Welcome to Gaia! ::

::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::

Back to Guilds

The only guild on Gaia where hardcore Resident Evil fans can come and experience complete safe haven. Welcome! 

Tags: Resident Evil, Biohazard, Raccoon City, T-Virus, Umbrella 

Reply ::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::
::Resident Evil 5 Discussion:: The Infection Spreads Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 91 92 93 94 95 96 ... 163 164 165 166 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

NotteRequiem
Crew

6,150 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 4:30 pm
::Raises hand:: Vocals!!! biggrin  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 10:10 pm
Well, whatever ideas come along, I say we bring back the pre-rendered static backgrounds and tank controls! Capcom doesn't want them anymore, well screw Capcom! We know where Survival Horror is at!  

Biohazard EXTREME

NotteRequiem
Crew

6,150 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 2:44 am
I say we bring back tank controls just to watch my roommate go around in circles... twisted

Always good for a laugh!  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 11:16 am
Capcom is just trying to keep up with the times and the game will still be good with or without tank controls.

Also Capcom don't want to upset the new players.  

A5116278

Canas Renvall
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 4:26 pm
The new players need to get their s**t together and learn tank controls.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 5:35 pm
Honestly, once I initially got the hang of the Tank controls, it made things muuuuuch easier... and I felt like I was more into the game... If ya know what I mean.  

NotteRequiem
Crew

6,150 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Brandisher 100

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 6:28 pm
If you can't handle the Tank controls with the static cameras, then you're not cool enough for survival horror.  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 10:53 am
RE4 is not survival horror and does not have tank controls and niether will RE5.
I don't think it's a case of not cool enough but the fact RE4 can be picked up by casual gamers and they can play it without too much trouble.
I don't think your average gamer could pick up and old RE title and start playing it with ease.  

A5116278

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 11:16 pm
The thing that blows my mind is that these inferior casual gamers are actually SCARED by RE4. I mean, seriously, they should try picking up Silent Hill. Maybe there'll be a few heart attacks and we'd lose some unwanted fanboys/fangirls.
It's population control at its best.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 9:34 am
I have never played Silent Hill but i'm guessing it has a hard control system.

It's not like tank controls are hard to master. After about half an hour of gameplay any decent gamer should know how to control the game he/she is playing.

No matter how much true RE fans complain Capcom will never go back to the olf tank system because RE4 fans would find it hard to play and thus not buy it.  

A5116278

Kobo-chan

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 3:49 pm
Silent Hill was a weird one i think. I don't know the whole thing, since I played like half of the Third One. You can block? o_O" Well, whatever; the game's uber-a** freakeh-freak-yeah. Then again, there's also Fatal Frame... Dx!

Hmm, you know what, if RE5 is the last of the series, I hope they'd make remakes of 2 and 3... I think thsoe were the best ones. I'd say 1, but they already got a remake of it.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 4:31 pm
Silent Hill has Tank controls last time I checked. I find it much easier on a Playstation controller than on a Gamecube controller. But that's because my Playstation and I were together for a long time before I decided to have an affair with a Gamecube.  

NotteRequiem
Crew

6,150 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Brandisher 100

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2008 10:57 am
Unfortunately they discontinued the Tank controls on Silent Hill, but at least it's not over the shoulder.

But no, I actually find the tank controls better on the Gamecube, simply because the GameCube controllers have hard corners, so you know when you're exactly at 45 degrees, etc. On the PS controller, in games with Tank Control, I just use the D-Pad. Which made Outbreak just perfect for me.  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2008 7:10 pm
Yeah, I use the D-pad on the PS2 as well.. it's much easier that way I find...

That, and I like to make Leon and Claire do the moonwalk in RE2.... whee  

NotteRequiem
Crew

6,150 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Brandisher 100

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2008 7:30 pm
I just make them Ice Skate.  
::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 91 92 93 94 95 96 ... 163 164 165 166 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games