Welcome to Gaia! ::

Neon Love

Back to Guilds

A place to hangout and be yourself among friends who Love you. 

Tags: Friendship, Love, Activities, Craziness, Anime 

Reply Neon Love's Gang
Yackity-Yack Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 90 91 92 93 94 95 ... 208 209 210 211 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Which dream vacation would you choose?
Bahamas
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Tokyo, Japan
60%
 60%  [ 3 ]
Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Paris, France
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Sydney, Australia
20%
 20%  [ 1 ]
Hawaii, USA
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
London, England
20%
 20%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 5

ChainsawDooM
Vice Captain

Dangerous Conversationalist

24,625 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 10:58 pm
And yes, holy crap, it's me!
I'm back... for a bit...

A lot of stuff happened.

First, like I said before, I was playing Age of Conan, and thoroughly addicted. I'm talking, only eating once a day addicted. I popped about 40 levels in a week. That's a lot, especially for a first timer going through the game.

Then, there was my birthday, and the two days afterwards, where I was only really home to sleep. I was out and around everywhere... lasertag, movies, dinner, lunches... more laser tag, then six flags (amusement park).

Then, I was just lazy for about 3 days... and addicted to age of Conan some more.

Then, right after I came back from six flags (again...) I turned on my computer, went to talk to my buddy on AIM (about how awesome my class in Age of Conan is) and right when I go to start bragging like I love to do so very very much (because he quit AoC and went back to WoW like the hopeless fanboy he is) My computer just died. So, I went to bed without looking at it, because... at 2 in the morning, that's like a sign to go to bed, and I really can't do much at 2 in the morning.

The next day... I was lazy and sat around and watched tv... then fiddled around a bit on the inside of my computer... and nothing happened. usually a wire get's loose on my auxiliary hard drive and I just have to adjust it. That totally wasn't working. Sooooo... I unplugged all the cables and brought my big honkin' computer downstairs, laid her on the table, and opened her up. My immediate suspicion was the power supply, as the computer wasn't even doing anything when I pressed the power button. I was right, my power supply fried.

So, then, I had to wait about a week to get money to buy a new one. Well... that week came... but then I went to six flags again, but it rained so everything was closed, so me and my friends screwed around for about 5 hours. So, on the way home, I bought me a power supply. Hooked everything up, had a few problems, fixed them, and got it running at midnight... at which point, I pretty much just tested it and went to sleep.
Then, we went to six flags for real this time, and road friggin' everything. I get tired after Six Flags. G forces, 100+ degree weather, dehydration, and walking for about 6 miles, standing up for about 5 hours straigh minus the 15 total minutes you're strapped into a ride... yeah, I get tired. Anywho, I got home, cleaned out the DVR (tivo thing) for 2 hours, and fell asleep on the couch downstairs.

I got woken up at about 7 pm, and then headed upstairs... to sleep... untill noon the next day. (this was Thursday, the 21st)

And then I got distracted by Age of Conan for a day. On Saturday, I went to college to pick up my books... and other things... and then slept because eI had been up all night grining on AoC. Today, I got up at 10 ish... and just got ready for college, did laundry... fixed up my backpack... got a lightswitch because mine was broken... fixed the light switch (BY MYSELF... which I for some reason find important to add because it makes me feel masculine or something...)... fixed up my backpacks... and here I am... writing about what happened.

And now, I need to sleep, because college is tomorrow. I totally planned my schedule out awesomely, my earliest class is only 12:30... pm. That's right, noon and thirty. tomorrow, I have to be there at 1:00... but still... I should get there early on the first day, so, goodnight.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 11:07 pm
So... ... if you're too impatient to read that whole thing...

I was addicted to Age of Conan.
Had my birthday and went a lot of places for about 3 days.
More Age of Conan.
Six flags for a day.
Computer's power supply fried.
Week of waiting for money.
(Wed, 20th) One day of goofing off because it was rainy and six flags is closed in the rain because they thing it's possible to be hurt by lightning while either inside a fairaday cage (however the hell that's spelled) and that lightning for some reason would rather go through higher resistance (I.E., you) other than metal. ... although I guess it could break the ride--and moving on because I'm off-topic!
Also, I picked up that new power supply during the goofing off, fixed my computer by midnight, then slept.
(Thur, 21)Went to six flags for real, got really tired for a number of reasons (Heat, 6 miles of walking, 5 hours of standing, g-forces, and dehydration) got home, slept until noon the next day.
(Fri, 22)Age of Conan... grinded all day, didn't sleep.
(Sat, 23) Went to college to buy books and stuff, then slept again until
(Sun, 24) 10 in the morning, at which point I got ready for college with laundry, backpacks, buying supplies, and I also fixed my light switch.

There... it's compressed... ish for you lazy people... or people who were confused by my rambling... ness.  

ChainsawDooM
Vice Captain

24,625 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100

ChainsawDooM
Vice Captain

24,625 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 11:11 pm
... Now for sleep and then college. I'm taking Astronomy (YES!... I'm good at that. I have a sponge for a brain when it comes to astrological sciences) and U.S. history to 1865, and I'm retaking Calculus 2 and Computer Science 2 because I sucked at them last time because I was irresponsible.

I wanted to get in to Elementary Japanese, but every anime fan (and maybe business majors) in the entire campus (which there is a surprising amount) wants that class, too... and I procrastinated too long to get in.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 12:20 am
@ Chain - LOL. I have to select my classes for upper high as well. xP
I wanted to take triple science, but I'll probs fail it. xP What college has anime fans? Huh which? I am so attending that college. LOLS. I'm taking art and com sciences and design and....a ton of other stuff XDD Is com sciences difficult?

@Shelby - ARGH!!! WHERE DID YOU GO?!? -HUGGLOMPS-  

E i J i-A c r o b a t i c
Vice Captain

E i J i-A c r o b a t i c
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 12:23 am
So anyways, I'm just going to die next school year due to the ton of subjects xP Along with more calculus.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 7:24 pm
Wow! school time already, it seems like the summer just began. When I was in College my classes were pretty straight forward, art and lots of it. mrgreen I got my BFA and I was happy. biggrin Although I did want to take japanese, but I wanted to get out as fast as I could so I didn't.

It sounded like you were super busy Chainsaw, and you had a lot of fun on your B-day.

I had another long day listening to machines all around me and salesmen pestering me with more jobs that they need right now. (I hate all the hurry hurry junk)

Wow Eiji, you sound like you have a full plate of classes, I don't think I could have done it. There was an anime club on campus, but it formed after I graduated. I was luckily still in the town working, so I went to it and had a lot of fun.

Hazumu-san
Captain

Liberal Genius

8,575 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Dressed Up 200

Gweener

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 9:32 pm
Nice job on the update, Chainsaw! Glad u had a good birthday. Six Flags sounds alot like Disney World... too much time waiting, not enough time riding. But, still, it's too bad that they decided not to reopen our Six Flags here in New Orleans. *flinches at thought of our newest threatening hurricane* And postponed on the account of rain sux! That happened to us last Summer at the waterpark. We had just reached the top of our first ride of the day and lightening streaked and they sent us back down. I tried to argue that the slide would have gotten us down faster, but no luck. I wasn't sure if the lightening was a serious threat, but I didn't want to test my luck! But we only had to wait about an hour and everything was up and running again... and I discovered I have a slight fear of heights. Why is it that everytime I'm on a ride, my mind questions their maintenance efforts?

Good luck to everyone with your classes. At the end of last school year, and already this school year, I ran into a person that I was in school with. Only now they are certified teachers, and I am their lackey. I did really well in school, but with my family moving away after Katrina, I kinda lost my support team and had to quit. God, I hope to go back some day, but now that I'm working and paying bills (and actually feeling the pinch of the slumping economy), I just don't see it happening anywhere in the near future. So, enough of my boo hoo-ing, just do what you have to do, and make it through! I'm routing for ya!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 12:18 am
Yeah... well... some of you might remember that the last summer I had, I all of a sudden pretty much disappeared, and then college came around, and BAM! I popped up back pretty much constantly?

Well... the leaving over the summer happened (albeit, postponed, I'll admit). However, the huge dramatic reappearance that happened last year... yeah, that's not going to happen this year. I'm much more serious about college this time (at least I'm hoping I am. I'm trying, damnit! ... I miss the young me that loved to learn. He died somewhere at around the age of 13 or 14...).

So, I'll see you guys whenever the Hell I see you.  

ChainsawDooM
Vice Captain

24,625 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100

Gweener

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 1:41 pm
Yeah, Rip it up!

Alright, I finally updated the poll. This one should be a little more fun?
And if your movie is not on the list, feel free to talk about it here. But, those were the top ten biggest money-makers, and the polling system won't allow for more than ten options.
So here's a more complete list:
Iron Man
The Dark Knight
Hellboy II: The Golden Army
Sex and the City
Speed Racer
Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull
The Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian
Kung Fu Panda
You Don't Mess With the Zohan
The Incredible Hulk
Get Smart
The Love Guru
WALL-E
Wanted
Mamma Mia!
Step Brothers
The Mummy: Tomb of the Dragon Emperor
Pineapple Express
The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants 2
Tropic Thunder

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 9:35 pm
Huh... You know, apparently today is my 800th day on Gaia.
Happy 800 days to me... or something.
I don't know... it seemed significant in some way.  

ChainsawDooM
Vice Captain

24,625 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100

ChainsawDooM
Vice Captain

24,625 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 11:48 pm
I'm going to love the new spread of Marvel movies coming out. They're going to do at least two Iron man sequels, some Hulk sequels, they're going to release a Captain America movie or two, and Even maybe a Thor movie. Then, they're even going to release a few Avenger movies which, if you don't know, is a super-team including, but not limited to, Captain America, The Incredible Hulk, Iron Man, and Thor. The Avengers has always had a dynamic roster, so who knows who is actually going to be in the team for the movie.

I know these things because my Sister's Boyfriend and his brothers are huge comic nerds. Together, we pretty much have a collective knowledge of almost everything... If I had time and more information, I might actually consider giving you a lowdown of what stuff we know most... like a chart or something...  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 11:50 pm
I've been catching myself using their instead of they're a lot recently... I wonder what the heck is going on. I never used to do that...  

ChainsawDooM
Vice Captain

24,625 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100

ChainsawDooM
Vice Captain

24,625 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 12:15 am
Well, I did a couple of schedule revisions and stuff.

I'm actually dropping Cal 2 and going into Cal 1 again. Maybe this time I'll be able to retain everything. I would have been fine if I passed Cal 2 this time, but the not using the math I had learned caused about 40% of the stuff I learned to dissapear... which isn't good. Plus, they're using a different book this time... which makes it hard for math... and the instructor I had for Cal 2 this time was really bad, so I would have had to switch anyway. It's complicated, and it'd take way more time than I'd want to spend in order to explain it, so I'll just say what I'm doing is probably the best option out of all the options I currently have.

I'm also going to be sitting in on a Computer Science 1 class. I didn't drop CS2, but, really, I only got an 'A' in CS1 due to sheer dumb luck. I managed to win the lab project, which you might remember me talking about. That got me an automatic 100 on the final... and probably brought my grade from a 'C' up to that 'A.' I don't really think I'll have to drop CS2 since my CS2 teacher is dedicating 2 weeks to review this year, because last year he noticed that the majority of the class needed it because most of the instructors failed to teach us well. I actually blame the method of teaching for the struggle in... pretty much the entire classes ability to learn the subject. I'm still baffled as to what idiot would think teaching a hands on subject like programming in a lecture-only format is a good idea. How in the hell does that make any logical sense at all!? You just can't expect that to work. I think the only people who actually "got" the class were people who had taken some other programming class before-hand.

Anyways, if I still end up doing badly in CS2, I can just drop it again, and take it next sememster... again... since a 'W' (withdrawal) doesn't actually count as a grade. My school lets you replace the grade of a class if you take it again. As soon as you get the grade for the class you retake, the old grade is wiped... regardless of whether you do better or worse. You only get to do it once, though. If you try and take it after that, it just counts for credit in passing the class, so you can move on to the next level. There's also no time limit to when you have to retake the class to wipe the old grade. Since a 'W' doesn't actually count as a grade, and there's no time limit, you can take and withdraw from a class as many times as you have to in order to pass it...or, I guess, to fool the insurance company into thinking you're a full time student so you still get covered by your parents insurance. ... Well... that's my problem at least. ... I should probably explain that...

In order to be covered by my parents insurance, I have to be a full-time student. That's was a little irritating to me, because I was thinking the reason I wasn't doing well in college was because I had an underdeveloped sense of responsibility. I figured, I should take a job and wait a year, and I'd probably be a lot better. Well, too bad, I couldn't. I had to go to college. I think I'm doing better than I was last year, already, though. Last time, I was afraid to drop classes because I thought my parents might think less of me. This year, I'm basically saying, screw what my parents think of me. If I have to do it, I have to do it, and they're going to have to deal with it. So far, they actually like it...  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 12:20 am
I don't know if anybody has seen the new pictures in my sub-forum. I can't tell, because nobody has commented since my last update... and I'm not updating again until I get a comment.  

ChainsawDooM
Vice Captain

24,625 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100

Hazumu-san
Captain

Liberal Genius

8,575 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 3:38 pm
I will have to go look now. You got me curious.  
Neon Love's Gang

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 90 91 92 93 94 95 ... 208 209 210 211 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games