Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Atheists United

Back to Guilds

A safe and friendly place for Atheists to be themselves. 

Tags: Atheism, Theology, Philosophy, Science, Logic 

Reply The Main Discussion Place
I Just Like Music! Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

SmurfsonAcid

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2006 1:22 pm
Lethkhar
SmurfsonAcid
Queen isn't rock, silly girl.

Then what would you classify it as? confused
Pop. Just because somebody uses instruments doesn't change the mood or style of the music.  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2006 1:58 pm
SmurfsonAcid
Lethkhar
SmurfsonAcid

Then what would you classify it as? confused
Pop. Just because somebody uses instruments doesn't change the mood or style of the music.

Just because it's popular that doesn't automatically leave a certain genre and enter another.

Queen is quite rock. Just like The Rolling Stones. (And don't you DARE call the Rolling Stones "pop" and "not rock")

I could go into the logistics of it if you want. Rock has a certain sound that can be broken down, like an autopsy. You can look at how their songs were constructed and see quite clearly that they often used a I IV V IV I blues bar pattern, a signature of Rock and Roll. They also used an obvious beat, influenced by, I'm willing to bet, Little Richard.  

Lethkhar

Meisugi_Jaganshi

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 8:25 pm
I'm not too big a fan of the newer bands or singers. I stick with the semi-old stuff like Third Eye Blind, Michelle Branch, Vertical Horizon, Goo Goo Dolls, and Dido.

I also like any kind of Asian music. domokun  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 5:51 am
I like the Beatles the most. The other bands I like are AC/DC, Reel Big Fish, TMBG, and Rush.  

Fenky

Wheezing Humorist

IDTgoo

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 5:42 pm
My s**t:

It Dies Today
Decaptitated
Mutiilation
Dark Funeral
Children Of Bodom
Immortal  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2006 1:52 am
Right now.... I'm listening to Heavenly Star by Genki Rockets and 30 Seconds to Mars. Oi, I need to buy some more CDs.  

TofuDreamer

Muaethia

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2006 9:21 am
I've probably asked this before xd

But has anyone ever heard of the British band Faithless?

They're really... different. Sort of dance, I suppose, but not like modern day 'dance' shite that's in the charts, they did a few uberuber trance tracks in the 90's but now their music is really beautiful, very political, pacifist and calm. Makes you think.

Their latest music video is in my profile if anyone wants to check it out <3

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2006 2:06 pm
SmurfsonAcid

I'm quite sure it is..  

DaniSeal

Status Quo Joe

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2006 9:30 am
The Good The Bad and the Leftover Crack  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2006 12:16 pm
Does anyone here listen to Papa Roach? I'm just curious.

Sanguvixen

Lethkhar

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2006 1:39 pm
Muaethia
I've probably asked this before xd

But has anyone ever heard of the British band Faithless?

They're really... different. Sort of dance, I suppose, but not like modern day 'dance' shite that's in the charts, they did a few uberuber trance tracks in the 90's but now their music is really beautiful, very political, pacifist and calm. Makes you think.

Their latest music video is in my profile if anyone wants to check it out <3

I'm listening to a song by them called Insomnia right now. They sound like Daft Punk or something...Interesting. Definitely meant to be danced to.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2006 8:02 pm
Sanguvixen

I have a few songs. Getting Away With Murder and Scars are probably my favorite ones.  

Tenth Speed Writer

Sanguvixen

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 2:22 pm
Tenth Speed Writer
Sanguvixen

I have a few songs. Getting Away With Murder and Scars are probably my favorite ones.

Oh ok. Cool.

Yeah...Getting Away With Murder has to be one of my favorites.

I've got three CD's. I went to Barnes and Nobles, and found a 3rd CD that I didn't know existed. I love it! heart

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2006 10:56 pm
I'd like to lay a couple songs by Rush out there.

The first, is Freewill. It's meaning is quite obvious once you've gone over the lyrics one, and I think it captures the attitude perfectly.

The other, I wrote a once-through of for songmeanings.net. The name of it is Closer to the Heart, and I believe it's the greatest expression of my dreams for the world that's ever been written.. a very inspirational song. Quite well sung as well, of course.

Quote:

And the men who hold high places
Must be the ones to start
To mould a new reality
Closer to the Heart

The first is quite obvious. Those who's voices carry the most weight in things must lead others "closer to the heart."

The Blacksmith and the Artist
Reflect it in their art
Forge their creativity
Closer to the Heart

All things. Media, the building blocks of society its self must reflect the desire to go forward.

Philosophers and Ploughmen
Each must know his part
To sow a new mentality
Closer to the Heart

It's everyone's part to do this. A place exists for everyone, and they need to know what that is, and do their very best in that, no matter who they may be.

You can be the Captain
I will draw the Chart
Sailing into destiny
Closer to the Heart

This is probably the deepest part of the song. On the surface, it seemed like the songwriter's admission that he isn't the one to lead. Looking further though, it's an attitude that many should follow: Don't grab for power just because it's there. Let those that can do the job better than you, do that job. Focus on what it is you do best, and think about it.

Tenth Speed Writer

To_die_for

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 4:32 pm
I love rock music and alternative. My favorite artists are Marilyn Manson, Gorillaz, and Panic! At the Disco. As I'm sure most of you here will agree with me on this one, I HATE Country music.  
The Main Discussion Place

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff