Welcome to Gaia! ::

*~ International Chinese Unite ~*

Back to Guilds

Dedicated to bringing Chinese and friends from all over the world together. 

Tags: China, Chinese, friendship, Culture 

Reply *~ International Chinese Unite ~*
Confession box. Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 90 91 92 93 94 95 ... 113 114 115 116 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Tokioka

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2006 1:55 pm
It sort of gave me the impression of a college student who just couldn't be bothered to get all dolled up for her lectures on a monday morning. >.>  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2006 2:01 pm
Yeah.. a bit.. actually that's what some of our 6th formers look like..

..oh s**t, Niph's gonna be a 6th former next year.. in a WEEK's time! gonk  

Niphredil Ithilmir

Tokioka

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2006 2:19 pm
Enjoy, it's s**t. razz

Well at my school it was anyways. You expect to get all these perks for being practically the oldest year at school, but nope, all we got was a shoddy common room which was trashed all the time and oh, some extra toilets. stare  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2006 2:24 pm
We get rooms.. well, we share with a friend in lower 6th and we get our own rooms in upper 6th.. and a kitchen in the 6th form centre (and a common room, and loads of random rooms and stuff)..

..oh, and we get to butt into the lunch queue. xD  

Niphredil Ithilmir

Tokioka

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2006 2:50 pm
You get lunch? eek

Haha yeh, that's one of the dumb things about our school. There are no school dinners or a hall where you can eat your lunch. It's like the dumbest thing ever, no hot food, have to eat sandwiches all the time. At the private school I used to go to the dinners were awesome and there was always a large selection. Stupid grammar school. >.>

And you get rooms, what for?  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2006 3:22 pm
Study rooms.. 3nodding We get.. a desk each, a bed each (even daygirls..), a cupboard each.. ninja  

Niphredil Ithilmir

Tokioka

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2006 3:29 pm
A bed? That's so unfair! crying

If we had beds then during all my free periods I would've just gone to sleep at school instead of walking home, which takes 30 minutes, before going to bed! stressed

I envy you so... evil  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2006 3:31 pm
Yeah, it's so that if we need to stay over it's easier and we don't have to write in and stuff.. 3nodding

Although most people do just use it to sleep in their frees.

Not that I'll have any frees.. gonk  

Niphredil Ithilmir

Tokioka

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2006 3:35 pm
Why would you ever even contemplate staying over at school? Except for being a boarder.

Haha are you doing 4 or 5 full A levels? Some of the guys at our school did 4, does help a bit with oxbridge I think.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2006 9:43 pm
Niphredil Ithilmir
We get rooms.. well, we share with a friend in lower 6th and we get our own rooms in upper 6th.. and a kitchen in the 6th form centre (and a common room, and loads of random rooms and stuff)..

..oh, and we get to butt into the lunch queue. xD

Wow you are so lucky Niph, getting so many privileges as a Senior student. blaugh xd Are you in like a private upper class school or something? 'Cos all of those plush study rooms, common room and kitchens look like they're expensive to maintain.

We never had any special facilities as Year 12s during my final year. Well there was a common room but it sucked big time. The only thing we did get was special privileges, like more days off per year than everyone else in the three lower years of my school combined, the ability to drive cars into the school if we could drive, a thgree term year that ended in August (when the school year didn't finish until December), and lots of special dinner functions.  

Minielf

Niphredil Ithilmir

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 2:45 am
Erm, yeah I guess you could say it was a private upper-class school.. sweatdrop

@Toki - I'm doing 5.. don't know whether I'll be able to cope, though. neutral

You might have to stay over if there's loads of work to be done which has to be done at school eg young enterprise stuff.. or if there's a trip leaving early the next day etc etc  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 4:13 am
Niphredil Ithilmir
Erm, yeah I guess you could say it was a private upper-class school.. sweatdrop

@Toki - I'm doing 5.. don't know whether I'll be able to cope, though. neutral

You might have to stay over if there's loads of work to be done which has to be done at school eg young enterprise stuff.. or if there's a trip leaving early the next day etc etc

Are you on a 50/75/100% scholarship type thingy? Or do your parents have to pay all the school fees? blaugh
The school I went to was a public school, but it was the best public school in the entire nation, and perhaps the best performing school academically overall. Before that, I was on a 50% scholarship at a private school, which I hated.  

Minielf

Niphredil Ithilmir

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 4:50 am
Mmn, I'm on 50%~ and we still pay like.. £2.5k a term.. >__<;;

So annoying.. the school's just started offering 100% scholarships.. (50% was the highest before) but they're not open to people who already have them.. sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 5:23 am
Niphredil Ithilmir
Mmn, I'm on 50%~ and we still pay like.. £2.5k a term.. >__<;;

So annoying.. the school's just started offering 100% scholarships.. (50% was the highest before) but they're not open to people who already have them.. sweatdrop

Whoa, so you still have to pay 10K pounds a year. Geez that's a lot. Lucky you were able to get a 50% scholarship. mrgreen  

Minielf

` T a p i o c a `

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 5:28 am
Niph goes to a posh school like most other asians/oriental peole in England? o___o;;;

I think me and my cousins are the only ones that are oriental but attend to public school instead of private TT___TT

No wonder there were so many asians at St. Joseph's >__>

*~ International Chinese Unite ~*

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 90 91 92 93 94 95 ... 113 114 115 116 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games