: Unless he's in drag. =P

Yeah, I wouldn't want my parents thinking that of me. XD

Morgey

Wheezing Genius

Kitsune Ketz Kwineight
Captain

Tricky Shapeshifter

19,200 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2007 7:12 pm
My parents are very Conservative, so they pretty much think that anyone who is thin and doesn't have extremely short hair is a girl. ^^;; Since Jounouchi has a poof and a mullet, he looks like a girl to them, plus he's skinny.  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2007 11:08 pm
Oo... wow. No my parents aren't like that. They just make fun of everything that I like. I wouldn't say a poofy mullet is a very desirable hair style for a girl though.... O_o; noneless anybody.

@Morgey: Haha, yes my lavender eyes would be totally envied. Actually, I'm hoping to get contacts that color. Mostly for cosplay sake, but if I like it - I may wear it more than that. Although, I'm not blond at all, and if it's not summer I'm really pale... O_o;  

Akila_Ishtar

Besulalea

Cheery Visionary

15,025 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Cheerbringer 100
PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2007 10:11 am
My brother is not all that big into the anime or manga; he enjoys playing the cards the most. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2007 12:18 pm
Yea, that is how my brother was also. Except, he did like the anime for a little while. After I got really into it, he started to hate it. O_o;; Now my whole family thinks its a little silly. Heck, they think anime is silly in general.

Except they all like Avatar the Last Airbender.... which is pretty much an anime, so I am very confused. -.-;;  

Akila_Ishtar

Kitsune Ketz Kwineight
Captain

Tricky Shapeshifter

19,200 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2007 2:51 pm
It's because Avatar was made... IN AMERICA! No, seriously, it's sounds like they're just against watching non-American cartoons. o.o  
General Discussion

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 7 8 9 10 11 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff