Welcome to Gaia! ::

Nintendo Cult!

Back to Guilds

So long and thanks for the memories. 

Tags: Nintendo, Gaming, Video games 

Reply Social Room
SPAM CAN Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 9363 9364 9365 9366 9367 9368 ... 26211 26212 26213 26214 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Best Megas Album?
  Get Equipped
  Get Acoustic
  Megatainment
  History Repeating Blue
  History Repeating Red
View Results

Zephyrkitty

Beloved Lunatic

9,400 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2008 9:43 pm

Ribbin
Ribbin
Regulust
Zephyrkitty
Waynebrizzle
Though I still don't get what the difference between a villain and an anti-hero is.

The villain is doing bad things because they're bad. The anti-hero is doing bad things because he thinks the long-term effects will be good.

This is the best definition.

Hardly, tons of villains do bad things because they think they're good.

Anti-heroes do bad things because it IS good.

Fix'd. My first version made no sense. xD

I didn't think my definition was the best presented, either.

That fix got rid of my issues with your post, so I'll just say 'good point, I agree' and leave it at that.
PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2008 9:45 pm

Ribbin
Orphie
An antihero is just a main character who doesn't have the normal heroic attributes, but generally still does good things.

Villains are characters whose actions and ideals oppose the main character.

I think you're thinking of the definition of an antagonist. A villain can be a main character. Villain and hero are just terms that we use for people that meet our defined versions of good and evil. Protagonists and antagonists are the 'main character' and the person who opposes them.

But if you think about it, if the villain is the main character, isn't he the hero? Like in Dr. Horrible. Or in Sly Cooper. He's definitely the hero of the story.

Anyway, I'm not gonna care anymore. I'm going to bed.

Orphie

Hobo Scruffy

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2008 9:46 pm

TtheHero
xBowserxChanx
~Bowser~chan~

hmmm i have come back from the underwhere to send you all to your game overs in an orderly fashion

~Here to send you to your game over~

*BEAR HUG!*

BTW, I have Evtra Lives, continues, credits, and Fairies in Bottles.

And ADDITIONAL PYLONS.

I'm pretty much safeguarded.
wink

I hide behind T with his ADDITIONAL PYLONS! XP
PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2008 9:46 pm

Orphie
Ribbin
Orphie
An antihero is just a main character who doesn't have the normal heroic attributes, but generally still does good things.

Villains are characters whose actions and ideals oppose the main character.

I think you're thinking of the definition of an antagonist. A villain can be a main character. Villain and hero are just terms that we use for people that meet our defined versions of good and evil. Protagonists and antagonists are the 'main character' and the person who opposes them.

But if you think about it, if the villain is the main character, isn't he the hero? Like in Dr. Horrible. Or in Sly Cooper. He's definitely the hero of the story.

Anyway, I'm not gonna care anymore. I'm going to bed.

The hero and the protagonist are two different things. If a villain is the protagonist, he's still a villain.

Zephyrkitty

Beloved Lunatic

9,400 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Elocutionist 200

Ribbin

4,900 Points
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2008 9:47 pm

@ZKitty: One of my examples of a villain that ultimately does something because he thinks it has long term effects is the villain in ToS or MMZX:Advent.

@Orphie: Nope, Dr. Horrible was most definitely a villain. Captain Hammer sure wasn't a villain. Once again, he's trying to take over the world. Despite Captain Hammer being a douchebag, he's still the hero.
PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2008 9:48 pm

So no one read my explaniation of Wario being a good anti-hero? sad

TtheHero

Unbeatable Protagonist

29,625 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Waffles! 25
  • Diedrich Supporter 50

Bass Beatdown

7,850 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2008 9:49 pm

TtheHero

Yey. I'm no one. =D
PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2008 9:52 pm

Ribbin

@ZKitty: One of my examples of a villain that ultimately does something because he thinks it has long term effects is the villain in ToS or MMZX:Advent.

I have no idea how the villain of ToS slipped my mind. sweatdrop

Zephyrkitty

Beloved Lunatic

9,400 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Elocutionist 200

Ribbin

4,900 Points
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2008 9:53 pm

TtheHero

I haven't played any Wario games, so I don't know of any of his 'heroic deeds.' Or lack thereof.
PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2008 9:57 pm

Allegro

TtheHero

Unbeatable Protagonist

29,625 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Waffles! 25
  • Diedrich Supporter 50
PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2008 10:12 pm

Ribbin
TtheHero

I haven't played any Wario games, so I don't know of any of his 'heroic deeds.' Or lack thereof.

Seeing as I've played ALMOST The entire list of Wario games, I'll tell you.

I didnt play much of VB WarioLand (ROM), so I'll omit that and Master of Disguise.

In the GB WL, well his bout against Captain maple Syrup... she was a bad guy anyway.

In WL2, Syrup got revenge on him by stealing his justly-earned loot, or thorugh another storyline, boots him out of his castle. Of course he would NOT take that lying down.

In WL3 after getting sucked into the music box, he toils all the way to his final battle against Rudy the Clown, and by beating him, he actually saved the inhabitants of the music box, also gainin the loot he scored.

in WL4, he defenats the Golden Diva, which wound up saving Princess Shokora. Depending on how many treasures you got while defeating the bosses (under the time limit; when the time dwindles, the treasue boxes from those battles disappears one by one), the princess' appearance can vary from being a child, to looking similar to Wario, to being drop-dead hawt.

In Wario World, you save Spritelings while on your quest to restore your caselt, and in the end they repay you fore your hard work. The appearance of the restored castle varies depending on the amount of Spritelings you saved.

And I bet there;ll be more of is EPIC anti-heroism in WL: Shake It!
PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2008 10:15 pm

TtheHero
Ribbin
TtheHero

Seeing as I've played ALMOST The entire list of Wario games, I'll tell you.

I didnt play much of VB WarioLand (ROM), so I'll omit that and Master of Disguise.

In the GB WL, well his bout against Captain maple Syrup... she was a bad guy anyway.

In WL2, Syrup got revenge on him by stealing his justly-earned loot, or thorugh another storyline, boots him out of his castle. Of course he would NOT take that lying down.

In WL3 after getting sucked into the music box, he toils all the way to his final battle against Rudy the Clown, and by beating him, he actually saved the inhabitants of the music box, also gainin the loot he scored.

in WL4, he defenats the Golden Diva, which wound up saving Princess Shokora. Depending on how many treasures you got while defeating the bosses (under the time limit; when the time dwindles, the treasue boxes from those battles disappears one by one), the princess' appearance can vary from being a child, to looking similar to Wario, to being drop-dead hawt.

In Wario World, you save Spritelings while on your quest to restore your caselt, and in the end they repay you fore your hard work. The appearance of the restored castle varies depending on the amount of Spritelings you saved.

And I bet there;ll be more of is EPIC anti-heroism in WL: Shake It!

Hmm, I never liked the Wario Land games, but I always wanted to play Wario World.

Ribbin

4,900 Points
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100

Zephyrkitty

Beloved Lunatic

9,400 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2008 10:19 pm

Well, I finally got EBA, so I'm going to work on that some more and then go to bed. Night, Cult!
PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2008 10:20 pm

Zephyrkitty
Ribbin
Ribbin
Regulust
Zephyrkitty
Waynebrizzle
Though I still don't get what the difference between a villain and an anti-hero is.

The villain is doing bad things because they're bad. The anti-hero is doing bad things because he thinks the long-term effects will be good.

This is the best definition.

Hardly, tons of villains do bad things because they think they're good.

Anti-heroes do bad things because it IS good.

Fix'd. My first version made no sense. xD

I didn't think my definition was the best presented, either.

That fix got rid of my issues with your post, so I'll just say 'good point, I agree' and leave it at that.

I meant best definition posted thus far.

Anyways good night.

Skaeryll

Dangerous Spotter

TtheHero

Unbeatable Protagonist

29,625 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Waffles! 25
  • Diedrich Supporter 50
PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2008 10:25 pm

Zephyrkitty
Well, I finally got EBA, so I'm going to work on that some more and then go to bed. Night, Cult!

Good night!

I think I may try the rest of the MMZ series.
Social Room

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 9363 9364 9365 9366 9367 9368 ... 26211 26212 26213 26214 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games