Welcome to Gaia! ::

Lyndria

Back to Guilds

This Guild is dedicated to hardcore fantasy and sci-fi Roleplayers alike! Enjoy! 

Tags: Roleplaying, RPing, Fantasy, Sci-fi, Literate 

Reply Archive
Lyndria RP Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

GreyZone

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 1:29 pm
Strapping his blade into place on his back, the Haruchai surveyed the damage he had caused. The warriors lay broken in the snow, many of them in their final moments of life. As the adrenaline faded, Hile realized he couldn't simply leave them like that. He had every reason to believe they intended harm, but he couldn't be entirely sure. He sighed, frustrated with his own morality complex as he kneeled beside the man at his feet. He had vowed never to use magic again after he had lost his sight, but he was going to have to make an exception. Placing his palm on the man's forehead, there was a flash of blue light as Hile forced the warrior's body into overdrive. It would heal naturally, but at a highly accelerated rate. The side effect, he knew, was the huge toll it took on the body. These men wouldn't wake up until he and his companions were long gone. After having performed the same spell on all the fallen warriors, Hile heard Marten calling. Something about testing some potion he had cooked up.

"Try it yourself," he called in reply. "I can't even see what you put in that thing."

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 4:23 pm
"Dammit Hile, get over here and test the potion," he shot back. "I can fix any side effects, but not if I'm the victim." Marten poured a second bowl and began to make another concoction, this time simple boiled tree bark. Something told him he'd need a headache remedy before the day was over.  

Gredar

[Faelan]
Captain

850 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 10:00 pm

As he drained the last bit of the brew and wiped his lips, Valentius sat up in his cot and held his hand to his head. "Bloody..." he said under his breath, wondering why he insisted on practicing this ritual night after night. "..Gotta remember ta make that res'lution..."
He sluggishly picked himself up from his bed and made his way out into the corridor, swaying a bit every now and then.

The torches had already been lit for the Night Officers as he walked lightheaded through the halls. The dancing light played with his blurred vision and he soon stopped to lean against the wall and rub his eyes..

"Heya, Val!"

Valentius reluctantly opened his bloodshot eyes to greet the origin of the irritatingly upbeat voice. "Oh... Uhn.. 'Ey there, Spartan. 'Ow's life treatin' ya..?"

He laughed heartily and bent down a bit to be eye-level with the slouching warrior, "Better than you, apparently! You look awful!"

Valentius winced at the sound of his friend's cheerful voice, "Aye.. 'Ad a bit more than my fill, I'm 'fraid.. ... 'Ow's the shift goin'?"

Suddenly, his friend acquired a rather melodramatic expression and leaned in, "Spooky, mate.. I gotta tell ya. These halls ain't like they used to be. Not cheery.. Nah.. 'Slike ghosts are in 'em or somethin'.."

Valentius chuckled and shook his head before straightening his back, "Night's jus' fallen and yer already seein' things, eh?"

Spartan remained sullen, "I'm serious, Val.. I've heard some stuff from the workers.. They know what's goin' on. Hear everything, they do. Everything the Queen says.. Somethin's goin' on with her. Have ya noticed..?"

Valentius heaved a sigh and said simply, "Yeah.."

"Disturbin', idn't it? I swear.. and what they're sayin' now, about the King's disappearance. I think they're right. All of 'em say it was her. And if that wasn't bad enough, now there's this.. Prophecy gibberish."

Valentius perked up, "What..? Prophecy?"

"Yeah, didn't you hear about it? Everyone in the castle's been goin' on about it for weeks!"

"Bloody 'ell," he cursed under his breath before turning his attention to his friend, "What're they sayin about it?"

Spartan shook his head ominously in his familiar dramatic air, "It's real bad, Val... Killin's.. Murders, they say. All through the Woode. They said somethin' about a Chosen One, and that they think the Queen's tryin' to take over all of Lyndria! It's real bad..."

"What the," Valentius began, but paused midsentence and inquired urgently, "Does she 'ave it? Is it here?!"

"Calm down, mate! It's just a rumor. Y'know how them workers can be--"

"Tell me, dammit!"

Spartan looked at him, rather taken aback by his outburst, and replied, abashed, "Well, see.. They say there's a chamber somewhere 'round here... I dunno where it is. No one does. Not a clue.. The workers heard the Queen speak of it, and all of 'em have tried to find it, but none of 'em have.. And if they can't, no one can."

