Welcome to Gaia! ::

Angel Eclipse

Back to Guilds

A unique role playing community! 

Tags: Roleplaying, Fantasy, Adventure, Angel, Eclipse 

Reply Role Playing [Verspya]
Talking while you role play Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 966 967 968 969 970 971 ... 1662 1663 1664 1665 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

UkyoKuonji2004
Vice Captain

Feral Kitten

PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2010 5:19 pm
Could you give me the link?  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2010 6:01 pm
ya, but make sure youll be able to run it.

I've been doing some research about it on here, and it turns out, i was right, you can change money in game to real money and visa versa. its hard to make much, but it looks like i may be able to do well enough if i try to pay for a premium account, so i can own land, and thus, make a roleplay area.

itll take some serious work, and ill have to wait till i can get at a serious internet connection, rather than my sattelite, but thatll happen with college. i do that, i can get working on it... hell, if i am lucky, i may be able to pay for college that way... but im not that lucky.

just go to secondlife .com youll have to download the viewer onto your conputer if you wanna check it out.  

pyroknight1

6,875 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Citizen 200
  • Signature Look 250

UkyoKuonji2004
Vice Captain

Feral Kitten

PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2010 6:02 pm
If it requires a good computer/good internet connection then it will only be good for those of us who actually have those things.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2010 6:11 pm
the only reason i need a different internet connection, is because if we over use our current satellite internet, itll stop till the next month. im pretty sure anything that doesnt have a serious delay in terms of uploading/downloading data will work.

and as for the good computer thing, i dont know what the specs are. i think anything that isnt absolutely horribly outdated should work.

and it was only a suggestion anyway. i enjoyed my time while i was there, and thought those of you who could do it might too, but i dont know anything yet about the system requirments. im looking for that now.  

pyroknight1

6,875 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Citizen 200
  • Signature Look 250

UkyoKuonji2004
Vice Captain

Feral Kitten

PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2010 6:14 pm
And it also requires a downloaded program. I know some people would be hesitant in doing that. I know I am, and I have a pretty good comp.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2010 6:22 pm
thats true, though, it had no ill effect on the computer i was using. didnt even slow it down.  

pyroknight1

6,875 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Citizen 200
  • Signature Look 250

UkyoKuonji2004
Vice Captain

Feral Kitten

PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2010 6:36 pm
I think it's a good idea, but probably not for AE. I would have to talk that over with the other mods.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2010 6:42 pm
I figured you would agree with me when i suggested it if you looked, and i was thinking that as well. it would take a lot of work to do AE even in part in it, so i was thinking that i could start small, possibly replicating Cursed academy, with a smaller forest of course. im not sure how i'd replicate the curses though... probably through scripting pieces of clothing, to make electircal bolts and the like...  

pyroknight1

6,875 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Citizen 200
  • Signature Look 250

UkyoKuonji2004
Vice Captain

Feral Kitten

PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2010 6:45 pm
Well I can't exactly agree with it until I bring it up with the other mods. It's a good idea, but I have my doubts about it. And not everyone here would be able to get something like that to work.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2010 6:51 pm
i meant about the idea of creating a roleplaying space in there in general. i wouldnt do the AE thing without everyones approval anyway, since it could be considered theft of intullectual property, or some such thing, should one of you bring it up. and as i said, it would be a lot of work anyway, replicating such expansive areas. it would have to be a long term project, and probably a collaborative effort anyway, since it would be a lot of stuff to create and script. i get the feeling, it would be a gradual, area by area thing anyway, much in the same way that verspya and mythanos have expanded anyway.

and i am aware, that odds are not all of us would be able to get it working anyway.  

pyroknight1

6,875 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Citizen 200
  • Signature Look 250

UkyoKuonji2004
Vice Captain

Feral Kitten

PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2010 7:02 pm
I think it would be better if you started something like that in your own guild and see how that works, before we even consider it. I don't like the idea of putting it in right now, simply because it could cause a lot of confusion in the future. And some people are on summer vacation/gone to camp/gone to work.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2010 7:09 pm
I'm aware, and i think that at some point we had a miscommunication, because im not even talking about using AE at this point, if ever, i only brought it up in the first place as an example of what i could try and recreate. thats why i then brought up my own roleplay thread, Cursed academy as a starting point for creating, since it would be easier to recreate something of both my own imagining, and that is small enough to fit into one square of the Second Life grid system. I wouldnt put it into AE right now anyway, if ever, for the simple reasons that there is so much detail in the guild's various areas that in terms of getting things started, it would be a massive undertaking, i would probably start on alone.

also, did i mention i spied on vampire lords, and snuck into a werewolve's flat while i was in there. note to all, if your on foot, and the vamp has a garage, running down the road doesnt work.  

pyroknight1

6,875 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Citizen 200
  • Signature Look 250

UkyoKuonji2004
Vice Captain

Feral Kitten

PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2010 7:10 pm
...?  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2010 7:15 pm
ya... if they spot you... like, through a window for example... and youve not been invited to their grand take over the city plans, they dont tend to want you to escape... and running down the road, cause its easiest, also tends to get the pissy vapire lady to run you over...  

pyroknight1

6,875 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Citizen 200
  • Signature Look 250

UkyoKuonji2004
Vice Captain

Feral Kitten

PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2010 7:17 pm
o_O Uh-huh...  
Role Playing [Verspya]

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 966 967 968 969 970 971 ... 1662 1663 1664 1665 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games