Welcome to Gaia! ::

::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::

Back to Guilds

The only guild on Gaia where hardcore Resident Evil fans can come and experience complete safe haven. Welcome! 

Tags: Resident Evil, Biohazard, Raccoon City, T-Virus, Umbrella 

Reply ::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::
::Resident Evil 5 Discussion:: The Infection Spreads Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 89 90 91 92 93 94 ... 163 164 165 166 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Elliot Salem

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 1:47 pm
If possible, combine a few aspects of MGS in, and they could make a good one. And by that I don't mean gigantic machines, ultimate soldiers, clones or none of that type of stuff. But add a small bit of stealth, like trying not to be so loud as to attract zombies towards you, or hide in a box and attempt to get past the zombie hordes.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 1:49 pm
Well, that might WORK with these new lame idiot enemies, whatever they are. Real Zombies use sense of smell though. They'd sniff you out if you were hiding in a box.  

Biohazard EXTREME

Elliot Salem

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 1:51 pm
Well, it's still a suggestion. But still, they could do several things.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 1:53 pm
At this point. I really don't care. But hey, they already took the Codec idea from Metal Gear Solid, it wouldn't surprise me if they ripped off a few other things. That doesn't really mean it'll be executed well.
Capcom isn't ready for that kind of effort.  

Biohazard EXTREME

Elliot Salem

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 1:59 pm
So you know, I'm talking about Konami, not Capcom.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 2:08 pm
OOOOHHH! You're talking about the supposed zombie game that I suggested!
I thought you were talking about RE5. My bad.

Yeah, well, Metal Gear Solid is... Solid.
But more so, they'd be better off using elements of Silent Hill.
Now, I don't mean the paranormal, but I mean, things like, extreme darkness. Weather. I mean, you can't have fog all the time, but imagine you're outside at night and it's raining, like HEAVILY! Like, hurricane, you know? And so the zombie noises are muffled by rain, and the visibility is crappy, and because of the rain, technically, EVERYTHING is moving, you know?

But hey, then there's that Metal Gear aspect comes in where the water actually drops onto and falls down the camera, so you can see even worse.

I dunno, it could be a great project of Konami were to make something like that.  

Biohazard EXTREME

Elliot Salem

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 2:13 pm
Yeah. Think about it though, I mean, okay, so you as you suggested, weather type things. Now imagine how the character would move. In a stealth like manner, because they don't know what's in the rain and darkness. Or being able to escape zombies by crawling into an air vent.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 2:17 pm
Well, it depends on the storyline. I mean, if the character was a normal human civilian, then they'd probably be more sluggish, no kick a** stealth tactics.

But imagine that's the two characters you'd have to deal with? Imagine like RE2 style, with Leon and Claire scenario, two people. Except one is a Solid Snake type Agent, and the second is a Harry Mason type clumsy civilian who bumps into walls.
It'd add a very interesting dynamic to it, I think.  

Biohazard EXTREME

Elliot Salem

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 2:24 pm
I don't mean kick a** stealth tactics. Just your basic slower movement, constant surveillance, and plus a jumpy nature.

You mean kinda like a Kane and Lynch or Army of Two type thing? Only, no guns constantly blazing.
(Real fats to clarify, in Kane and Lynch one guy is an ex-mercenary and the other is just your every day guy, with a medical condition where he does violent things. And Army of two has two guys, one who was more or less a gangster with a debt, and the other is a serious soldier type)

But I see what you mean. That'd be kinda interesting.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 2:28 pm
Point is, Resident Evil may be going down the drain, but they did bring the zombie genre back, and now that it is back, it's doing fairly well. So Konami would do good out of a zombie game. I mean, it's not like Conami holds the rights to ZOMBIES now. I'm pretty sure that zombies are a public domain like King Kong.  

Biohazard EXTREME

Elliot Salem

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 2:30 pm
Don't you mean Capcom? I've never heard of Conami. Is that some new merging of Capcom and Konami?

Anyway, it's been a year since the last zombie game. Actually about two years. Either way, no true horror zombie games.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 2:34 pm
Yeah, I meant Capcom. My mind wanders.
But still, I didn't say horror necessarily. I mean, Land of the Dead wasn't very scary, but it was a kick a** zombie movie. But, Konami could totally bring the horror back to the zombies.
With Metal Gear Solid 4 being the last in the series (even if they decided to make spinoffs, the series it technically over), this leaves Konami open to a new franchise. I'd love something new from them.  

Biohazard EXTREME

Elliot Salem

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 2:39 pm
Well, you figure since Konami made a good horror game before, they could do it again. But you can't serious want a zombie game with no horror. But, you're right. With the closing of MGS, they will be looking for a new series. And creating Metal Gear spinoffs or remaking the old Metal Gears (which would be pretty cool.)  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 2:42 pm
Actually, I'd love to see the remakes of MG1 and MG2. But that's besides the point.

Yes, I want a zombie horror game... But it's the ZOMBIES that I miss the most. I mean, Resident Evil doesn't have zombies anymore. I'm a zombie enthusiast. And I'm ******** sick of these noobs saying like, "Oh, they're still zombies in RE4." they aren't.
I want my undead, rotting flesh zombies.  

Biohazard EXTREME

Elliot Salem

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 2:49 pm
I know what you mean. That's why I said there hasn't been a zombie game in about 2 years. But all in all, Capcom has failed us. The best they can do, is call RE4 a spinoff, remake 5 to have zombies and remake 2 and 3 for better graphics.  
::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 89 90 91 92 93 94 ... 163 164 165 166 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games