Welcome to Gaia! ::

::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::

Back to Guilds

The only guild on Gaia where hardcore Resident Evil fans can come and experience complete safe haven. Welcome! 

Tags: Resident Evil, Biohazard, Raccoon City, T-Virus, Umbrella 

Reply ::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::
VS battle!!! Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

people counter
  im here! and i brought pie!
View Results

Omega_Ion_Tangora

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 8:06 pm
Hmm, Hunters. They have so much more against them, and lickers are really good at hearing, but just how good? What if that shriek could hurt them?  
D000M rolled 6 6-sided dice: 5, 3, 3, 4, 5, 5 Total: 25 (6-36)
PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 10:33 pm
Biohazard EXTREME
Mr. Gerbik
Desert Eagle 50 A.E V.S. S&W M629C: Neither. Barry's .357 Colt Python.

Barry's Colt Python was a .44

The description in the game even says: "A powerful gun that can be loaded with .357 rounds". That's good enough for me.

Hunter V.S. Licker: Tough one....but i'm gonna have to go with Hunter

Everybody seems to be ignoring the Chris V.S. Wesker battle.....

I'm picking Chris.

In a stand up fight Wesker would pummel him as usual, but Chris would use his smarts and cunning to best Wesker, like he did in CVX. Alexia also b***h-slapped Wesker, where as Chris killed her.  

D000M

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 10:43 pm
No. It said .44 rounds. His magnum was customized and was stronger than the standard magnum, and couldn't be loaded with the standard .357 bullets that you find for your magnum.

Also, Chris got lucky with those beams. And he only defeated Alexia using his guns. If Wesker had firearms to add to his physical strength, nobody would be a match for him.  
D000M rolled 6 6-sided dice: 5, 1, 5, 5, 6, 4 Total: 26 (6-36)
PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 11:07 pm
Biohazard EXTREME
No. It said .44 rounds. His magnum was customized and was stronger than the standard magnum, and couldn't be loaded with the standard .357 bullets that you find for your magnum.

Also, Chris got lucky with those beams. And he only defeated Alexia using his guns. If Wesker had firearms to add to his physical strength, nobody would be a match for him.

Ummm, no dude. I just checked. Go play RE1 for the PSX, equip the Colt Python, empty the gun and examine it. Here's the EXACT quote:

"Powerful gun can be loaded with .357 magnum rounds."

And don't try that whole his-magnum-was-customized business. It's the exact same gun. I'm not talking about the REmake or some book or magazine you read.

If the beams weren't there, Chris would find something else. I bet that when the story between Chris and Wesker comes to a close, you will see Chris emerging victorious.  

D000M

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 11:15 pm
Well guess what? The REmake is the official canon version of Resident Evil.
As for Resident Evil 1/Director's Cut, You never actually get to have Barry's magnum, so you really have no proof that it's of a .357 calibur.  
D000M rolled 6 6-sided dice: 1, 3, 3, 4, 4, 1 Total: 16 (6-36)
PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 11:28 pm
Biohazard EXTREME
Well guess what? The REmake is the official canon version of Resident Evil.
As for Resident Evil 1/Director's Cut, You never actually get to have Barry's magnum, so you really have no proof that it's of a .357 calibur.

Well guess what? The orginal game is the exact same thing as the REmake, with the exception of Lisa and George Trevor. That really doesn't add a whole lot to the story. Or change anything that followed in the series.

I was referring to the original PSX game. In that game Barry carries a .357 Colt Python, and you find the EXACT same gun. If you really want to be so a**l about it. Fine, i'll just take Barry's name out of the sentence.

Desert Eagle 50 A.E. V.S. S&W M629C: Neither. The .357 Colt Python.

There. Happy?  

D000M

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 11:36 pm
I just wanna know where it said that BARRY was the one carrying the .357? The Remake also had some different scenes and a few extra locations. Essentially, no, it doesn't change anything in the series, but if that's true. In the Remake, Barry had a .44 magnum. I don't see why you're being so stubborn about it, when I know what I'm talking about. It could very well be a .44 magnum in the original PSX version, you know.
And I'm not being a**l, I'm just picky about my Resident Evil facts.  
D000M rolled 6 6-sided dice: 4, 5, 2, 4, 5, 2 Total: 22 (6-36)
PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 12:23 am
Biohazard EXTREME
I just wanna know where it said that BARRY was the one carrying the .357? The Remake also had some different scenes and a few extra locations. Essentially, no, it doesn't change anything in the series, but if that's true. In the Remake, Barry had a .44 magnum. I don't see why you're being so stubborn about it, when I know what I'm talking about. It could very well be a .44 magnum in the original PSX version, you know.
And I'm not being a**l, I'm just picky about my Resident Evil facts.

Well, Barry IS carrying a magnum in RE1, that looks EXACTLY the same as the magnum you find in that game. I'm also sure that upon the original games release, Barry's gun was intended to be the same thing. At the time when I made the statement, I wasn't thinking THAT deeply into it.

I don't really take into consideration any "canological" developments made to RE's storyline, considering the fact that the game series is riddled with contradictions and plot holes. Like RE0: The game that was supposed to answer all of the questions and fill any plot holes, just created new ones. That's why I see no reason to be "picky about Resident Evil's facts", since the game series itself doesn't even have its own facts straight.

I'd also like to add that they recently ported the original RE game to the DS. So it must have some kind of canological value.  

D000M

Resident Isaka
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 4:18 am
Guys, it's only a gun.... -_-

And Chris has no chances against Wesker. He's too fast and too resistant. Alexia was slower in 2 of her forms and the flying one wasn't very strong. And Chris had guns furthermore.  
D000M rolled 6 6-sided dice: 1, 3, 1, 4, 1, 4 Total: 14 (6-36)
PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 5:58 am
Resident Isaka

And Chris has no chances against Wesker. He's too fast and too resistant. Alexia was slower in 2 of her forms and the flying one wasn't very strong. And Chris had guns furthermore.

"Gotta big 'ol gun, gotta big 'ol gun. Gotta real big bullet. And I guess you could say, and I guess you could say, I'm real full of it"

Chris has chances. He'll find a way. He always does. As I said before, I guarantee that when the final battle actually takes place in the game, Chris will be the winner.

User Image

User Image User ImageUser Image User Image

D000M

Resident Isaka
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 10:15 am
Mr. Gerbik
Resident Isaka

"Gotta big 'ol gun, gotta big 'ol gun. Gotta real big bullet. And I guess you could say, and I guess you could say, I'm real full of it"

Chris has chances. He'll find a way. He always does. As I said before, I guarantee that when the final battle actually takes place in the game, Chris will be the winner.

It's very rare that the evil wins at the end, not that I want that Wesker dies. gonk  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 10:37 am
Even if Chris wins, Wesker is still gonna escape unharmed. Wesker has become the new face of Resident Evil. To kill him, would be killing the franchise... Of course, I suppose it's possible in the very last RE game, but I bet it won't be at the hands of Chris.

Also, yes, the DS version does have a canalogical value: They enter the mansion, Wesker betrays them, they escape. But I'm sure if the DS was more powerful, they would have ported REmake instead.  

Biohazard EXTREME

D000M

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 11:20 am
Biohazard EXTREME
Even if Chris wins, Wesker is still gonna escape unharmed. Wesker has become the new face of Resident Evil. To kill him, would be killing the franchise... Of course, I suppose it's possible in the very last RE game, but I bet it won't be at the hands of Chris.

We'll see about that.  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 4:09 pm
holy cow how bout you guys take the topic of barry's gun to the cafe of something? unless you turn it back into a VS. get it outta here  

Resident_Kyo

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 4:21 pm
Dr.ViNcEnTsAlVaDoR
holy cow how bout you guys take the topic of barry's gun to the cafe of something? unless you turn it back into a VS. get it outta here
It's me vs. him. Does that count?  
::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces