Welcome to Gaia! ::

Neon Love

Back to Guilds

A place to hangout and be yourself among friends who Love you. 

Tags: Friendship, Love, Activities, Craziness, Anime 

Reply Neon Love's Gang
Yackity-Yack Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 93 94 95 96 97 98 ... 208 209 210 211 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Which dream vacation would you choose?
Bahamas
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Tokyo, Japan
60%
 60%  [ 3 ]
Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Paris, France
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Sydney, Australia
20%
 20%  [ 1 ]
Hawaii, USA
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
London, England
20%
 20%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 5

Gweener

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 12:30 pm
Hazumu-san, I hope your troubles begin to ease. It's crazy how we work to live, and then work has a way of deducting from our life. Hope peace finds you soon, friend.

I agree that reading other's stories would be interesting, but also, no particular ones come to mind.

I had heard that Ledger was on that Ambien. But he was also taking a whole bunch of other stuff, too. Be careful of what you are taking together, and don't put any faith that your doctor will catch any bad combinations. The connection between the drug companies and the doctors pockets is not clear to me, but I wouldn't trust my health to just anyone.

I like the new poll. I'll pick my favorite, but I got a laugh as I also thought of the sexiest, and even the most favorite to quote!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 4:33 pm
I actually agree with your pick, Gwee. Bruce Willis might not have some of the most macho roles, especially next to Arnold or Stallone, but I think he's a bit more talented than the others.

And I guess we can do those other polls later on, though I'll be changing a few of the people for the "sexiest" poll. You'll see. Although... I will be very confused when voting for that poll... I could give it a shot, though, I guess.

And I don't even think we need a poll to know that "Ahnold" is the most fun person to quote... pretty much ever.  

ChainsawDooM
Vice Captain

Dangerous Conversationalist

24,625 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100

Hazumu-san
Captain

Liberal Genius

8,575 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 6:58 pm
After looking at the poll I have to agree with you guys. Bruce is a good one, at least his characters are pretty good. Samuel L Jackson is pretty good too, but I haven't seen him in as many hero flicks lately, but he does have a presence doesn't he.

I saw that you can get a Miku Hatsune Action Figure now. She is the first Avatar for the Vocaloid software series. I have seen stuff on Youtube, the character is just adorable. 4laugh

Gwee: Thanks, I hope is slows too, but I don't think it will be anytime soon though. I'll make it through, it may slow near the end of the month (at least I hope) sweatdrop

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 12:41 am
... I think the current song on my profile suits me... It's got an intro from an old movie stuck on the beginning, but It's really a pretty good song.
.My favorite line is "Bein' with you makes me think of zombies."  

ChainsawDooM
Vice Captain

24,625 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100

Gweener

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 12:21 pm
Well, u hang in there, Hazumu-san! *huggles* (like u have a choice, huh?)
I'm here for ya if u need to rant or whatever.

What about Samuel L. Jackson, Chainsaw? He's a favorite on YouTube for quotes. Plus, it's just fun "cuz he always sounds like he's hollering. (I think Chappell said that?)

I think Bruce is my fav 'cuz he's more like a real person,... not a meat-head. Nothing against meat-heads. Gotta show respect to da Govanah of Cal-i-for-nia! Maybe they're not all dumb,... they just sound that way. whee

You know, it's funny, maybe weird, that I was thinking about what kind of stories I grew up hearing that are from this area, and I did remember being fond of the Brier Rabbit stories and of course Tom Sawyer and Huck Finn. But that's not fairy tales.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 1:18 pm
No, but they are folk tales, which are almost the same thing...

Although, I'd rather you didn't write out the adventures of Tom Sawyer and Huckleberry Finn. 'Twould be a rather long read.

And I didn't do Sammy J because the only quote of his I can think of is the snakes on a plane one, whereas Ahnold has like... 6 from every movie he's ever done. That man's a one liner god.  

ChainsawDooM
Vice Captain

24,625 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100

Hazumu-san
Captain

Liberal Genius

8,575 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 5:40 pm
Thanks Gwee *luvs my soul Sis* I think today went really well, although I still have to finish my 45hr week tomorrow, yuck!

I still wish I could think of any fairy tales or even folk tales.

I can't wait for my birthday!, (only two more weeks) we are going to the Holly Renaissance Festival, I get to wear my new outfit. (sword girl extraordinaire biggrin ) I love going every year.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 1:24 am
Ike cometh.
11ish hours before it gets to me. It will only be a tropical storm by then, but let's hope it doesn't spawn some tornadoes on its way by.  

ChainsawDooM
Vice Captain

24,625 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100

Gweener

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 8:43 am
Tears have come to my eyes so many times as I watched Ike unfold its fury on the Galveston/Huston area. Images of the Katrina aftermath are still fresh. The winds and surge have been significant even here, so I know it is doing major damage at the point of impact. It concerns me that the people of Huston were asked to just stay and "hunker down.' I do hope everyone comes out of this safely, because the lost of property of obvious.
Stay safe, Chainsaw. I know you will, right? You don't strike me as the type to go try to "surf" or fly a kite in the middle of the storm. Just stay away from them windows!

So what's your favorite Arnold quote? Mine would have to be; "It's not a tumah!" But now that I've thought about it, you are right about him being the king of one-liners.

(And no worry about a recount of the Huck & Tom Tales. I think Twain already did a fine job. I did kinda irritate me that it was mandatory reading for us just because of the area we live in.)

Yeaaaah, Hazumu!!! The Renaissance Festival is always exciting... and for your birthday!?~ That's awesome! I don't know what it is about getting all dressed up, and becoming someone else~ But it's very liberating!
i just know you're going to have a great birthday! Plus all the excitement building up as you prepare!!!? You're going to be weilding a sword!?

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 5:43 pm
Yeah, that 20 foot storm surge from Ike was brutal.  

ChainsawDooM
Vice Captain

24,625 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100

Hazumu-san
Captain

Liberal Genius

8,575 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 8:03 pm
I am glad you are ok Chainsaw. I saw that the storm surge was going to be huge.

I just read that Ike did some major damage in around you Gwee. Is everything ok where you are, no more damage around you I hope.

As for actually having a sword, I can't, they won't even allow peace-bound swords. Sadly all my swords will be staying home, I will have my scabbard though.

Here is my favorite Arnold quote:

Girl: Where is Sonny?
Arny: I let him go. (After dropping Sonny off the cliff)
funny! lol

Be well, both of you! heart

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 11:37 pm
Keep safe during all these storms everyone heart  

PieMonster2000
Crew

Hilarious Phantom

Gweener

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 11:26 am
Everything's a-ok here. The waters did come up, with the tide in, the waters just began to recede yesterday! and the wind was gusting around 30 mph for daaaays, here; which surprised alot of us.
But nothing to complain about, especially since we know what a huge surge can do.
What exactly went on around you, Chainsaw?

I am still surprised by how big, and how much trouble this one gave every place that crossed his path!
And why isn't The Weather Channel even mentioning the tropics right now? It better be because we're expecting some nice, cool, Fall front to come down and sweep away any potential tropical trouble.
Still terribly hot and muggy here. Feel sorry for those without electricity!~ been there, done that... don't want to do it again!
Isn't it crazy how these storms knock out so many windows in the high-rise buildings? Now I wonder if it's from the sway of the buildings, the actual force of the wind, or flying objects. Too bad there's no way to board up all those windows!

It's probably a good thing that swords aren't allowed. I guess even wooden ones could be dangerous. But at least you have your scabbard. Does it go on your back or hip?

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 4:56 pm
... We're allowed to carry weapons at ours. Generally, swords remained sheathed, but I mean... some people have awls, pole-arms, axes, spears, bows and arrows, and war-hammers and stuff. Some of those can't exactly be sheathed.
We're Texas, we like our weapons. Although... I think you could carry weapons to the one in Colorado, as well... although, there were more rules. At the one in Texas, they don't even check your weapons.

And absolutely nothing I remember happened with Ike in my neighborhood. It got dark, rained a little, and a little windy. Only the western-most edge of Ike actually hit us, and by then it was only tropical storm status or less. Two of our fenceposts that were already rotting snapped off at the ground, but haven't fallen over yet. We'll have to dig the bottoms up sometime and replace the posts... that's about it.

We don't usually get a lot of utility damage from wind around where I live. Everything is buried, here. It's hard to find actual telephone poles and power lines in our city, the lines all go underground.

Houston and Galveston got hammered, though. Ike was so bad because it was so freakin' huge. It was only category 2 (when it hit, it was classified a category 2 by a 1 mph difference. If the windspeed had been 1 mph faster, it would have been a category 3...), but it's size was that of a hurricane much bigger, and so it dragged like... a category 4 or something allotment of water with it into that storm surge.  

ChainsawDooM
Vice Captain

24,625 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100

Gweener

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 3:30 pm
Well, I'm glad Ike didn't terrorize you. I wish I lived inland enough that I wouldn't have to worry about the hurricanes so much. It used to be that the Northshore was thought to be safe; that once the hurricanes start to hit land, that they down-grade quickly.
But the one thing I have learned over the last few years is that every storm is different. Even if I lived inland, I'd still be scared of the tornadoes, and maybe flash floods depending on the area!
No matter where ya go, there's something...
*wonders for the upteenth time about where the perfect place to live would be*
Still think it would be cool to live in a place where ya could have a nice safe basement to hide in.~ too much ground water here.

It's ironic that you mentioned your lines being run underground. A few of us around here were just discussing that very thing. I wondered why we didn't have all of ours underground; maybe it's because all the water underground? No. Actually the electric company has been adding on a fee to fund the project of doing exactly that!
Better late than never.

Neon Love's Gang

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 93 94 95 96 97 98 ... 208 209 210 211 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games