Welcome to Gaia! ::

::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::

Back to Guilds

The only guild on Gaia where hardcore Resident Evil fans can come and experience complete safe haven. Welcome! 

Tags: Resident Evil, Biohazard, Raccoon City, T-Virus, Umbrella 

Reply ::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::
::Biohazard: Umbrella Chronicles:: Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... 67 68 69 70 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

XINVADER

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2007 4:21 am
Ah well I never played the Outbreak games due to the lack of a PS2  
PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 12:28 pm
When I saw RE2 and RE3 on the Gamecube, I first thought they were completely remade and I was excited. However, I got RE2 and was dissapointed to see it was just ported with no major changes. I would love to see RE2, RE3, and Code Veronica completely remade for the Gamecube.

What I don't want to see is RE4 released on another system, because that just gets plain old.  

StriderHayato

Vankala

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 1:40 pm
StriderHayato
When I saw RE2 and RE3 on the Gamecube, I first thought they were completely remade and I was excited. However, I got RE2 and was dissapointed to see it was just ported with no major changes. I would love to see RE2, RE3, and Code Veronica completely remade for the Gamecube.

What I don't want to see is RE4 released on another system, because that just gets plain old.

I agree, although I am am looking forward to playing RE4 on the Wii. That actually sounds fun. But other than that, putting it out on other systems does get kinda old. I mean, do we really need a PC version?? confused

Yea, I was disappointed to find out the RE2 and RE3 were just ported to the GC. I'm hoping they'll eventually remake those 2. As for CVX, I actually like it the way it is, so I don't think a remake for that one is really necessary. 3nodding

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 6:09 pm
I hope they remake 2 and 3, and hell, even Code Veronica (With a better voice actor for Steve) for the PS3. That would be amazing.  

Biohazard EXTREME

Vankala

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 7:58 pm
Biohazard EXTREME
I hope they remake 2 and 3, and hell, even Code Veronica (With a better voice actor for Steve) for the PS3. That would be amazing.

Well, yea Steve does need a better voice actor. lmao sweatdrop

Steve: Help MEEEEEEEEEE!!!

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2007 4:23 am
http://www.gaiaonline.com/guilds/viewtopic.php?page=6&t=8773101#113197396
Gamer_404
They wouldn't hire any new ones...just use the same ones who did them before? And it was this months, I have it too. It seriously would be stupid for it to have 3, but not 2...they should go with the actual storyline, go with RE3 a couple scenes, have Jill get infected, then go to Leon and Claire.
But you do realize that it's not like it's gonna be full games. It's not like we're gonna go through every single scene from 0, 1, 2 and 3. I mean, I saw the map layout, we're basically railing through the mansion, up to the second floor. I doubt they'll render that many scenes. RE0: The Train, The Research Center, The Chapel Lab, the Final Factory. Then they already have the entire mansion, to have the Courtyard, the Residence, the Caves, the Labs, that's already memory consuming... But then to have RE2 with the Police station, the sewers, the factory, the labs, the train...
Then RE3, Uptown, Downtown, The Clock Tower, The hospital, The Park, the Waste Factory, Then a new scenario.

That would be a LOT of ground to cover. Now, I don't know the Wii's peripherals, but unless it's got like at least 25 gigs of memory on its discs, I don't see it being possible. So we're left with the alternative: Which is to briefly cover each scenario. But even that aside. Just the fact that it's an on-rail shooter with no explorative factor whatsoever, we already know that it's not gonna portray the ACTUAL storyline. So when we add the fact that they're probably gonna skip a few parts in each scenario, we're already missing a big part of the picture.

So, what do I think? I think that, like Wesker's Report, this is gonna be another attempt at giving the new people a quick version of the Resident Evil storyline so that the newbs don't have to play through the original games....

For us, this could be disastrous. Just imagine getting like ten people getting into the guild claiming they know exactly what happened through the entire storyline. Then they come here and say, "What are you talking about!? Chris and Jill never separated in the mansion." And then we have to write more paragraphs explaining why Umbrella Chronicles isn't cannon. (Aside from the last scenario, maybe.)

EDIT: Also, about what you said with the voice actors. It doesn't matter if they have new ones or returning ones, they still have to pay for the voice talent. And it's not contract based, so even the returning voice actors would have to ger rehired.  

Biohazard EXTREME

Kaworu__Nagisa
Crew

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2007 4:44 am
The original series scenarios are probably going to be fairly short, leaving room for the larger, more game-sized, new scenario. Kinda like the "scenes from last week," or whatever on a TV show. At least, that's kinda how I think it should be.  
PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2007 4:55 am
Kaworu__Nagisa
The original series scenarios are probably going to be fairly short, leaving room for the larger, more game-sized, new scenario. Kinda like the "scenes from last week," or whatever on a TV show. At least, that's kinda how I think it should be.
Maybe. But still, they showed the layout of the mansion, and a path going through the entire thing... And it's not like some major, important event happens in every room of the mansion, so I dunno... Maybe they'll skip the courtyard and the residence and go straight to the lab? Or they'll flash through all the important events after finishing the last room in the mansion. And do that...  

Biohazard EXTREME

Kaworu__Nagisa
Crew

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2007 5:10 am
Well, they have to have the mansion AND the lab, those are the two areas that really matter. Besides, on-rails shooters generally go through areas pretty quickly, so they could add more places.  
PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2007 5:16 am
Kaworu__Nagisa
Well, they have to have the mansion AND the lab, those are the two areas that really matter. Besides, on-rails shooters generally go through areas pretty quickly, so they could add more places.
It's not about time, though, it's about memory. Do they have the memory to put all those places? And another thing... When was Umbrella Chronicles announced? Last year? There's no way they'd have time to make all the characters, do the voice work, render ALL the scenes from every game. (Since we had RE0 and RE1, yes, they at least have those areas stored on a computer somewhere, so those are already made... But they'd have to make each area from RE2 and RE3, plus the new chapter... I don't see it as doable in just one year. At least not polished.
We already had a game developed in under a year. Mortal Kombat: Shaolin Monks, and that was one glitchy, badly narrated plot hole maker.
So I doubt they'd go through every single area in RE2 and 3, and if they have the entire RE0 area and RE1 area and not the entire RE2 and 3 areas, it would be very inconsistent. It would be different if they had a little bit of the first 4, then a complete final chapter, because this would be a new chapter, and really, the hilight of the game. But if they recycle every area from REmake and RE0, and then only put some areas from RE2 and 3, this inconsistence would be very disappointing. Especially because we've seen RE0 and RE1 in the GameCube graphics, they were gorgeous... So if they have that... Then give some RE2 and just as you're going, "Oh, my god, this is amazing," and they cut it off, skip some parts, and then go to RE3, you'd be like, "What a ripoff!" But if they have a little bit of 0, then a little bit of REmake, you already know not to expect the full RE2 and 3 games.  

Biohazard EXTREME

Kaworu__Nagisa
Crew

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2007 5:21 am
They were probably working on the project before they announced it.

As for the memory, that's the great thing about the PS3. The discs are Blu-ray, so they can hold so much more data. It's unfortunate that the other systems didn't do anything like that, they just kept the DVD format.  
PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2007 5:29 am
Well that's why I don't think they'd be able to fit all those levels on one little DVD disc. (Never thought I'd be considering DVD memory little.)
Hey, I could always be wrong, and maybe we'll get every single area from each of the games. But I'm not getting my hopes up, and I don't advise anyone else to get their hopes up either. This way, if I'm wrong, it's all the better, and if I'm right, at least we won't be disappointed.  

Biohazard EXTREME

TheBloodRed

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2007 10:52 pm
It will be a great FPS on rails. Lots of decision making and lots of mayhem.  
PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2007 2:25 pm
TheBloodRed
That's kind of contradictory though. on-rail shooters have the least decision making out of all the games in the world. You literally only decide two things:
Which enemy do I shoot first?
and
It gives me an option to take two routes. Which one should I take?

So... Compared to any other Resident Evil game, (aside from Gun Survivor 2 maybe) Dead Aim will probably have the least decision making.

Mayhem, however, yes. There will be a lot of mayhem. I'm looking forward to the game. Not looking forward to spending $300 on it, plus the Wii.  

Biohazard EXTREME

Kaworu__Nagisa
Crew

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2007 8:56 pm
Biohazard EXTREME
TheBloodRed
That's kind of contradictory though. on-rail shooters have the least decision making out of all the games in the world. You literally only decide two things:
Which enemy do I shoot first?
and
It gives me an option to take two routes. Which one should I take?

So... Compared to any other Resident Evil game, (aside from Gun Survivor 2 maybe) Dead Aim will probably have the least decision making.

Mayhem, however, yes. There will be a lot of mayhem. I'm looking forward to the game. Not looking forward to spending $300 on it, plus the Wii.
You mean Umbrella Chronicles, right?  
::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... 67 68 69 70 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces