Welcome to Gaia! ::

Angel Eclipse

Back to Guilds

A unique role playing community! 

Tags: Roleplaying, Fantasy, Adventure, Angel, Eclipse 

Reply Role Playing [Verspya]
Talking while you role play Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 995 996 997 998 999 1000 ... 1662 1663 1664 1665 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

pyroknight1

6,875 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Citizen 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2010 6:28 pm
ukyo... im PYRO. i dont burn! *throws molten metal at ukyo.*  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2010 6:29 pm
Oh I see xd Death is too much for kids I guess. They could have just said, "He's just sleeping in ketchup, don't mind him."

*avoids, stabs Pyro with ice pick*  

UkyoKuonji2004
Vice Captain

Feral Kitten

Cecily D Aria
Crew

Versatile Explorer

11,825 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Entrepreneur 150
PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2010 6:31 pm
Oh, don't even get me started on the lack of blood. xd  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2010 6:32 pm
*laughs as the ice pick shatters on my hard, yet thin, metal outer skin.*  

pyroknight1

6,875 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Citizen 200
  • Signature Look 250

UkyoKuonji2004
Vice Captain

Feral Kitten

PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2010 6:37 pm
*takes out knife*
*activates Mystic Eyes of Death Perception*
*stabs Pyro*

They like replacing blood with...radioactive substances sometimes. It happened in the Final Fantasy VIII game near the end(it didn't matter really though). Mermaid Forest(an Anime) had liked bright pink and blue(yes, blue) blood coming from both people and monsters. The last two episodes they ran out of radioactive colors so they used dark red. Those last two episodes weren't released on Japanese television, it was too graphic for the target audience. Why did Rumiko Takahashi focus on InuYasha when she had a perfectly good alternative already?! crying Mermaid Saga was epic...  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2010 6:42 pm
*Dies, but not before men claiming to want to teach ukyo arrive and kidnap her, taking her to some location she would never guess.*  

pyroknight1

6,875 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Citizen 200
  • Signature Look 250

UkyoKuonji2004
Vice Captain

Feral Kitten

PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2010 6:43 pm
Who the heck are you, Puppet?
*slaughters weird men*  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2010 6:49 pm
No don't take Ukyo!!
*helps kill crazy men and then runs off to...somewhere classified*  

marixe alcyone

Ghostly Dreamer

UkyoKuonji2004
Vice Captain

Feral Kitten

PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2010 6:50 pm
*watches Marixe run away* o_O  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2010 6:53 pm
Kihihihi I am the other Blue Mage!!  

marixe alcyone

Ghostly Dreamer

Hiraru Sagara

Magic Hunter

17,075 Points
  • Comrades in Arms 150
  • Bookworm 100
  • Angelic Alliance 100
PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2010 7:08 pm
UkyoKuonji2004
The problem's not Japan, it's North America and them being too picky and particular about what they put on TV. Ranma 1/2 for example is for kids 13 and older in Japan. It's 18+ here. Like people younger than 18 never seen boobies before. And there's never been sex or anything like that in the show either.
Pokemon and Sailor Moon seemed to always have SOMETHING wrong with it too. The names are too Japanese. The culture is not American. The jokes make no sense over here, so replace it with something bland and stupid here. The Japanese food being edited out completely.
One episode of Pokemon was taken out from North America because a character caught a cold(and hence has similar symptoms to SARS), another was removed because of the use of firearms(even though I think it was fake), another one was taken out because James was wearing a bathing suit(And looked really smexy in it btw >_<), another one...the list keeps going. I know at least three or four more episodes that were removed/edited for stupid reasons like that.

You also have to remember America was founded by heavily religious people... puritans. We are still heavily set in their mind set.... And they were the kind of people that if a woman wore her hair down, she was a witch... Most North Americans have a similar mind set... Naked women, guns, and STDs are more than 'we' want our children seeing in a cartoon... Though how that explains Family Guy I don't know... Maybe it's because it comes on later at night... I did however meet an eight year old who watched Family Guy with her Dad and step-mom...

Way I figure it, if the kid doesn't know what 'That' is, it doesn't matter.

They could always just put in... waves/steam/fake swimsuits, like they did with some of the Gundums, and Tenchi Meuyo.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2010 7:23 pm
I'm sorry, but I just had this picture in my mind from the second or third episode of Ranma 1/2 when Akane opened Female Ranma's shirt on the school grounds, only to find steam coming out in a desperate attempt to sensor what's in there xd

Yeah all that you just said held water until Family Guy was allowed to be put on TV. Now everything you said is basically moot. That show comes on over here pretty early in the day, so children can easily get an eyefull of it before bedtime. You are in the 'Religious' region of the states anyway. It seems the general public outside the southern states pretty much don't care as much about religion as the 'purists' in the south do. I'm not saying that's a bad thing or that they shouldn't be more open minded, it's just one of those things that happened.
And are you serious about the witch thing? Is that still ongoing today?  

UkyoKuonji2004
Vice Captain

Feral Kitten

Cecily D Aria
Crew

Versatile Explorer

11,825 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Entrepreneur 150
PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2010 7:25 pm
I assume she's making a reference to the Salem Witch Trials that happened in the 1690s in Salem, Massachusetts, or some similar incident that happened around the same time.

Edit: Excuse me, 1690s. I don't know why I thought it was earlier than that.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2010 7:27 pm
As long as that's not going on now... o_O In the age of knowledge and technology, something like that happening would be just weird.  

UkyoKuonji2004
Vice Captain

Feral Kitten

pyroknight1

6,875 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Citizen 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2010 7:29 pm
i can say for sure, at least here, witches these days are safe... sometimes. it can get hairy for me sometimes though.  
Role Playing [Verspya]

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 995 996 997 998 999 1000 ... 1662 1663 1664 1665 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games