Welcome to Gaia! ::

Numenore - A LOTR Community

Back to Guilds

Tags: Lotr, Tolkien 

Reply Mittalmar - Original Archives
Guild Announcements - Updated in Dec. 2nd 2006 (IMPORTANT) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... 29 30 31 32 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Menegil
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2004 3:42 pm
Falathrim is back! Praise be to Eru!!

Yes, I'm thinking of a "Roll Call" each month, to determine who and who doesn't post. The ones that don't will be notified of their absence, and will be requested to send in the reason of said absence.

And I'm actually developing a test for the newcomers. I hope that you can aid me in this task, fellow Crew Members.

If you want to suggest questions, send them over by PM, along with answers. We don't want people to be able to search for the answers inside guild... ninja

Also, welcome elf_witch! She seems literate enough. But nevertheless, she is in the "experience phase". If she doesn't post for a week, she's booted.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2004 4:24 pm
Possible question.

In the year 590 of the First Age, the Eldar were granted pardon by the Valar and the Edain given a new home. Asssuming that Numenore was 65 degrees west of south of what remained of the hill of Himring (now an island), that Numenore is exactly easy of Taniquetil, and that the Girdle of Arda was 1300 miles south of Himring, how far was Numenore from Himring?

Extra credit if you can find all six values, not just the one requested.

Himling? Himring? Damn HoME confuse me. Tolkien used both... And I made those numbers up.

EDIT: Menegil, it's not possible to be a Maiar.  

Falathrim

Menegil
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2004 4:31 pm
Falathrim
Possible question.

In the year 590 of the First Age, the Eldar were granted pardon by the Valar and the Edain given a new home. Asssuming that Numenore was 65 degrees west of south of what remained of the hill of Himring (now an island), that Numenore is exactly easy of Taniquetil, and that the Girdle of Arda was 1300 miles south of Himring, how far was Numenore from Himring?

Extra credit if you can find all six values, not just the one requested.

Himling? Himring? Damn HoME confuse me. Tolkien used both... And I made those numbers up.

EDIT: Menegil, it's not possible to be a Maiar.
Hhhhmm

What? What are you talking about?! Who spoke of "being a Maiar"? *is confused*  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2004 4:32 pm
I be pointing at your signature right now. Yes, that I be doing.  

Falathrim

Menegil
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2004 4:35 pm
Falathrim
I be pointing at your signature right now. Yes, that I be doing.
AAH! My identity crisis... xd

I need to change that...

Note: The Fellowship Sticky contains ONE link now! The Last Alliance RP Guild. Please suggest other links I might input. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2004 9:38 pm
What about the Tolkien Guild? Granted I joined it, never posted there, and now never venture there again I thought I should suggest it.  

Onoj

Falathrim

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2004 10:02 pm
I've been banned from the Tolkien guild due to inactivity. xp  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2004 10:23 pm
I probably have too. There was no point in that guild. They had one post about every two weeks.  

Onoj

Zurgi

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2004 3:06 pm
I never knew it existed biggrin Woot.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2004 3:08 pm
Zurgiea
I never knew it existed biggrin Woot.

Neither did I.

...Or did you mean the The Last Alliance guild?  

Khorkalba

Onoj

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2004 3:12 pm
No it is called the Tolkien Guild. I am still a member of The Last Alliance Guild.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2004 3:15 pm
Onoj
No it is called the Tolkien Guild. I am still a member of The Last Alliance Guild.

I know. What I was asking was, whether it was the Tolkien guild she hadn't heard of or the Last Alliance guild.  

Khorkalba

Zurgi

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2004 3:25 pm
I meant I never heard of the Tolkien guild *nods* I know of Last Alliance.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2004 4:12 pm
Oh sorry. Lol I can't believe I made that mistake. sweatdrop  

Onoj

curumo

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2004 4:14 pm
*changes subject*

Mock Trial, woo. whee

Report. And Menegil should post. 3nodding  
Mittalmar - Original Archives

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... 29 30 31 32 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff