Welcome to Gaia! ::

Byako, City of Everything

Back to Guilds

Byako, the city of everything. A city hundreds of miles in size where anything can and does happy on a daily basis Join the random sillyness 

Tags: plushie, city, random, silly, Byako 

Reply Byako, City of Everything Main Forum
The Alkemist ~the RP~ Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Welcome!
I am a fangirl
8%
 8%  [ 2 ]
I am a fanboy
8%
 8%  [ 2 ]
I am a fan of gold
30%
 30%  [ 7 ]
Oh dear... what is going on...?
52%
 52%  [ 12 ]
Total Votes : 23

silentdraconis
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 12:23 pm
Die looked up, then tilted her head, listening to the sounds of the mostly empty building. There was, indeed, someone downstairs. And they seemed to have found the small library stashed behind the bar with everything else.
"Aaa... I thought I put the closed sign up!" She left the remaining half-stack of papers on her desk and hurried out into the long room that filled 3/4s of the third floor. she rummaged through the papers that had come up stairs with them, and separated out a relatively small stack, approximately half-an-inch thick of mostly blue papers. "I'll have to deal with them. Look these over while I'm gone, see if anything catches your eye. When I get back we can talk about it."
Then she was gone, her feet pattering on the wooden steps as she hurried down.
In the Alkemist proper, Die found somebody sitting behind the bar, nose in what was purportedly a good book (Die had never gotten around to reading it herself). She went to the customer side of the bar and leaned her elbows on the counter.
"Excuse me--can I help you?"  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 6:21 am
The person looked up at Die, eyebrows raised. A single candy cigarette was held loosely between her lips.

"Plain white toast." The person spoke, revealing a definately female voice. After a moment she shook her head, then sat up straight, showing a slightly more feminine figure (her curves had been hidden by her jacket).

"Actually, no, just a Mike's hard Lime would be good."

"I'll get that!" Rowen had been watching from the kitchen, and took the opportunity to go behind the bar, to a small freezer he knew to be there, and pulled out the young woman's drink of choice.

"I can take care of this, Die." He was pretty sure she had something more important to be doing, what with the new 'diner' and all, plus it finally gave him something to do...

The newcomer arched an eyebrow at the young man, but said nothing. She didn't care, as long as she got her drink.  

Rowen McNeill

silentdraconis
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 10:17 am
Die smiled at the reference and was turning to fulfill the request when Rowen darted in to take care of it. She blinked. He was supposed to be upstairs, going through those papers and picking the division he wanted to head.
"Ah- but... I needed you to look through those pap-" She began, before being interrupted by the phone.
Die threw her hands up in the air in defeat and marched over to the end of the bar. "I got it..." She sighed, composed herself and lifted the receiver on the third ring.
"Hello, Alkemist Dance Club, Die Drache, speaking."

((This is the beginning of a conversation spanning two threads, and as such this post will continue to grow as said conversation is edited in.))  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 8:53 am
The young woman at the bar looked at the dragon-woman, shrugged, and went back to her book. As long as she got her Mikes, she didn't really care what was going on. The drink appeared before her, and she thanked the bartender, not even bothering to look up as she began to drink from the bottle. Good thing Rowen had opened it, or else she would have gotten a mouth full of cap.

"Here you go miss. Pap-? -! Oh! Right! Sorry... Just... Uh..." He looked at the newcomer, who was still reading, and then back at Die. "Right, sure, maybe it'll give me some idea as to what's going on." He shrugged, and then went back upstairs to see if he could get some handle on the paperwork which he was apparently expected to do something about.

The young woman at the bar ignored the clueless young man, and continued to read her book. She wasn't unaware of the phone conversation going on, and glanced over her shoulder at the empty room just when she heard the word 'dance'. There was an old Jukebox in the corner, but it didn't seem to be playing anything. She wanted to be glad, but couldn't pull it off...

((Actually, I couldn't find anything about a Jukebox in the description... Do we care? ^_^; wink )  

Rowen McNeill

silentdraconis
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 8:24 pm
((Not really. There's a whole DJ set up in one corner (sans DJ, of course) ))

Die looked at the phone and blinked. "Hello? Hello?" After receiving no reply, she shrugged and hung up the phone. "It seems they do not wish to speak with me," she muttered. With Rowen, hopefully, looking through the documents she'd received earlier, she had a moment free to clean up the bar and make lunch. Even if he WAS the Head Sandwich Maker, she figured he'd like a break.
Within a few minutes, the Bar was sparkling, and Die was vanished into the kitchen to assemble- something. She wasn't sure what yet, just that it would be delicious.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2009 3:00 pm
Die tossed a polite nod to the woman at the bar and climbed the stairs to talk to Rowen.
"Did you find anything? I glanced at them earlier--looked like there were deeds for a few places. Some factory that was supposed to be a Diner, a tower, a library--don't know why that came with it--and some underground network. Oh, and a flying city-thing from Hell." It was clear she hadn't looked to hard at the deeds she'd been given. The Factory included numerous sub-levels and special certifications that only seemed applicable if it were meant for far more than it seemed and the Tower was much the same. The city was an apocalypse looking for a place to happen. The Library was almost a legend, and the Underways were only whispered about.
Die really had no idea what had just been handed to her.  

silentdraconis
Vice Captain

Rowen McNeill

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2009 3:59 pm
In one hand was the deeds to the tower and the factory, in the other hand was the deed to the library. The tower and factory might have been interesting, but... Library... Shiny... Not to mention the kind of fun chaos underways usually led to...

And then he realized she had said something.

"Well, ah, have you seen any of these properties? I mean, in person?" He looked at the library, and bit his bottom lip thoughtfully. "I've been to a library, but last time I checked it exploded. That was a while ago though..."

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2009 4:32 pm
"Same Library," She replied, making a face. "It got un-exploded. It's also infested with monsters." She plopped down on a convenient stool and propped her head on a hand. "I've seen the Tower--it was supposed to be a diner, but I think they got the paperwork mixed up and sold me that instead. It's a bit run-down-looking, but stable. Inside's nice, really high tech. I had trouble with the basements, so I don't know what all is down there, but it looks salvageable. The factory looks like a warehouse, and the flying city-thing from Hell looks like a flying city-thing from Hell with some flowers growing on it. I haven't been to the underground thing."  

silentdraconis
Vice Captain

Rowen McNeill

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2009 1:08 pm
He arched an eyebrow, but said nothing. He nodded once when she mentioned the monsters, and twice when she mentioned the tower/diner mix-up. As far as he knew she was right, but that was pretty sloppy work.

Oh well, he liked technology. The tower might be pretty fun. Of course, he'd have to check out the basements...

"So, we get light warriors for the library and..." he paged through the deeds, " the basement of the tower..." some more flipping, "and the underground thing."

He looked up at her thoughtfully.

"Or would that cost too much? I guess we could just send the light warriors to eradicate the monsters, and take care of the tower basement and underground ourselves. Thing is, now that I'm thinking about it, I'd like to do something about the library myself. You know, make sure nothing gets damaged..."

And then he seemed to remember something.

"Flowers? What kind of flowers? Hell flowers?" And then another thought. "And there goes my mental image of a flying fire-y Manhattan Island..."

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2009 11:55 am
"Ahh... Light Warriors for the Underground--I think I have enough in savings--if we can get them. I heard the last group that went in rolled out a few days later as a couple of bleached skulls. Where they bleached them, i have no clue." Die looked over the pages. "Library we'll do ourselves--shouldn't be too hard. There's some spirit bound there that can help us out. As for the Tower basement... it shouldn't need much fighting--it's just a bunch of puzzle and weird locks and stuff." She selected one from the pile--the deed to the warehouse.
"I like this place, though. It has potential. there's a bunch or production equipment set out in boxes and under tarps. And the grounds looked like it was absorbing some grounds while I was over-head, so we might get more than is written in here..."  

silentdraconis
Vice Captain

Rowen McNeill

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2009 5:24 pm
"A couple of bleached... So, what happened to the other two? I always thought light warriors traveled in fours. Though, now that I think about it, that strikes me as a black-mage thing, and you know what people say about thieves." Rowen paused. "Though, I tend not to believe it."

"Ok, so which do we do first? The library or the tower basement? Honestly, I think the library would take more time to... ah... explore. Yes. We should check inventory while were there. Or at least, I could..."

"The grounds were gaining grounds? You mean... it was getting bigger while you were there? Was it eating up the surrounding buildings and streets, or was the inside just getting... bigger?" He paused, and bit the tip of his tongue contemplatively. After a moment, he added: "You know, that sounds like Time Lord technology. Brilliant!"

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2009 9:50 pm
"Nobody knows," was the half-dragon's reply. She thought a moment. "Thieves steal the gold off the walls?" but he was already on to the next topic, so she shook her head and refocused. "The Library will be the most fighting. The Basement will be mostly locks and puzzles and mazes--that place is really really confusing..." (something that might have had a smidgen to do with her terrible sense of direction.)
"I couldn't tell. Probably the latter. The boundary was expanding, but nothing was disappearing or even moving really, despite the fact that more buildings were cropping up inside the compound. So it's taking up more space without messing with anything around it." She smiled at his Doctor reference. "It does."  

silentdraconis
Vice Captain

Frostborne_PrettyGirl
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 12:20 pm
Esteban walked into the The Alkemist and strode over to the bar, knocking on it ever so slightly to grab the attention of the barkeep. "Is this the resident of one, Die Dracht," he said, nonchalantly. "If so, I would like to speak with her."  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 10:11 pm
"And of course a GPS system wouldn't work in any of these places. But as long as we bring our Sonic Screwdrivers, we should be alright." He paused for a moment. "You know, that really sounds like the name of a drink..."

Sam glanced up from her book, looked around, and then turned back to her book. She hadn't been asked to mind the bar, or any other part of the club for that matter, so she didn't. Had she been asked to mind it though, she would have easily enough.

Of course, she didn't know for certain who this 'Die Dracht' was, since neither of the establishment's two employees introduced themselves; but she could make an educated guess.

"... Did you hear something?"  

Rowen McNeill

Frostborne_PrettyGirl
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 10:25 pm
With a slam, Esteban dropped his briefcase onto the top of the bar, and with a glance, looked in the direction of the one person he could see in the room. "Excuse me miss," he said, trying to sound as kind as possible, "would the owner of this establishment, Die Dracht, be you?"  
Byako, City of Everything Main Forum

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff