Welcome to Gaia! ::

Lyndria

Back to Guilds

This Guild is dedicated to hardcore fantasy and sci-fi Roleplayers alike! Enjoy! 

Tags: Roleplaying, RPing, Fantasy, Sci-fi, Literate 

Reply Archive
Lyndria RP Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Gredar

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2008 12:40 pm
Matthias galloped over the empty streets, watching the guards and Valentius closely. "Whom do I help?" he prayed silently, conscious of the short time he had before he would be upon the group. "You were charged with protecting the defenseless," he heard, a silent voice ringing in his ear. He didn't hesitate. Signaling to his squire, they slid their horses to a stop beside Valentius. Matthias raised his hand, focusing with all his conviction on simply stopping the guards. Intense light, pure and powerful, sprayed forth, blinding the soldiers. "Get on my squire's horse. Quickly!" he commanded, drawing his shield. He wasn't sure if the guards were carrying bows or not, and didn't want to be defenseless if one of them decided to blind fire at them.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 8:53 am
Miles chuckled, glancing to Mirado. "No, I'll take care of it, You sleep if you need to," Miles nodded and started off into the trees to search for wood.

Kraid laughed quietly, "Why, the Elvin boy of course. Madness clouds his eyes, have you not seen it?"  

[Z_]
Vice Captain

Aged Noob

8,175 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Invisibility 100

Masamune 5.0

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 1:47 pm
"Alright." Mirado shrugged. "If you want to do the work, be my guest..." He slumped down against a nearby tree. He let his head droop down, and he fell into an uneasy sleep.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2008 1:58 am
The guards rushed forth in a mass of frenzied confusion forged with the finest silver which gold could possibly buy. Valentius gritted his teeth in excitement. He loved a challenge, and taking on a stampede was nothing to scoff at, regardless of how dimwitted the animals involved. Though, as the rush of glinting silver rapidly approached, he could have sworn he could hear the sound of hooves hitting the pavement growing louder from behind. As he turned, his shattered focus was rewarded with the tip of a novice's sword across his back. He noticed the image of a priest on horseback becoming engulfed in a mass of swords and armor, shields and fists, and finally, he felt his armor oppose his shoulderblades and joints as he hit the ground. As he lay there, trampled and sliced by those who had taken notice of his new strategy, he saw the gleaming form of his blade flickering in and out of focus in the torchlight. He stretched out his arm, though it was quickly stepped upon by an armored foot and grinded mercilessly against the road. Finally, a brave greenhorn decided to drive his blade through Valentius's armor, only to find that it would not grant him access so easily. The freelance simply grinned and shook his head at the amateur mistake and pushed his arm upward, causing the guard which had held it there to fall back against those who were behind him. Valentius quickly stood up and nimbly jumped over each of them. He then looked down at his sword which was now lying beside his feet and back up at the angry mob which had surprisingly caught on to his change of position. He then shrugged and put up his dukes tauntingly. His focus restored, he grabbed and broke wrists, wrung swords free and used them against their owners in raw irony, and simply punched his way through the remainder of the guards until none were left standing before him. He then cracked his knuckles and leaned over to pick up his sword, sliding his hand across the blade to free it of dust from the road, and returned it to its scabbard. With an amicable grin, he turned his attention back toward the priest on horseback and greeted him kindly, "Nice night fer a walk, eh?"

~~~

"The Elven boy..?" Queen Angelleius IV dare not look back to see the dark nothingness behind her throne. Instead, she would buy into the delusions of her paranoid mind, if that was indeed what they were. She pondered the words of the invisible figure and realized that they may hold some sanity. Perhaps the Elf wasn't to be trusted... "What d'you propose I do," she inquired quite possibly to no one at all as she glanced around her dark throneroom, guardless and overall lifeless aside from herself and this estranged visitor.

Though every inch of her being ached and protested to this action, Karasu stood up and elegantly romped through the bramble to find the source of this disconcerting odor. As she peered through the foliage, she was horrified at the sight of a desecrated village. The few inhabitants which remained were frostbitten corpses, skewered or mangled in some other sick fashion. The dragon's strong stomach turned within her, and she shut her eyes tightly to block out the abhorrence. With furrowed brow, she turned back toward the camp, knowing full well that a frost dragon must have caused the destruction, though vexed by the query of how it had managed to get there...

Yousei was no longer haunted by her dreams, but instead thoughts of peace and light filled every corner of darkness in her mind. How strange, she thought to herself, as she subconsciously pondered these happenings. Soon, her ethereal self had overheard her name being called out from the fading darkness. She knew it was hers. Somehow, she simply knew. Several times, it echoed there, and then, opalescent feathers began to rain down from above, and all of those which came near her were swallowed up within the center of her chest, where her Soul Gem lay dormant. It then began to glow a faint, complacent blue and she was filled with a satisfaction, a fullness.. Finally, she was engulfed in light, and with a violent jolt, she awoke once more. The smells and sounds of fire crackling brought her partially out of her dazed state, and she slowly turned her eyes to the man nearby, not realizing that she was staring. After a few moments of hazy contemplation, she recognized him and felt more at ease. She then rolled over, her muscles aching as though they had almost received too much rest, and far too soon. With much effort, she pushed herself up to her knees, and attempted to balance herself as she got to her feet. Immediately, she met the icy ground again with a crunch. It was then that the feeling returned to her ligaments and she decided it best to remain huddled for the time being, though she quickly inched closer to the fire before resting.

{Sorry it took me so long to get around to this, again. I keep focusing so hard on improving the Guild that I forget to actually respond to the RPs.. Lol.}

[Faelan]
Captain

850 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

kroska
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2008 5:45 pm
Witium swept his long blonde hair out of his eyes as he strolled into the massive throne room. Something wasn't normal; the room seemed colder then it should've been. His eyes peered from the ground to the queen and a black shadow hovered behind her. With eyes now narrowed he straightened his posture and strode forward into the middle of the throne room. The Queen seemed to have her attention directed somewhere else; to the shadow before setting her eyes on him as he came into the room. The elf took a light bow and then slide a large gold pouch to the foot of her throne, "Your gold your majesty." Naturally Witium presumed her eyes would dart to the gold so he shifted his focus to the shadow. His eyes flashed purple as he sent a thought over to the creature, ~Don't interfere~. Witium kneeled down and looked back to the queen with his now normal elegant Elvin eyes, "What will you have me do now?" Soon half her kingdom would be destroyed by her own hands. It was marvelous and lucky on his part that no one knew or told her about how the towns were obliterated. Maybe he had done it quickly enough? Witium made no action to really hide the destruction; he didn't care enough to do so. All he thrived for was the inevitable destruction of the human race. One that plagued his kind for too long. With only a few centuries left on his eternal clock the elf knew that he would use every last breath trying to avenge his race and make room for its rebirth to power.  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 6:34 pm
Miles placed his hand on Karasu's neck, watching her face. "Something the matter, beast?" He questioned, sincerely.

~I'm just having some fun while waiting~ Kraid spoke only to Witium. He laughed quietly, turning his attention to the queen. He spoke telepathically to her, as to keep Witium from hearing. ~Keep him around for now, But have someone keep an eye on him, No telling what the beast will do.~  

[Z_]
Vice Captain

Aged Noob

8,175 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Invisibility 100

Masamune 5.0

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 8:01 pm
Mirado shuddered in his sleep until he finally awoke. It was a short and unpleasant sleep. He couldn't sleep. The air felt heavy, as if something were amiss. As he stirred, Mirado noticed that Miles was speaking to Karasu.

"Is something going on?" He inquired.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 7:16 pm
Surveying the area one final time, he was satisfied by hearing nothing particularly unusual. Crouching beside the girl's seemingly lifeless body, he allowed himself to relax. If his luck held out, that would be all the fighting he'd have to do for a long while. Somehow, he knew that wouldn't be the case, but he figured he'd take it one step at a time. Rocking back onto his heels, he sat down in the snow and observed as Marten repaired his broken wings. As he took flight, Hile listened to the rhythmic beating of his wings as they gradually faded into the distance.

He heard movement on the ground beside him, and assumed it was merely the girl shifting in her sleep. As he continued to listen, he realized that she was lifting herself up. Without turning his head to face her, he spoke in his usual monotone.

“You’re up.”

He almost laughed at himself as he said it. Of all the things to say to someone coming out of a magic-induced coma, he’d picked that. What else could I have said? “Morning, miss. Don’t mind the bodies, I was just passing through.” Or, better still, "Welcome back. Oh, me? I'm just the unlucky fellow whose morality complex requires him to save people from black-robed psychopaths.” Great bit of good that’s done so far.

GreyZone

[Faelan]
Captain

850 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 8:33 pm
Valentius watched in confusion as the priest simply stared at him wide-eyed for a moment or so before pulling his reigns and going on his way. The retired warrior could have sworn he had heard the boy mutter something about being needed elsewhere, though he was not certain. No matter. There were more vicious powers at play with Lyndria than a peculiar priest on a pony. Valentius swept a bit of dust from his armor and made his way down the flickering city streets toward the gates, whistling a tune as he passed the tavern in an attempt to stay focused on the mission at hand.

~~~

The Queen nearly lept out of her seat as her palace doors were once again nearly thrown from their hinges. She stared wide-eyed at the Elf for a moment, before coming to her senses and swiftly returning to her usual position in a feeble attempt to save face. "Ah! My Freelance is back again! Successful as always, I assume," she inquired with more than a hint of instability in her voice. As he approached her throne, she couldn't help but tighten her grip on the ends of its arms. She could feel the wood slip beneath her sweaty fingertips, and a trickle of the stuff run down the side of her face. It was almost certain that she would experience a heart-attack fairly soon should the warrior move even an inch nearer. Not only was there a raspy-voiced stranger whispering uncertainties into her ear from a position entirely unbeknownst to her, but now, should she believe his proclamations, a potential threat to her life was now offering her gold. The Queen attempted to retain a regal demeanor, as she usually did, though she was experiencing more difficulty than ever before. Each of her guards had run off to capture Valentius ages ago, and had not yet returned. Suddenly, she greatly missed Valentius and his obnoxious drunken ways. At least he wouldn't let her die, regardless of how much he may currently despise her... After a moment or so, she realized that she had yet to take the gold from the foot of her throne, and that the young Freelance had inquired something of her. "What, sir--? Oh, right! Right. Your-err, assignments. Is that what you want? Right, yes, of course. Uh," she stuttered, trying to collect herself further in the hopes of being rid of the potential menace as soon as possible. Then again, she thought to herself, he would simply return in a matter of hours once the task was finished.. Though, if she were to dismiss him from his duties, and without anyone to prevent any harm from coming her way, he could very well kill her then and there. She then heard the voice once again, informing her that she should keep him working for her "for now," and pondered for another second before fabricating a plan. "Erm.. You've been working for nearly a straight day, young Freelance. Why don't you go up to your room and rest for a while? I will have an assignment for you by the time you awake," she spoke more calmly, quite proud of her new scheme.

Karasu twitched violently and quickly swung her neck back to face Miles as she felt his hand against her scales. Her piercing blue eyes were unusually thus, as she looked to him, though she tried to shake this expression for fear of startling him. ~It's.. ... The village.. It's horrible... Look there,~ she stuttered as she gestured toward the foliage which she had just peered through before, the foul odor still burning her nostrils uncomfortably, and the images stained in her mind...

Yousei looked up at the man with the blindfold and smiled amiably, though she quickly felt stupid for having done so, almost feeling as though she could have offended him.. but then, feeling rather stupid for that, as well. About to make a third stupid mistake by nodding, she said meekly, "Oh.. Uh, yes." That was shtupid, too... Jeez, am I always like this..? She noticed him smirking as she was speaking to him, and thought that he must have been trying not to laugh at her awkward behaviour. "Er.. I'm Yousei," she said amicably in an attempt to save face, "Who are you?"

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 9:31 pm
Edited
Witium quickly noticed the Queen's nervousness and couldn't hold back a sickening grin. He looked side to side and saw no guards, "...a little empty in here i see." The elf interrupted her as she offered him time to rest, "..No I think not you wretched human." His acid tongue came through the shadow of deception he had been building up in front of her eyes. His arms crossed slowly as his eyes narrow as he railed into the queen with sinister vows of hate, "Your foolishness has led to the betrayal of your people. Those little villages are craters. A equal price paid for your humans idiocy." Witium began to stride forward as his voice grew more stern, but quiet enough for only her to hear, "In case your too corrupt to see how exactly your world is crumbling around you I'll help. You sent me to kill those villagers over taxes, your king is no where to be seen and all you care about is money. This may not be true, but every dimwitted human around here will think it." By now he was about 5 feet away from the queen and outstretched a arm to point a finger at her face, "Now I've got a assignment for you; your reward will be your life." The elf turned and walked back and forth in a pacing motion. His hand lingered up to his chin as he thought out his plan, "You will put a Ylvesca descendant back on the throne. Specifically you will fund my search for the descendant and you will forgo your throne to such descendant. In addition workmen will be hired by you and sent to help rebuild the Elven capital Talik. Further more you will convince the people of this city that this must be done and they must give their support to their new leader." Witium spun on his heel and crossed his arms again defiantly, "In turn you get to keep your reputation, life, and some of your riches." With a metallic screech he unsheathed his right sword and pointed at her nose, "What say you?!"  

kroska
Vice Captain

GreyZone

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2008 6:46 pm
Sitting only a few feet away, the Haruchai could hear her facial expressions quite clearly, and gathered that she was feeling uncomfortable. It wasn’t something he was unfamiliar with. “Hile,” he replied, turning his head to face her briefly. He felt as thought he owed her an explanation, but he allowed the silence to settle in for a moment before he spoke. “You were in some trouble with a mage. I had to get you out of it. Things got more complicated than I had foreseen, and now we’re somewhere in the Perennials, though I do not know where.” He shifted himself upright, balancing his weight on the balls of his feet. We can’t stay too much longer. Those men are going to wake up, and I don’t have it in me to fight them off and heal them again.

Archive

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff