Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gothic Fairyland - the official Kaori Yuki guild

Back to Guilds

Reply Gothic Fairyland - the official Kaori Yuki guild
!Random Talk! Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... 24 25 26 27 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Vi Sparklemist

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2004 9:41 am
Sanekazura
Vi Sparklemist
But Sweden is Sweden. The day I see a dancing dragon on the streets of my town... must be after I've eaten something really weird. sweatdrop

I tried to picture a dancing dragon in my hometown as well... xp it would never happen! Unless i make one myself and go out and dance. Maybe i could ask Sono for help?
Vi Sparklemist
Christmas concert, 'eh? May I ask what you play?

I'm a violin player. 3nodding Not an exceptionally good one, but I'm doing my best.

Please, Please invite me if you do xd
A dancing dragon in Sweden is a must see.
(I bet you could make lots of money from it whee )

I wish I could play the violin as well. I love its sound, so... shrieking. xp
No really, violins are wonderful. Though I think I'll stick with my keyboard, It's nice and easy to play. (Especially since I can't read notes... Or not many of them, at least.)

Sonoshi
hey! I was playing at the christmas consert too! 3nodding I'm playing the drums!

Drums are cool as well! biggrin I find them really hard to play though, cheers to you who have mastered them.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2004 3:57 am
Vi Sparklemist
Please, Please invite me if you do xd
A dancing dragon in Sweden is a must see.
(I bet you could make lots of money from it whee )

Now that's an idea... You really think people would be willing to pay? Hmmm... We could start a business!
Vi Sparklemist

I wish I could play the violin as well. I love its sound, so... shrieking. xp
No really, violins are wonderful. Though I think I'll stick with my keyboard, It's nice and easy to play. (Especially since I can't read notes... Or not many of them, at least.)

That's right, wonderful, not shrieking! Never call the violin shrieking in front of a violinist, we're pretty rabid when it comes to defend the honor of our beloved instrument. xp So you play keyboard? I'd like to do that as well...
Sai-kun

If you make a dancing dragon, take pics! ^_^
And hey, knowing how to play an instrument is better than not knowing how to play any!

Hey, Sono, we have to make a dragon now... And take pics!
Maybe, but we're all talented in some way. Is there anyone else here who plays an instrument?

And Sono, i was so sure I had changed the banner. My memory isn't what it was before christmas. xp  

Kamikaze Pedestrian
Crew

Vi Sparklemist

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2004 4:26 am
Sanekazura
Now that's an idea... You really think people would be willing to pay? Hmmm... We could start a business!

Well, why not? I'd gladly pay to see a dancing dragon.
..But since I'm part of your guild I don't have to pay full price, right? wink
Sanekazura

That's right, wonderful, not shrieking! Never call the violin shrieking in front of a violinist, we're pretty rabid when it comes to defend the honor of our beloved instrument. xp So you play keyboard? I'd like to do that as well...

I know, I know whee
One of my friends play it as well, and I love teasing her with that.
But I really like the sound of violins, along with the piano it's my favorite instrument. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2004 5:43 am
Vi Sparklemist
Well, why not? I'd gladly pay to see a dancing dragon.
..But since I'm part of your guild I don't have to pay full price, right? wink

Special price for all the members, of course! 3nodding We also have a very generous family price.
Vi Sparklemist
I know, I know whee
One of my friends play it as well, and I love teasing her with that.
But I really like the sound of violins, along with the piano it's my favorite instrument. 3nodding

i used to go in a musicclass, and the strings and the wind instrumenĀ“ts were always at war... Aaah, those were the days.  

Kamikaze Pedestrian
Crew

Shura Yukihime

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2004 1:31 am
Me... I'm a Grade 8 Pianist. blaugh

Ah, and dancing dragons-wise, here's a pic to help you along:

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

For a basic dragon dance, you need:

The dragon puppet... basically it looks like the pic.
Quite a few strong guys to do acrobatic stuff with the dragon puppet, such as waving it around for a long time, and lying and getting off the floor very quickly.
A LOT of noise, produced by only drums and cymbals.
A few colorful flags.

If you like to make it more interesting, throw in a lion dance too. Images can be found on Yahoo.

Or then again, if Sweden has a Chinatown, go there around the 9 and 10th of February.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2004 10:27 am
How come everytime there's bugs and glitches on Gaia, everytime the sushi or cheese server won't cooperate... This Guild still works? I've put a link to it on my favorites, and it's always possible to access it xd

Good guild *pet*

Shura Yukihime

For a basic dragon dance, you need:

The dragon puppet... basically it looks like the pic.
Quite a few strong guys to do acrobatic stuff with the dragon puppet, such as waving it around for a long time, and lying and getting off the floor very quickly.
A LOT of noise, produced by only drums and cymbals.
A few colorful flags.

If you like to make it more interesting, throw in a lion dance too. Images can be found on Yahoo.

Or then again, if Sweden has a Chinatown, go there around the 9 and 10th of February.

Well, Sonoshi could always play the drums. One problem less. whee
I don't think there's a Chinatown here, at least not that I know of...  

Vi Sparklemist

Sai-kun
Captain

Dapper Fairy

9,300 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2004 7:50 pm
I personally like the lion dance better.
The lions are cute XD
You throw lettuce at them and they maul it XD
And you can put luck red envelopes (they have money in them) in their mouths as they pass.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2004 9:58 pm
Lion Dances are nice too... But I find the Dragon ones more fascinating. More interesting acrobatics. blaugh Actually, I haven't seen a real Lion Dance live in a while... Should go see when CNY comes around.

Ah, and should watch one of the Wong Fei Hong movies for more interesting animals... If I remember right, there was a centipede, a chicken, a crab, a unicorn, and a few other I can't quite think of in addition to the standard ones...  

Shura Yukihime

Vi Sparklemist

PostPosted: Sat Dec 25, 2004 3:23 am
Merry Christmas!
..dear guild and all members! Hope you all have a good time today.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 25, 2004 2:57 pm
Vi Sparklemist
Merry Christmas!
..dear guild and all members! Hope you all have a good time today.

To you too, I hope you all had a great day and family time.
Not forgetting the wonderful Christmas dinners... yummy.  

dysfunctional.reality

Sai-kun
Captain

Dapper Fairy

9,300 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
PostPosted: Sat Dec 25, 2004 7:49 pm
Merry Christmas to all!! ::heartheart::  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 25, 2004 10:25 pm
Ah, I think I'm one day late by just about everyone's standards, but anyways,

MERRY CHRISTMAS ALL!

Shura Yukihime

Kamikaze Pedestrian
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2004 8:40 am
Vi Sparklemist
How come everytime there's bugs and glitches on Gaia, everytime the sushi or cheese server won't cooperate... This Guild still works? I've put a link to it on my favorites, and it's always possible to access it

It's not like that for me! I haven't been able to go on the guild for some time now because of that. Stupid computers hate me... stare

Shura Yukihime

Oh, I don't think there is a Chinatown here... at least not like there is in other countries.

But me and Sono went to the closest thing to "Japantown", a street in Stockholm where they have a lot of japanese shops and resturants.
Have you heard of it, Sparklemist?
Anyway, I bought myself some manga in japanese. xd  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2004 9:06 am
Sanekazura
But me and Sono went to the closest thing to "Japantown", a street in Stockholm where they have a lot of japanese shops and resturants.
Have you heard of it, Sparklemist?
Anyway, I bought myself some manga in japanese. xd

And I bought Pocky Stick! *yummie* heart

... Suddenly, I feel a bit more incompetent than my sister... sweatdrop  

Sonoshi
Crew

Vi Sparklemist

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2004 10:51 am
Sanekazura

It's not like that for me! I haven't been able to go on the guild for some time now because of that. Stupid computers hate me... stare

The guilds wasn't up for anyone due to the damned taco database-thing. I guess it died just because I said it was always up xd  
Gothic Fairyland - the official Kaori Yuki guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... 24 25 26 27 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff