Welcome to Gaia! ::

::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::

Back to Guilds

The only guild on Gaia where hardcore Resident Evil fans can come and experience complete safe haven. Welcome! 

Tags: Resident Evil, Biohazard, Raccoon City, T-Virus, Umbrella 

Reply ::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::
::Resident Evil 5 Discussion:: The Infection Spreads Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 94 95 96 97 98 99 ... 163 164 165 166 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Mjolnir The Hammer

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 5:21 pm
Apologies if I, once again, didn't scour the depths of this discussion, but did anyone happen to see those newly released screenshots of what looked to be Leon? I'm not sure what those were.

Some enlightenment please?
3nodding

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 5:25 pm
No... eek I didn't see anything like that... were you perhaps looking at footage or screenshots from the upcoming 'Degeneration' movie?

It's going to be CG animated movie, much like FF7's Advent Children starring Leon and Claire, or so it seems so far.  

NotteRequiem
Crew

6,150 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Brandisher 100

Mjolnir The Hammer

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 5:31 pm
NotteRequiem
No... eek I didn't see anything like that... were you perhaps looking at footage or screenshots from the upcoming 'Degeneration' movie?

It's going to be CG animated movie, much like FF7's Advent Children starring Leon and Claire, or so it seems so far.

Oh God... I would die a thousand deaths to see that happen. *drool User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 3:19 pm
Not sure if this as been said but I just got really happy about an odd thought. Capcom might be bring us just what we all seem to want!

It appears from what little information I've found this game is to do with Africa yes? And I suppose we all know about Voodoo magic and the original meaning of zombie being related to a corpse fused with voodoo?

They might actually be...Really zombies...I mean actually brought back by magic and not by Umbrella, being a fan of supernatural things this seems like a really good idea. Anyone else think that's a good idea or am I on my own.

Sure they wouldn't be infected but they'd be actual voodoo infused Zombies?!

Just a thought, I'm probably going to be on my own with liking this idea but if that's what they do I will personally love Capcom again and regain my faith in Resident Evil.  

~Immortal Crow~

Wesker89

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 12:14 pm
voodoo zombie would be alot better then where they with resident evil 4  
PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 12:18 pm
Biohazard EXTREME
Well, that would depend on how hardcore your brother is about Resident Evil.

Considering you're in this guild, I'm assuming you're a seasoned vet.
So let me tell you that storywise, Umbrella Chronicles does no justice to us. The only good thing about it is that it still has zombies. And I mean, it's fun to play. But anything new that was found out in it, I was really disappointed with.
Needless to say, I don't really donsider Umbrella Chronicles as a part of the series, as far as I'm concerned.

All I'm saying is, beware. UC was just another one of those games that took Everything about Resident Evil that had any mystery to it, and totally ruined the mystery, laying out every little detail, and not even in a very good way.

Overall, I wouldn't play it for anything other than gameplay itself. But storywise, I don't bother considering it a part of the RE universe. And as such, I'm now selling my Wii.

I wouldnt sell your wii if i was you didnt ya hear that they are remaking resident evil zero for it  

Wesker89

NotteRequiem
Crew

6,150 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 1:02 pm
rolleyes They're only making it in Japan.  
PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 1:27 pm
And it's not a remake. It's a port. A pure port.

Btw, I got my Game Informer magazine a few days ago and there were more unseen screenshots of RE5. Apparently the blonde in the video (read: Sherry most likely) was wearing a red dress and there's a chick with long, brownish hair... and a gun. They speculate it to be Claire, so they may have just ruined her as much as Leon. At least she couldn't be as insane in the movie. But here, in the game... Who knows. She may just karate chop heads and they'll explode.  

Canas Renvall
Vice Captain

MadamTarantula

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 7:24 pm
Canas Renvall
And it's not a remake. It's a port. A pure port.

Btw, I got my Game Informer magazine a few days ago and there were more unseen screenshots of RE5. Apparently the blonde in the video (read: Sherry most likely) was wearing a red dress and there's a chick with long, brownish hair... and a gun. They speculate it to be Claire, so they may have just ruined her as much as Leon. At least she couldn't be as insane in the movie. But here, in the game... Who knows. She may just karate chop heads and they'll explode.

God, I didn't like Claire in Extinction. They totally ******** up her character. I think what I despised most though was the actress they picked to play her.

Here is a link to a 1up article about that new footage (I wonder when we're going to see the actual vid?): - Click -

Then here's a very tasty article: - Click -

(I really like the whole "virus comes from volcano" thing. Zombies and volcanoes. Oh hells yes. smile )

And finally...delicious scans. heart

User Image

(Hm, I don't think the woman is Claire, but I could be wrong...)

User Image

User Image  
PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 3:04 pm
That's it. That's just it for me. Come on. Online co-op? Duck and cover? Shooting around corners? And most of all...

A VIRUS AWAKENED BY VOLCANIC ACTIVITY?! Why the hell not add run and gun and strafing just to really throw it into the wall?

I'm honestly speechless. I thought they would just Leonize Chris, which is still horrible. But... but this? This is far beyond Leonization. This is it for me.

R.I.P. Resident Evil. You were so good... but now you've failed me. I've lost all hope for you ever to return.  

Canas Renvall
Vice Captain

MadamTarantula

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2008 6:07 pm
Canas Renvall
That's it. That's just it for me. Come on. Online co-op? Duck and cover? Shooting around corners? And most of all...

A VIRUS AWAKENED BY VOLCANIC ACTIVITY?! Why the hell not add run and gun and strafing just to really throw it into the wall?

I'm honestly speechless. I thought they would just Leonize Chris, which is still horrible. But... but this? This is far beyond Leonization. This is it for me.

R.I.P. Resident Evil. You were so good... but now you've failed me. I've lost all hope for you ever to return.

Yeah, I don't like how 4 attracted freeloaders (casuals), and I'm sick of people bitching about strafing, but things don't last forever. I understand your problems with it, but If they kept using the original gameplay style for too long, you probably would've gotten sick of it (Mega Man anyone?).

Good things have come from 4, like the improved AI. You are no longer safe by running to the nearest room when you're getting attacked (except for safe/save rooms). Because of this, your feeling of security is diminished...your safety now determined by only the heath items and ammo you have left.

Picture this. You run into a small room to discover that there is no exit. You only have seconds to get out of the way and back yourself into a corner while the door is getting busted open. You anxiously check your inventory. You find out you have some empty guns (the ones that do have ammo only have a scarce amount), a couple green herbs, and no grenades. The door is now destroyed and a mob comes storming in. How are you, the player, feeling now? What are you going to do?

This increased feeling of fear is what the series needed. The only times you were like this in the past was during boss fights. Fear is one of the factors that makes the series so enjoyable. The more fear the better. mrgreen

But duck and cover does sound lame. When you're in trouble, all you need to do is make a 180 and run the ******** away.

BTW, there is a new trailer on the official site (there's also a couple interesting wallpapers you should take a look at): - Click -  
PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2008 6:21 pm
Well, Angela... what you've described is anxiety in not being able to find a way out....

What really made RE appealing was the absolute terror of the enemies. Like... Zombies moved pretty damn slow, and STILL I have to pause and gain my composure in order to continue.

Ganados just.... were a bunch of angry Spanish men... rofl  

NotteRequiem
Crew

6,150 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Brandisher 100

Elliot Salem

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2008 10:10 pm
Canas Renvall

Actually, a virus awakened by volcanic activity makes more sense than a parasite that's been fossilized.
Okay, duck and cover is retarded, in real life people can shoot around corners.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2008 1:15 am
Elliot Salem
Canas Renvall

Actually, a virus awakened by volcanic activity makes more sense than a parasite that's been fossilized.
Okay, duck and cover is retarded, in real life people can shoot around corners.

I liked the volcano idea as well! I'm sure it's going to make one hell of a 5 minute countdown at the end of the game. smile  

MadamTarantula

duffs on fire

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2008 10:14 am
i dont have a ps3 or 360, but my uncle does and
he is definately getting this game.

imo this would ruin the game(if included):
-shoot and walk
-a health meter that heals itself like most 360 games UGH
-a compass map like most 360 games UGHHHH
-killing off that black girl like some partners you get in re(luis/steve lol)
-100 ft big jumps, slo motion fighting, A CAR CHASE
-having to protect someone for a good portion of the game
-same enemies from re4 but slightly different

i cant help but think theres going to be a lake monster,
chainsaw guy(confirmed), giant mutant gigante, & regenerators,
but with a slight african twist......... boring  
::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 94 95 96 97 98 99 ... 163 164 165 166 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games