Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Sword of Truth Guild, For Terry Goodkind Fans!

Back to Guilds

"Choose, then. With us or not. But choose this day for all time." 

Tags: truth, sword, richard, series, goodkind 

Reply RP Haven
NEW! Sword of Truth Roleplay! SLOWLY BEING UPDATED! Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... 20 21 22 23 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

WEEB_QUEEN

Kawaii Shoujo

13,950 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Conventioneer 300
PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 1:37 pm
(( I must interject. I agree with Terry as well with Darken and Zedd/Hack as well. These kinds of things are going to happen all the time, and there is not much that can be done about it. Yes, we as lovers of Terry's books and he himself should probably follow after his examples, but it is simply not that easy. I myself do not have the heart to discontinue this rp. Not now, not at this point in time. I am sure that if Terry understood our way of thinking upon this matter, and if he could understand the explanation Gal and Lord Rahl have given, then he might see things from our point of view. For now, even with this information, I feel it safe, and alright to continue with the rp. As the admin, I am making the call, unless we are further notified that we can no longer do this by law or whatever, then for now, let us continue on. After all, most all of the characters I have created with the exception of Zedd and Nathan, are original. None except those mentioned were actual characters in Goodkind's novels. Yes, the locations we use in the rp are the same, but...they must be. That is the way of things. ))  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 2:32 pm
((I'm glad that no one decided to stop; I would have been lost and crestfallen. I've been waiting to do a good, a really really good, Sword of Truth roleplay for a long time. I'm glad we share the same ideas to continue. ^^))  

[.Notebook_Paper.]

Devout Gaian

8,700 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Tycoon 200

Calintz the Doppelganger

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 2:59 pm
((I was worried when I read this, but after hearing Darken and Zedd's explanations, I agree they make sense. I also see why Terry would be upset, but we're just doing this for fun. I mean its not like we're going to go out and make our RolePlay into a book. We're just having fun.

I'm glad everything is settled, was worried my first RP would end in such a way.))  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 5:57 pm
((We credit the ideas as belonging to Terry Goodkind, and are not trying to pass off what he created as our own, nor are we attempting to make a profit off of his ideas without his express permission. As far as I know, none of us have used a direct quote from his work without citing it (I even cited the Baka Tau Mana clarification). We are in no way breaking the law. Terry might not approve of this RP, but if we sought approval on everything, nothing would get done.))  

Galapagos James

6,500 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Hygienic 200

Calintz the Doppelganger

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 6:04 pm
((Good point.))  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 8:08 pm
(( Well then, I do believe this matter is settled then. The rp continues on as planned. Nora dear, I do not believe we shall be getting a Nathan, and perhaps soon, the appropriate time may be upon us for you to hop in as Nathan, since I have given you the express permission to rp as Nathan, as I haven given Zedd permission to also rp as Hack. I believe it may very well be my turn...^^ ))

Amara sighed lightly as the men left the room, turning her emerald gaze upon Nora as the woman also bid them farewell. Amara did indeed notice the grin upon the woman's lips and could not help but smile herself, though she did her best to supress the smile, as well as the small bit of laughter that threatened to erupt from within her. Somehow, even in the most somber of situations and the hardest of times, Nora always somehow managed to lift her spirits. Without a moment's hesitation, Nora had abruptly turned on her heels to face her, crossing her arms defiantly across her chest momentarily as she seemed to observe Amara. Amara's smiled faded, as she tilted her head to the side, examining Nora.
Amara knew what was to come. She was sure to be scolded. Though, Amara sensed Nora understood at least somewhat how taxing the situation was for Amara.
The thoughts Nora seemed to be thinking did not clearly register upon the woman's facial features. Eventually, the woman raised an eyebrow, as a humorous smirk overcame her features. Dropping her arms to her sides with a sigh, Nora shook her head, closing the distance between herself and Amara, where Amara stood behind the desk.
Amara blinked a couple of times, watching the woman with a gentle smile upon her face.
Amara smiled reassuringly at Nora as the woman spoke. But she had not expected the woman to mimick her so, pinching the bridge of her nose, and exhaling. Bringing the hand down, she smiled at Amara, a sympathetic and friendly smile all rolled into one, a smile Nora rarely ever showed anyone but Amara.
Amara could not help herself as she laughed lightly, smiling at Nora.
" I give you my solemn oath as the Mother Confessor that I shall not worry you so again, Mistress Nora,"Amara teased, coming around the desk to stand at Nora's side.
After a brief moment of silence, Amara cosidered what she should do now. Darken had gone about the tasks he was ordered to see to, Zedd, Lophus, and Hack had gone to leave for the Wizard's Keep. This left Amara, and Nora, all alone in the concil room of the Confessor's Palace.
Amara chewed on her lower lip as she thought, staring at Nora's Agiel for a moment before looking up into the woman's face.
" Let us go visit our guest...Calintz, shall we?,"Amara offered, smiling gently.

WEEB_QUEEN

Kawaii Shoujo

13,950 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Conventioneer 300

Lophus Rahl

Enduring Gaian

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 10:01 pm
Lophus eyes became wide at the feel of the spells within the room as they took in the great many books that had not been touched, much less seen for many thousands of years.
"How did you find this place, Zedd?"
He wondered if even his father had known this place existed. He felt a longing to run through and begin reading all the books here and investigating the objects of magic, but knew better than to ignore Zedd's warning. He waited silently for Zedd to show them what he had found.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 10:32 pm
"You see, I was looking deeper into the Keep for any libraries that neither Richard nor I had yet found. Unfortunately, so of the shields preserving some of the more dangerous, more valuable rooms have weakened due to the Chimes. The staircase we just descended back their was laced all over with once powerful webs that I doubt even Richard could pass. But many have fallen, and others weakened. And here i ended up. I let my gift guide me to opening this door so I wouldn't trigger any shields, and here we are."

Carefully, he reached into his pocket and pulled out what appeared to be a small gray rock that fit into the palm of his hand. He held it out on an upturned palm so they could see it clearly.

Zedd grinned. "Do you know what this is?"  

First Wizard Zorander
Vice Captain

First Wizard Zorander
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 10:40 pm
Hack leaned forward and peered at the object in Zedd's hand. Baffled by the world of magic, he wondered how Zedd would be able to convince him that this wasn't just a rock. He could see no defining features, no shapes or symbols in it. It looked just like any other rock. But he knew better than to question the wisdom of a wizard in such matters, things beyond his understanding of the world around them.

"I don't see anything about it. It looks just like a rock. Are you saying it's something more?" He folded his arms across his chest and leaned back. He watched the smirk stretch wider on the old wizard's face. This 'rock' seemed to excite Zedd more than it should have.What was he getting at with some dumb rock?  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 11:25 pm
Lophus almost jumped with glee at seeing the rock. He had read up on them and was told a bit about it by his father.
"That, Hack, is a wizard's rock."
He stated as if everyone should know what it is. He looked up into Zedd's eyes wondering what he had planned that would bring cause for such magic to be brought forth. Wizard's never used their rocks without just cause.

Lophus Rahl

Enduring Gaian

[.Notebook_Paper.]

Devout Gaian

8,700 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2007 1:13 pm
Nora nodded at Amara's suggestion, her smile returning to normal, and pushed herself off of the table when the woman had walked all the way around and towards the door. She walked swiftly behind her charge, her red braid picked up slightly in the the sureness of her step, until the doors were cleared then quickened her step the slightest bit to walk beside her as she often did when they were alone. She nodded to a few guards as they passed them, but she remained otherwise biased to her company and thoughts of the man of the Baka Tau Mana.  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2007 7:46 pm
"Exactly correct. This is a Wizard's Rock. I lost mine a long time ago sometime during the beginning of the dealings with the Order. These are very rare, but powerful tools of magic to a wizard." Zedd lifted his finger to the sky. "These, when used by a wizard or sorceress, take you into an alternate perspective of the world, based on desire. For example, when I have too many thoughts on my mind and too many things to trouble over, this rock will put my mind into a perspective of the current world like a free bird or dragon soaring freely through the sky without any cares at all." Zedd grasped the rock in his hand as he paced back and forth in front of them. "This room is laced with amplifying magic that greatly increases any magic used within it. It supplies its own defenses and therefore it can never be damaged. You see, this rock was here in this room. I'll bet a dragon's tooth they used it thousands of years ago to see the world as I saw it."

Zedd stopped pacing and went to the center of the black and white carpet. He set the stone in the middle and held his finger over top of it. Slowly he started rotating his finger in a counter-clockwise motion over the rock. It seemed to take on a liquidy texture as it started spinning in unison with his finger. Colorful bands of light shone out from under the rock as it spun, growing in size. Once it was large enough to fit two people onto, he stopped and the rock stopped dead as if it had been solid the whole time.

The air about him seemed drawn to the rock starting at the ceiling and the floor like it had last time he had done this. He could already feel the magic of the chamber tapping into the magic in the rock.

Zedd looked over at Lophus and the awestruck Hack and grinned. "This is where the fun begins"  

First Wizard Zorander
Vice Captain

WEEB_QUEEN

Kawaii Shoujo

13,950 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Conventioneer 300
PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2007 6:18 pm
Amara's footsteps resounded lightly off the polished marble floors and echoed down the hall broad corridors as she and Nora made their way to the room where Calintz was being held. Amara thought it best if she go and speak with him, leaving one less task for her brother to see to when he returned from the Keep with Hack and hopefully Zedd as well. Several people passed Amara on their way about their duties as she took long legged strides down the corridors, Nora close behind her. As they passed her, most dipped a head, or nodded in acknowledgement of her presence. Though most would completly stop, and approach her, bow, and greet her, with a simple " Good afternoon Mother Confessor,"or simply, " Mother Confessor,"spoken of course, in the most reverent toned voices.
Amara would simply smile that special, Mother Confessor smile which she had inherited from her mother, and bow, or dip her head in greeting. Amara knew that in such times as these, she, her brother, as well as her great-grandfather were all important figureheads that the people looked up to and trusted. It gave them heart to be acknowledged by their leaders.

Amara did the best she could to boost the morale of her people, but somehow, on a day like this, she could not manage to boost her own. Somemuch had already happened upon this day of mourning, not to mention, as was custom, there would be a ceremony and small devotion later that night in honor of Amara and Lophus' parents.
If the rain did not let up, it would surely be a somber occassion. Usually, as was custom in last year's ceremony, the devotion to the Lord Rahl would be spoken in the grand hall of the Confessor's Palace, and immediately following, there would be a feast in their honor. The feast and usually the small celebration that followed was to celebrate their passing into the hands of the Creator. Though it was a somber occassion for those who were once close to them, like Zedd, Amara and Lophus had always been told by their parents, that should they die, they were not to mourn them, but be happy, for they were always with them in spirit, and watching over them from the Creator's realm.

Amara paused, turning left down a narrower corridor, and before long, and stopped before a small room, with an oaken door guarded by two D'Haran soldiers. Amara composed herself properly, and allowed the calm mask of the Mother Confessor settle into her features. She nodded to both soldiers, as they in turn both clapped a fist to their heart.
Immediately, the one on the right grabbed the door handle and opened the door for her. Amara nodded gratefully at him and stepped into the room, pausing to glance over her shoulder to motion Nora forth with her.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2007 7:11 pm
Calintz came awake when he heard the door open. He quickly came to his feet, leaving the chair. As he stood next to the chair waiting to see who was coming in, he sat the book he a brought with him on the table. He let his arms fall to his sides, relaxing them. He had nothing to hide.

Calintz waited, then was surprised to see both the Mother Confessor and Mord-Sith walk into the room. Calintz fell to his knees in a bow to the Mother Confessor.  

Calintz the Doppelganger

WEEB_QUEEN

Kawaii Shoujo

13,950 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Conventioneer 300
PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 9:38 am
(( Watch your tense in that one sentence hun. It should be: " he sat the book he had brought with him upon the table." You said: " he sit," that's so wrong. Just be careful with that ok?. ))

Amara smiled diligently as she slipped silently into the room, Nora right behind her. Once inside, the two large D' Haran guards closed the door behind them, and took up their positions outside the door once more. Amara's calm emerald gaze settled upon Calintz, who had fallen to his knees in a bow. Amara smiled calmly, as she stepped closer to him, and leaned down, placing a firm hand upon his shoulder. " Rise my child,"Amara spoke in a silken, yet soft toned voice. As she watched Calintz, she studied not only his appearance, but his overall bearing. Her emerald optics flickered from him a moment, to rest upon the book laying upon the small table. Amara paused, her eyes studying the book for a moment before returning her gaze to Calintz.
" What's this?,"Amara asked in a curious tone, using her right hand to trace the cover of the book.

RP Haven

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... 20 21 22 23 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff