Welcome to Gaia! ::

*~ International Chinese Unite ~*

Back to Guilds

Dedicated to bringing Chinese and friends from all over the world together. 

Tags: China, Chinese, friendship, Culture 

Reply *~ International Chinese Unite ~*
Introduce yourselves!!! Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 97 98 99 100 101 102 ... 114 115 116 117 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

xx_mizuki

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 4:59 pm
Hi! I'm Mizuki. But don't be fooled by the alias! I'm really part-Chinese (mother's side), with some Western roots on my father's side. Well, I'm possibly addicted in anime/manga, thus the interest to learn Japanese, but Chinese still remains one of my favourite subjects in school!

Yeah, I study Chinese as my mother tongue. More specifically, only Mandarin is taught in schools here. However, I've learnt some Cantonese words from my grandmother, born in Hong Kong, who speaks and understands only that dialect.

Well ... I think that's all you need to know about me.  
PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2007 11:39 am
Hello everyone. I am ethnic Chinese, named Xing, and I am currently on the move to College in just a few months. Unfortunately, my Chinese is limited to only Cantonese and I lack any ability to write in the characters. Even more unfortunate is my inability to communicate through Cantonese effectively.

So! I am trying very hard to sharpen my Cantonese-speaking skills. Don't get me wrong, I understand conversations well enough, but speaking it myself leads to sloppy sentences and incorrect usage of words. sweatdrop  

Eden110

Tokioka

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2007 12:12 pm
Welcome all new members. ^-^

@Xing: I have the same problem. My cantonese has improved a lot while I've been at uni, but during long periods when I don't get the chance to speak it I get really sloppy. sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2007 6:54 pm
Tokioka

@Xing: I have the same problem. My cantonese has improved a lot while I've been at uni, but during long periods when I don't get the chance to speak it I get really sloppy. sweatdrop

Yeah, I just get so embarrassed when I speak in front of unfamiliar family members. I just know they think I'm an idiot for not being able to speak Cantonese. Worst of all, Cantonese isn't even my family's dialect (which I can't speak at all).  

Eden110

Tokioka

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2007 7:17 pm
Eden110
Tokioka

Yeah, I just get so embarrassed when I speak in front of unfamiliar family members. I just know they think I'm an idiot for not being able to speak Cantonese. Worst of all, Cantonese isn't even my family's dialect (which I can't speak at all).
Aha. I tend not to really speak with older relatives in canto, as we don't really have much to say lol. Instead I usually chat with my cousins who are around my age and all BBC, so we kinda mix in loadsa english and it's all good cos we're all crap at canto. xd  
PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 10:41 am
Tokioka
Eden110
Tokioka

Aha. I tend not to really speak with older relatives in canto, as we don't really have much to say lol. Instead I usually chat with my cousins who are around my age and all BBC, so we kinda mix in loadsa english and it's all good cos we're all crap at canto. xd

I have to mix English with my Cantonese because of my vocabulary. At least some of that is done in Hong Kong nowadays from what I can see on the Chinese television shows. Perhaps it will become a fad?  

Eden110

Etaf Evael

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 10:29 am
Everybody
arrow
arrow

arrow

arrow

arrow

Welcome! biggrin  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 12:43 am
Hi everyone~

I'm a 16 year old (turning 17 this year) chinese girl who is fluent in both english and mandarin. I can read, speak and listen to mandarin. My writing is very crap though...can't write a proper essay without a dictionary XD

I moved to Australia when I was 5 years old. Currently residing in Perth, Australia. I love to watch chinese TV and listen to chinese music. I am a devout Christian who puts God above all things. I also like Hello Kitty and Jay Chou is the one who inspired me to start liking chinese music.

[HelloKitty]

Niphz
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 2:11 am
Welcome to the guild! ^^;; Hope you have fun here.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 11:56 am
~Welcome to the ICU GUILD. =]
People are real nice. ^^

[.Mihiko-chan.]

Tokioka

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 4:09 pm
That's some real nice style you got there kitty, looks like t0sh gained has some competition. cool

And welcome, of course. ;3  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 11:14 am
I already introduced myself like........a year ago.
But this is just to refresh everybody's mind. x]]

My name is Shirley.
People also like to call me CoCo, San, or even Ricky.
I'm 15.....and yes....I DO look older. =.=
But it's kewl beans! <33
I'm part Chinese and part Vietnamese.
For some reason, I've been mistaken for a Hawaiian and sometimes even Mexican. [ some say it's b/c I talk pretty fast. but who doesn't? ]
I'm more into my Chinese culture b/c the Vietnamese disinterests me b/c they tend to like drama. [ no offence to the Viets. =[[ ]
I don't like watching tv at all. Unless some really good anime is on, or it's stand-up comedy. ;D
I LOOOOOOOOOOOOVE Starbucks coffee. <33
Power to the coffee beans! xDD
I'm random and crazy.....also laziest girl in zee world.
And.....I have a thing for emo dudes. x3

t o x i c l i p s t i c k

6,650 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Friendly 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100

Niphz
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 11:20 am
STARBUCKS FANS SHALL RULE THE WORLD AHAHAHAHA >D

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 2:17 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.Welcome new members =]

Coco - No no. I'm the laziest girl in the world razz

` T a p i o c a `

*~ International Chinese Unite ~*

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 97 98 99 100 101 102 ... 114 115 116 117 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games