Welcome to Gaia! ::

::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::

Back to Guilds

The only guild on Gaia where hardcore Resident Evil fans can come and experience complete safe haven. Welcome! 

Tags: Resident Evil, Biohazard, Raccoon City, T-Virus, Umbrella 

Reply ::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::
::Resident Evil 5 Discussion:: The Infection Spreads Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 93 94 95 96 97 98 ... 163 164 165 166 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Javanomicron

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 4:44 pm
This is just getting more and more interesting. :3 I can't wait to find out more.  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 7:09 pm
I'm still not convinced that this will be a great, or even a good game. Sure, some of the new features are nice but its not enough for Capcom to redeem itself. The only way they could redeem themselves is to bring back the survival horror in the RE games. But we all know that's never gonna happen... stare  

Vankala

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 7:28 pm
Well, I noticed words like 'Conclude' and 'Pinnacle' so with any luck, this'll actually be the last Resident Evil game.  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 7:35 pm
Xenomina
This is just getting more and more interesting. :3 I can't wait to find out more.
I'm pretty excited about Chris' 10 year flashback that Capcom's going to let you play. That will be a big help filling in the gaps.  

MM-212 Beta
Captain

Vankala

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 9:35 am
Biohazard EXTREME
Well, I noticed words like 'Conclude' and 'Pinnacle' so with any luck, this'll actually be the last Resident Evil game.

Highly doubt it. If this game does really well, then of course Capcom's gonna at least consider making another game. As much as I don't want that to happen, I'm pretty sure it will.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2008 4:30 pm
I think it is interesting. I mean they had to be moving on beyond the umbrella corporation. I do think it would be nice to bring back the zombies and such. But the games stopped having self contained environments. Instead having the actions of the characters going more of a global scale. Which is what was left to them.

I have high hopes for this one. And I am happy that umbrella chronicles filled in the gaps.

raye rei

Aunshi360

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2008 1:00 pm
raye rei
I think it is interesting. I mean they had to be moving on beyond the umbrella corporation. I do think it would be nice to bring back the zombies and such. But the games stopped having self contained environments. Instead having the actions of the characters going more of a global scale. Which is what was left to them.

I have high hopes for this one. And I am happy that umbrella chronicles filled in the gaps.

so true domokun domokun domokun domokun  
PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2008 1:15 pm
Sure, they can move past the Umbrella Corporation and still have zombies. The global scale I have no qualms with. Hell, CVX took place on a tropical island and the edge of the Earth and it's still good. What I don't like is the fact that there aren't any zombies anymore. It's all living people. It's all action. It's all about the guns and the muscles and the jumping-off-50-foot-ladders-without-a-scratch moves. No longer are the days of true scares. Gone are the countless moments of suspense. Now it's just "Okay. Got my gun. ...Guns. And grenades. And upgrades. Let's go kill! biggrin "  

Canas Renvall
Vice Captain

REaceofclubs

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2008 8:44 pm
Vankala
I'm still not convinced that this will be a great, or even a good game. Sure, some of the new features are nice but its not enough for Capcom to redeem itself. The only way they could redeem themselves is to bring back the survival horror in the RE games. But we all know that's never gonna happen... stare

I miss the impending doom and the slow moving sluggish zombies too. And I wish that they could find a good way to bring it back to that. The way that the storyline has developed makes that a bit of a challenge. It's a shame too. There's something that just isn't as scary about people with parasite heads and axes/guns/pitchforks/etc. sad  
PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2008 8:46 pm
Aunshi360
raye rei

so true domokun domokun domokun domokun

Due to all the school expenses, I haven't played UC. I can't wait to play it tough. My brother says it really explains a lot. He says you get to be Wesker a whole lot too. Which sounds uber fun.  

REaceofclubs

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2008 12:34 pm
Well, that would depend on how hardcore your brother is about Resident Evil.

Considering you're in this guild, I'm assuming you're a seasoned vet.
So let me tell you that storywise, Umbrella Chronicles does no justice to us. The only good thing about it is that it still has zombies. And I mean, it's fun to play. But anything new that was found out in it, I was really disappointed with.
Needless to say, I don't really donsider Umbrella Chronicles as a part of the series, as far as I'm concerned.

All I'm saying is, beware. UC was just another one of those games that took Everything about Resident Evil that had any mystery to it, and totally ruined the mystery, laying out every little detail, and not even in a very good way.

Overall, I wouldn't play it for anything other than gameplay itself. But storywise, I don't bother considering it a part of the RE universe. And as such, I'm now selling my Wii.  
PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 9:43 am
For all you hopefuls, there are a few new scans up in the Raccoon City Times thread.

New female character, it looks like... who knows what we can expect?  

NotteRequiem
Crew

6,150 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Brandisher 100

Vankala

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 10:58 am
Yea, I saw those a week or 2 ago. I'm thinking it a new character cuz it really doesn't look like it could be returning character.  
PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 1:22 pm
I wonder if they messed up Claire as badly as they messed up Leon. confused  

NotteRequiem
Crew

6,150 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Brandisher 100

Vankala

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 2:06 pm
I hope not....but its Capcom we're talking about, so who knows? stare  
::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 93 94 95 96 97 98 ... 163 164 165 166 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games