Valentius cursed again. Spartan merely watched him, rather fearfully, "You all right, mate..?"

"I gotta do somethin'," Valentius replied through gritted teeth, frustrated by the fact that he had allowed the situation to escalate as it had. Without so much as a goodbye, he hurried off down the flickering corridor, stumbling only once as he turned the corner, leaving Spartan dumbfounded.

~~~~~

The Queen smirked eagerly as the castle doors were thrown open unexpectedly with surprising vigor. Her hungry gaze had somehow managed to become more exaggerated over time..
As the Elf entered into her courtroom, the Queen's eyes quickly swept over his person, as she searched for a preview of her sparkling, golden prize. Before she could inquire as to whether she could see it, however, the warrior carelessly threw the earnings her way. She nearly fell out of her throne as she quickly leaned forward to catch it, before swiftly returning to her seat to count each shimmering piece. After several minutes passed, she had nearly forgotten that he remained standing before her. Upon realizing this, she regained her composure and spoke in her usual regal tone, "Excellent. You've done magnificently, young Freelance. I shall award you with your fair share of the bounty once my assistants have had the opportunity to carefully sort through all of it."
The Queen then beckoned for one of her guards to come forth to take the earnings into his custody to be counted. Just as she was about to dismiss the warrior for a few moments while the shares were to be calculated, she took note of the unusual keepsake which he had suddenly acquired. She assumed that it must have been the origin of the rancid smell which fell over her courtroom upon his arrival, but decided against questioning it, reaching the conclusion that she would rather not know...

"Now then, for your next mission, there are several stops which you must make--" BANG! "Hold it," Valentius demanded as he burst through the door and walked into the torchlight. "I know jus' what yer up to an' I'll not have it!"

Judging by the redness of his cheeks, it was quite obvious that he had been drinking, though he gave no other indication.

Queen Angelleius turned to him and grimaced at the sight of him, "Valentius, I'll have your head if you persist like this. And in such a shameful state! You know perfectly well what my laws are for this castle, and its inhabitants!"

"Your laws.." he growled before spitting. "Laws.. They only assist you in committing yer happy treason! I'm bloody sick of all o' yer bloody laws, an' I'm gettin' the bloody 'ell outta 'ere." With that, he marched through the wooden doors and into the dark city streets.

The Queen's complexion was now almost identical to that of Valentius, as she raised a finger to the door. Several guards held up their shields and followed him out into the night...

"That's better," she said, regaining her calm demeanor. "Now then, dearie, I want you to go to Somnolent Notch and do the same thing. to it, and the two villages on either side. It should be marked on your map. Off you go!"

[Makin' up for lost time. Lolz. Sorry for the wait, everyone.]

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 7:19 pm
Matthias couldn't sleep. The image of the gates kept playing through his mind, but the waking dreams brought greater torment. In his minds eye he saw the world unmade, nothing but shades serving under demonic taskmasters. He awoke trembling with a fear greater even than when he had faced the Black Dragon Onyxelus on the peak of the Dark Spire. Arise, knight. You have work to do. Staggering to his feet, he gathered his armor and headed to the stables.

"You there, squire. Saddle my horse and get it ready for travel," Matthias ordered as he strapped on his armor. It was forged by the dwarf lords (a gift for returning Onyxelus' hoard) of hardened Admantite, an alloy of Mithril and Copper. It wasn't as hard as pure mythril, but was much lighter and more flexible making it more suitable for long journeys on horseback. He sent a maid into the kitchens for field rations before opening the armory and retrieving his weapons. He selected a heavy crossbow and lance to go along with his sword and shield, though he hoped he wouldn't have to use them. By the time he had returned the horse was already saddled and the squire was attaching the field supplies to his own horse. Matthias nodded, throwing him the crossbow and bolts to carry before mounting Thomas, his warhorse.

Matthias lost track of time and even direction, moving only where the spirit led. He was aware they had entered the city, the still air seemingly devoid of life, but passed once again into unknowing as Thomas wandered the streets of his own volition. A loud clanking brought him back to his senses as a shadow broke drunkenly away from the palace, silhouetted by torchlight. Two other shadows clunked heavily away from the door a few seconds later in hot pursuit. Matthias spurred his horse towards them, sure that that was the reason he had been called out there, though not quite sure who to side with.  

Gredar

kroska
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 8:23 pm
Witium balanced the large pike on his shoulder as he kneeled before the queen, "As you wish." With a shift in weight he turned while standing and began to walk out of the throne. The guards looked at him with disgust and for some; weary. His eyes shifted to look into their's only for a second. The corruption eating away at him hungered desperately for their lives. They had to blink to keep their posture as the elf looked upon them; his intentions could've only been the worst.

After climbing over the newly cleared gate, Witium looked over to his dragon that laid snuggly against the city wall. With a hard yank he removed the tarp over the pike to reveal the dragon's meal; frozen human heads. He tossed it over to the already drooling dragon and watched as he gobbled up his newly acquired meal. As the dragon ate Witium climbed up onto it's back and spoke into its ear, "We're far from done dragon. We've got three more places to give our blessing to." A evil smirk stretched over his face, "Lets not keep them waiting!" With that he gave the dragon a kick to the side and it lurched into the air with gut wrenching speed in response.

Constant wind made it hard for Witium to fold out the map to see where he was headed. Soon the endless expanse of farm land led to a town outlined with a small stone wall. Above him hung the shimmering stars and the bright full moon. This gave him the perfect lighting to see the village entirely. With a silent gesture he told his dragon to start sweeping down through the center of the town. Meanwhile he kneeled upon the frost dragon snout and forehead. It growled in protest, but kept on plummeting down toward the ground regardless. With a sudden jerk the dragon pulled up after getting within 5 feet above the ground and silently sored through the town's main street. Meanwhile Witium made quick focused slashes to the villagers that wanted to take a midnight stroll that night. With their throats cut they could only make gurgling sounds as they fell to the ground.

The dragon made another pass around the village after Witium leaped off its back. The elf's hair blew with the nightly wind as he slowly placed his hands on the ground. With a roar of hate he surged his powers into the ground. Soon the buildings spun and crashed into the sink holes created beneath them. Soon the entire ground turned into a quick sand consistency and Witium leaped back onto the dragon as it flew by. Several muffled screams could be heard, but only over a few seconds. As Witium pointed his pale finger at the muddy ground that contained the town he spat out an order, "Ice it over; all of it!" The dragon flapped its wings heavily as it hovered over the town and flew a steady stream of ice into the mud. Soon it looked like a gigantic iced over lake.

Witium patted his dragon's head and pointed toward the next village, "The night is young and we are far from done; continue on my friend." A insidious glow covered the elf's eyes. They pulsed with purple hatred and excitement. He enjoyed decimating the queen's own race.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 9:46 pm
((Sorry I was gone so long))

Bandy continued her trek, soon the sun would be gone from the sky and she could safely fly. She stumbled and fell face first in the snow. She was too tired to try anymore. She curled up in a little ball, her tail wrapped around her and draped on her nose, like a dog would lay. Her wings covered her sides for protection. She sighed and soon drifted off into a dreamless sleep.  

Odd__One

Gredar

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 6:09 pm
Marten gave up on the hare, without practice it would be too unreliable a construct to use for a scout. The squirrel wouldn't do either, it's fur was so thin it would die within minutes in this freezing mountain. He made up his mind in seconds - he couldn't start treating Yousei until she woke up, and Hile was probably a better guard for her in such a hostile environment. He quickly ran back to the embankment they had crashed into earlier and retrieved his shattered wings. It took a few minutes, but gradually the skeleton repaired itself under his steady spellweaving. They had changed a bit, more falcon-like less buzzard, and there were more feathers (he wasn't sure how he managed that) on it now, but were more than useable once more.

"Hile, guard Yousei. Don't touch the potions til I get back, if I got them wrong they could be mildly poisonous," Marten ordered, welding the wings to his own skeleton as he did so. With a few powerful beats of his wings he took off towards the black mass. He landed about fifteen feet behind it, raising his staff into casting position, and ventured cautiously forward.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 6:20 pm
Miles stretched and yawned, perched high on the dragons back. He wiped the sleep from his eyes and glanced around. It felt as if he'd been flying for months, it was hard to imagine how Karasu must feel.

"I don't know about him," Kraid spoke to the queen from his hiding spot in the shadows. He grinned to himself, "Are you sure you can trust that one?"  

[Z_]
Vice Captain

Aged Noob

8,175 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Invisibility 100

[Faelan]
Captain

850 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 2:31 pm
After a myriad of fruitless hours spent searching above the vast Woode, Karasu at last gave in to the cry of her sore muscles. ~I suppose we should continue the search come sunrise,~ she spoke telepathically to Miles as she outstretched her great wings and sliced through the thick canopy to land. Though she did not outwardly express her angst, a note of deep concern rang clear through her words, and her steely blue eyes remain glazed with the thoughts of what is to become of her beloved master...
With two or three mighty flaps, she gently brought them down to the dark forest floor and let down her wings to allow her passenger to dismount with ease. She then lay outstretched upon the cold soil of the Black Woode, stretching her claws before resting her head against them, her eyes open yet inattentive, distant. Before long, her concerns were disrupted by the distinct smell of frostbitten meat...

Queen Angelleius watched her guards file out with vengeful satisfaction, her posture exemplary as she proudly basked in the luscious power which she had acquired. Quite suddenly, however, her glory was interrupted by the sound of a haunting, ethereal voice from behind her throne. Inquiring as to whether or not she should place her trust within the hands of one of her workers. With furrowed brow, she anxiously grasped the arms of her chair and twisted 'round to see behind her. Nothing but shadow returned her stares.. She returned to her seat and responded aloud to the mysterious voice. "Of whom do you speak," she boldly inquired, her ruby lips pursed tightly and contorted.

~~~

Valentius looked over his shoulder and smiled at the sight of the small legion of guards trailing closely behind. He laughed heartily before drawing his sword and gritting his teeth in an eager, yet determined grin. With a swift and graceful pivot, he stopped in his tracks and dauntlessly beckoned the rather confused soldiers.

"'E's mental, eh..?" he heard one murmur amidst the cold silence.

He laughed more ferociously and held his sword out before him to allow the light of Opalescent's lanterns to glitter brilliantly on its adamantine form. The guards looked to one another, muttering under their breath, and then back at him, utterly befuddled. With a scoff, and a flash of his canines, Valentius dropped the glorious weapon and allowed it to fall into the dirt of the city streets with a clang. After a moment more of this estranged silence, one guard at the back of the mob let out a convincing bellow, urging the others forward, and each charged forth, swords drawn and ready.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 8:55 pm
Witium kicked his dragon in the side to get its attention, "Drop me off to the village east of here and then destroy the one west. Hopefully you can take on a village of peasants by yourself." The dragon merely snorted in a sarcastic way and flew east.

Again another village came into view, but rather then having the dragon swoop the elf simply leaped off. He began drew both blades while spiraling down. Purple illumination streamed off his eyes as he let out a yell of battle fury. In one motion he bent down when landing and plunged his swords into the ground. Plants in the ground around instantly withered, wood from the buildings rotted and the screams of many villagers as they themselves deteriorated in a manner of seconds. A hot purple steam fumed off his skin as he stood up to look at his damage, "Perfect..." A primal hate erupted in tainted heart as he wanted more battle and bloodshed. Witium let out a roar as he put more force into his decayed powers and practically salted the land of the village.

Meanwhile the dragon made his way to the other village. In a long drive he began freezing over the entire village. After a few more passes the entire town was encased in ice. Another frozen wasteland on the map. Afterward the dragon proceeded to feast on the frozen bodies. A few minutes following the feast Witiums frost dragon began making its travel back to him.

Witium let out a deep exhale as he calmed himself and looked up to the sky to see his dragon. With a leap he jumped on the dragon's back as it swooped down. Another misssion accomplished in record time for the elf. After a hour of travel he again made his way to the throne room with a confident grin.  

kroska
Vice Captain

Masamune 5.0

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 1:38 pm
Mirado dismounted Karasu, and landed on the ground with a soft thud. He yawned briefly and rubbed his eyes. He couldn't remember how long it had been since he last slept. The shadows grew darker as night approached, and Mirado could not help but feel restless. Everything just seemed odd.

"Hey, um... Miles, right? You want me to set up a camp fire?"  
Archive

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces