Welcome to Gaia! ::

Why Not?

Back to Guilds

No rules, just Fun! Join today. 

Tags: Roleplaying, Polls, Spam 

Reply "COS" ^Can O Spam^
Moonie's Ramblings Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 93 94 95 96 97 98 ... 2594 2595 2596 2597 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Prof. Moonie

Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2010 2:42 pm
*sings along to music*  
PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2010 3:09 pm
*sighs*

Well... I'm going to head off.

Talk to you later.  

Prof. Moonie

Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50

Prof. Moonie

Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2010 10:38 pm
Sorry it's been so long since I last posted here. Okay... so it's really only been about a day or so since I last posted... but still it felt like it's been longer than that.

Just been busy doing other stuff. Doing last minute stuff on my essay. Going to town with parents. School. Being too intent doing other random stuff to bother coming over here.

*shrugs*  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2010 10:42 pm
Anyway... I'm heading off to bed. I just thought I would post something for today... tonight... whatever... for the heck of it.

Oh!

My friend, who I shall address by his nickname - Shadow, was concerned about whether one of his old friends was dead or not. Mostly because one of his friends had a new name added to the list of friends that have passed away. But since it was only the first name, Shadow wasn't sure whether it was the person he knew or not. So, after being informed about his concerns, I started doing some searching about on the internet to see if I could find any info. He apparently was doing the same thing. While we both did find articles relating to the event, all of them said that the dead body found hadn't been identified yet. After coming across various articles saying the same thing, I told Shadow that with the event happening so recently ((yesterday evening they found the body)), the media might not be informed of any identification yet. In the end, Shadow found out the name of who it was ((probably from a friend)).  

Prof. Moonie

Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50

Prof. Moonie

Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2010 10:45 pm
The dead body was not Shadow's friend. So, he's relieved about that.

Anyway, we were talking a bit more... and he asked which one of us was Sherlock. I replied I wasn't sure. And that just because I had the surname Watson, didn't mean I automatically was Dr. Watson. In the end, Shadow claimed that he was Sherlock, and I would be Dr. Watson. sweatdrop

Now that I think about it. I think it fits quite well with the two of us. He is quite a bit like Sherlock - laidback, curious, always doing new and strange things (sometimes resulting in other people wondering where his thought process is going with it), and has a knack of getting into trouble. And me... I'm like Dr. Watson, in this scenario. I'm a bit more of a proper person, I'm intelligent ((done more schooling than Shadow has)), loves to read... *shrugs*  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2010 10:46 pm
But yeah... I ended up taking a quiz on Facebook that told you which Sherlock Holmes character you were. Guess who I ended up getting? Dr. Watson.

Another quiz I had taken, also said Dr. Watson. The runner-up was Irene Adler. xd As for Sherlock Holmes, according to the quiz... he was the least like me.  

Prof. Moonie

Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50

Prof. Moonie

Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2010 10:47 pm
In all honesty, I find myself a combination of both Sherlock Holmes and Dr. Watson. 3nodding

But I'll get more into that later. For I am heading to bed. And should have much sooner, but was too busy doing other tangent things. So... good night. And talk to you tomorrow.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2010 10:51 am
Good morning everyone!  

Prof. Moonie

Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50

Prof. Moonie

Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2010 10:57 am
So as I was saying last night before I went to bed. My friend and I were discussing about which one of us was Sherlock, and the other being Dr. Watson. We decided he was Sherlock and I was Dr. Watson.

Then I mentioned that outside of the context of just me and him, I view myself as a combination of both Sherlock Holmes and Dr. Watson.

3nodding  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2010 11:21 am
I shall first start off talking about how I'm like Sherlock Holmes.

In the stories, Watson describes Holmes as a "bohemian" in habits and lifestyle. While I personally don't consider myself completely "bohemian", I can think of some ways how I'm like this. Watson also notes Holmes' willingness to bend the truth or break the law on behalf of a client (i.e. lying to the police, concealing evidence or breaking into houses). I can connect with this. Sherlock Holmes is pleased when he is recognized for having superior skills and responses to flattery, as Watson remarks, as a girl does upon her beauty. I am like this most of the time. Unlike Sherlock who was often a loner and barely made friends - I am a bit more social able. While it's true I am a bit on the quiet/shy side and it takes me some time to trust people to consider them as friends... I still manage to make more friends than Sherlock has. In the first book of the Sherlock Holmes series, it is mentioned that Holmes' mood can change without warning, from day to day. One moment he is active and, if Watson is around to listen to him, he goes on rambling about the discovery he has found ((usually about some experiment he's conducted)). Then the next, he's laying on the couch in a depressed mood. As for myself, I tend to have these mood swings as well. This is probably the part that makes me think about how much I am like Sherlock. Finally, in one of the books, Watson makes a list of what knowledge Sherlock has:

1. Knowledge of Literature — Nothing.
2. Knowledge of Philosophy — Nothing.
3. Knowledge of Astronomy — Nothing.
4. Knowledge of Politics — Feeble.
5. Knowledge of Botany — Variable. Well up in belladonna, opium and poisons generally. Knows nothing of practical gardening.
6. Knowledge of Geology — Practical, but limited. Tells at a glance different soils from each other. After walks, has shown me splashes upon his trousers, and told me by their colour and consistence in what part of London he had received them.
7. Knowledge of Chemistry — Profound.
8. Knowledge of Anatomy — Accurate, but unsystematic.
9. Knowledge of Sensational Literature — Immense. He appears to know every detail of every horror perpetrated in the century.
10. Plays the violin well.
11. Is an expert singlestick player, boxer and swordsman.
12. Has a good practical knowledge of British law.

For me? Here's what Watson might write about me.

1. Knowledge of Literature — Profound.
2. Knowledge of Philosophy — Variable. Has a reasonable amount of knowledge on certain religions and philosophies.
3. Knowledge of Astronomy — Variable.
4. Knowledge of Politics — Feeble.
5. Knowledge of Botany — Variable. Knows quite a bit about local plants, thanks to several classes taken in college.
6. Knowledge of Geology — Practical, but limited.
7. Knowledge of Chemistry — Feeble.
8. Knowledge of Anatomy — Limited.
9. Knowledge of Sensational Literature — Variable.
10. Has an excellent singing voice.
11. When not reading, she prefers to visit with friends and family, or go for a walk.
12. Is always curious about learning new things, even if it's extending her knowledge in an area she is either profound in or has feeble knowledge of.

So... with this being said, I'm a bit more knowledgeable than Sherlock Holmes is in mostly the literature area, which would make sense seeing as Holmes' would've majored in scientific areas (that related to detective work) and I'm majoring in English. We are knowledgeable in the areas of our work... and disregard much information about any of the others areas. Unless we have to indulge in it, to find out more information for our "case". xd  

Prof. Moonie

Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50

Prof. Moonie

Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2010 11:43 am
Now to compare me with Watson.

Like Watson, I am an intelligent person. However, unlike Watson who prefers to focus on materialistic ideas... in other words, theories that can be proved by science and not supernatural-like ideas... I tend to be more like Holmes thinking wise (believing in supernatural-like ideas to exist). Watson tends to take on certain manners from those around him (particularly Holmes; one time he solved a case, using Holmes' methods - despite solving it, Holmes states that "[he] sees, but [he does] not observe" - I'm quite an observant person (so a mark towards Holmes)). Holmes states that Watson has a "pawky humour" - which probably describes my sense of humor pretty well. Watson is naturally open and straightforward, while Holmes can be secretive and devious - I'm more like Holmes when it comes to this. When it comes to their professions - Watson being a doctor, Holmes being a detective - I've never considered myself working in the medical field. It's never interested me. I could see myself working in the detective field though, if I had to choose between the two. The only time I would be a "doctor" is if I earned myself a Doctorate in English. Then I could call myself a "doctor". sweatdrop Watson is considered a ladies' man ((where as Holmes, while does enjoy the occasional interaction with women [particularly of Irene Adler] but overall, claims to never trust them)). I don't really know where I stand when it comes to the opposite sex... I think I'm somewhere in the middle between the two. I interact well with guys, but it takes me some time to develop trust in them. Watson likes to write down the events of the days, especially during the cases they are working on. I like to keep track of events that have occurred in my life, and in other peoples' lives as well. There's also speculation that Watson's family originates from Scotland. On my father's paternal side, I could potentially have Scottish heritage myself.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2010 11:44 am
So, in the end, I am like both Sherlock Holmes and Dr. Watson. Though here it seems there's more points pointing towards Holmes than Watson. sweatdrop

I'm sure if I read the actual books myself, I could get a better idea of which one of the two I'm more like.  

Prof. Moonie

Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50

Prof. Moonie

Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2010 11:46 am
So yeah. There you have it.

I should go take a shower, before lunch... since it's getting pretty close to lunchtime. sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2010 12:15 pm
I was just thinking about something. It's Twilight related.

Almost everyone has gotten so upset about the fact that the Twilight vampires don't follow the traditional myth, we're all familiar with. These vampires are "vegetarian" in a sense - they only drink the blood of animals, rather than humans ((which isn't all that weird I think; not everyone will adapt so easily to having to kill humans)). They are killed when they step in the sunlight. Instead they just sparkle. And all of the usual methods of killing or warding off vampires ((i.e. garlic, the cross, etc.)) don't apply to them.

But what about the werewolves? Why hasn't anyone discussed about how inaccurate the Twilight werewolves are? Are they so blinded [pun unintended] by the Twilight vampires to not notice the changes with even the werewolf storyline?

With the Twilight werewolves, we notice that all of them are only Native Americans. According to myth, anyone can become a werewolf. It's not specific to just one race or what ever. Also, everyone should be familiar with the fact that werewolves only transform into their canine form during a full moon. The Twilight werewolves transform whenever they get angry. And as for who becomes werewolves - it seems like the ones we know of in the Twilight saga were "born" as werewolves. There's no "biting" and transforming. Or even with the "wolf girl" ((sorry... her name escapes me at this moment))... she was scratched by the werewolf leader ((his name escapes me too...)). If I remember werewolf myths correctly, anytime you get bitten or scratched or whatever by a werewolf, you are destined to become a werewolf yourself. With "wolf girl" you don't get any mention of her being a werewolf too. She just was standing to close and got hurt when the leader got mad. *shrugs*

But I guess the Twilight werewolves stay pretty close with their myth more than the Twilight vampires do. So maybe that's why no one is upset about the changes there.  

Prof. Moonie

Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50

Prof. Moonie

Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2010 12:15 pm
It's hard to believe that in 19 days I'll be turning 21. surprised biggrin  
"COS" ^Can O Spam^

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 93 94 95 96 97 98 ... 2594 2595 2596 2597 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games