Welcome to Gaia! ::

*~ International Chinese Unite ~*

Back to Guilds

Dedicated to bringing Chinese and friends from all over the world together. 

Tags: China, Chinese, friendship, Culture 

Reply *~ International Chinese Unite ~*
~*~ ICU Chatterbox ~*~ Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 91 92 93 94 95 96 ... 793 794 795 796 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Niphredil Ithilmir

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2005 2:12 pm
Minielf
Niphredil Ithilmir
Minielf
Halloween's not popular here in Australia as well. I only saw one short article in the tabloids about it today, and there were definitely no girls/boys dressed up as freakish people. Falling on November 1st this year does no good for Halloween in this country. The fact is, every single person in the state I live in was celebrating more about the Greatest Horserace in the Southern Hemisphere-the Melbourne Cup, and later the incredible mare that won it the third time in the role.

Erm.. Hallowe'en is on October 31st every year.. sweatdrop

Oh year. redface Still, hardly anyone here celebrated it.

xD you people are strange..  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2005 7:21 pm
Niphredil Ithilmir
Minielf
Niphredil Ithilmir
Minielf
Halloween's not popular here in Australia as well. I only saw one short article in the tabloids about it today, and there were definitely no girls/boys dressed up as freakish people. Falling on November 1st this year does no good for Halloween in this country. The fact is, every single person in the state I live in was celebrating more about the Greatest Horserace in the Southern Hemisphere-the Melbourne Cup, and later the incredible mare that won it the third time in the role.

Erm.. Hallowe'en is on October 31st every year.. sweatdrop

Oh year. redface Still, hardly anyone here celebrated it.

xD you people are strange..

Tsk tsk... ethnocentric razz j/k  

tamcharles

Profitable Businessman

9,325 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Overstocked 200

Minielf

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2005 7:35 pm
OMG, I think this is the 28000th post on this guild!!! eek  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2005 4:54 pm
Niphredil Ithilmir
What do you mean, it's not popular in Britain? We have quite a big thing about it.. maybe Reading is just so OUT OF IT that you don't even have Hallowe'en celebrations.. razz
I never knew Halloween was a big deal. It is in Ireland (found out by watching QI surprised ), but surely not in England. Bonfire Night or takes centre stage for us English methinks. I went to a fireworks display today actually where an effigy of Guy Fawkes was burnt, which was fun, though my feet froze. mad Got to eat a toffee apple though! biggrin  

Tokioka

Leo-Nacci

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2005 12:51 am
halloween is big deal in the u.s. i guess. there's parties ( i think students try to find any reason to hold a party) then they have the costume contest and the stores have these sales on costumes and candy and then the trick o treaters and the news stations aired the piece of how to keep your children safe from child molestors and what not on halloween night .  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2005 3:04 am
Tokioka
Niphredil Ithilmir
What do you mean, it's not popular in Britain? We have quite a big thing about it.. maybe Reading is just so OUT OF IT that you don't even have Hallowe'en celebrations.. razz
I never knew Halloween was a big deal. It is in Ireland (found out by watching QI surprised ), but surely not in England. Bonfire Night or takes centre stage for us English methinks. I went to a fireworks display today actually where an effigy of Guy Fawkes was burnt, which was fun, though my feet froze. mad Got to eat a toffee apple though! biggrin

It's not like the hugest thing but it's still celebrated and all the shops do hallowe'en stuff etc etc.. I'm going to a fireworks thing tonight ^^  

Niphredil Ithilmir

[.Higan Bana.]

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2005 10:40 pm
1:40 am...= =;; can't sleep....  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2005 10:48 pm
magicvials
halloween is big deal in the u.s. i guess. there's parties ( i think students try to find any reason to hold a party) then they have the costume contest and the stores have these sales on costumes and candy and then the trick o treaters and the news stations aired the piece of how to keep your children safe from child molestors and what not on halloween night .

We're americans, we love to party and procrastonate life. rofl
Any excuses to go get high and drunk. rolleyes
Why else do we have such rubbish holidays like Mardi gra(sp)?

Darkaznstargoddess
Captain

Ruthless Genius

13,100 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Bunny Spotter 50

Niphredil Ithilmir

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2005 8:11 am
Mardi Gras, I think, is a french thing.. no idea..  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2005 8:13 am
Niphredil Ithilmir
I thought that it was a party of extravagence because it was the last day before lent, which is essentially a fast of sorts. sweatdrop  

tamcharles

Profitable Businessman

9,325 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Overstocked 200

t0shi0
Crew

Receiver

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2005 9:09 am
tamcharles
Niphredil Ithilmir
I thought that it was a party of extravagence because it was the last day before lent, which is essentially a fast of sorts. sweatdrop

I thought is was when idiots dress up in blinding colours and march around town.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2005 9:31 am
Maybe it's all three.. ninja  

Niphredil Ithilmir

Tokioka

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2005 3:59 pm
Darkaznstargoddess
magicvials

Damn americans, hogging all the fun. stare Why can't the british have more fun? mad  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2005 6:15 pm
Tokioka
Darkaznstargoddess
magicvials

Damn americans, hogging all the fun. stare Why can't the british have more fun? mad

because you're a stiff. that's why lol. jkz. i dunno... maybe because no one like you o.o lol jkz.  

Leo-Nacci

Tokioka

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2005 6:30 pm
magicvials
Tokioka
Darkaznstargoddess
magicvials

because you're a stiff. that's why lol. jkz. i dunno... maybe because no one like you o.o lol jkz.
Harsh, as always. stare

But seriously, it's not me. If there was a halloween party being held I'd definitely go, but there never is one. Halloween just isn't given enough attention over here.

And why are you using your brother's account?? What's wrong with yours?  
*~ International Chinese Unite ~*

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 91 92 93 94 95 96 ... 793 794 795 796 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games